Author Topic: DOD:S Realism server?  (Read 4516 times)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DOD:S Realism server?
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:34:24 PM »
Title says it all.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DOD:S Realism server?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
I dont think more than MAYBE 10 players at CG plays this game.

Doubt there will be an entire server for it.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Played a DOD:S realism server once.

Ragequit after a Lt. told me to run out in the open as a distraction every round or I'd get banned.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »

Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Suff

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
Bah- It wouldn't be a bad idea if we were seeking to expand to different platforms, but you must remember that a majority of high-end communities already dictate DOD:S as a whole. We really haven't the experience to establish such a server and attract a moderate playerbase to it, it would also be a drain on community funds being that no income could arise from it. Our community is mostly custom to the Garry's Mod platform, being that is where 98% of our current playerbase is as well as the current community donations.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »
Bah- It wouldn't be a bad idea if we were seeking to expand to different platforms, but you must remember that a majority of high-end communities already dictate DOD:S as a whole. We really haven't the experience to establish such a server and attract a moderate playerbase to it, it would also be a drain on community funds being that no income could arise from it. Our community is mostly custom to the Garry's Mod platform, being that is where 98% of our current playerbase is as well as the current community donations.

I used to run with the 28th as a rather high ranking officer.  I personally am more than capable of running realism, and well at that.  If anything, having a DoD:S server will increase our playerbase tenfold.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »

I actually don't mind the little playerbase on outlands. It just makes it more realistic really. There wouldn't be a lot of people around like in City 18. Like honestly if there was people just RUNNING around... that would be wierd. And plus a realism server might increase our playerbase, aswell some good fun.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
I am part of the 11th Airborne DOD:S realism group, as long as a few people are in the server at a time, to attract more people, it'll do fine. Trust me- noone likes an empty sever.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
I'm actually going to agree with Tray, with a few players the server would attract some people, therefore we get fun, and we don't always have to stay on the server to make it look populated. I'm sure that's how the HL2RP started out, but now look at it, we hit a high 50, even if like 4 of them we're minges.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal