Author Topic: How to RP in a gun fight.  (Read 7927 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to RP in a gun fight.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Agreed...
The thing with uber pro gunslinging citizens though, it's complete BS in my opinion. Even with all the supposed "elite military training" that people like to put in their /charphysdesc.
o7

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
I just wish that the Citizens and Rebels wouldn't always have in their Description LOL I FABALOUS SHOTTER BECAUS MY DADDY OWN A GUN AND SHOTS THE COMBINE. or they just have that kind of thing in their character some how.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 09:37:56 PM »
And besides, the description is supposed to be physical. Stuff like skills should be discovered in-game, in-character, by finding a way to RP it, amirite?
o7

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »
Yeah, I mean seriously, most people probably wouldn't know how to shot web shoot a gun but then, magicly, every citizen has some kind of magical past experience where they were an excellent shooter.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 11:49:14 AM »
I've been to plenty of RP servers that uses the "hit and miss" RP rules, and people (especially owners / super admins abusing this) places their description as being a marksman and being a martial arts expert.
Clearly racist.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
Rct's really shouldn't be shooting as well as they are. Our OfC's, of course, have the training, and experience. I guess that Rct - 04 or 03 should really be missing a lot of their shots. 03 or 02 have some minor experience, so they can improve after that. 01 and OfC up can start hitting a lot of their shots, but still miss quite a little. DvL and up should be hitting most of their shots, with very little shots missed.

What you just said there is spot on. That should be the exact statistics of CCA S2M rules.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Philosowolf

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 11:54:52 PM »
Even though citizens shouldn't have guns in the city, if in the outlands or canals they receive one with authorization.

It shouldn't just be like "omg antlion attack, fire with my new weapon, pew pew pew. yea, this is easy."

Using a gun is no small task and the recoil can be a shock to people who are new using it. Any military/police employed people were all but eradicated when the Combine fully took over. Being a person who used to work on a farm and say "oh I used to have a rifle". That's not excuse either. Most of the memories citizens have are blurred, or overtaken when residing and getting used to the city.

If a person receives a gun, they should also be taught how to use it. You could even have some sort of gun-lock, where the person might give you the gun itself..but it doesn't work until an administrator has "unlocked it" OOCly once the person has learned how to use it.

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »
COTA do not shoot to miss. They're elite units.

Rebels if anything, should be between Citizen and Metrocop.

In order from most accurate to least:

COTA - Misses almost none of their shots.
DvL>OfC - Misses about 10-15%
01-03 - Misses about 15-25%
04-RCT - Misses about 35-55% of shots
Rebel - Misses 45-60% of shots
Citizen - Misses 70-80% of shots.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
Resistance by rights should miss more than citizens due to them being always on the run, undernurished and starved from the bare rations citizens get. Also, you forgot to put the SeC in, he is above COTA units performance wise.

Offline .:KFrohman:.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 01:39:34 AM »
Resistance by rights should miss more than citizens due to them being always on the run, undernurished and starved from the bare rations citizens get. Also, you forgot to put the SeC in, he is above COTA units performance wise.

Considering that the SeC is a high value individual, They are seldom seen in firefights. At least, that's how it should be IMO.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »
Yes. But to the Sectorial commander. I immagine he has a decent aim, and plus. He is Trans-human, just like COTA.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
When ever I'm involved in a gun fight CP's always shoot to kill.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
How were you in a gunfight with CP's...?

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2011, 09:49:35 PM »
There was a sniper and some rebels killing people and I found a hand gun and tried to fight the rebels, but my good intentions were frowned upon, and shot at by the CP's.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
...Wow that is a horrible reason. Really, you don't EVER pick up a gun as a citizen to 'Help the CPs'. And I don't know why, but I highly doubt that happened, as we don't have sniper rifles in the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal