Author Topic: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>  (Read 19468 times)

RyanPeters

Re: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:48 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
Kid

IC Character Name:
Ryan Peters

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Ryan wants to join the CCA because he is unhappy with the hand life has dealt him up to now.  From as early as he could remember, he was an outcast and had only three friends, who all died in the Seven Hour War.  After the Seven Hour War, Jason did as he asked by the CCA, first due to fear, but later out of respect.  Ryan knew that the Combine did not need to be nice and give the people rations, and he was disgusted by the resistance.

Why the resistance could not understand, Ryan did not know.  But the one thing Ryan did know is that he wanted to do whatever he could.  Every time he was forced to relocate, he took the suitcase he lived out of and boarded the train.  The first thing Ryan would do when entering the new city was to find the CCH and get his apartment, then he would walk around everywhere he was allowed and map out all the key points.  By the end of the first day in the city, he knew where he could find the Ration terminal, the Train station when he was told to relocate, the Nexus, and the restricted areas.

Every city he was in, he kept his eye out for any way he could help.  Once he was relocated from City 18 to City 45, he saw that they had openings for the Civil Workers Union, but he did not want to stay a citizen.  He wanted to be part of the CCA.  He looked into the CWU just in case the CCA did not have openings by the time the CWU closed their applications, but he was pleased when he saw that the CCA were going to open their applications.  Ryan waited for the day that he could apply, and once he was able to, he went and applied straight away.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Trustworthy
Kind
Outcast
Optomistic
HopeFull

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

For myself, I am hoping that the CCA will provide me with a new outlook on RP.  I also am hoping that it will provide me with better RP experiences, as well as better RP skills.  I want to better my RP and be able to take that and translate it to all other RP that I play (OCRP, and more specifically for my skills in the upcoming CRP.)

For John, I want him to be able to integrate himself into something.  Not just something, but I want him to be able to help the CCA and do what he can.  His outlook is to help the CCA in whatever facet he can, and that is what he wants to do.  He knows that it will be greuling and that people will hate him for being part of the CCA, but he doesn't care as long as he can do what he can for the CCA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Before the Seven Hour War, Ryan was a field medic in the army.  He was the go-to guy in his squad to get help if one of his teammates were injured or shot.  He was regarded as one of the best field medics in combat,  and was quickly promoted through the ranks.  He loved his job, because he loved helping people and his country at the same time.  He eventually got out of the army, and went on to get his RN and help in the hospital of his local town.

A few years later, the Seven Hour War happened.  Ryan did his best to stay out of it, but was unable to.  He decided that the best course of action was to not fight.  After the Seven Hour War, he was not happy with the Combine.  They destroyed his way of life, and the few people he called friends.  He still feared the Combine, so he was complacent and did what they told him to do.  After a while, he decided that the Combine did not have any reason to do what they were doing by keeping everyone alive by giving them rations.  Once he came to that realization, he started to respect the CCA for what they were doing.

After he realized that the CCA were truly helping, a thought triggered in his head.  After all the stress, rations, and breenwater, Ryan did not remember much from before the Seven Hour War.  The things he did remember were that he was a person who helped others, but did not remember how.  He remembered the best way to splint a broken limb, but not how he got the training.  When he realized that the CCA were helping the citizens, he wanted to be part of that.

From that point on, Ryan wanted to do his part and was loyal to the Combine after that.  He wanted to do his best to get into the CCA, no matter what he had to do.  So he kept his eye out.  In every city there seemed to be an overabundance of CCA so he stayed loyal, keeping his mind on the fact that one day he would be in a city that there were CCA applications open, and that he would get in.

Once he was relocated to City 45, he was happy.  There seemed to be less CCA than other cities, and then he knew that he was going to be able to put his application in and hopefully get his dreams to come true and be part of the CCA.  He went to the Nexus and noticed that an application cycle was just completed.  He was not down due to this, he just told himself that the CCA would need more people soon.  He noted that the CWU was taking applications, but did not apply, waiting for the CCA to open a new cycle for applications.  That day came, and he went to put his application in.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since PERP, so 2ish years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
On and off over the 2 years, probably the better part of 6ish months when put together.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

For a month or two.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

When me and a Buddy where camping out on hl2rp in an apartment and the MPF where coming to detain us, We secretly played dead and the MPF

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Ryan Peters
CID: # 60201
Height: 5 foot 9 inches
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 160lbs
Mental Distinctions: I am extremely honorable and Trustworthy
Mental Defects: I will pay any price to achieve his goal
Mental Advantages: Fast learner, obedient
Notable Qualities: Loyal to the CCA

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I want to join the CCA because I wish to be able to help the CCA make a difference, and hopefully be able to show people that the CCA are not what people think that they are.  I also want to be able to help with the infestation that is called the resistance.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Ryan Peters hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:55:56 PM by RyanPeters »

Offline GeeMayn

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 08:14:23 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
GeeMayn.

IC Character Name:
Gary Denison.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
   Gary started off in City 18, angered at Doctor Breen, but forced to show respect for the Union. (Obviously, if he was disrespectful, they would blow his brains out.) Gary spent the first few years of his new life working at a Water Treatment Plant. For 3 long, dragged-out years, he stood at a terminal, changing the flow of the pressure valves. It was the same routine for Gary, wake up, eat a ration, go to work, eat a nightly ration, and sleep.

His last day in City 18 was the most exciting, and dangerous, time of his life. An unknown man hacked into the Nexus's security, which shut down the power fields, letting exogens into the City. Many lives were lost that very day, and the remaining amount of citizens and Civil Protection members were transferred to different cities. Fortunately, Gary landed in City 45, where he currently strives to make a living to this very day.

Since then, Gary was the mid-point type of fellow, he became been neutral for the remaining amount of years. Gary needed more protection ever since the City 18 incident, nearly killing him. Gary decided to apply for the C.C.A., Gary doesn't want to be a mangled, messy corpse if City 45 has a related incident. Gary could also use a lot nicer food and beverages, he could use the strength after six years of practically starving to death, as well as the training with weaponry, close combat, and main patroling duties. Mainly medical training, after seeing the units and citizens die in the City 18 incident, who could have survived if they were medically assisted.

Cooperative
Kind
Useful
Wary
Honest

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
   Gary knows the Civil Authority is as tough as hell, he knows most to all of the Commanding units are strict. As well as the tough training. (Even though they're mainly breach training.) Gary knows he will and will always have to dedicate his life to the Union, but once again, he has nothing to lose after an extremely tough past before the Seven Hour War, but that is currently out of the question.

Gary has it in his head that Civil Protection are the protectors, not the terrible monsters. You might be asking Gary, "Gary, weren't you neutral?" Well, Gary is neutral because he still enjoys the help from resistance members, they offer him real beverages and food. He counts on both of them, but he never will become a resistance member, he's never a good liar, and he cannot defend himself if he is caught for questioning. Gary finds being a C.C.A. Unit a lot easier, and less likely to be caught, which is the exact reason why he chose the C.C.A..

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Gary was born in 1985 in Fort Collins, Colorado. Gary was born with a loving father, Jason Denison, and his lovely mother, Lauren Denison. Gary's first few years of life consisted on toys. Gary was home-schooled durng his preschool years, his family was poor, and could only afford small toys for him. Jason Denison worked as a 7th Grade Math teacher, and his mother was a waitress at 'Joe's Crab Shack'.

Sadly, during his kindergarten year, his mother died due to leukemia, which neither him, his father, or his mother were aware of. Fortunately, Gary took it fine, he knew his mother would tell him to move on, which is what he did. Unfortunately, Jason took it too hard, he started to become addicted to alcohol, which left Gary alone by himself.

During Gary's first grade year, he found a terrible suprise. His father shot himself with a gun. Gary grew depressed and confused afterwards, he moved to an orphanage, and the children in his classes made fun of him for being an orphan. Fort Collins was a cruel place for Gary through his school years, Gary never made friends, and ones who wanted to be his friend were the ones who were the general nuisance of the grade. Gary grew non-social, usually stating the wrong things at the wrong time. Gary couldn't understand why such kids would insult him. He was a kind child, and he was very cooperative if he was assigned a partner, he was always honest, he was very useful. The children still tourmented him, harrassed him, broke every bone in his body, words did hurt, a lot.

During 2004, the portal storms aroused. Gary was forced to move to an urban area, such as military-protected Denver, due to incredibly strange monster arriving in the rural areas. The first days of the portal storm involved major destruction. Bridges and buildings fell to the ground due to the major portal waves. Denver was still unsafe, the citizens were moved to a major World War Two bomb shelter during a portal wave. The portal waves could last months, continuous aftershocks is what led the city to rubble. The citizens set up camp in tents after the major destruction of Denver, Colorado. Gary spent 6 years in the same tent, being a socially-awkward civilian in the camp, still feeling unsafe even with the military standing guard at the borders of the city.

The year was eventually 2010, the combine nation eventually travelled from Xen to Earth, they eventually made it to Denver in the 2nd hour, taking control over it. Disaster struck as the building collapsed, strange flying objects (That kind of look like whales.) flew out of the portal. The alien race came upon Denver, as they forced relocation on citizens. Gary was transferred to City 18, where he begins his life story.

OOC Details

From other games, about four years in general.

I've been playing for a year, starting from Slidefuse, to KG Gaming and ShitRP, to Sigma7, to Catalyst Gaming.

For a few months, now.

GMT - 07:00.

United States.

6. How old are you?

Back in ShitRP, I was a sole resisting man nick-named "Stick", for being as thin as one. Stick traveled around the slums of City 18, resting upon the old Italian restaurant, which had a visitor inside. Dying for food, I enter inside, the man states he hid a knife behind a brick in the wall. Foolishly, I take his word and slide the brick out, since he needed the knife. And then, 'WHAM!'. Stick was smashed with a crowbar, and held hostage in a hidden room in the restaurant. Stick was freaking out to the max as he was tied to a bed frame, with a skeleton and a corpse in the same room with him. Fortunately, Stick was able to cut the rope free, and climb over the fence barrier the crazy kidnapper created. Stick had to leave a man behind who was later thrown in with him, the man was murdered, and Stick escaped the madhouse. It was a GREAT deal of fun.

I'll shut up the first time asked.

IC Section

Full Name: Gary Robert Denison.
CID: #56764
Height: Around 6 feet.
Hair Colour Brown.
Eye Colour: Turqouise.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: Around 100-120 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Hard-working, Cooperative, Determined.
Mental Defects: Extreme Depression.
Mental Advantages: Common sense, Educated.
Notable Qualities: Loyal, Determined, Wary, Brave.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I've never been detained.

Precisely.

Precisely.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Precisely.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Precisely.

I seek protection, and training for self protection. I will serve protection for the hard-working, honest citizens. As well as dedicate my life for the Universal Union. I am positive that I will make a great unit, useful for the C.C.A..

I, _Gary R. Denison_ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

ACCEPTED.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:24:10 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 09:12:30 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:
Col. Avalanche | STEAM_0:0:31615789
IC Character Name:
Ryan McDonald
   My character, Ryan McDonald, has a strong passion for the Universal Union, and wishes to act upon his feelings by aiding the Universal Union in any way possible. He has been inspired by the Combine, and has made many attempts to become trusted amongst them. My character began his journey for applying to the Combine Civil Authority by getting to know the civillian population, and the Civil Protection, watching their every move; trying to learn about them. Soon he took an interest in the requirements he had to fulfill in order to please the Union.

Shortly after arrival at City 8, my character began to act upon his passion, and started requesting duties from the Civil Workers Union and the local Civil Protection units in order to get his Loyalist points. These points eventually earned him a Loyalist Armband. After applying and being accepted into the Civil Workers Union, my character’s interest towards working alongside with the Civil Protection grew, and thus, he asked the local units for duties much more often. As Ryan was not always handed a duty to do, he did things out of his own will, some of which included: the distribution of request devices and items of Combine propoganda; to encourage Combine supremacy, and the distribution of Dr. Breen's Water.

Being a citizen of a city, my character has seen many things which he thought should be kept in better order, and saw much more anti-citizen activity than the Civil Protection could handle on their own. He reported all the crime he saw, and helped out as much as he could. Earning his Loyalist points only encouraged him to pursuing his set goals, as he did it for the good of the Union rather than a greed of the rewards. Soon after; he has decided to make the switch from the Civil Workers Union, to the Metro Police Force, and thus, my character applied. Ryan spent the next week doing the best he could to help the city, and getting to know the habits of each unit he came across, as he hoped that one day, he too, would work alongside them.
My character is very trustworthy, and very loyal to the causes that he believes in, which is the Universal Union. He believes in the greater good, and peace, thus displaying his purity. He is honest, as he does not lie, no matter what the cause may be, and is very respectful, even to those who do not show the same to him.
   Throughout the career in the Combine Civil Authority, my character will experience many changes; physically, mentally, and strategically, and the outcomes of all three will make my character what he is truly meant to become. My character will struggle for the first while, as he would have to learn all of the procedures, codes, and how to properly use his assigned equipment. After a while, my character will display knowledge in the areas where he once struggled, and will help those who struggle in the areas as well. My character’s perfectionist-like lifestyle will come in useful in this career, as keeping the city in order would require much effort, the rewards of which; would be pleasing. My character will understand the importance of the ranking structure, and approach each rank with the required formality, no matter what the occasion. He will follow orders, without question, if they are given by authorised personnel.

Personally, I think that being a part of the Combine Civil Authority is a great honour, and will display it through my character, by being very noble and trying to prove my character useful to the Universal Union. I, myself, know the importance of ranking structures, and know how to approach each rank with the required formality. I have been in many military-styled roleplay servers in the past, and have achieved high ranks through my performance; thus I know the respect that comes to, and for, each rank. I think being a part of the Combine Civil Authority would have its challenges, which I plan to overcome through Half Life 2 knowledge. I think my biggest struggle would be learning all the codes, but I think that if I put my mind to it; it wouldn't take me long to learn them.
   Ryan McDonald grew up in a suburban city located within a 50 kilometre distance of the city of Toronto, in Canada. He was born in the year of 1984, and was raised by his birth parents with a high amount of discipline. His parents were convinced that it was the only way to raise a successful child. The child grew, and attended elementary school, followed by high school, which is where he developed an interest, and excelled, in mechanics, as well as other technology and manufacturing classes. He completed highschool, and was on the Honour Roll.

Ryan pursued his interests, and went to college to study civil engineering and architecture, both of which he got a diploma for. He began his career by working as a civil engineer at many construction sites, and assisted in the creation of blueprints and plans for several projects, most of which included the construction of housing, and small business buildings. He progressed in his career through his years, and soon started his own construction business, which involved matters such as: building, interior designing, and renovation. The business went well, but eventually died down, due to a lack of customers; as his competitors won most of them over.The man shut down the business, and went back to being a contractor for major building companies, but was rarely hired.

In the year of 2015, long after the 2012 “end of the world” conspiracy, the planet faced a new challenge, one that it had couldn’t fight off: the Combine. The Seven Hour War showed humanity the superiority of the Universal Union, as the population was placed into the designated, remaining, major complexes on the planet. Ryan was inspired by the Combine, and hoped that one day, he too, could work alongside them. Being stationed in City 45; Ryan studied the ways of the Combine, and tried to learn of their ways, following his own passion for them. After his relocation to City 18, he began accumulating ‘Loyalist Points’, which were points given to the citizens worthy of them to display their loyalty to the Universal Union. He didn’t manage to gain many, as he was mainly focused on acquiring enough currency for a business permit.

After being relocated once more, to City 8, Ryan began to prosper. He began to ask the local Civil Protection units if he could be of any assistance, seeking jobs that would prove not only his loyalty, but be of use to the city as well. Ryan opened his own shop, naming it “McDonald’s”, and offered a large variety of Universal Union branded goods. He ran this shop for a couple of days; prospering, and decided to sell the space to another citizen who was planning to open his own shop.

Shortly after receiving his Loyalist Armband, Ryan sought out the chance to join the Civil Workers Union, and was accepted into the workforce. Being a part of such an elite citizen group, Ryan became more accepted within the Civil Protection, and was given more respect and attention than the other citizens. Being passionate towards the Universal Union and thriving to help the Combine cause, Ryan didn’t see being a part of the Civil Workers Union as enough, and so; decided to submit an application.

OOC Details

Pretty much the whole 1100 hours that I have on Garry’s Mod were spent on serious role-playing servers.
I answered the question above, but pretty much the whole 1100 hours that I have logged on Garry’s Mod.
Not really sure, but my guess is about 3-4 months of popping in once in a while, but have decided to become a dedicated player about 2 weeks or so ago.
Eastern (EST).
Canada.
6. How old are you?
Not sure about this; but probably on BnT’s World War 3 server, when I was a Staff Sergeant on the Globalists. We had an event where a First Lieutenant seemed very out of place, and lead a mission; and when we were returning back to base, he tried to order detainment of a Second Lieutenant and a Corporal, upon which we lead a mutiny against him, and got rid of him.
Yeah, I’m a good listener, and tend to get into the conversation, as most conversations tend to interest me, thus I keep up with everything being said.

IC Section

Full Name: Ryan McDonald
CID: 16569, Civil Workers Union – Tier 2
Height: 5’9”
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 170 pounds, or 77 kg
Mental Distinctions: I have a very sharp mind, and a good reaction time.
Mental Defects: None that I am aware of.
Mental Advantages: None that have shown in the past.
Notable Qualities: I am very honourable, quite a good listener, very passionate towards my goals and beliefs, and am a perfectionist. I stay honest no matter what the case may be, and am hard working. I have shown my loyalty to the Universal Union in the past, thus displaying my loyalty.

I have never been detained.
Yes, as a part of the Civil Workers Union, I enjoy twice the Citizen Supplements and Dr. Breen’s Water  than most citizen, and enjoy the given supplies very much. I feast on the issued rations about 4 times a day.
Yes. The success of the Universal Union is in my best regards, and I will pay any price necessary to assist the Union in achieving their goal.
All actions performed by me and those under my command are my responsibility, and mine alone.
I will strive for the success of the Universal Union, and will remain loyal for as long as I serve.
I want to join the Combine Civil Authority because I want to assist the Universal Union in achieving their goals. There should be more order in the cities, and the streets should be kept cleaner. I want to help achieve those two goals for the Civil Protection as well. I believe in the superiority of the Universal Union, and we cannot let it go to waste. We must enforce the dominance onto the civilians, and keep them in order, preventing any anti-citizen activity.

I, Ryan McDonald hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted. Ask a SA+ in-game for your whitelist. (7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:30:35 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: =(e)=™ Hazard Time

IC Character Name: Dmitri Matrienko

Dmitri is a socialist, through and through.  He was one of the few "happy" members of the Russian Communist party, and stayed a proud communist even after the fall of the Berlin Wall.  He saw Russia's transformation to capitalism as a betrayal of the country that he loved, and he wrote several books about it, all of which failed, leaving him destitute.
               With the coming of the Combine, however, Dmitri saw their rule as the rebirth of socialism.  He could not be happier; he was back in his element.  He considered himself a loyalist and never left home with his request device, which he never hesitated to use.  He also joined up with the CWU as an alternative to the CCA until the time when he is able to.
               Life, however, was not as perfect as it was back in the Soviet Union.  Crime is rampant, and anti-citizenry is on the rise.  Dmitri is beginning to realize that his request device can't arrest people, and being a CWU member was much better.  It was then that he decided that the CCA needed an extra hand, now more than ever.  It wasn't just his choice, it was his duty.

Determined, arrogant, short-tempered, respectful of authority

I think Dmitri would really enjoy being a Civil Protector.  He has lived under their ever-benevolent gaze for some time, and he has them to thank for everything in his life.  As a CP unit, he will show a determined attitude towards all crimes, little or small.  Some might even consider he moral strictness radical, others might even call him sadistic. Either way, he will see to it that justice is served and his thoughts redeemed.
                   As for me, I think that this will be a new experience for me.  I have never been a CP before, and I plan to see if I can make a difference in this server.  I have seen many CPs, and they all impress me as being wonderful RPers, and I would be honored to serve among them.  Through my experience of many Serious HL2RP servers, I've built up a clear definition of discipline, and intend to keep it in all events.  Although respecting my superiors may not be a big problem, learning the codes might.  That can always be worked out though.

Dmitri Matrienko was born in Pskov, Russia, on April 12, 1981.  Both his parents were members of the Communist Party, and this rubbed off on him.  He joined many youth organizations, and he gained the respects of many of the organizers, who took note of his zeal.  He soon moved up through the ranks, and gained more and more respect among his peers.  Then, the Berlin Wall fell, as did Dmitri's life.  With the disbandment of the Communist Party, Dmitri lost everything he had worked so hard for, especially his respect.  His parents took to homeschooling him, fearing capitalist indoctrination in the public schools.  Upon turning 18, he left his home in Pskov and enrolled at Moscow University.  There, he joined several underground ultra nationalist organizations, but later quit, realizing that they weren't going to change anything.  Dmitri went on to major in journalism and apply to several newspapers, all of which later fired him after he published pro-communist/anti-government articles.  Dmitri then tried his luck at writing novels.  This also failed, and eventually got him blacklisted from many well-paying jobs.  Broken and destitute, he turned to vodka to escape. 
                          Then, the apocalypse came.  Dmitri was waiting at the Rizhskaya metro station when the sound of explosions came down from the subway entrance, followed by throngs of panicking citizens.  He ran into a near by bathroom and locked the door behind him.  He stayed there for some time, until the constant sounds of gunfire and the quake of explosions subsided. He emerged from the metro to see a razed and war-torn ruin.  For days he wandered the ruins, scavenging food and supplies.  He eventually found a group of other survivors, who accepted him into their colony.  He struggled with them for several months until a low drone could be heard above the din of electric generators.  From over the tops of burnt out houses came a combine dropship, which then landed in front of the bewildered survivors.  From out of the drop ship came humanoid beings, clad in kevlar, armored face-masks, and wielding machine guns.  The survivors, including Dmitri, were taken to a processing center, where they were assigned numbers and cities.  Dmtri was sent to City 18.  Even before stepping off the train, he was already amazed at the architecture of the city.  He was genuinely impressed by the towering walls and advanced technology of the Combine.  Upon arriving, he immediately felt at ease, like he was home again.  Then, Dmitri got his first ration.  He was at home!  Socialism had won, and he was still alive to see it happen!

OOC Details

Since I first got Garry's Mod, which was about two years ago

I played on my first serious server about one year ago.  It was love at first play!

I started playing and registered about two months ago

Pacific

USA

6. How old are you?

My most memorable experience was on the Slidefuse RP server.  A JW was in effect and an apartment search was in progress.  All tenants, including me, were put on the wall, tied up, and searched.  There must have been a lot of minges on, because I was one of three people out of about ten that were not amputated due to malcompliance.

I am always alert of what is being said in the chat box.  Whenever someone speaks to me, I respond.  Nothing annoys me more than when I am ignored or not heard.  As such, I do my best to listen to others, as an observation of the golden rule.

IC Section

Full Name: Dmitri Matrienko
CID: 89330
Height: 5' 10"
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Weight: 120 lbs
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: None

I have never been detained

Yes

I am willing to give my blood, sweat, tears, and life for the Universal Union

I accept the responsibility invested in me

The Universal Union is my only family.  I shall not disappoint them without first giving my life.

The CCA have fed us, clothed us, and sheltered us since the resolution of the Seven Hour War.  All citizens have them to thank for their salvation from a life of savagery.  The resistance promise only death and destitution, and I wish to help our benefactors in making sure that we are not dragged down into the black pit we have only recently dragged ourselves out from.

I, Dmtri Matrienko, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:33:59 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline SirIsaac??¢?©

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Mr. Shotgunton

IC Character Name: Chris Marshall

Mr Character, Chris Marshall, Is a Lonely Person, He has always seen people doing terrible, idiotic stuff, and thinks someone needs to do something about it. He has been wanting to become a Civil Protection unit for years, Ever since they took over, he wanted to join them, and help them. Chris is Strong and Fast, he knows he can be the best Unit. Everyone knows he can be a Fine Soilder, but some know he also can be the best, And if hes not, he will not be a Civil Protection Unit.

Once he was 20, He wanted to get a job as a Police, He was signing up for it, and was about to get the job, and he Did get the job. After the 7 Hour War, he wanted to be a Civil Protection unit, to make sure everyone follows the laws again. He was a Cop for 3 years, Everyone liked him, he was the best cop. Now, people think he should be a Civil Protection Unit to protect the city, make sure no one breaks the laws.

Chris have been fighting rebels for a long time, They have been robbing him over the years. When hes Civil Protection, he can finally get rid of these rebels. He can Run fast, Jump High, and hes really strong. He can aim great, and is very good with Melee weapons, and Guns. He is a Trained professional and he can help all the units, to be better, and he can be the best Unit.

Strong, Fast, High Jumper, Trustworthy, CP Like, Sneaky.

Chris will love being a Civil Protector, He is a Strong Fast Soilder, and he obeys all laws. He gets rid of anyone who breaks the laws, Crimes are his Enemy, He destroys crimes, he makes sure there is no crimes to make the world a Terrible Place. He is a Great Guard, and he is great at fighting. He is the most elite unit there is ever going to be.

Chris is also very Stealthy, So he can easily Sneak in places, he knows that is something they will do. He can sneak in and unlock doors for the Other units all the time. He can always aim straight, he always hits all the time. Chris knows that it will be Great to Serve the Combine Civil Authority.

Chris was born in Britin, On June 1st, 1990. He was a great person, he helped everyone over the years, In 2005, He was thinking of getting a job, He thought about being a Police, to help people even more, and then he decided to become a Police, once he was 20. In 2010, He signed up to become a Police, he was the best person in training, He was hired. Chris stopped many Crimes, he was ranked the best Police ever. He ran for President in 2015, He won. He was elected President, His name in gold: Chris Marshall. He knew he could make Britin a Better place. In Then, 5 Years later, the 7 hour war came, Britin was last to be destroyed, He survived and a few other British People, but his Family all died. The Combines didn't kill them tho, the Rebels did, during the war the rebels kill everyone, After the war, he swore to get rid of all the rebels in the world cause they killed all of his family! He signed up to be a Civil Protection Unit in 2021, He wasn't accepted yet, or denied yet, he knows he can make a great Civil Protection Officer, and he will get revenge on the Rebels, he swore he would, and he knows, he will get revenge, on those evil rebels. Over the years of him still getting in the Civil Protection team, He was training all he could, Practicing his Aim, and such.

OOC Details

About a Year.

A Few Months.

A Month or 2

Pacific

USA

6. How old are you?

On Sammy Servers RP Server, Me and Some people had to get into this place and arrest these rebels, we where all cops, Best RP Moment, It was probably the best RP Moment i can Remember.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Chris Marshall
CID: 75817
Height: 5' 8"
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Kinda Black Kinda Brown.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 150 Pounds.
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: None.
Notable Qualities: None.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

I Will Always.

I Have said it before, The Rebels killed all my Family members, i have Sworen revenge on them, and this is how i'm going to get it. Also, I want to protect the City, and stop all Crimes from happening. Mostly the Crimes that led to people Dieing.

I, __Chris Marshall__ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied.(Many run-on sentences, capitalization errors. Word choice is bad. Take time to develop your writing, Mr. President of BRITAIN...) (If you haven't caught on by now... Britain has a Prime Minister, not a President. I sincerely hope you're not trolling.)(7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:38:22 PM by Burning Bullet »

npatasky

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:  
[POOP] Fluffy

IC Character Name:
 Nathaniel X. Patasky

After taking shit from the Resistance for a long time, organized riots, uncivil protests, smuggling, all of this pushed into his face, he decided to become a Loyalist, thus, bringing himself to find out that in his heart, he wishes to stop all the uncivilized actions that come to the face of your common citizen.

But how did it come to this? He was twenty-three when the 7-Hour-War came up to rise, after the 7-Hour-War, he got transferred to City 8, a city that replaced the old world Tokyo, he became a water smuggler, smuggling nothing but water and giving it to citizens for free, no Combine had ever noticed this, ever. It came to the Resistance leaders attention that he was useless, he kicked Nathaniel out of group, thus making him a bum. He finally found hope when an officer helped him through trouble, taking guide from the CCA and eventually becoming a loyalist.

This lead him to where he is now, at the Application form station, writing down his application for what appears to a job to work as an officer in the Combine Civil Authority, tired of being looked at as a tool, or as something that could be walked all over on like a piece of carpet on the front doorstep, he wants to become something bigger, and now this is his chance.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Lawful, Shrouded, Silent, Suspicious

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? It is expected to be a ground-breaking journey for him, the character I play is already shrouded with enough mystery from both sides that it would come to a complete surprise to the people that know him on the Citizen side, that he would be joined the Civil Protection.

Personally, I think that it would be a great adventure full of lawful duties and a hard job full of cold justice, nothing will be better than enforcing the law for all of the good people of City 8.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. He was only 24 years old when he became a Loyalist, after being the lap-dog for the Resistance, working in the smuggling business for things like water, he decided it was time to take a new direction in his journey, he became what he thought was the enemy, a Citizen of the Universal Union.
Nathaniel Xavier Patasky had enough of being the Resistance "slave", being treated like nothing, when he finally came to his senses and decided to join up with the Loyalist, soon finding himself to want to join the Combine Civil Authority.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 3 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 3 Years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? A few months.

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern Time, United States.

5. In what country do you live?   The United States of America

6. How old are you? 14 years old.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Being a water smuggler for the Resistance when City 18 was still being played in the Role-play server, lots of danger, but my character never got caught

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? If I am to be told what to do, I shall listen fully and cooperate with my superiors.

IC Section

Full Name: Nathaniel X. Patasky
CID: 25389
Height:  5"7
Hair Colour: Red/Orange
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 140
Mental Distinctions: Fast thinker, intelligent
Mental Defects: Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Mental Advantages:   Critical thinking, high reaction time, high sense of awareness
Notable Qualities: Good at being quiet and almost unnoticeable, able to mount over buildings without anybody hearing a peep.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? No ,sir.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes sir, every time they are issued.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? I am willing to give my life and body to the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?  I accept my responsibilities as a Combine Civil Protection member, and will take responsibilities for those under my command as my own.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? I will live and die for the Universal Union, and I shall remain loyal and faithful for as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority because I believe it is my right to clean the world from ignorance that spreads around us, and I have strong faith in the Universal Union and the Combine Civil Authorities methods of protecting the citizens. That is why I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority.

I, Nathaniel X. Patasky, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied.(Number 3 is too short.)(7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:39:27 PM by Burning Bullet »

SyCo

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: SyCo

IC Character Name: Jeremy Romero

One day when my character who was still young and the 7 hour war has ended and he couldn't fathom what had happened in that 7 hours his father was attacked by a random citizen, My father being a weak man and only a worker he had no experience with fighting what so ever. Before this i saw a few characters known as the CCA going around but he didn't know what they were until he saw them approach the area where his father was getting mugged. These two officers walked up and detained the citizen and brought him to an area I've only known as the place where people go to when they do bad things.

Later on in life around my Teenage years I saw many things that the CCA have done. I've seen them save lives and protect us with a harsh hand through most of my life and I've become powerfully interested in becoming one of them. I've noticed that they are very secretive about everything they do and they have many ranks within the CCA, I've also noticed they use a lot of codes.

From then on my character wanted to join the CCA to be able to do things with his own life. He never did anything with his life until he one day decided to rat out a contraband dealer to the CCA Officers. After that was all done he received his first two loyalist points, His feeling of accomplishment he needed more. He soon learned that he had to acquire more points to apply to combine so he set out to gather his next points. Soon after he had collected his points Jeremy loved the feeling of busting criminals inside City 8 and wanted to finally apply to the CCA to help protect the citizens and serve under the CCA rule.
Responsible, Organized, Intelligent, Persistent

I think my character joining the CCA with be a very great experience for him. It will harden him and make him take orders and understand what it is like to be in a position that isn't the lowest for him. He will also learn how to give orders as well. My character will also be able to finally use his sense of authority that he has always had as a child and was never got to use it because he was never a bigger person.

For me i think being in the CCA will be a great RP experience within the server being able to give commands and also take commands as a CCA officer. I also it will be a very better way for me to get into my character even more so then as a citizen because in most RP servers I've been on I play as the commanding role as officer or other law classes.

My Character was never a strong person. He was always at the bottom of the food chain in his family and in his social groups. Although he wasn't a strong person he always had a commanding attitude, he always tried to get above someone to get a higher power and have some kind of authority of others, his persistence was beyond many others. During his 19 year on the earth many years after the combine taken over the earth he became very interested in the CCA. He studied them from a far and always tried to hear the prosecutions of citizens. Then one day he told two Officers about a crime and he soon became a loyalist and then researched the CCA as much as he can so he can soon apply to become a CCA officer.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 5 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 1-2 weeks

4. What Time zone are you in?GMT - 7:00 Pacific

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Forming a gang in a semi-serious RP server and becoming the most powerful gang on the server

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, very.

IC Section

Full Name: Jeremy Romero
CID:95364
Height:6'4"
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Weight: 150lb.
Mental Distinctions: Quick Thinking Good Analyzer
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Aware of Surroundings, Able to Judge Situation Quick
Notable Qualities: Being a very assertive and persistent on things i need to do.

No.
Only when issued
Yes, if my body is needed it will be delivered
4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I accept that every action i perform is my responsibility.

I swear on it.
To clear the City of scum and law breakers.

I, Jeremy Romero hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
Denied.(3 and 4 are much too short.)(7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:40:31 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Rzooers?©

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 03:07:36 AM »
OOC Name: Julian Armijo

IC Character Name: Julian Armijo.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. The reason i want to join the civil protection is that i want to help the citizens of city 8 but i will do anything to sussed, i am obey all commands from all combines. sorry i don't have much to say

b]2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) i am trustworthy, strong, brave, and i have nothing to live for.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? i think it would be like being in the PD because i use to play the specialist and i think it would be like that but brutal and fun. but besides that i think it would be a experience that i could kind of learn from well not learn from but just able to understand role-play a lot more. but besides me but the thing about it is i am kind of unsure about the way you run things because when i was in the PD its more of command and if they dont comply we arrest them and if they pull a gun we dont shoot until they shoot so i hope there is better.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. i woke up in alley there were 4 civil protection officers where around me, they pulled me up and told me to get out of here. After i walked out of the alley. i hated this city and wanted to get out, i herd something over the city speakers it was a message about a train leading out of the city and going to city 8. lucky the rations came about a day ago and i haven't bought anything sense then so i had enough for the train, on my way to the town i fell asleep and had a odd dream about me being in the civil protection i was in a locker room and i opened a locker that had my last name on it had a civil protection mask in it a pistol in it and 2 magazines and a uniform i grabbed everything in the locker and went to the changing room and put on my uniform and face mask and put the pistol into the hostler on the right side of my hip and started walking out into the city getting called through the radio " 10-4 we have a citizen that has level two contraband. may need backup." before i could reply to the radio i woke up to the trains brakes. after i completely woke up i knew i had to become part of the civil protection.   

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Maybe about 6 months.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? about a month

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About a month.

4. What Time zone are you in? PST

5. In what country do you live? Californa

6. How old are you? 13

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? me being a cop in the specialist.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? yes

IC Section

Full Name: Julian Armijo
CID: #05344
Height: 6ft 3
Hair Colour: dark brown
Eye Colour: dark brown
Sexual Orientation: not very sexual nor emotional
Weight: 210
Mental Distinctions: stable
Mental Defects: none
Mental Advantages: strong thinker
Notable Qualities: good at remembering things

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? yes having a laptop and not knowing it was contraband

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes sir!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To become part of something important once in my life and to look after the citizens of city 8.

I, Julian Armijo hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied.(1, 3. and 4 are way too short. Your application is completely full of spelling and grammatical errors.)(7/25/11)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:43:59 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:32 AM »
Locked for application review.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:55 PM »
Second batch of applications are complete. Applications are now OPEN.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:37:35 PM by Burning Bullet »

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »
Section

OOC Name:[Aaron Enderle

IC Character Name:[Aaron Forest

1) Please write a minimum of one paragraph OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.[The rebels keep rdming, mingerunning, and everything else. They just  make me mad. I need to help bring them to a stop. The fellign just gets me sick."

I need to help stop them and serve mankind.
2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)[respects laws, obeys, trustworthy]

3) Please provide one paragraph about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?[I expect to be patroling most of the time. I also expect to be doing many jobs for higher ranks, and protecting citizen society. I expect to gve beatings, arrest, and detain. The last thing I expect is some respect from other Citizens.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 250 words.[my character was shiped from city 18 to city 8 he  was has been observing cps and taking notes on cps and how they act for he wants to be a cp. He has no idea how he got to city 18 he forgets everything that happened before he got to city 18 he was shipped to city 8 with a group of loyalists for city 18 wasnt the safest place and has made a home in city 8 . Since city 18 he has been  loyal to the cca and all cps. He listens to people well and is a good leader/ listens good to higher ups and would never disrespect a higher up or anybody of more importance than him. When he was being shiped by train to city 8 his Train got attacked by antlions and he had to pick up a gun and fight the antlions off along side combine, eventually  killing off all of the antlions. He managed to get a radio from a dead combine and he used the frequency to tell the combine what had happened and he survived in the outlands for two days until the combine came in and picked up all the people on the train that were still alive. And took him to city 8 were he became fond of the cca and the civil protection authorities.In city 18 He Found out that there was a rebellion forming and immediatly told a high ranking officer about it and ended the rebellion and was honored a loyalist armband.

OOC Details[Age, 15 sixteen september 6th,male,.. uhh i guess thats it

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?234 hours

2. How long have you played on serious servers?[About two - three months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?[About two months]

4. What Time zone are you in?[usa central time

5. In what country do you live?[USA

6. How old are you?[15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?[cataylst gaming hl2 rp]

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?[yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Aaron Forest
CID:[63201
Height:[6ft 1inches
Hair Colour[brown
Eye Colour:[blue
Sexual Orientation:[straight
Weight:[149 lbs
Mental Distinctions:[fast and intteligent
Mental Defects:[none
Mental Advantages:[fast thinker
Notable Qualities:[I keep my cool underpressure never panic.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?[I have been detained once because i was walking with a group and cps got me for being with a group of people.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?[yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?[YES

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?[YES

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?[yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?[ I want to join because i have seen officers in action and I would like to stop the rebel and anti citizens and help the community.

I, Aaron __Forest_______ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.[yes

Denied. Application does not meet requirements for ANY of the OOC questions. Everything is much too short and not a single sentence was developed well. Please take time to write out your applications and don't try to sneak in a previous application format. That doesn't fool anyone. Trust me, you will need three weeks to write this if you want to apply again. (7/26/11)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:21:20 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: The Krusader   

IC Character Name: Alexxander Cordell

Before the Combine occupation, the world has always been a dark place. Alexxander has always seen great injustices in the world, such as murder, vandalism, and theft. Many of the criminals escaped the grasp of authority, and ran free in the streets until an other opportunity to strike arrised. Something felt missing inside him, but he did not know what.
     When Alexxander first arrived at City 8, he witnessed a young woman being attacked by a shady man. Moments later he witnessed something that changed his view of the Civil Protection at the cities: a Civil Protection unit arrived on scene, and saved the young woman from the offender. The offender was detained for quite some time, and the woman went free with hardly any harm caused. Alexxander knew he needed the power to enforce the law with no mercy, but he didn't know how to get it.
     Alexxander was always a Loyalist from the begining. He always wandered around aimlessly in hopes that he would find something that would satisfy his need to maintain order. A few days passed and, after several contraband turn-ins and rebel reports, he recieved his Loyalist Armband. Yet, he still felt as though it wasn't good enough. He needed to become a Civil Protection unit to satisfy his obsession to uphold the law.

Honest
Cooperative
Loyal
Lawful
Dedicated

For Me: I think that the Combine Civil Authority will be a really good RP experience for me. Not that being a citizen isn't a great RP experience, but I suspect that the Combine Civil Authority will be better. To be honest, I've only been a Civil Protection on one other server, and that was a week before it shut down. But, I do feel there will be challenges, which are great.
    For My Character: In Alexxander's eyes, becoming a Combine Civil Authority will be the greatest and most important thing that has ever happened to him. He also feels that the emptiness he's carried throughout his life will finally be fufilled. He knows that he will finally be able to maintain the order more than he ever has before. He himself would be able to punish the unlawful and protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Alexxander was born in the United States on the day September 22, 1983, in Detroit. As a child he saw the gang fights, burglaries and murders. Alexxander never understood the injustices and perverted lusts of the world. He respected the police men in his city, as when they came all came to order, most of the times. His mother was raped and killed at the age age 7. The death shook his whole family, the repercussions of it shook harder onto Alexxander. Alexxander’s father was not a loving figure, never giving him love or support. His father was a stranger to him. With no parental figure to look up, he was plunged in confusion by the fumes of chaos of the city. 
     His teenage years were full of trauma from gang violence everywhere he went, from his neighborhood to his school. All the gangs were the same to him: idiotic, violent, and unlawful and all deserved one thing, justice. He was never able to stop them, as he was never so strong and they were always in their packs, but was always quick to set out and snitch. Perhaps he told too much, but he didn’t think so, at least not yet. Alexxander had once told of a burglary a gang member had commited, the man was sent to juvenile hall. The night after the verdict, his house was set on fire. He now had a second personal reason to hate the lawless.
     In his later years, Alexxander opened a pawn shop to make some money. He reported anyone that would try to sell or buy illegal objects and substances. After a few months his store became a target for many gangs. One night, Alexxander's store was struck by a drive by, and he was taken to the emergency room. When he asked what happened, he was told that his store was shot up and was closed down permanently. A few years later the Combine had invaded Earth, Alexxander was colonized and sent to an unknown place called City 8.
     Upon his arrival to City 8, Alexxander noticed how peaceful it was there. Alexxander lusted after the order that the Combine held. He would do anything within his power to see this order withheld.  His first days in City 8 consisted of searching for contraband and reporting anti-civil behavior. Doing so led to Alexxander receiving his Loyalist Armband. There was one issue in Alexxander's eyes: the Civil Protection were never around when he needed them most. After talking with Civil Protection for a while they gave him his request device. Alexxander always carried around that request device with him, carrying it sometimes as if it were a gun. He knew that no one would try to mess with him if he had it. Even with the Loyalist Armband and the Request Device, Alexxander was still unable to quench his thirst for maintaining order. He knew what he had to do to satisfy his inner obsession, he had to become one of them. He had to join the Combine Civil Authority.

OOC Details

About 3 years. I first played on DarkRP for about 2 years, but I didn't really like it because noone actually "RPed" so to say. After two years, I found HL2RP servers and fell in love with them.

I've been playing on serious roleplay servers for about a year now.

I have played on this server for a little over than a month.

I am in the Eastern Time Zone.

I live in the United States of America

6. How old are you?
I am of 16 years of age.

The greatest roleplay experience that has ever happened to me would have to be when I organized a rebellion on DarkRP. I started and organize a huge resistance group, and we ended up taking control of the Police Department. It was a base in the train tunnels, and I even classified the members into ranks. It was one of the best RP days of my gaming experience.

Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Alexxander Levi Cordell
CID: 22489
Height: 5''11'
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: Around 140-155
Mental Distinctions: Can think well under pressure.
Mental Defects: A slight case of depression
Mental Advantages: Quick thinker, Common sense
Notable Qualities: Extreme Loyalty, Pure

No, I have not.

Yes. They are given to me so I eat them.

I would put the Universal Union before my life, and do it with pride.

All actions and those under my commands' actions are mine and mine only.

Yes, I will.

I want to join the Combine Civil Authority so I can help those who cannot help themselves. And to express my Loyalty to the Universal Union in a way I could not before.

I, Alexxander Cordell hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (8/2/11)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:48:14 AM by Admin »

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: China Cat Sunflower

IC Character Name: Ari 'Stone' Black

Ari has wanted to be a police man ever since he was a child. He has always looked up to law enforcement officers with utmost respect. That is because both of his parents were police officers. So he has always wanted to be a officer but instead pursued a career in medicine to please his parents.
   Ari is very strict and likes things done not only correctly but efficiently as well. When Ari asks for help or gets help from citizens they don't respect him like he wants them too and it is hard for him to get things done to his standards if the citizens are not willing to work as hard as he does. When Ari sees crime and citizens disobeying officers it shocks him. He feels that the respect some citizens have for the units is horrendous and believes that if he was a CCA he would make them behave better. Ari believes that he is the best candidate for a new recruit and has been thinking about joining ever since he got into the CWU.
   Then when everyone got transferred from city 18 to city 8, the CWU changed... First the Operator just disappeared, Ari figured that soon there will be a new operator and everything would go back to normal. But slowly more and more of the CWU were either getting transferred, being killed or joining the CCA. Finally Ari decided that this would be the perfect time to finally fulfill his dreams of being a officer. With other CWU members eventually joining the CCA, Ari decided that he would be the next CWU member to leave and  join the CCA.

Smart,Brave,Trustworthy,Careful,Obedient,Honest,Dedicated,Persevering,Neat,Revengeful,

For me I am expecting being in the CCA to be a good fun way to role play on the server. As a CCA I want to role play to the best of my ability, I also want to serve the union and have fun. but I also want to help make the server better for others by reducing minges and trying to teach those in need how to role play. If that doesn't work I will at least handle them the best I can so they are not a distraction/mess with other role players. I have also been a part of the CCA on two other servers. (Slidefuse/Shitrp and TnB)   
   For my character it is a way for him to serve the union further than he has as a CWU. They have done a lot for him and he thinks he needs to start REALLY helping the benefactors. He wants to help keep the streets clean by treating wounded people and units and keeping the citizens isolated and under control. He hopes to join the CCA not for the benefits that will be given to him, but for truly helping the cause.

Ari Black was born in Austin, Texas in the year 1989 to his parents, Tom Black and Sammy Black. Both of his parents worked as police officers. They always were very strict and expected not only their requests done immediately but also done perfectly. Ari at a young age to respect all people of authority and to listen to all their instructions no matter what they are, regardless of how absurd they may seem to him. He has always looked up to his parents for being officers and has always wanted to follow their footsteps.
   Although he had always dreamed of being an officer, he was a very studious child because of his parents and they pushed him to pursue a degree in medicine. Finally in 2013 Ari finished medical school at the top of his class. He then decided to get a job as a general practitioner, instead of specializing. Finally out of school and with a job and tons of money in debt, Ari began to work to pay it off. Then in 2015 the Seven hour war started.
    During the seven hour war, Ari was at work the whole time attempting to help anybody he could, but the hospitals were crowded and there was little they could do. Once the combine arrived at the hospital after the war, they brought him to city 45. Although he was freaked out at first and could not find his parents. (As they were killed in the war but Ari does not know this.) Ari soon decided that they were just like new law enforcement officers. He knew they were a lot stricter, but he realized that they would let him help catch criminals. Ari was ecstatic and quickly received his loyalist armband. Happy about his new armband Ari found out that with that armband he could apply to join the Civil Workers Union. Ari quickly saw that if he could join it he would be allowed to practice medicine and decided that his skills would go to waste if he didn't join it. So he went to apply and soon got inducted into the CWU as a doctor.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Around three or four years I would say. It's been a long time.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? I would say about a two years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About 3-4 months I think.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central Standard Time (CST -5:00)

5. In what country do you live? USA, Texas

6. How old are you? 17, but 18 in August.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Saving my rebel team from the CCA on a different server. On this server. Getting into the CWU.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I am a great listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Ari 'Stone' Black (CWU T3)
CID: 31724
Height: 6'2''
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Grey eyes
Weight: 135
Mental Distinctions:  Thinks outside the box, and firmly believes that life revolves around working hard to get the satisfaction you get with a good job completed.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Uses his brain to get out of a tough spots.
Notable Qualities: He is a Doctor and works for the CWU.

No, I have not.

Yes, Along with a LOT of UU branded products.

Yes, I will do anything to serve the benefactors.

Yes, I will accept all actions I do and those under me as my own responsibility.

Yes, as long as I live I will serve and protect the benefactors.

I would love to serve the benefactors to the best of my ability. I have done a great job as a CWU and I feel that it has prepared me to join the CCA. I aspire to join NOVA so I can further help units both with tasks as a CCA and in the operating room.

I, Ari 'Stone' Black hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

(This is the third time I have applied and I am a good RP'er so I hope I get in... I will be a great addition to the CCA!  ;) )

Bullet's Note: Tired of seeing players with the same old backstory (related to or is a police officer, ex-military, and/or extremely strict and hardass) because they have generally bad character development (I hate to see hardass recruits and I don't generally tolerate it.). Also, you last applied....July 12, 2011, 04:02:11 PM....16 days is five days shorter than three weeks (21 days).

Well I made backstory for when he joined the CWU so I don't really want to change it I'd have to make my guy a completely different person and thats not good rp. But my character is a hardass as a CWU. But I guess I will change it since it is a big leap forward for him. Also I thought that since the second batch ended it meant I could reapply. But okay just wait then? :)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:50:15 AM by Admin »
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
OOC Section
OOC Name:Michael Norris
IC Character Name:Kevin Jacobs
     My character wishes to join the combine civil authority because of a very strong hate for anarchy and revolt. He wants to join to make sure that City 18 can remain as peaceful as possible for as long as possible. He believes that by joining the CCA, he can help achieve this end through hard work.
     What leads my character to have these feelings was a disaster that happened in his previous city, City 4. Before he had just been a loyalist trying to do his small part for the city and live a normal life. But then disaster struck when a resistance group formed and ruined the city he called home. This gave him a huge distaste for all resistance attempts and anything that could weaken the CCA's hold on the cities and bring about anarchy.
     Because of this, my character plans to join the CCA and try to help make sure that City 18 remains untouched from the ravages of the resistance groups. He has made this his life's goal and this application is the first step to achieving it.
     My character is lawful, intelligent, dedicated, and organized. Some of his worse traits are he tends to have trouble viewing issues through others shoes and is quick to judge others on small mistakes.
     So for me, in the beginning I expect to be in training and be listening to my superiors and letting them handle anything bigger than a contraband check or loitering. I also expect to be mainly watching the streets of the city while I’m new and not doing anything really out of the ordinary except for assisting my superiors in JWs or rations. I also expect an increased level of respect from the citizens of the city, and to and extent, my superiors, although I don't expect the royal treatment from them still. I plan on starting as more of a citizen in a suit, still sensitive to the citizens around me and their troubles, and only slowly becoming cold enough to hand out beatings, and after a longer time, amputations. I expect to be held to a higher expectation than I was as a citizen as well, with far more severe consequences for messing up either ooc or ic. Finally, I expect to be able to further enhance role-play for both myself and others as such an iconic Half Life 2 figure.
     IC he expects it to be an incredible responsibility. He believes he is up to the task but knows months if not years of hard training are going to be required of him before he is ready for any major tasks. He knows he will have to respect his superiors and accept orders from them unquestioningly or risk Permanent Off World Assignment or even amputation. He also knows he is going to have to get used to being in charge of the citizen class he once was a part of. Also, he expects some privaleges held for the CCA members above the citizens, but realize these come with the cost of being hated, feared, and excluded from the people he used to know well. He is nervous about the apparent lost of feelings in the CCA members he has seen. He recognizes all these challenges and accepts them for the sake of his goal to maintain order.
     Kevin was born on May 23, 1979. He had a typical childhood growing up on the east side of America, with the only real unique thing being that he was diagnosed with I gifted IQ early in childhood, and so was given some special treatment. He went to college for programming and was working for a video game company when the 7 hour war. After the 7 hour was over, he and his family were placed in city 4. He didn’t have a wife, but he remained as close as possible with his two brothers and parents while in City 4. He became a loyalist so he could try and make life for him and his family as good as possible. He achieved a workers permit and opened up a shop that sold CCA approved books and water. Life went on for him and his family as normal as possible until 2016.
     In the year 2016, a large group of citizens formed a group called the brotherhood. This group was dedicated to trying to relieve the city by prying the CCA’s hold off. At first the citizens not members of the group were undisturbed as nothing truly shaking was being done by the Brotherhood because they didn’t have the supplies. But then one day, a group of cps were ambushed and killed from the shadows, and all of their equipment was taken. Suddenly, the CCA took drastic action. In order to encourage compliance with the swift elimination of the Brotherhood, living conditions were drastically lowered for all citizens until it was destroyed. All citizen run shops were closed, the already few rations were further limited, and beatings and amputations were handed out for the slightest crimes. Kevin was doing his best to hold his family together. To make matters worse, one of his brothers joined the Brotherhood and Kevin had to try to keep his family going. Inevitably, the Brotherhood was destroyed, and all of the members were captured and killed. Unfortunately, they learned that Kevin’s brother had left and not been reported by the family. Kevin and his family were taken into custody. As punishment for their non-compliance, they were all beaten within an inch of their lives. Only Kevin and his brother Frank were healthy enough to survive the beatings, the stress on his parents’ bodies was too much, and they both died hours after.
     Kevin and Frank decided to transfer to another city. After being approved they started making arrangements to move to their new home, City 18. Then the final disaster struck. While going through the final procedure to leaving, a contraband book was found in Frank’s possession. It was a book that had belonged to their parents and when the officer tried to remove it from his possession, Frank lost it and lunged at the officer. Frank was killed on the spot. The distraught Kevin finally made it to City 18. He spent weeks in his own bubble, interacting only minimally with other people, and not pursuing any activity at all. Finally he decided that in remembrance of his family, he would make sure nothing like City 4 would ever happen again. He became a loyalist, doing his best to help the CCA find and stop any anti-civil actions. Finally, he decides to apply to join the CCA. His life’s goal now is to preserve peace in his new home at all costs. He will give anything to achieve this goal.

OOC Details
Around 5-6 months
A little over 4 months
I’d say almost 3 months
EST
America
6. How old are you?
16 (and a half if it matters)
     I would say my most memorable RP experience happened on serious fallout 3 role-play server.  The reason it was the most memorable was I was fresh off of Dark RP servers and non-serious RP servers, and it was my first good rp experience off of them. What happened was a woman assaulted a man in a tavern, and a man in power armor grabbed her and attempted to shove her into the cellar and keep her there. Suddenly, three men confronted him and told him he wasn’t the law and to let her go. A fight commenced and the patrons used tools from around the tavern to fight the man with power armor. Eventually after fighting for a while, the man in power armor yielded, deciding it wasn’t worth the fight, and after some cross words to the men, left. The entire seen from start to finish was beautifully executed using chat and /me’s. This was when I realized the kind of fun experience you can have if you use the play to lose system instead of just rolling or minge fighting out the story. That is why this is my most memorable experience so far.
Definitely

IC Section
Full Name: Kevin A. Jacobs
CID:10419
Height:6’1’’
Hair ColourDark Brown
Eye Colour:Blue
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual
Weight:128
Mental Distinctions:Diagnosed with gifted IQ at a young age
Mental Defects:None
Mental Advantages:Incredibly intelligent and almost photographic memory
Notable Qualities:Determined to do what is right
No
Whenever they are available
Yes
Yes
Always
To preserve the peace in City 18 to the best of my ability
I, Kevin Jacobs hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:52:28 AM by Admin »
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
OOC Name: (steam): Bender

IC Character Name: Sean Gedrin

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. He wants to do something with his life, He wants to increase safety of others from potential threats of anti-citizens and other assorted threats... OOCLY, I have always been a die-hard fan of half life, And the civil protection always seemed cool in a sort of way, Just the thought of being part of this faceless society where you are so insignificant, where you are a number in an ocean of others seems cool to me.Storywise, The bio pretty much sums it up. He is searching for meaning and a job, He has come to the conclusion that fighting them is the wrong way to live, and that contributing to society has more benefits. Also in my oppinion it can add a lot more roleplay fun to it, more options and more scenarios, Amputations, Taking orders, Going on missions, Searches, Beatings, As masochistic as it may or not sound, It sounds fun to me.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Sean, standing at 6'3" and 235lbs looks very intimidating, He is well spoken and cunning. Sean never sees it necessary to lie and always follows orders.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?Not too hard for Sean,The mental shift will be nothing, he had always been a loyalist. He has never been one to chase down people, then beat them but he is willing to do whatever it takes to help society. He has no issues following orders and is willing to do almost anything if he is instructed to. Aside from that Sean expects it to be relatively easy. He has always taken orders from superiors, teachers, CPs, Parents, it's noting new to him. However, the physical toll and activity might be a little much for him, He isn't the most active guy out there, but he is not weak, not at all. Fortunatley adaptation is a strongpoint of his psyche and body. All in all he will fit in quite well and fit the mold for the perfect CAA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Sean Gedrin was born in Glasgow, Scotland June 13, 1994. His parents moved to a small Russian border town in the Ukraine in 1998, when he was just 4 due to his father's job, He adapted well to the society and customs there. Sean lived a happy life, up until May 16, 2003 A few weeks before his ninth birthday, It was also the day the seven hour war occurred. Sean's family stayed in their house, suspecting an invasion from the west they hunkered down. When the flags were raised, and the citidel fell from the sky in the distance, they knew it was not a human invasion. Sean stayed up that night, Looking up at the pristine sky and wondering what was up there, Looking at the horizon and seeing that giant skyscraper, in the far distance, He wondered what it was, His mind could not process what was going on. Sean drifted off to sleep, The next morning his parents woke him up and got him ready for school, They flicked on the TV and noticed something amiss, It was the news channel, They never watch the news. They tried to change the channel but they were all the same, Just a mans face talking in a loop. They sat down to watch it, The man was saying that "Our benefactors" have come to "rescue us from ourselves" The man went on to say that they had placed him in charge of city 18, where the Russian city of Shahkty used to be His parents did not let him go to school that day, Instead they drove to the local police station to try to get some info, All of the regular deputies and sheriffs were gone, instead all of the men were wearing black and had their faces covered in gas masks. The father got out of the car and approached one of the men, The man held his hand out and said "halt" the father stopped in his tracks, "Purpose for visit" crackled the mans synthetic voice, The father demanded to know what happened, The man replied with "Occupation of earth, Combine orders" The father, looked surprised, at the same time angry, The man in black told Sean's father to leave, then pulled a piece of steel compound from out of his belt, It had orange conductive strips on the top, It was about 25 inches long. The man squeezed the handle, there was a quick "click noise" followed by an arc of electricity that coiled between the conductive strips, Sean's dad walked to the car and drove home. The next day the same masked people came knocking at the door, at 5am, They were taken in A large vehicle with 8 wheels to the local train station, Then they boarded the train bound to "City 18" On the train everyone was given A flier with information, directions, facilities, and such. Sean dozed off, before he knew it he was there. At the train station in City 18, they saw more men with masks, Embedded in the wall was a robot, handing all sorts of packaged goods. The men in black instructed the family to get in line, single file and one at a time. They did, sean went first. "NAME" Crackled the robot, "Sean Gedrin" said the boy, "AGE" said the robot, Sean looked back at his parents, who told him to answer it. Sean looked back and said "...Eight..." nervously, The robots various pointy arms turned inward, there was noises, smoke and blue light emitting from its various aperatures. It presented Sean with a small package, Airtight and very dense, with the words OPEN on it, The robot said "SEAN GEDRIN, AGE:8 CITIZEN IDENTIFICATION #30049" One of the men in black instructed Sean to move, Sean sat on a metal bench next to an Asian man, Sean, being the curious child he is looked at him and said "whats your name" the man glanced at him, saying nothing. His parents, with their own packages walked up to Sean and told him its time to go, they left, A guard outside of the door told them to check their packages, They contained a hard plastic card, with various numbers and symbols, along with a denim jumpsuit, the guard demanded to see the cards, He looked at each card carefully, entering some text onto a small device, The guard pointed to a medium sized building and said "Those apartments, Room 242" He wrote it down on a small piece of paper and handed it to the father, the family left. Sean lived happily with his family of three in apartment 242, It was not a bad way to live. The year is 2016, and Sean is 21 years of age, He is turning 22 on June 13, the next day. Every year on your birthday you are supposed to go to the robot at the train station, to get an updated card and a new jumpsuit, Sometimes people get relocated, but that is rare. He woke up, had a bowl of cereal, got in his jumpsuit, He knew if he did not go to the robot he would get in trouble with the law, He always did love his parents, He was unsure if he would be relocated but just in case he gave his mom and dad a hug and bid farewell. Now at the train station, he walked up to the robot,  "NAME" said the robot "Sean Gedrin" replied Sean. "AGE" the robot crackled "22" Sean replied. "SUBJECT: SEAN GEDRIN, AGE: 22 RELOCATION STATUS: POSITIVE" Sean never heard that last part, The machine printed a small piece of paper, Sean grabbed it. A Metro Cop told him to board the train, Sean did. He was inbound to city 8. The train stopped in what was south korea. When the train stopped, people poured out like water, A Civil Protection fired into the air with his pistol and yelled "DISPERSE!" The crowd silenced quickly, They were split up and instructed to take separate ships, Sean boarded Ship 342, a large rig inbound to japan, City 8. When he exited the ship he saw a citadel like back in city 18. A metrocop with a strange helmet design told him to get up against the wall, Sean did, The guard patted him down and asked for CID, Sean gave him his card, the cop said "clean" and told Sean he could go. Sean did not know what to do, he wandered the streets until he came across a Combine recruitment poster, Sean, being the borderline loyalist that he is, applied.

OOC Details

Since 2007
Late 2010
I have been on it in the past, got into it a few days ago
-8 GMT
United States of America
6. How old are you?
In Garrysmod, It was making a faction on an RP server some time ago, I was a veteran, and quite popular, It was rp_CSdesert, Post apocalypse themed, We got guns and attacked the town's militia, we drove them out then made a tready, we drew up an entire map in rope, We labeled terrain, buildings,factions and we split up the map into territories, We made laws for our territories, The tready lasted a few days, But the servers owner eventually gave up on the server and disbanded the steam group.
Excellent listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Sean Gedrin
CID: 30049
Height: 6'3"
Hair Colour Brown with red, dark.
Eye Colour: Green/grey
Weight:235 LBS, 107 kilograms
Mental Distinctions: Nothing noteworthy
Mental Defects: Minor Depression
Mental Advantages: Cunning, Clever, Intelligent, Well spoken
Notable Qualities: Diligent

Once for possesion of a Contraband Radio, I put up no fight and served my time. I was convicted four cycles.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Protect ant serve our benefactors, Protect the city from anti citizens, Make City 8 a better place to live, I will not let you down.

I, Sean Gedrin hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

One and three are a bit short, but that back story is pretty well done.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:54:20 AM by Admin »
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal