Author Topic: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>  (Read 19536 times)

Offline Knight Valek

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:58:29 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Matt

IC Character Name: Matt Smith

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

My character Matt Smith is so lonely, and hungry, desperate to do something worthy with his life before he dies, He's come up with many ideas, but none of them work, such as becoming a loyal citizen, trying to make friends, But people tell him to piss off, Because he smells. And so he had one last idea, Joining the Metro Police force.

He was so exited about the idea when it came up, all that was going in his mind was, Weapons, Body armour, exiting missions. And he was so forced into this idea from his brain, he went and put an application in, once he had done that, He had waited and waited days for the combine to tell him that he had been accepted.

He had thought of what he was going to do when he got accepted, First he thought of patrolling, and watching anyone to see what they would do wrong. Then he thought he might get promoted and training other recruits how to handle delicate situations. and how to use a weapon when needed most. He was so exited about the job, and he can't wait for it.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

My character is a very Trustworthy character, And he keeps his promises, Even if it took him 5 years, He would still be trying to complete it. As a citizen, He is sometimes rough with the people who are trying to be "rebellious" and act for it strait away. He reports any activity that he cannot handle, and will do anything to try stop them.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

Me and my character are expecting reasonable hours and reasonable food, with training and knowing how to deal with the most "toughest" citizen, I would expect to go on missions with the DvL and other MPF units around City 18.  To be able to patroll around the plaza and deal with the citizens who are being idiots, and teaching them what NOT to do.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

My characters name is Matt smith, And he has always been one lawful citizen, Once the Metro Police force invaded earth with The City Administrator, He has always looked up to the Metro Police force, not to be rude, or get in there way, He has always thought that he would never get into there group, because there is too many, but he went to the main building (The nexus) and seen if they had any Applications for signing up to this wonderful Police Force. They said there was a couple more applications in the district that they could handle, He was so overjoyed with excitement that he passed out for 1 hour. He woke up in what seemed to be a Medic Bay... And asked, What happened. They told him everything. But this time he was exited, But not exited enough to pass out again, He had filled in the Application for the Metro Police force, And the Unit told him you have to wait one week to see whether is has been accepted, Or rejected... He crossed his fingers, hoping it would get accepted,

And this is where it all begins.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? I have been playing roleplay servers for about 2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Yes, I have.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I have played Catalyst Gaming for about 2 weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? My time zone is GMT+10

5. In what country do you live? I Live in Australia, New south wales.

6. How old are you? I am 16 Years old

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? In slidefuse gaming, I went out on a mission to kill the rebels, And there was a big war, Turning the alarm on the nexus on and everything.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? I do consider myself as a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Matt Smith
CID: #72699
Height: 6.7
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Women
Weight: 70kg
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: None

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Everyday.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I promise.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

I want to join the CCA because i feel as though i need to take control of the citizens, and make sure there is no rebellious acts, I love helping out the CCA, and I never get in there way, I have never been in trouble, and I will do anything to try stop a citizen from doing a rebellious act in anyway I can.

I have looked at all the other CCA units and thinking, Wow, I wish I was in that group of theres, and here I am today, Appying for this wonderful job.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Matt Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied. Number 3 is too short. (7/11/11)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:58:56 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Kiruclanz

IC Character Name: John Rane

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

John Rane is sick and tired of all the shit going on in the city. So many crimes, thugs, and so on. Hes feeling that maybe either the CCA are not caring, or there are not enough Units. Either way, he wishes to join the CCA. Hes sick of everyone taking his Breen's Water before he even opens it! He doesn't even get to eat most of the time due to all the thieves. When ever he gets a ration from a Ration Distribution, he hides it in his jumpsuit until he gets back to his apartment so that it doesn't get stolen.

This is another reason why he wishes to join, to get a good meal. Not that they don't give out enough rations, but because of the thieves. No one is going to steal food from a CCA officer! And besides, they eat inside the Nexus anyways. So no worries. John Rane's stomach is always growling because of his hunger, most of the time he could even eat a horse, though hes never seen one for awhile.

It's not just thieves, they beat on him, too. He would fight back, but that's uncivil. John Rane has been trying his best to stay out of street corners and closer to CCA officers, so that he doesn't get attacked. If he does, the Officer will see it and hopefully stop it, but he wants to be that CCA officer that sees it. He wants to straighten this city out. John Rane may just start as a recruit, but he'll one day, be a 01 unit.

John Rane is respectful, and always follows orders. He's a nice guy, but can be strict if told or forced to.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

(I'm so sorry this one is so short, I did my best to detail it.)

John Rane will just be your average unit, he'll follow orders, clamp, go through training, etc. He'll do pretty much what every other unit would do. He would get the Citizens to act civil, even if he has to beat it into them. He will always follow orders from the higher units, especially from 01 units and higher.

John Rane will always follow the rules, just like he did as a Citizen. He'll be no different, except a bit more strict, and he'll be different if he is told to be. John Rane will mostly be promoted after a while. He'll be trained to perfection. John Rane may be a CCA unit on the outside, but a small part of him on the inside is still a Citizen.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

I was told I was a very happy child when I was born. A very happy child born in America. I played with lots of kids, I was nice and all. My parents loved me, my family loved me, I had a pretty good life. I always said as a kid "I wanna be a police man when I grow up!" All the time I said it when I was a small child.

We all remember our teen years, don't we? I do, atleast. I got a job at a gas station when I was 15 years old. Gas station was a piece of shit. There was mold coming from the walls, bugs everywhere, etc. The pay was fair, though. It was only a part time job so I could afford stuff I wanted. I only got ten bucks an hour. I only worked four hours a day, Tuesday to Thursday. I never really though about being a police man, anymore.

When I was 17 my parents were going through a hard time with money. I did my best to help, I had already got a better job at a restaurant two years ago. I know I wouldn't be able to go to college, we were doing fine a few years ago, but not at this time.

When I was 19, I was sure I would never get into college. We were getting by with the money, but not enough to pay for a big house and my college. We lived in a little house, but my mother cleaned it a lot so visitors don't think we are really poor.

When I turned 28 they came. It all started with a portal storm... but grew to be something, far worse. I was hiding under a table in someone else's house who I did not know, the person either escaped or was dead because I did not see them anywhere around the house. My house was destroyed by one of those tripod, spider like things. Shooting at everyone, while being followed by space crafts. Almost everyone was dead, and I was sure I would be, too. They kicked open the door, and knocked me out.

A short while after that, I woke up in a bed, wearing a blue jumpsuit. I had a tag on my back, someone told me it said "City 28." No one knew what was going on. Everyone were also wearing blue jumpsuits. A couple what seemed like men in what looked like hazmat suits carrying guns pushed us outside. Weird floating robots taking pictures of people were all around. People in different hazmat suits carrying police batons that stun you when hit. Everyone was afraid.

After a few weeks I got used to it and knew what was happening. These weird aliens called "The Combine" had taken over... the bad part is they only did it in seven hours so I did what they said. I didn't know anyone, and no one knew anyone. All I knew, was my name was John, John Rane. and I'm a Citizen of City 28.

I got used to the life, until I got transferred to a different city for no apparent reason. It was called City 37, it was messed up there. People beating other people, then the other people in hazmat suits beating those people with the Stunbatons. They call them selves "Civil Protection." It's not what you think. They protect you, but only from Anti-Civil behavior. By that I mean if you don't stand up straight, don't talk respectfully, and don't follow their rules... well, you get beaten to a pulp, and then they chop off your arms and legs, remove your eye balls, replace them with lazers, and take out your brain. When that happens you're called a Stalker, oddly enough.

I also heard all the children of the world became slaves in a place called the "Citadel." The main building of the world in a city called "City 17." Not far from my City. Oh, and it gets worse. They took away our right to mate, and took away the ability for women to give birth. There's a big shield around the earth called the "Depression Field" that takes away the women's ability to give birth. This place got worse and worse as I found out these things.

A couple years later I was starting to get used to City 37, but obviously I'm not allowed to do that cause I was transfered to a place called City18. Not that good of a city. I'm always getting my shit stolen, mostly food, of course. I'm thinking of joining Civil Protection to stop all this shit going on in the city. I want some good food too, no ones gonna steal food from a Civil Protection Officer.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 4 1/2 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Almost 4 Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Almost 3 months

4. What Time zone are you in? EST

5. In what country do you live? America

6. How old are you? Turned 15 yesterday

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I'm playing on a lot of RP servers right now, they're all great, I would say one of the Communities I'm on now, Seperated From Reality. It's a New Vegas roleplay. I'm the Leader of a big faction.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, unless there is something BIG going on in the background.

IC Section

Full Name: John Markus Rane
CID: 24748
Height: 6'4
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 112 Ibs
Mental Distinctions: Always pays attention. Always follows orders.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Not much, but some-what above average.
Notable Qualities: Very respectful to higher superiors.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have never been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Most of the time, if it's not stolen from me.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Of course.

I feel that there haven't been that many Civil Authority Units around when me or other Citizens need them. Also, there are many acts I have seen of Citizens acting uncivil. I want to change that.

I, John Markus Rane    hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check! [7/13/2011]

Eh... My character is a Loyalist. What are you talking about?

It means we still have to verify you are really a loyalist by checking your datafile ingame. ~Nicknero1405.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:33:18 AM by Nicknero1405 »

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline Reverend Rape

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
Blanked -  will retry when 3 weeks pass :3
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:59:19 PM by Reverend Rape »
Your sins are forgiven, my child...

Lol, no, you're a horrible person, go kill yourself.

Offline The Different Turret

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:GasMaskMan

IC Character Name:Viktor Dashkov

Viktor thanks the Universal Union for what they brought to Earth. Viktor took a life at age 12 and his parents were killed when he was 15 . Later, Living in City 9, before transferring to city 18, Viktor, had a rough life. He was mugged many times because of the city's lack of Civil Protection. City 9 was an over populated city. People lived in slums and it was fight for survival. The Universal Union had to hold up in certain safe points, it was that bad.
   The Combine Civil Authority had convinced the Civil Administrator of the city to transfer some of the population to other cities. Viktor had landed on a train to city 18 one night during a storm. He would be forced to leave the love of his life in city 9, with no one person to help her. On the train ride to city 18 all he could think of was his love and how she had a beautiful smile or how she would laugh a certain way. He knew though, that now he had lost her and would probably never see her again. He thought that there was no safe place anywhere.
   That was, until he heard about city 18 where citizens lived not in fear but in peace because of the local Civil Protection teams. They enforced laws and kept civilians in line. Instantly, Vik, thought “What can I do to become a Civil Protection Unit?”. Vik knew he had to become a Civil Protection Officer to help those who need protecting and those who need judgment. He wants to be able to provide justice in honor of the ones who didn't have a chance. Viktor wants a chance to help the Universal Union complete their mission. In a way the Combine Civil Authority will give him a place where he won't  be judged for being ruthless.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy):
Loyal
Trustworthy
Dedicated

OOC:
   I haven't played as a guard in any serious role play so I'm expecting new challenges. Although, I'd like to say, my brain is hardwired for guarding in any role play. I believe becoming a Civil Protection Unit will teach me better role-playing and still be enjoyable. I'm hoping I will become more part of the community and help out more.
IC:
   Vik thinks being a Civil Protection Unit will be a big step up. He also thinks he will redeem himself for failing his family, including his lover. He hopes it will earn him the respect of the Universal Union. He expects the training to be rough, even though he grew up alone at the age 15. Viktor doesn't think the Combine Civil Authority will be easy to advance the ranks. He believes he will fit in because he has killed before, a past of violence.

Viktor Dashkov was brought into this world February 15th 1990. His birthplace is Chernobyl, Russia. He was raised on the outskirts of Chernobyl because of the Chernobyl Disaster which had recently happened in 1986. Growing up as an only child wasn't hard for Vik because food was scarce there. That meant not having to share except for with his mom and dad. He learned to fight at the age of five. He saw things that most people wouldn't have nightmares about, people mutated by the radiation.
   His childhood was destroyed by survival and disaster so he grew up ready for what lied ahead. At the age of twelve he woke up one night at the noise of a loud thud a man was standing there covered in blood with a makeshift weapon. Vik was startled but remained quiet. The man moved towards him but Viktor swiftly reacted with the grab of a glass shard. It took one small swing for that man to fall down bloodied from a cut to the neck. Young Vik had taken a life at the age of twelve. After that day Vik was never the same.
   The rest of his days went pretty much the same. Scavenge, eat, and live. Growing up the way he did he was very close to his mother and father, they had to stick together. On certain days Vik's parents would send him on missions that involved smaller spaces or retrievals. He would collect cans and bottles, sometimes even tires. However, at age fifteen, Viktor's life changed again, his parents died. The way they died is unrecorded. Vik and his parents made it through so much and he had suffered so much but to just see his own blood up and die right in front of him was too much.
   Viktor just had to get out of there. He traveled across the lands and made it to city 9 where he thought he'd be safe. He was wrong. Young and ambitious he traveled the streets in hope of finding friends. All he found were muggers and dirt. That is, until, he met the love of his life. Her name was Emily. How they met: Viktor was walking through the 42nd apartments on floor B. He was in a hurry and bumped into a woman. They looked up at each other and a spark flew. She saw his brown eyes full of stories and he saw her gray eyes full of wisdom and they were just meant to be. He forgot about what he was doing and they just talked and he fell in love. Then, he was forced to transfer to a place called city eighteen. After ten days they called him to the train. He boarded with a sigh as he said his good-bye to his love. While on the train memories flushed his mind, all that he'd been through. How his parents loved him so much and how proud they were when he brought his first meal home. He remembered how he had killed a man, but then he remembered his parents death. He started to tear up. He took a picture of Emily and himself and thought “good-bye my love”.
   After awhile Vik fell asleep. The train was practically empty but him and two others. About a day passed while on the train and screech the train stopped. He was finally at city eighteen, the safest city out there. As he walked off he thought of Emily again and kept on thinking, “I must leave all behind if I'm to become a Civil Protection Unit”. After he got his bearing he performed small tasks for the Universal Union such as cleaning the streets, reporting disturbances, and cleaning the Union Civil Housing. After his tasks and loyalist points accumulated he became an official loyalist. An OfC tossed him his armband and said, “Don't make me regret giving you this.”. Becoming a loyalist was just his first step to becoming part of the Civil Protection Task-force unit.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?About 6 months to a year, I played on a WoW private server that was strict role play. DarkRP for awhile but HL2RP about a week. (I'd like to note I learn really fast and follow rules well)

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About 4-6 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About a week

4. What Time zone are you in? EST (US, Canada)

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Playing on Echeloned wow private server, kingdom of therodean Role Play. I was a guard there, a lot happened. Until it was shut down by Blizzard

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Viktor Dashkov
CID:78930
Height:6'2”
Hair Colour:Brown
Eye Colour:Brown
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:180 lbs
Mental Distinctions:None that are known.
Mental Defects:None that are known.
Mental Advantages:Intelligent, follows orders.
Notable Qualities:Listens and corrects his wrongs.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? I eat them because I am told and like them because I am told.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? It'd be an honor to die for the Universal Union

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? So I can protect civilized society and keep uncivilized society suppressed. Also to serve my command, the Universal Union.

I, Viktor Dashkov hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

--Just a note that this was written before the map change and I don't know if I need to change it because of that.

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check! [7/13/2011]
ACCEPTED. Interview passed. Welcome to the CCA 229.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:41:31 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »
Signature by Thunderbluff

LaggingToaster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »
((Ask SkeptiK about the loyalist thing.))

OOC Section

OOC Name: Lagging Toaster

IC Character Name: Alex Memphis

My character has given up hope, he has accepted the Universal Union as the leaders; He does not necessarily like them, but he has accepted them. He knows that to survive he has to be the dog of his masters, and do as they want him to do; Serve them.

He realised after watching the power that every unit had, all the fear and terror that they struck in people only could mean one thing: He had to become one, so that he could have the same power, he knew survival of the fittest and he wanted to survive. Therefore he had to give up any struggle and help. He thought that by co-operating with this he could help.

All the rations with food and water that he had been eating and drinking also did not help, constantly listening to propaganda and forgetting. He had to be one with this hive minded ultimate power, as he read; ‘The Zen Of The Union’ he made his choice. I must be strong, I must survive, I must serve my masters.

My character has given up hope, and found meaning in survival, comforts and mindless serving. He is not happy for the Universal Union, but he has been broken and is therefore what you could call; The average serving drone. He is not especially physical fit because of the malnourishment and small amount of weekly rations.
He tends to be sadistic with the power that he has, when he reports someone with his request device it automatically makes him feel good and superior, so he is somewhat sadistic.
He doesn’t have much moral influence, but he finds comfort in peace and order. He hates when people die in the streets, and people die in-front of everyone. He does not care what happens behind the scene though.

I expect it to be a challenge, but I also except it to be entertaining. I have been role-playing as a MPF unit before, and I loved it. It creates exciting and dynamic role-play if all parts OOCly works together which is what I love in role-play; Working together to create dynamic and exciting role-play.

I think it is gonna be challenging due to the amount of new players that needs to be taught, and all the people who aren’t able to comprehend the real function of the rebels. They think that it is about getting a gun and shooting. That is only a smart part of it; The real part is helping citizens escape, giving them knowledge about themself though books and feeding them decent food.

I hope and think that I will be able to handle minges and new players without just shooting them and insulting them but by teaching them. I hope that I will get to work together with the rest of the units and that we will work together good.

He were your average chump, working in a local alcohol store, he lived in a small appartment with a way too high rent, so he was always short on money. He never experienced any type of luxury, even his childhood was shitty as he got bullied in his school, although that he was always a somewhat religious man all his believe in morality was annihilated when the combine attacked earth; An wave of man-hacks was released right next to his apartment, he ran as fast as he could down in the apartments basement, and as he heard the vivid noises of man-hacks, he locked the door and neglected any ones needs for entering this basement. He heard screams, sounds of murder and explosions, he saw blood flowing through the street and bodies laying around, suddenly in all his fright he fell unconscious.

As he woke up, everything was quite, he could hear sobbing and people walking around. He got out of the basement, wishing that it was just a nightmare. But what met him was absolutely unimaginable horrors, people were being guided into vehicles, sobbing and screaming. If anyone broke out of line they were dragged away as they screamed and clawed at the ground.

Fast forward two years; After living like a worker drone and doing nothing, but just... Breathing, eating and watching he was relocated to City 18. Here he kept living the same life, although accepting but hating his benefactors he were dreaming about one day, dragging on the uniform of a MPF unit, wielding his stun-stick and striking the fear into people which had been struck into him. He started reporting any anti-citizens that he saw, he even wrote a letter to the city administrator about how uncivil many of the current MPF units was, as they shot anything that penetrated there checkpoints without any hesitancy, he read the Zen Of The Union which made him somewhat appreciate the Union. He wanted to make a difference, he wanted to become the dog of his masters, he wanted to feel powerful and find comfort. As he realized this, he wrote his application.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Two years actually.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Two years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I have only been playing Catalyst Gaming for some days now, but I believe that I am ready to have a MPF unit and I really wish that you guys can trust me.

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT +2

5. In what country do you live? Denmark (I’m not the stereotype danish kid though)

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
When I tried roleplaying as a MPF for my first time, it was wonderful and spectacular. I remember how I would take the anti-citizens, interrogate them through brutal means and bully anyone who would show resistance. I remember how it felt to live yourself into the role of a MPF unit, taking orders from your leaders and being somewhat afraid of them, while still appreciating them.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Indeed I do, if I’m told that I do something wrong. I usually try to make it better, I am not ignorant nor am I oblivious.

IC Section

Full Name: Alex Memphis
CID:
Height: 5’7
Hair Colour Dark brown
Eye Colour: Blue... I think...
Sexual Orientation: I forgot.. How it’s like.. I am unsure about that question.
Weight: Last time I checked it was 154 Ibs
Mental Distinctions: I do not believe in morality, I believe that by embracing our benefactors we can make the world perfect.
Mental Defects: I tend to forget things from my childhood and when I was young.
Mental Advantages: I have no problem with blood.
Notable Qualities: I’m not the one to brag.. But I can throw a good punch. I am also trying my best to be so loyal as possible.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have never, ever gotten an infringement.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
I eat them all I can, I don’t wanna starve.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I am not childish like others. I have responsibility myself and those under me, and so do everyone.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I am already loyal, so yes.
To maintain peace and order and let human kind evolve with the help of our benefactors. I want to join so I can do my part of helping everyone and everything, even if it means hurting anti-citizens.

I, Alex Memphis hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check. Nicknero, gtfo.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:38:43 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
I am a loyalist, i was inducted into it 2 weeks ago by a Civil Protection after helping him guard the void entrance for about 50 minutes and also helping him scout out contraband in an apartment.

OOC Name: Chamberlain

IC Character Name: John Willis

John Willis was born into a military family in Europe, His father was a sergeant stationed at Fort Tomilson located near Berlin. His Mother was a doctor working there at the base. Later in the years his father was taking a stroll with his mother, A armed man came out and held a gun at them looking for cash. The father refused and was shot on site. His mom tried to escape and was shot in the process. After that he was scared for life. Later years he trained hard to become successful. He trained in combat, weapons and tolerance situations and was ready for anything. He was fast and agile.
   John Willis wishes to join the CP because he is looking for a better chance at life and to bring a difference to the streets. He wants the citizens to feel secure, He wants to bring Civil Discipline to the breakers of law. In the family past he has heard stories of his relatives being in the police force and bringing change to the streets with there outstanding arrest record. I wont only have an outstanding arrest record i will have an outstanding reputation with my superiors and my co-workers. I understand this position is hard to achieve but i am willing to keep applying to i do get picked to fulfill a duty of a lifetime.
   Whilst living in city 18, John noticed a significant amount of his friends joined the CP, every time he gets a chance to talk with one they are called away on the radio to an emergency. He usually never gets to see them or talk to them about there job. I myself would like to join to improve civil relations with the community, I would like to see the civilians asking more questions about the life around city 18. If you want to get the big fishes become friends with the little ones, they tend to know a lot. Well all and all he wants to join CP to make a difference for today and create a better future for all

-Honest
-Loyal
-Respectful of authority
-Obeys orders
-Committed to whatever he does
-Courageous
-Honorable
-Ambitious

John expects the CCA would be a redemption to all of his past wrongs and a way to serve others, knowing full well the prices he must pay in the form of beatings, harassment, etc. to keep order and help mankind.  He wants to keep tradition, up until he dies and is the final generation of his famliy. Who lives in City 17 and is not making enough of a living to even eat without rations.

I, myself, would like to see what it looks like from the other side.  Having played through Half Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2, I wondered what it was like to view the Resistance as a main antagonist, instead of the other way around.  I also like the look of the Combine, especially Synths.  Sad that I cannot be one, though.

John Willis was born in Germany about 35 years ago.  He was born to Manfred Steiner, his father, and Katja Hoppe, his mother.  He lived in Berlin for about 3 year until his parents died and he had to move back to the states.  His mother worked at a Base Hospital which soon after John's brother, Andreas Steiner, was born, she bought for herself.  John's sister, Gizala Steiner, is an odd one, no matter how her parents raised her, she was defiant.  John and Gizala grew very distant as John became lawful and Gizala became chaotic and crazy.

Before the 7-Hour War, John trained to become as great a officer as he could while in and out of school.  He generally ignored many distractions during training such as television, sports, hunger, and even his girlfriend.  By the time the portal storms started hitting Hamburg, John  was ready and able to help defend against attacks. Just before the war his sister died of lung cancer.  This was one of many personal reasons that John decided to quit the police force and help his grandmother at her general store.  When the war finally hit, John was very respectful of his new superiors.  He tried to get as much on their good side as possible so as not to be hunted down and killed.

After the war, John was still a bit distressed over many personal issues, including his father.  This conflicted with his desire to fulfill tradition and join the armed forces.  Eventually, his friends encouraging him, John found his willingness to proceed with this, realizing that dwelling on his past does not help people around him.  John finally gathered enough courage to pay the price of order and security by attempting to join Civil Protection Team. Once In He plans to Secure and Protect.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

About 4 years total

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

About a year and half

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

About a week, very interesting server, and hope to be on for a couple years... Well until it dies.

4. What Time zone are you in?

Eastern time

5. In what country do you live?

United States of America

6. How old are you?

17 Years of Age

Playing DarkRP and getting told by a gun dealer that i do not sell guns, there are many other funny and memorable moments but too many to list

I am a Excellent listener

IC Section

Full Name: John Frank Willis
CID: # 60201
Height:
5'9
Hair Colour: Brown
Weight: 160 lbs
Mental Distinctions: I am extremely honorable
Mental Defects: I will pay any price to achieve his goal
Mental Advantages: I can fix most of my personal problems and regain my mental state.
Notable Qualities: I am honorable, courageous, honest, and respectful of the people who deserve it.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I have not.

Yes, They taste excellent and they are healthy

Whatever it takes to bring honor to my Administrator

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

I will expect no less.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

To say no would be disloyalty, an insult to me.  Therefore, yes.

To bring peace and honor to the streets and eliminate all threats!

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black

I, John Willis, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

PS. I dont know if this helps any but i have been a CP on 2 other HL2RP servers.

Thank You for your time.

Denied. Backstory lacks character development during the 7 hour war, originality, and does not include the factor of rations making citizens forget. Numerous capitalization errors.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:35:30 PM by oG ]KidRauhl »
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Shoebacca

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Shoebacca

IC Character Name: Jayson Jackson

Jayson was a part of Children Service's and worked most of the time with children, but also with a lot of parents too. Daily, he would see children that were abused, hurt, raped, and so on by their parents, strangers, or bullies from the school. Sometimes it was the parents getting the hurt from the child, but nevertheless he had to put up with it. He almost felt like he should be doing more. He would then soon find out... After the Seven Hour War

After the Seven Hour War, Jayson was transported to a camp, where all families were being separated before his eyes, but alas, there was nothing he could do. But, as this was happening, a large group of rebels came, are started opening fire at everyone. It didn't matter if they were man, woman, child or combine, they sprayed all those bullets with no sign of mercy. He ducked for cover, as combines were determined to kill the rebels, they destroy his cover he had found, and as he got up, he was shot twice in the arm.

Many hours later, he had found himself in a hospital bed, and his shoulder bandaged up. He looked up and saw an armband on the Combine, and saw it read: "City 18" on it. He knew he was in the aid of the combine, and ever since that raid by those rebellious scumbags, he would sign up to become part of the CCA. He promised he will take care of all Rebels and Resistance with-in the cities, and keep all things civilized.

-Loyal
-Honest
-Menacing

From what Jayson knows about, CCA are one hell of a tough, well-kept Combines. He knows that they will stop at nothing, so that all citizens are kept at peace. Jayson knows that he will need to be dedicated and loyal to the CCA, so he needs to keep his head up, and learn to be one with the combines.

When Jayson was at the camp, he always heard light talk about how the Combines are bad people, and their torturous beings not from this planet. Jayson had thought this was true, until the Rebels attacked the camp. The second that happened, he knew that they were protecting us from them, not about to throw us into a pit of fire. He even saw some of them telling the people to find cover.

Jayson was born on July 12, 1990. His mother, once had given birth to him, died from what the doctors called a "Maternal death". Jayson's  father could not take this lightly and began thrashing about the room, screaming "Why God!" . He was an atheist. The doctor pulled Jayson out of the room, and since Jayson's father was in such a mental state where he could only repeat those 2 words, he was put in a mental institute for 8 months. Even the doctors said that this was no mental breakdown. During that time, the doctor gave the liberty of naming him "Jayson".

Ever since that, they put Jayson in an orphanage until his father came out, but for some reason, his father never came to pick him up. So he spent 13 years in an orphanage. Everyone of the kids there would fight constantly, so one day, Jayson thought he would see what made these children fight. After every fight, Jayson would ask every child why they would fight, what they got out of it, and so on and so forth. Once Jayson interviewed all the kids, they finally came to a resolution to the point where there was not a fight at all for 2 months, until most of them were adopted and new children came and it just started all over again.

Shit happened, he was adopted, raised perfectly, and just before the Seven Hour War, he finally got an apprenticeship to the CSC (Child Service's Care) at the age of 21. Soon after this, the Seven Hour War began. He was awe'd to everything that was going on, he honestly didn't expect a force this big to hit earth, and to even just to take over Earth in seven hours.

After the Seven Hour War, he was transferred to a camp, where he was awaiting on what his fate was going to be. As he was waiting, the Rebels had made their move, so early on, and started shooting at the crowds of people. Jayson was shot in the shoulder twice, attempting to move to better cover, and was transferred to City 18. Luckily, the combines had found him to be in an alive state. He awoke with a bandaged shoulder. He knew that in order to get back at these rebels, he would need to sign up as a CCA, and hope that he would be chosen to become one of them. He knew that he would not let them down trying to keep the peace in the city, and taking down any rebellious scum.     

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Around a year.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1 month.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 1-2 months.

4. What Time zone are you in? EST (Eastern Standard Time)

5. In what country do you live? Canada

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?  In OCRP, the mayor put out "Operation: Oppression" which meant we were going to be relocated into the apartments, and no one was to be outside. So, we all decided to take a stand, and to revolutionize the place. I lead the stand and resisted when they were attempting to relocate us, and when they started to handcuff, and beat us, we got angry, and fired back, once all the Police forces were down, we raided the mayor, screaming VIVA LA POLICE! (Which apparently means LIVE THE POLICE! But who cares, it was our slogan) and we all has the time of our lives.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes. The second I hear my name, I'm listening.

IC Section

Full Name: Jayson Chao Jackson
CID: # 81237
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Black
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 107
Mental Distinctions:N/A
Mental Defects: Childhood Depression
Mental Advantages: Good at Reverse Physiology
Notable Qualities: Experienced with talking to people.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes. When every I can get my hands on some.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? If it means keeping Rebels and Resistance out and keeping the peace between the citizens in? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

I wish to join the CCA to keep the peace between these hardworking citizens and work hard to do so.

I, Jayson Chao Hoyle hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check. (7/13/11)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:47:20 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »
Nuoh my God

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Saren AKA Nik

IC Character Name: Nikolai Zakhar

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.      Nikolai wants to join the Combine Civil Authority because ever since they first invaded, not during the Seven Hour War during that he was scared but afterwards, ever since he saw what the Combine Civil Authority could do as a whole he wanted to join, he wanted to be a part of a great, unstopable force such as the Combine Civil Authority, a force that will stop at nothing to keep things in order and under control and in line. He wants to help with that mission priority and help keep order among everyone.
      Although he has wanted to join earlier he just now really felt it was the time to do so, so what did he do? He filled out an application hoping and dreaming of finally becoming one of the great Civil Protection units. Of course he knew it would be a dangerous task but he was always up for something dangerous. Nikolai wants to join not only to be a part of something great, but to be a part of of something some people actually fear and dispise, he wanted to keep Society protected while keeping the citizens in fear of what the CCA will do next.
   Not only did Nikolai want to be a part of the CCA for the reasons listed above but he also wanted to be in the CCA so that he could help keep things stable among everyone in the city, keep citizens following the prescribed law given to them by the CCA and keep each and every person doing as told, when told, and how they are told to the letter of what they were told. Nikolai feels that he has something to offer to the Combine Civil Authority and that if he gets accepted he can help keep City-18 a city without to many problems and not very much civil disobedience displayed by anti-citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Truthful
         TrustWorthy
         Dedicated
         Responsible

OOCLY: I've been a combine many times on other servers so I'm expecting the role to be similar to those on the servers before but I'm also expecting a new experience with a group of players I've never played with before and don't exactly know who to expect things from and who not to expect things from. I also expect my time to be enjoyable as it was before because usually, I join, or apply for CCA and get in and the time I'm in is extremely fun so I'm expecting some fun times and some times that aren't so fun, either way I think my experience will be very enjoyable and hopefully full of RP experiences that would not be experienced outside of the Combine Civil Authority.

ICLY: Nikolai is expecting many things from the Combine Civil Authority including experience but most of all training. Nikolai expects to be trained in many different ways and he already knows that if he makes it in the training will help him in hopefully every situation he gets into and every dispatch he gets. Nikolai believes that by joining the Combine Civil Authority he will get the best training he can possibly get among being able to finally do something with himself and not just wander the streets like the mindless citizens waiting for the next ration distribution cycle. He feels he has more to offer then that.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.   Nikolai was born in 1980 into a family, his family was not rich nor poor, they were just average trying to make it. His father who was a sales representative made most of the money for the family, his mother worked in a small time diner on the corner of his street. With his and her money combined it gave them enough to pay the bills on time and get the essentials needed to live in there everyday life. Nikolai went to work at the young age of fourteen at his mothers diner, he wasn't well paid since his mother was already being paid but the money he did earn, it got him what he wanted. He always liked to have what he wanted and if he didn't get it he would get the money himself to get it. He wasn't greedy he just didn't like seeing something he wanted and not being able to get it when he wanted.
    Nikolai worked in his mothers diner for a while, after a while he got tired of always doing the same thing, listening to the same commands so he decided he was going to quit the job and use the money he had earned to move to another country. So he did, he got his stuff ready and went to the airport. At the airport, Nikolai spent all his money on a plane ticket to America, his mother went with him, she didn't like the fact he was leaving at the age of only eighteen. He did though, he was tired of the seeing the same buildings, locations and people every day, he bought a ticket to America to explore and hopefully find something new, something he could be proud of.
   Nikolai had a long flight to go and the whole time he thought about two things, what it would be like over there and how he left his mother just standing there sobbing. He felt bad but he knew, she needed to get over it, she needed to realize he was growing up and that he wasn't some little kid anymore. His mother told him that she would write him every day. He doubted she had enough time in the day with work and everything to do that. Nikolai couldn't sleep on the plane, he had never been on a plane and he was pretty scared. He had heard stories in the past about them crashing or something going wrong with them and he didn't like that at all.
   When Nikolai's plane landed he was almost asleep, the screeching of the tires hitting the pavement and moving forward at a quick pace. As the plane began to slow down Nikolai stretched in his seat. When the plane finally stopped he stood up and got in the single file line with the rest of the crowd. He needed to earn money, he needed new clothes, a place to stay and he needed to find someone to help him out if not a map. Nikolai had arrived in the outskirts of a city called Chicago, Illinois, a rather big city but it seemed pleasant enough. Nikolai rented a hotel for the night with the money he had left over from the plane ticket, he figured, he'd go out and find his way around and find a job in the early morning so he'd have plenty of time.
   Nikolai liked the hotel a lot, the bed was comfortable and it was pleasant, for a while at least. Nikolai slept for about four hours until he heard a loud scream and then a gunshot followed after that, when Nikolai heard it he sat up weak and numb from all the walking and moving around. He slowly got up and limped over to the window, he peered through his window and looked outside, the street was lit by a single lamppost sitting next to a diner, no signs of any one was out there until he saw some movement from a near by bank, he could see a shadow by the wall, it seemed to be a man sitting by it, he felt like going to see if he was alright but he didn't know what happened and he didn't want to get into anything big his first night. He decided just to walk back over to his bed and go back to sleep. He tried and tried and tried to go to sleep but he just couldn't. He couldn't quit thinking about the figure he saw, he knew he couldn't have done anything though.
   Morning came early for Nikolai, the crickets chirped all night and he felt light-headed all night. When the sun shone through the curtains Niko knew it was time to get up and begin his day, he knew today was the day to make something of himself in this new life and new place. This place was a lot different then Russia, in Russia he didn't have restless nights, he slept perfect like he was floating on a pillow, here though, it was different. Niko could barely get up and take some medication to help him. Nikolai slowly sat up and did his morning routine. After he had done everything he could in his room he checked out knowing he didn't have enough money to stay another night, today he had to make money or he'd be sleeping on the street tonight. As Niko left the hotel he noticed the streets weren't overly crowded like they would be at this time in Russia but he knew he needed to learn, this wasn't Russia, this was a totally different world for him and he knew he had to get used to it if he wanted to survive.
   Nikolai lived in Chicago for fourteen years until he was 32, married with two kids. It was vacation time, the family including Nikolai was already packed up and ready to go, plane tickets already bought destination already set. They were going to Nikolai's home country, Russia to see how it has changed since 1980 when he was first born. Nikolai and his family left the house of course they didn't know they'd never see each other or their house again. When they got to the airport they were already running late so they were forced to hurry up with bagging and run to the plane. The plane ride lasted ten hours and when they got there they noticed something right off the bat. Gunfire, screams and havoc all around. People were shouting, screaming for their loved ones and kids. Nikolai looked out his window everything he could see was a big cloud of dust, no reminisce of a city once called Moscow only thing left was fire, smoke and bodies layed out across the airstrip as far as Nikolai could see. He had no idea what the fuck was going on but he knew he had to protect his family no matter what.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?   In general I've been roleplaying for six years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? All of the six years have been dedicated to serious servers.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Three Days.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central TimeZone

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? Fifteen

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?   My most memorable quality Rp experience hands down would have to be about Four years ago when I was a starting out recruit on a server that closed down a few years ago called HL2Land. I had just gone done with training and was out with I guess he would be considered my training officer. Well, we were patrolling the City-45 Square and all of a sudden we heard gunfire coming from District-2. We radioed it in and got Six or Seven units all together to do a raid, after we all got ready, got the equipment ready we set out.
   It ended up turning into a whole riot staring in D-2 and ending up all over the city with pretty much every citizen who was not a loyalist attacking us. The roleplay was pretty tense and it ended up lasting about two hours in a whole. I remember it so well because never in my time of roleplaying, not in the six years have I had a roleplay as tense or as I guess the word would be exilirating as that time. That wasn't the funnest roleplay I've ever had but it was quite close and definitely qualifies as the most memorable roleplay experience I've ever had.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Nikolai Zakhar
CID: Nine-Zero-Six-Six-One
Height: 5'11
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 175
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: N/A
Notable Qualities: Intelligent

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Never.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I want to join the Combine Civil Authority for many reasons but mainly just for one, To help protect Civilized Society as a whole and keep the citizens at bay while still keeping them under control and doing as the Combine Civil Authority says without question and without backtalk.

I, Nikolai Zakhar hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Loyalist status confirmed. (7/14/11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:26:55 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »
CA.CCA.APEX.04.230

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
OOC Name: The Mighty cookiemonstur

IC Character Name: Joseph O'Connor

Joseph O'Connor grew up on the streets of Boston, Massachusetts. When he was only eight, his mother was killed in a drive by shooting while she was out at the store. This shocked his whole family, including his father and sister. His father did the best that he could for them, and Joseph swore that, when he grew up, he was going to do something about the crime in Boston. He didn't grow up with much, only his father and his sister. That, however was all he needed.
He was at the top of his class in elementary school, and managed to keep first honors while he attended Boston Latin School. while growing up, he was influenced to do many things when he grew up. Most influencial of all, however, was his mother's death. So he applied for Harvard Law School, and studied to become an Attorny. He vowed to fight for the innocent, and to put criminals behind bars. (He, however, hoped for the chair most of the time)
In 2009, Joseph was just getting used to his new job. Due to the portal storms back in 2004, most of the human population was moved into cities to protect them from monsters coming through the portals. He was dealing with petty crimes one after another. One case of theft, followed by another, and another. He never thought it would end, until the Seven Hour War. After the war, with no job, and being held in City 56 (formerly Boston), he saw what real justice was. How the Civil Protection Officers handled crime. He felt that this was what he was meant to do. To protect people from harm by going out onto the streets. When City 56 got too crowded, he and many others were moved to Cities in former Europe. Joseph was moved to City 18, and so he remains there, idolizing the Civil Protecting, aspiring to be one of them.
Loyal
Always follows the law
Slightly forgetful
Brave
OOC:
I have played as CP on other servers before, but those were semi-serious and based on present day Earth. They were really just cops. I expect that playing as a CCA character will be a new experience, as I will be able to see the darker side of a dark story to begin with. I feel that this new experience will be a great one, and will increase my RPing experience greatly.
IC:
Joseph expects the experience to be life changing. He will finally be on field, doing sweet justice, as opposed to just hoping that the cops get the right man, and hoping the jury sees his argument. He feels that the days of him waiting for the justice to be served will be over and that he will be able to deliver swift justice, without all the paperwork. He wants to serve immediate justice. He wants to protect the city from people like the ones that killed his mother.
Chapter One: The Drive-By
It was a bright sunny day out. June 26th, 1996. Joseph and his father were outside playing catch. His sister was drawing on the concrete with chalk. His mother was at the store. She was gone for an hour already, but they weren't worried. She probably had met one of her old friends and was catching up with her. Then two hours passed. They were getting worried now, as she never took this long to get groceries. After the third hour, his father was about to leave for the store to see where she was, when the police came. They told him that Joseph's mother had died in a drive-by shooting by the grocery store. He came back in, with a stolid look on his face.
 "Your mother is dead," he said, and then went into his room. He didn't come out until the next day. His sister was crying in her room too. Joseph, however, promised that he wouldn't cry. He promised that he would work to bring justice to all people who would dare try to do something like that.
Chapter Two: The Decision
It was during his senior year at Boston Latin School that he finnaly decided how he was going to prevent crime. He decided he was going to be an attorny. He did well enough in school, and was able to get a scholarship to the prestigious Harvard Law School. While at Harvard, the portal storms started to happen. Luckily, Harvard was inside the city when it was locked up to protect humans from the aliens, so Joseph was able to continue his studies. Four years later, he got his Masters in Law, and was hired to a law firm who was dealing with many of the crimes commited in the cramped city.
Chapter 3: Leading up to the Seven Hour War
It was always busy at the law firm, as many petty crimes had been commited and the suspects were always being brought in. They never seemed to have enough space to hold them all. Joseph seemed to fly through these petty cases, either freeing them when fighting for them, or prosecuting them while on the prosecution. He was always hoping for a big case, but he never seemed to get it. In early 2009, however, he got one. It was a man accused of breaking into a home and murdering the whole family there. A wife and husband, their two children, and a dog. He was so happy to be on the prosecution. He was finally going to be able to do what he got the job to do. Then, the Seven Hour War happened.
Chapter 4: The Seven Hour War and the events afterwards
When war was announced against the aliens, Joseph didn't really care either way. He was making money, and he had the case he was always waiting for. Seven hours later, however, he was furious. His case was over. Everyone was being rounded up, including those being held in jail and prison. He was kept in Boston, which would be known as City 56. This city was even more crowded than before the war. So half of the residents, including Joseph, were moved around the world. Joseph was moved to a certain City 18. He had witnessed the swift justice that the CCA had delivered to murderers and thiefs, and hated them at first. He began to see it daily, and eventually loved to see the criminals be dealt with. Eventually, he even aspired to be one of them. Now it is the year 2016, and he is still in the place he was six years ago. He feels that he is coming closer to being able to deliver that kind of justice
OOC Details

Not including Garry's Mod, I couldn't tell you.
Since I got the game, a few weeks ago.
A couple days.
EST (Eastern US)
The United States
6. How old are you?
I was playing in a semi-serious server. The police (I was the Cheif of Police at the time) and Swat had teamed up at the order of the mayor to patrol the streets. We had a really good raid, and it was one of the most coordinated RPs I had ever experienced. No minges or other nuisances disrupting or blocking the path.
I do as I'm told.

IC Section

Full Name: Joseph O'Connor
CID: 27668
Height: 6'1"
Hair Colour Black
Weight: 205 lbs.
Mental Advantages: Highly educated
Notable Qualities: Has had experience dealing with criminals

No, I have never been detained.
As often as they are issued.
Of course.
Of course.
Of course.
To protect citizens from uncivilized criminals, like the ones who killed my mother while I was young.

I, Joseph O'Connor, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted. Pending loyalist check. (7/13/11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:01:32 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »
Kathryn Williams
Now in the trading business with Angus Buchanan.
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
Enjoying her new CWU Winter Coat.
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
Look at my dress, my dress is amazing.
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092
Does anyone else taste metal and see red?

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »
OOC Name: Kassandra Franklyn (Steam Account is franklyngardiner, good thing my brother moved)

IC Character: Kassandra Draw

My character has witnessed a variety of anti-citizen acts that have in the end harmed her in ways that affected her mental state of being. She see's the Combine Union as a form of liberating herself from these maltreatments and also as a way of riding herself of her humanity. To her, Kassandra Draw, losing her human status to become transhuman is her logic of losing her ability to be harmed, to a girl that has been harmed so much, this is a golden solution.

Another reason as to why Kassandra would find this status pleasing is due to her already quite unified bond with various Combine Civil Authority units. Her standings with Officers 676, 326 and 040 are quite good. She has helped each and every one complete a task, one of which was a core component to his promotion. Due to her loathing the citizens because of their natural tendancies to lead uninteresting lives, she finds the CCA's unity appealing.

On a final note Kassandra is a person who takes great pleasure in recieving rewards for completing duty's or helping a higher command. She is average when it comes to the administration of command issues but she is more than profoundly eager to obey the orders of her superiors. In this case she is sort of like a puppy dog. She does what you  say, does it to the best of her abilities. In return, of course, she likes to have a treat, not neccesarily big rewards, as much as a "good job" or simple pat on the back is enough to make her feel proud of herself and what she's done.

She has a sarcastic attitude with those she has a high rate of comfort with, though these occassions are quite rare. On the other hand, she is usually timid and obedient around Civil Protection units. Her boldness and calm characteristics are in play when she has no emotional bondings to another character. She is also a person that isn't very likely to give a second chance, and will spring to report or enforce any codes of conduct that are broken.

I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be a "reinstallment" into the Combine Roleplaying world. Also a way to rest assure I am roleplaying with other well prepared roleplayers, as opposed to some people that are in citizen status. I've been on other servers and achieved Combine OTA Elite status, and I believe that the lawful, not neccesarily leadering role is something I can roleplay more effecitvly.

As far as my character goes, I believe it will be beneficial for her, not neccesarily with the raising in status, but more of the fact she is stepping up in a scale of discipline. Her natural need to satisfy authority figures and ensure all is going along as civilization would proclame would fit in well with a low ranking Combine Civil Authority unit, as opposed to any other faction.

My character Kassandra Draw used to live in the former country of Canada. Once the Combine forces invaded  she was lucky enough to evade them for the duration of the invasion, though she only made it through mere luck. She has recieved a scar on her lower back, this due to a headcrab climbing out a canister, which missed her and it's pincer like arm cut her profoundly. She continued to run into the more savage of Canadian territories, in which by then the Human/Combine agreements had been settled and she was captured by a Combine Alien that was roaming the forest. Needless to say, she was very lucky. After passing through City 45 and City 9, she was finally left off in the current city: City 18. She spent a small portion of her time as a scavenger, but soon she gave up on it, and decided to adopt a loyalist life style. All these events are also directly linked with her constant changing off attitude, due to each extreme condition played had left a small portion of mental scarring in her.

OOC Details
Well now a little bit of time to talk about me, that's splended! My name, as mentioned before, is Kassandra Franklyn. I am a manga artist, I also am a Admin at Deliverence Of Anarchy Build server and all other DOA servers. I have about a 4 year roleplaying experience and I take roleplaying very seriously. Besides that I don't have much a different life than any other nerd girl would have, despite the compulsive need to rant when troubled.

Roleplaying servers in Garrys Mod, hm, Well I did play on a now non-existant server due to financial problems. None the less I did play there for about a year, the server was in Russian, that was in early 2010 so I can't say I remember the name. I performed as a OTA Elite  for 9 months and also the Co-Leader of the Resistance on the server. I have lost some familiarity with the HL2RP Combine system due to the extent of me not being on Garrys Mod, none the less, I remember most basics and many advanced motions.

I have never been a fan of non-serious roleplaying servers, and in response to this question I can only say exactly what I've said in the previous question. If it is to be very accurate, you could take a week off my general roleplaying server description, for I was playing DarkRP servers for about a week before leaving in frusteration.

To be quite honest I have only been playing on Catalyst Gaming for about 2 days. I have been informed that Catalyst Gaming's HL2RP server is also a few months recent, and I'm quite impressed.

EST-Eastern Time: Bogota/Lima

I live in the country of Panama, though I am a American raised in Colorado

6. How old are you?
I am of the age of 16 years old currently

I remember once a very odd roleplaying experience inbetween a Civil Protector and my roleplay as the Resistance Co-Leader. It was a very interesting story really, I was nearly caught by this Civil Protecter, yet I was able to diverte him into a small conversation. In this small conversation, we established a sort of friendship, and it extended so much that many resistance members felt free to come invite this Civil Protection unit to private meetings in the City 18 District 2 area. This also lead to a abundance in Combine information that had the Combine raising the threat scale of the Resistance from a mere low, to the extent of pelting the District 2 zone with headcrab canisters. I was amazed by this style of corruption, because it was a amazing plot twist. Nobody suspected it, and in all honesty that memory probably shall never leave my mind.

I would consider myself a good listener in general, I am always eager to know what's on peoples minds, and if I can, always reach a agreement with them. I come on Garry's Mod to enjoy some cracker jack Roleplaying, and, I wish this for everybody. Everybody comes on to enjoy roleplaying, so I attempt to make it as enjoyable, without sacrificng roleplay quality, as possible.

IC Section

Full Name: Kassandra Draw
CID: 56526
Height: 5.7ft
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Weight: 110lbs
Mental Distinctions: Metaphorical way of thinking
Mental Defects: Affected by the mood of others around her
Mental Advantages: A better ability to persuade and convince others
Notable Qualities: A carefulness to not cross any dangerous lines, but also a good eye in knowing just how close to the line she can get without going past it.

I have once for taking a old man I found in the District 2 section to a Combine checkpoint, in which, I was searched, made a friend (040) and was detained for about 1/4th of a cycle, even though my due cycle was 2 cycles, I was let out early.

No, I currently do not have access to them.

Of course, it is much better than living in the repugnant world of the citizens and their instability.

Yes, I accept that completely, what I have done is what I shall yield consequences for, that is how civilization is held, and I shant go against that.

Yes, I would never betray the greater good. The Universal Union is exactly what the universe needs, and due to that, there is no reason to ever leave or even think about betrayal.

I want to join because I believe I can strip myself from these human emotions and thoughts that cause me to stray from the path that civilization lays down for all of us. The way of the transhuman world is the only answer, and the Combine hold that answer. To be loyal and faithfull to the Universal Union is only a small price to pay when it comes to being able to be the shining example of what civilization can truly reach with it's outstanding potential! Being average is no longer acceptable, we must be outstanding, we all have the potential, and the Combine Civil Authority is the first step into such perfection.

I, Kassandra Draw hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (7/14/11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:46:48 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:(GG) =(SGN)= TheDeadOne

IC Character Name:Tom Tundra

Tom Tundra was caught up in the seven hour war, but when the combine found him he simply surrender. The lucky thing was that he was just a simple citizen. Later when all people either died, surrendered, or was captured, Tom was transfered to City 18. When Tom arrived he thought their logo, "It's safer here," was ture. But when he walked outside the trainstation he knew he was wrong.

When Tom stayed for a week, he knew he wanted a better life. But the CCA applications weren't going to open fo another whole week! He went to recieve his rations but had to wait 3rd in line but even when 3rd in line it still was a long wait waiting for the CP units to come. When he got his rations he was finally satisfied.

Tom realized that City 18 wasn't that bad. He didn't mind the combine because, he knew they were just keeping them safe. Then the time came... he was ready and the applications were open. He went up to the checkpoint near the nexus and asked for an application. When he recieved the application, he filled it out confidently and then turned it into the combine. He walked away that day excited for a response

Willing
Confedent
Kind

I'm expecting the CCA To be strict, enforcing, and powerful. I will learn never to give up, or I will face the consequences. And the way I act effects all. I will aslo learn to be more persistent.

Tom will expect to learn to not be friendly to any citizens even if they are friends or family. He will learn to be more strict. He will do anything no matter the consequences. He will enforece the law but not enhance it.

Tom was born in 1989 with 2 brothers and a half brother. He had great parents, and he was a great kid too. He was good in school, good grades, good attitude, and good friends. His life was a dream

Tom was looking out into the distance one day and saw a huge dust storm. At that time Tom thought about his future. He thought he would have a great job and he thought peace would stay with him at all times... But that would all change soon.

It was 2010 when Tom graduated from colledge. He was 21, it was that moment he thought he knew his life was a perfect dream. Now he needed a job and a house. Tom was searching for a job when he found a job as a salesman selling electronics

When he got enough money, he got a lakeside house. He meet a women, got married, Had 3 kids, and thought to himself that this can't go wrong. He was walking to his job one day and saw a storm, but didn't mind it at all. He went to work selling his electronics. He was trying to sell a high-tech computer but realize he wasn't going to make any progress

He wasn't noticing that he was not doing to well at his job and thought work harder. So he did. He worked so hard he got a raise. It was then he realized he was about to be promoted. And he did get promoted.

The day came when the combine invaded, and the seven hour war took place. Tom simply surrendered and luckly he was a simple citizen. He appeared at the trainstation in City 18 in fear of all the people well combine surrounding him.

Tom went living the rest of his life he thought was a dream, as a nightmare. He went grabbing rations, trying to talk with his friends but found it hard to do when he figured out that the combine don't like it when you talk to each other.

OOC Details

4 years.

2 years.

1 week and a few days.

Mountian time AZ,USA.

USA

6. How old are you?

When I was playing on my first serious server and I was arresting someone for the first time

yes

IC Section

Full Name:Tom Tundra CID: 11475
Height:5.9
Hair ColourBlack
Eye Colour:blue green
Sexual Orientation:Straight
Weight:198 lb.
Mental Distinctions:N/A
Mental Defects:N/A
Mental Advantages:N/A
Notable Qualities:N/A

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?No.

Yes.

Yes

Yes.

Yes with all my heart.

I want to join the CCA because I seen the way the CCA act together and I could learn something from them.

I, Tom Tundra hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied. Number 3 is too short. (7/13/11)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:56:38 PM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:52 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: (Fourm name)Firdragon405 Yeah uh I forgot my name is NOTHING not Firedragon.

IC Character Name: Patrick L. Robin

My character wishes to join the Civil Authority because of what he has seen in his the last current years. His first opinion is that he personally thinks he could do a better job. (Of course he doesn't share that thought.)
When he sees a unit, he sees a person that doesn't seem to act terrifying or doing the job correctly. That is also one of my characters traits. He thinks he can always do better. Thats also why he became a loyaltist in the first place. He believed he could always be better than others. (NOTE: My character never shared this thought.)

Secondly, he wishes to join a good, sustainable society. When he sees citizens, he sees a clumsy group of fools. He believes this is why citizens are treated in such a way. That it is THERE faults. That it is IS fault. But he cannot take living in such a way. He wants to be in a place where he is doing something good, and gets treated as he is. He has a "Personal" connection as well to them. He just believes it is the right thing to do.

Third and last, He wants the feeling of power on his side... He wants to feel as if he is actually in control of something. He basicly NEEDS this to survive. When he sees a high ranking unit he sees himself. And he WANTS to be like that. And why doesn't he join? He has his armband, the will, and a IC application. (Below.)
So he goes for it. Also, one last little reason. He wants to try to keep these citizens socialy stable. Now anybody says that, but my character is SERIOUS. Like I said, he sees the pesky citizens around them. He wishes to make them orderly like he is. So there you go. Some reasons why my character wants to join the Civil Protection.

My characters traits? First, he has picked up some artist-like traits from his Mother - which was an artist herself. (More on the backstory.) Which can be considered one. Another is trust. And no I am not just copying from up above. My character is TRUSTABLE. When he is given a task HE DOES THAT TASK. Finally, he has learned mechanic skills as being a mechanic for several years.

--OOC (for me)--
I expect it to be an exciting Roleplay decision for me. As I have been it once, (As 303.) and happily re-apply for some more RP. I love to roleplay. But now if I am accepted I do not have to hear, "Derpety derp u da citizen u must be da minge." (Which I am glad to shake off since most people think that. AND admins do trust the units more...) Also, its just plain RP fun. I mean, who could say being a Civil protection unit couldn't be fun?

--IC (For my character.)--

This will be a good experence. As my character expects to enter a brand new world of good things. Such as better food, respect, everything! (Hehe...He is WAY off...) as ICly he is happily writting an application to hand in to the nearest unit. He also expects it that the high command get even MORE stuff. Like parties, special UU items, ect. (Once again, in a way he is WRONG.) Finally, he hopes to rise through the ranks. Becoming an amazing leader. Which is just personally his goal.

Patrick was born on 1979 in Dallas, Texas. Patrick had a happy life there as a child. His Mother was an artist. His Father was a writer for a local newspaper. Times seemed nice, good food, nice house, everything. Until an un-faithful day in 1990. Patrick's Mother died of a heart attack. It was very sad... Since then the Robin's house never seemed cheery. It always had a "Gloomy" Feeling to it.

Patrick's School life was about normal. He had a few friends. A school bully, you know... All through 6th grade everything was good...But by middle school, things went downhill... His Father recieved a job offering in a small town known as Fairfield, Texas. A small country town with country folk. But yet Patrick never really fit in. He was always the, "person nobody knows about" type. He grew up from then on lonely...

By High School the year was 1993. High School was actually nicer. In his Freshmen year he met a nice woman named Katy. They dated for a few months when she left him. "He is too weird." She would say. This is about the saddest time of Patricks life. He really had nowhere to go, nobody nice to see. Patrick was happy by Senior year. He could finally get out of this place! He couldn't wait! Eventually he graduated. And moved off to Washington, DC.

By this time it was 1998. Patrick was 19 and got a job as a car mechanic. He seemed to have a connection between cars and himself. He just loved working on them for hours... You could call him a "Gear Head."
...In 1999 Patrick's Father died of a shot to the head, In other words there was a robbery and his Father was murdered in the process. Once again, another sad day for him. But he continued his life. Just as any other
person would.

Years passed as little happened. until of course the "Portal Storms." Which brought kaos all over the Earth.
After this time. Patrick was basicly like anybody else, terrified of what was going to happen. This continues, on for some time until it eventually ends. The 7-hour war is over, humans  have lost control, and has brought to what we see as today.

(NOTE: I did not get too techical as I am afraid of making an error of how these events went on. Not that I do not know about the cannon but do not want to mess up.)

Patrick was brought to city 21 first. He didn't mind it there - It was ok. During this time Patrick was neither good or bad. In other words he didn't get in trouble but didn't do anything extra for the Union. After about a few years he had been moved to city 18. This is where he is today. He finally decided to take up resonsiblity and become a loyaltist. He worked hard for that armband...And finally recived it. Patrick had already been thinking about the Civil Protection, and decided, "Why not? I have an armband, a will, I could do that!" As this brings us to where we are right now...
OOC Details

About 2 1/2 years

1 1/2 years

Hmm...about 6-19+ weeks?

Central Time Zone

United States of America

6. How old are you?

Probbly as one time I was hiding out during a Judgement Waiver in the slums with a friend...It was amazing RP even though it ended with a Perma-Kill.

I shutup when I need to listen. (Yes)

IC Section

Full Name: Patrick Lavenston Robin
CID: #58806
Height: 6'1
Eye Colour: Dark Blue
Weight: 147
Mental Advantages: a 112 I.Q.
Notable Qualities: A nice person, I try to be polite as possible.

No.

Its about 90% of what I eat. Sometimes when I am in a good mood I go buy something from a Civil Worker.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes

To keep our community in order and to serve the Union.

I, Patrick Robin hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check. (7/14/11)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:03:02 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline {DetG}Sizemore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:47 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Sizemore

IC Character Name: Josh Sizemore

When he was 19, Josh Sizemore’s mother died. Soon after, his father joined the CCA, leaving his old life behind, including his son. This made Josh mad that his father didn’t think about what he was doing, he only joined in a rage.
   Josh missed his mom, and he also missed his dad. But then his dad died, and he missed him more. He never wanted anyone to go through what he went through. But he understood his father now. He understood why his dad got mad. He wanted revenge. And now Josh wanted revenge.
   It made Josh mad when he thought that this happened every day. Rebels would fight the government and citizens got caught in the middle. Families were torn apart. He would never let that happen.
Josh Sizemore is trustworthy, respectful, and honest.

I expect the CCA to be a great experience mentally and physically for Josh. Josh has wanted to be the guy who is patrolling around town, protecting the citizens from idiots who decided to step out of line. He also expects better living conditions and better food.
   Personally, I expect to have a great time in City 8. The people, the sights, the fighting for the greater good!

As a young adult, Josh’s father, George, was in the Civil Protection. Josh lived without direct contact with his dad or his mother, Alex, who had died from a stray bullet in a shooting between the Civil Authority and Rebels that broke out in the streets when he was 19. That was actually why his father decided to join. Josh was upset that his father joined in a rage. Not only was he upset, but so was his father. He had never gotten over the death of Alex. Josh stayed in contact with an old friend of his dads, who worked in the offices in the Nexus. That was how Josh knew who his father was. John still talked with George when they were both off shift. George never new about Josh, but Josh did know about George.
Josh only saw George for two hours a day, and those two hours were the best of his entire day. He would follow him around town, and never actually talked with him. In his mind, he had a super hero for a dad. But that eventually changed. Sometimes George would have a different post. But Josh would always hear from John telling him “George is going to be at a different post today, so you won’t see him,” or something along the lines of that. He always would get a call, but not on February 3, 2014, two years after his father joined. That was the one time Josh didn’t get a call. He had hoped that it was just a mistake. John just forgot to call. And on February 4th, John came home and told him the horrific news. George had been shot. Not by a stray bullet, but right in the head, by a sniper. The Rebels had been taking pot-shots at them, and five units died before the alarm was sounded. He didn’t have time to call Josh in the middle of the chaos.
At that exact point in time, Josh Sizemore felt the same rage his father had felt two years before. He was no longer mad, he just wanted revenge. But that anger wasn’t pointed at one man, but at the whole Rebellion. He never wanted any other person to go through what he just went through, and what his father had to go through over his mother. He didn’t know where to start, so he began to watch other CP’s in the town. He would watch how they handled certain situations, he would watch their combat tactics, and he would listen to the way they talked. One day, he followed a unit into the Nexus Lobby. Josh saw a paper next to the front desk that said “Civil Authority Application”. He asked the man about it, and he then gave Josh the application, a pen, and pointed to a chair.

OOC Details

About two and a half years.
About a year and a half.
About three months.
Central Time Zone
United States of America
6. How old are you?
14 years old
I was playing on the HL2RP. I had just joined the server and nothing was going on. I went over to Jack to find that he had a shop with Highvoltage. He began to fight with me because I was “loitering”. That was because as I was going in I tripped and fell, got up, and brushed myself off. As I put weight on my right foot, I collapsed in pain. I couldn’t get up so I dragged myself into the shop of Jack. He saw me and asked what was wrong. I tried to tell him, but I was in too much pain to explain. He told me to get out, but I couldn’t move. Then he screamed, so I slowly began dragging myself to the door. Just before I escaped, a nova walked in and saw me. I motioned to my ankle and he demanded to know why I was on the ground. I spit out the answers he was looking for and he radioed it in. No more than 15 seconds later, he grabbed me by my left arm and dragged me out. Slowly we went on and I saw the Nexus steps come into view. Then I felt the pain of concrete hitting my back over and over. The pain somehow increased. Then we reached the top and he pulled me past two doors and this time metal stairs. He went up two flights before he put me down and began to type on a keypad. At that time, my vision was so blurry, I couldn’t make out a square from a circle. Then my sight went dark, he grabbed my arm once again, and I lost conscience. Next thing I knew, I woke up in a bed with a man in another bed staring at me with blood trickling down his face. The nova had put a brace on my leg, but the pain was still intense. Then he dragged me back out as I was still groggy. He dropped me on the front steps and told me I was free to go.
That, my friend, was awesome.
Yes I do. I generally take instructions the first time and follow them.

IC Section

Full Name:  Josh Sizemore
CID: #37474
Height: 6’2”
Hair Colour: Dark Red
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Weight: 223lbs
Mental Distinctions: Fast Thinker
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Intelligent, understands how to best handle most situations.
Notable Qualities: Wise and witty

No.
Yes.
Yes, I am.
Yes, I do.
I will.
To protect the citizens of this city from rebels and to keep all citizens safe from the dangers of others not following the law.

I, Josh Sizemore, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
Denied. Number 3 to short.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:28:55 PM by {DetG}Sizemore »

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: China Cat Sunflower (Formerly Rainbow Dash, Moon Walker)

IC Character Name: Amber Rose

My character has always been loyal to the union. Ever since they first arrived on Earth. Her family all became rebels and she couldn't handle that. She knew they were going to end up dead so she decided that the Civil Protection was her family and devoted her life to it.
   She eventually gets raped and it only pushs her closer to the CCA. So she ends up snitching on her own family because she knew it was the right thing to do. Everything in her life seemed to be going good. Her obsession with drinking breen's water soon made her forget her family and everything
other than serving the union.
   Eventually one of her friends gets killed by the resistance and she can't take it anymore. She vows to one day join the CCA and serve the union and protect all the innocent citizens. She aspires to become a high ranking unit.  One day she hopes to help get rid of the remaining resistance and make what she thinks is a "Perfect World" free of trouble.

Loyal,Depressed,Honest,Brave

For me I am expecting it to be a good fun way to roleplay on the server. As a CCA I want to roleplay to the best of my ability as a CCA. I also want to serve the union and have fun. but I also want to help make the server better for others by reducing minges and trying to teach them how to roleplay.  If that doesn't work I will at least handle them the best I can so they are not a distraction/mess with other roleplayers.
   For my character it is a way for her to serve the union because they have done so much for her she thinks she needs to start giving instead of just taking. She doesn't want anyone to have to deal with the things she has had to deal with. She wants to help keep the streets clean and make the world a better place for everyone. She also want's to be able to assist any wounded or person in need of help in any way she possibly can.

My character was the youngest born into a rather large family with 4 other siblings. Ever since she could remember she did everything in her power to keep them all out of trouble. Three of her siblings were alive but her eldest brother died fighting in the Seven Hour War.  Whenever the seven hour war happened and the movement to the citys started came she immediatly fell in love with them despite her brother dying from them. But her family on the otherhand all hated them and shunned her for her love of the Combine. They all eventually got moved into city 45. Amber always stayed as close as she could with the combine but her family decided they would rather go into S6 and fight the combine's powers. One day she was upset and needed to visit her family,
because after all even if they were resistance it was her family. So she decided to go into S6.
   While there she asked around and tried to find them but instead she found a group of black men who had raped her. Upset and distraught she looked harder and harder for her family. With no luck she went to a bar and asked if anyone knew where they were. She was told where they stayed and went to the apartment room they stayed at. She was hoping the reunion would be amazing, but she was wrong. They all hated her and told her to get out and that she was a disgrace to her family for loving the combine.
    So she left, alone and sad she decided to do what she did best. She went to the combine and told them that her family lives in S6 and lied and said they came to the city to visit her telling them their exact location she waited to hear from the CCA again. One day she was outside drinking breens water and she saw her family being brought into the nexus. For one of the first times in her life she felt joy and started reporting everything she say from that point on.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Original taco banana like idk a long time ago though for real.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? A long time ago

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Nearing 3 months.
4. What Time zone are you in? Central

5. In what country do you live? united states

6. How old are you? 17, 18 in august

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Probably being in the resistance on a different server and giving my life to save my team.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do. :)

IC Section

Full Name: Amber Rose
CID: 31974
Height: 5 feet
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual   
Weight: 100
Mental Distinctions: Could kill if necessary with no remorse.
Mental Defects: Depression
Mental Advantages: Doesn't care about people,
Notable Qualities: Honest,Brave,Loyal

No, my character has never been detained.

Yes, and spends the rest of her money on breens water.

Yes, my character has depression and she is in love with the union and would do anything she could to help serve.

Yes, I take full responsibility not only for myself but all Civil protection members under my command.

Yes, as long as I live I will serve and give my life for the Union. I will do whatever it takes to help.

Because I want to help serve the union to the best of my abilities and protect other men and women from rape and other dangerous things.

I, Amber Rose hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

I hope that I get accepted because I am a great RPer and know a lot about hl2 canon and am not a minge! :) I also have the Character Ari Black in CWU sooo :) I hope I get accepted! :3

Denied. Number one was answered incorrectly, possesses backstory details that belong in number 4, and lacks detail.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:07:12 AM by Burning Bullet-OneInTheChamber »
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

meamm

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Meam

IC Character Name: Jared Krim

Jared has always been a great man.  He has followed all rules that were given for anywhere he went.  As a child, his dad respected him greatly because he was the only child in the family who would follow exactly what he said.  Even still as a 37 year old man, he has broken very little rules and obeys the authorities.

When Jared witnesses others not following laws/rules, he wants to step in and do something about it.  He mentions to them that they need to stop, and if they don't he has to call the police.  He would not like to have to only mention to them what they are doing and have to call in, but he would like to be the authority and punish those who do not want to obey.  With the power, he would bring down these people, and has always wanted to.

Jared has always looked up to authorities and especially Civil Protectors for their good deeds in controlling civilians.  He had the idea that he was going to eventually get to be one of them.  In his mind, he HAD to be one so he could serve and protect.  His ultimate goal in life is to become a Civil Protection Officer and join the cause of keeping the city civilized.

-Trustworthy
-Very Obedient
-Honest
-Loyal
-Respectful

For myself, I am expecting a great roleplaying experience and helping others.  I also am expecting to keep other players in-line while still have fun with playing as a CP.  I always have loved games where you are a cop and enfore law and such, and this will be, honestly, a great experience that is my #1 goal in garry's mod right now.

As for Jared, he is expecting to devote his life and time to the greater cause.  He is expecting to be able to enforce what he believes in and put down rule breakers to keep the city civil.  His passion is for rules and he expects others to follow them, but if they don't he will have the power to punish them.  Jared also expects to follow whatever his commanding officers tell him to do without question or smack-talk.

As said before, Jared grew up obeying every and all rules given to him.  He grew up in a small town not known by many others from around the area.  He looked up to the authorities in the town and always wanted to be like them.  As he grew, he became more aware of the surrounding rules everywhere he went.  In his early twenties he met a girl name Hannah, but she was a terrible criminal.  This forced him, immediately, to turn her in with no regret.  He lost all contact with his siblings afterwards because they had a deep love for Hannah.  He was almost completely separated with his family.  His mother had died after exploring a warehouse.  It was never known how she deceased.  His dad was his only friend because wherever he went, the people tried to stay away from him in fear of being turned in to the police.  Eventually when his dad died, he devoted his whole life to becoming part of the law.  He traveled back to the town he grew up in and applied to become part of the force.  There, he was trained and didn't have many people to watch over, so he moved to a city known as Crandor.  He got into the police academy and became a very loyal and trusted policeman.  Jared's life was nearly complete until he was shot in action and removed from the police force.  A few months later, the 7 hour war began and Crandor was invaded.  That is where he was sent to City 18.  He became a very quiet man, not sure what to do with himself in this new environment.  He was then introduced to the CCA.  His new goal in life was to be a part of this organization.  He worked his way to becoming a Loyalist when he was relocated to City 8.  This is where he gained full Loyalist status and is now ready to be a part of the Civil Protection.

OOC Details

-I have played roleplaying servers for a few months now.

-I have played on serious servers the whole time.

-I have played on Catalyst Gaming server a few times in the past few weeks.  Then I found this server and loved it.

EST (-5:00 UTC)

United States

6. How old are you?

I am 15 years old.

Well, on this server when I first joined, I asked a good way to make tokens.  A man told me to mug a CP, and it didn't turn out too well..Funny though!

I consider myself a great listener!  IC and OOC.  It is almost hard to not listen correctly for me.

IC Section

Full Name: Jared Krim
CID: 23841
Height: 5'8"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel-Green
Weight: 153
Mental Distinctions: I am very loyal.
Mental Defects: May be slightly a suck-up.
Mental Advantages: I can be VERY patient.
Notable Qualities: Trustworthy, loyal, honest, obedient.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Often.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? I am comepletely willing to give my life to the cause.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? As long as I am living, I promise with my life that no matter what happens I will be loyal and faithful.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?  I want to join CCA because I want to put down rule breakers and keep peace in The City.  I would also like to do whatever it takes to fulfill the needs of my authorities.

I, Jared Krim hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending loyalist check. (7/14/11)
Loyalist status confirmed.(7/15/11)
Accepted.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:58:16 PM by meamm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal