Author Topic: I do not want to see this again in Outland rp... EVER  (Read 9202 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I do not want to see this again in Outland rp... EVER
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 01:56:44 AM »
If mugging doesn't become a rule, can we atleast have a resistance group where we don't mug nor get mugged.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 02:18:01 AM »
If mugging doesn't become a rule, can we atleast have a resistance group where we don't mug nor get mugged.
you can make a group and say "no mugging" any time you wants. but you cant pull "HAHAHAHHA YOU CANT TOUCH ME CAUSE IM IN A GROUP" shit
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 03:19:26 AM »
you can make a group and say "no mugging" any time you wants. but you cant pull "HAHAHAHHA YOU CANT TOUCH ME CAUSE IM IN A GROUP" shit
Right but... heres the thing

I came here to rp as a refugee, searching for things and hiding away from the oh so bad guys named OTA. OTA is the one i'm worried about guys... i am h- oh fuck we got muggers now, time to worry about them. Isn't that just a huge whole ripped right through the rp?

People say mugging is part of the rp, but i came here to rp as a refugee and do what refugee's do and stay away from the Civil Protection and try and survive. "But people mug people to survive also..." That's not the point!

Aside from me thinking that it ruins rp of being a refugee, i think in OOCly it's just bullshit. If you wanna do that, go to a less srs rp. IDC about my ban, i did that to myself as i avoided the Mugging rp having it still not a rule. I just hate people doing this shit to us AGAIN in a way more serious rp.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 08:41:51 AM »
Mugging is just fucking stupid, and totally out of canon.
Nuff said.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:21 PM »
Mugging is legit, and is part of the risk you take by escaping from the city. Mugging is perfectly in-canon and realistic; desperate people will do whatever it takes to survive. Smart refugees are careful of who they trust. Muggers separate the naive refugees from the savvy.

Nuff said.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:15:35 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »
Mugging is legit, and is part of the risk you take by escaping from the city. Mugging is perfectly in-canon and realistic; desperate people will do whatever it takes to survive. Smart refugees are careful of who they trust. Muggers separate the naive refugees from the savvy.

Nuff said.
I even spoke to Roflwaffle about how he thinks about muggers in outlands. He his response... "gay"

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
but issue is muggers come along to ONLY the unarmed and say pretty much "give me your entire inventory, or you die"
they are stealing bleach, with not the purpose to survive, but to cause anger
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »

Nuff said.

I steal supplies from houses and such if people leave their stuff behind unguarded. But mugging simply goes way to far. I don't want to lock myself in my house because I'm scared that random lulwebulz come in with their guns stealing my 40k tokens. Your goal in this game is to survive From the combine. Not create new enemies from your own species and cause even more danger for yourself.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »
Your goal is to survive, period, be that from the combine, antlions, zombies, or human thieves and otherwise unsavory characters.
o7

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »
Your goal is to survive, period, be that from the combine, antlions, zombies, or human thieves and otherwise unsavory characters.
Why the fuck am i having to worry about something that people never did in Half life 2? I worry about Necrotics, antlions, and OTA, thats it!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
im camping at spawn with my smg, if youre going to say that

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
If you say that, then lets not worry about OTA at all then.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 03:53:22 PM »

Well, that made just about no sense at all... What sort of point were you trying to make there?
o7

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 04:18:29 PM »

Well, that made just about no sense at all... What sort of point were you trying to make there?
He's saying that OTA doesnt seem as much as a threat because all they do is walk down the streets and dont raid as often. Where as muggers just walk around and take everybody elses stuff and can always be on and can go into canals and sewers.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »
There are prople in the outlands with the goal to kill or do what is nessessary to gain items like guns regardless of that fact that there not nessessary. There is also people in the outlands who are moral character (like my character) and try to lay down the law in the outlands, I have PK'ed before because a guy attempted to mug someone that I didn't know. Mugging comes with possible consequences so I think it's perfectly fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal