Author Topic: Serious Suggestions.  (Read 5727 times)

Offline jogador roxo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Serious Suggestions.
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:58 AM »
I would like that some admins could at least see the Suggestion about the games some day, because I never seen an admin answering something unless someone calls him or its an admin that began the Thread. in OCRP, everyone almost do +support on the suggestion made, and admins dont put it on Accepted or Denied, or at least say something like: "this will be added soon in the next update", or even "I didnt like this". Thanks for your attention.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Serious Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 03:55:20 AM »
If you don't realise, we ain't the developers. We can't accept/deny them, the developers do.
what

Offline jogador roxo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:19:54 AM »
If you don't realise, we ain't the developers. We can't accept/deny them, the developers do.

Ok, why dont developers accept it or deny?

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »
I don't know. One is on holiday, the other busy coding other shit and running the place due to rofl being away.
what

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:28:47 AM »
I've been going through the suggestions diligently but I have a lot on my plate in regards to the forum.

I have:
-Finish restart script
-Finish RCON security for all servers
-Add new page for server management
-Create a new servers page
-Make all of the above look good
-Attempt to fix some back end stability issues.
-Somehow get PHP 5.3 to work with MySQL 5.0
-Not break anything in the process of all that long enough to make all our members leave.

Being that I'm virtually the only web developer left since Vizion got the boot, I have to also deal with fixing this stuff:
-HL2RP doesn't have global bans
-Bans page is horribly inconsistent
-Loading pages are broken

And even MORE so!
-Can't contact waffle to contact host to open firewall ports to our website (needed for server management page)
-Deal with waffle getting pissed whenever something breaks that is not related to me

So it shouldn't be to much to ask that people be patient and that the developers around here are working very hard but there are only 3 of us (Karma, Tomasas and I) and we can only do so much. And on top of it all, we don't get paid! We are doing this ALL out of the kindness of our hearts. Contrary to popular belief, none of the developers get to see any of that donation money that you people are shelling out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:38:23 AM by Somone77 »

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
I would like to also add that a suggestion might be good and all but it's a lot of hard work to actually put that suggestion into play. It took me and Crap-Head three hours on the dev server to add all suit models for all 9 male citizens purely because we(he) were running into a problem every other second. The thing a lot of us players need to understand is that there is a lot of things being done behind the scenes to make sure these servers are running properly, a lot of us players might not be able to see it up front but it's being done. We are lucky to have what we have already.

<edited by Somone77: Not 'a lot', 'a lot'.>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:07:08 AM by Somone77 »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »

Ok, why dont developers accept it or deny?

Say whaaaaaat?

Your kidding right? I went threw like one of suggestions and 1 of bug reports a few weeks ago. Do you have ANY idea how long time it takes? Then if I accept anything I gotta code it and put it live on server, put it on the changelog and get enough before I post it.

Oh and Someone77, make a deathrun loading page please? ;)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 02:29:16 PM »
I got an Idea maybe we can do a developer contest so we can have new people on the developer team one is web developer contest and one is gamemode developer contest the top 3 in each contest becomes a the new deveolpers
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
No, if you spend enough time around developers you'll find that working with other people is a nightmare.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
I got an Idea maybe we can do a developer contest so we can have new people on the developer team one is web developer contest and one is gamemode developer contest the top 3 in each contest becomes a the new deveolpers
I might be a troll for this but... How old are you?

Seriously, a contest to get box access or whatever?
If they want they can just send their damn shit to rtlk or roflwaffle and if it's good they'll figure. A contest seriously?

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
It was just a suggestion, no need to attack him for it.

If you have anything to report or a script you made that you would like to donate you can send it to either RTLK, Roflwaffle or I and we will deal with it accordingly.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 12:30:13 AM »
No but seriously, a contest that will give players the ability to access the box.
How fucking stupid is that?

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »
No but seriously, a contest that will give players the ability to access the box.
How fucking stupid is that?
You could have just said that. No reason to make fun of his age
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »
If you have anything to report or a script you made that you would like to donate you can send it to either RTLK, Roflwaffle or I and we will deal with it accordingly.

<------------

I work aswell.

Anyways. I've already explained above and so have you.

Locking this.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal