Author Topic: GmodRP  (Read 12247 times)

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GmodRP
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »
I used to run a fixed up version of GmodRP on my server with rp_hometown2000. I might have it somewhere.

Offline SirIsaac??¢?©

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 01:01:06 AM »
I Know GModRP and that is REAL Role play, So just a giant

+SUPPORT, MAKE THIS NOW :D

Offline FuriousJack95

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
RP_HomeTown_1999 for a oldtime feel or
RP_HomeTown_2012

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
I think Gmodrp doesn't use lua instead uses something else
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 01:45:50 PM »

theres nothing else for it to use... LUA is the only way to get extra content into Garrys Mod. I dont think you can code gamemodes in modules/dlls
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »

theres nothing else for it to use... LUA is the only way to get extra content into Garrys Mod. I dont think you can code gamemodes in modules/dlls
well you can use sourcemod code they use it hl2 deathmatch rp
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline {[MR]} Heineken

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
rp_amsterville

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »

well you can use sourcemod code they use it hl2 deathmatch rp

different game engine, different code. Garry has added the LUA engine to Gmod for a reason. lol
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »
+support
A map with hometown and a small handful of people running a quality game mode is very enjoyable.

Warning issued. Only quoting another post in your post is not allowed. Read up on the forum rules ~ Crap-head
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:33:16 AM by Crap-Head »

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
Well time to revive my dead horse....

GmodRP would be a good thing to try and replace Harbor with.  My copy is 100% operational and has atvs.  So its a win-win test

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
No, you see, the reason this won't happen is because you people are not thinking in the long term. HRP used to be full all the time, it hasn't changed since then, it's just that people get bored of it. GModRP is the same thing, people will join thinking "Hey new CG server! This is awesome!" Then after the realize that it's useless to continue playing as there is no end goal or any motivation, they will stop playing. This is a serious problem with all 'RP' servers because, as a server host, we rely on the fact that people don't think about how everything they're doing is pointless and will all be gone some day. Take this as another example:
We decide that there will be a brand new server, but, the cost of this is that we have to shut down OCRP. This is an inevitable fact so there is no disputing it. Do you think people would still play and try to earn money on that server, with the knowledge that it will all be gone soon? No, they wouldn't. They would just stop playing there and wait until the new server goes up.

This applies to GModRP because it won't be fully supported. Our developers (which seems now to consist of only RTLK and Myself (me not knowing lua)) won't pump out any updates for it and the gameplay will soon become bland and repetitive.

You're going to say "No! You're wrong! I'll play on it every day!". Well, through experience, I've found that most people that say that, rarely do participate. For some, remember the thread for a suggested IRC server? Every post in that thread said "Yea we'll use it all the time!", and yet, it's just me idling in there all day. Why should we go through the effort of adding this gamemode and a new server, if it's just going to end up like that?

Yet another example:
When Adam rage quit and pulled out his Minecraft server, everyone said "We want a new one, but just leave it vanilla!". Well, look what I did, it's right there, still there, and yet, after a week, everyone stopped joining it. No one plays there anymore because it's games like these that after you reach your end game, you're done, you're ready for something new.

So no, there won't be any new RP gamemodes that we won't support. Our popular ones are OCRP and HL2RP, play there.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
About MC:

No one wants to play a shitty vanillia and the spawn areas and buildings look like doung huts that got griefed.

HRP died cause OCDM got added.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:53:33 PM by Rainbow Dash - Adam S »

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »
Relaunch HarbourRP made from scratch?

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 05:26:53 PM »
Our developers (which seems now to consist of only RTLK and Myself
Ok.

HRP died cause OCDM got added.

Also because I stopped updating it and have to finish another project.

Relaunch HarbourRP made from scratch?
Probably not going to happen, but it will get some major updates after I'm done with my project.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 05:36:22 PM »
To those replying saying "OMG WTF U FAG WAT ABUT CRAP HEAD AND TOMASAS" so I forgot two people, you're missing the god damn point of the post!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal