Author Topic: Stop the OOC racism  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
Stop the OOC racism
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:43:32 AM »
Off-topic: can you make me authorized leave in the roster? Out for a few days.

Every damn time I go on my CA, I keep as quiet as I can in OOC, because if I say one word there, everyone will go "OMFG BLACK CA11!!!", and Christopher G. Mackenzie has been pissing me off especially because of this. Sometimes admins will come to me and put nonsense stuff suggesting the OOC racism, like I came back to the office once, to a nice hunky pile of melons. When I was afk in my office and returned, someone put me behind an invisible sign with the objphysdesc along the lines of "this is a dirty NIGGER, don't feed him anything and he is mean." The excessive OOC clogs up chat, killing RP if it's bad enough, but I mean, why? What's to gain from calling me a NIGGER, using e flags to an extent just to make a racist joke, and the likes. This is a complaint, and a request, to shut the fuck up that my char is black. Big deal.

/rage

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stop the OOC racism
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »
I'll change the roster. And, off-topic, now you know how Burning Bullet feels. He gets insulted by half the admins for being black.
Live free or die

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »
Well, could you and the crew work on some sort of plan for getting less or rid of the racism?

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »
It currently isn't against our rules.
Live free or die

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »
And it won't be.

Offline eaaaa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »
Why not? It's just like flaming, but worse.
HL2RP Characters

Leonard C. Kensington / C18.MPF.ECHO-RCT.56752
A 28-year-old former MIT engineer and computer scientist, currently a recruit in the Metropolice Force.

Lilith Wright
A 23-year-old former biomedical scientist; currently an intern at the Citizen Hospital of City 18.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:08:20 AM »
The only rule about it (I was told by Rofl) is that if someone asks you to stop, you must stop at once.
It's fine being racist jokingly, but if someone is getting offended then that is where the line must be drawn.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 05:14:51 AM »
If it is offending someone, it is classed as flaming. Otherwise, it is not against the rules.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »
Er I get similar treatment because I'm a woman. To be honest racism and sexism are not ok, and there should be a rule about expressing it directly OOCly. I've seen some people shutup even though they are offended, and personally, I take most peoples sexist jokes to heart.

You should really establish more rules on OOC harrassment

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
Bromine, I feel your pain. My CA was black and every five seconds, Adam (the most notable of them, but about half the server would join in) would make racist comments. Hell, I get racist comments in just about every aspect of this community (Skype is a heavy part of this...). But, if you tell people to stop on any of the CG servers, they must stop "joking around" else they would face punishment for flaming. When receiving racist comments in other places, just try to do your best to suck it up.

However, as I said... I feel your pain. I can't stand being in Skype with Rofl's buddies as they interrupt me every five seconds to call me a "dirty n*****". At first I could handle it, but believe me the shit piles up. If everyone's blatant racism on the servers begins to pile up on you, just take a break from CGHL2RP because the last thing you want to do is do something stupid while in a fit of rage. Trust me, I've been there.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »
I have never called anyone who has a black model a nigger or say "MELONS" or something. If I did, it was a joke and I stopped. Some people just go way too far.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
I don't even get racism all together.... I thought BB was Caucasian till a couple weeks ago and it hasn't made a difference on how I view or treat him. I don't see what's funny in black jokes. Maybe its cause I'm Canadian  nd all African-American dudes up here live is quarter million dollar homes driving caddies.

Anyway, Rofl. You want this community to have players but guess what. Nobody wants to play on a server where they see racism in OOC. If I was just an average player and didn't know this server better, I'd be like "Screw this Dark RP joint. Just a bunch of people who don't know what RP is." cause that's what it seems like. You need to rethink your rules.

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
Er I get similar treatment because I'm a woman. To be honest racism and sexism are not ok, and there should be a rule about expressing it directly OOCly. I've seen some people shutup even though they are offended, and personally, I take most peoples sexist jokes to heart.

You should really establish more rules on OOC harrassment
I belive that rasisum and sexisum are the samething. It is juging someone for who they are and not what they do. People should only be judged for what they do. Peole can't change if they are black, or a woman, or both.

(There is a girl on CG? We need more of them. They are good roleplayers)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:52:05 AM by [utg] jimmygamer »
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 01:52:12 AM »
I had a black char and I deleted it because every .5 attoseconds I got called a nigger, the amount of racism I see is appualing; how are we different from DarkDM when we have people calling other people "nigger" in chat every .0000000000000000000000000000001 seconds?

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 02:00:24 AM »
I laughed because the word has changed..
Just say African American or something, nigger is also a racist term.

But you'll have to ignore people that call you black, if it's IC.
If it's OOC just say stop, admins should handle them if they continue. If not leave for a few minutes.
There's absolutely no reason for you to take a 'white character' if you can't play the 'african american'.
-Don't get offended, just trying my thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal