Author Topic: Catalyst Gaming Short Story Compilation / Contest  (Read 16927 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catalyst Gaming Short Story Compilation / Contest
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:40 AM »
what an original story i've never heard anything like it

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »
The Seven Hour War

He lay upon his back in the tall waving grass watching the bright stars.. He lights up with suprise, a shooting star! He watches it fall and fall.. But... It only gets bigger... Suddenly at around a mile in altitude it exsplodes.. Then a gargantuan, eye watering exsplosion lights up after the second; he shields his eyes from it and looks back at it.... 'My god' he says, as a rift bigger then Australia rips the space time continuim apart above the sky. Warp energy spills out across the plains as giant troop carrieng ships plow through the atmosphere. Strike cruisers follow in there wake, the size of citys! He jumps to his feet and runs, as a blindingly bright bolt of energy lances out from one of the larger ships.. The bolt strikes the ground and a huge exsplosions rips the landscape, so vast and powerfull the ground itself sends a shock wave. Earth ripping apart as chunks the size of buildings rain down. The wheat feild is set ablaze as the exsplosion desintigrates the poor kid as he trys to flee.

The same anomoly appears above New York City. 5 strike cruisers bear down from the atmosphere, massive troop carriers following. The first fires a powerfull lance strike into the Empire States Building.. At first, nothing happens.. Then a monsterous exsplosion blasts the front, out the back... The building falls back crushing thousands of fleeing civilians and wrecking buildings.. Razor shrapnel flys throw the streets shredding whom ever did't die under the falling tower. A torpedo slides out of a Strike Cruiser's tube and launches out... Then strikes home onto the Brooklin bridge.. A cataclysmic exsplosion rips the bridge in half and hurls the two halves into the city. Monsterous tidal waves form from the exsplosion and rain death and destruction. By know them military already began firing upon the vessels.. The shells impact on the shields that protect them.. Powerful beems jet out from the vessels and destroy all life in New York...

A bigger vessel Bigger then the rest looms over Japan.... A torpedo launches out and strikes the dead center of Tokoyo; an exslposion bigger then any missile fired on earth destroys Tokoyo in seconds reducing it to ash. Millions of people desintigrate in seconds as people fleed and died..

The Worst Part is when the Soldiers landed.... They stormed the streets of Los Angeles in a tidal wave of men. They showed no mercy butchering women and children alike. Dis-embowling hundreds and reducing others to ash. Flooding homes with flame thrower blasts killing the screaming inhabitents. The pitifull attempts to stop the invaders were meet by instant death.. Again and again.. One of the alienonic soldiers grabbed a wailing child.. Picked him up as though he was lighter then a feather and turned to his Apothocarian and said somthing in a bizzar alien language. And threw the child at the medic, the medic took the child back to one of the ships in low orbit.. A woman attacked the soldier with a crowbar screaming "MY BABY!" The alien blasted her with his weapon and she exsploded, sending fragments of bone and gore all over the advancing army.. Indenctured soldiers hustled past him, carrying Pulse Rifles..

The Human Defensive line fell in approximately 51 seconds... They fired into the oncoming wave of soldiers with their primitive solid shot weaponry.. The first wave fell to them, then one soldier jumped up onto the corpses with a flamer and sprayed the Marines with burning liquid promethium. The soldiers screamed as they died, their frags and ammo exsploding from the heat. More of the alien indentured soldiers charged past the line. The one with the flamer murdering more and more humans with fire.. A kid ran from him screaming.. The Flamer unit luaghed as he doused him with liquid promethium..

Earth Fell In aproximately 7 hours, 43 minutes and 57 seconds. In those Seven Hours 3.5 Billion people were killed.  All children were captured and eventually turned into either stalkers or Soldiers. All POW's, mainly the resisting soldiers were turned into the monsters of the Combine Transhuman Arm. As the City's were repared and fortified the outlieng areas became a barren wasteland known as the Outlands. The surviving humans were sorted into numbered Citys over the years.. The Combine Civil Authority was established to maintain order. Once then the Combine established gargantuan factorys and mines to rape Earth of all of it's material, The Oceans were drained, all the fish taken and compressed into Military and Civilian rations. Australia become a factory, among others, to churn out weapons of war to supply the thirsting Combine Empire.

Offline Dal Karus

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »
-text wall-

Absolutely brilliant, with an amazing twist.
Gone

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »
Mega necropost x2. But that doesn't matter as this is a stickied thread. I'm just going to wonder when the winner FINALLY gets selected?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »
when there are enough entries.

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »
Rubbish translation of a story I had to make in class;

Jake was first to awake.
He rummages through the big bag, in which they store their food stocks, he sees that there's not many food left..
And what remains of the bread is already quite hardened.
He takes a chop and takes it outside.

The day is the best they have had so far.
The skies are clear blue, there are no clouds to be seen, and the sea gently scrambles against the pebbles.
Jake is at once cheerful.

He walks a little way along the beach, and watches the tracks in the gravel..
What if the boat did indeed crash into the coast.
But even though he does his little walk, he does not find anything...

Occasionally a vague feeling comes over him, that he is being watched.
If he overviews the sea, there's nothing to see except small ripples on the calm water.

After a while, he returns to the tent, which already appears to be broken down by Duncan and Ian.
They're sitting in front of their bags, chewing on some dried meat, while their father, William is gathering his measuring equipment.
 "Ah, there you are!" yells William when he sees Jake,
 "We already wondered where you went."
 "Piece of meat?" asks Ian.
 "No, thanks, I already had some bread." says Jake
 "Water?" Ian replies.
Jake takes Ian's pouch filled with water, and drinks a big gulp.
Luckily that it's a rainy season, because the collected water is usually better than the water from the pools they find.
 "Duncan told me that we're going further to the North, where the bay is." says William, "There is where we are headed, the first part of the trip will be just walking, then when we finally reach it, we continue the job."

Apparently they will just continue as if nothing happened.
It amazes Jake, but at the same time, he knows there's nothing else left to do.
They grab their things together. Jake carries the bag with poles, measuring rope and his blankets.
And the others carry the other stuff.

The first part they walk across the beach, the stones crunching under their feet.
Jake can't resist occasionally watching his left, longing for the sea.
It would have been a lot faster if they still had their boat.

He scares when he sees a white spot on the sea in his corner of his eye, it's a boat!
And this boat does not disappear as very occasionally happens lately.
If Jake focuses he can see multiple boats, with low bows.

"Those are merchant ships." says his father, "Didn't I say that earlier? This is a busy trade route.."
"Maybe we can manage to stop one." says Ian, "So we can drift along with them for a while."
Jake looks at Ian angrily, but the others laugh and walk along.
Faster than Jake had expected, they are at the point where they stopped, yesterday.
They all agree, Ian and Duncan will travel on and set up the tents further along the coast, and take care of something to eat.
Jake and his father follow the same route, as much to the coast as possible, so then it will be hard for them to lose each other.

William has found another piece of flat land, and searches for the highest point on the Islands across them.
Then William designates where Jake should hit the first pole.
Jake drops the measuring rope and hits multiple poles into the ground.

They work in silence, William sometimes stops and makes sketches in his book, and then Jake picks up the measuring rope and the poles, to place them somewhere else.
If he does this for around the fifth time he notices he had hit more into the ground than he picks up..
He is almost certain that the bag was filled this morning, now it's missing poles.
His sharp eyes, glide along the flat surface. Except seeing hills, grass and birds he spots nothing unusual.
Nothing wrong, he must have forgotten some, there's nothing else to do than creating new poles.

I'm taking my break here, if I somehow get reminded or remember I will continue translating.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:47:51 PM by Martinerrr »

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=6471.0

Okay. I wrote this a few days ago- not for this thread, I just noticed this and thought I've give it a shot. I know it said no in game experiences, but most of it is more  exaggerated/detailed experiences.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Dal Karus

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 07:41:12 PM »
WIP
Stars twinkled undesturbed in the void, all seems well. Nothing out of the ordinary in any shape, way or form. Farouke looks out the view port on the ISS.. He could never get sick of this view. A voice calls out "Farouke! That computer is fucking glitching again!" He could tell the voice was from John. "Coming!" He replys. He reluctantly tears his gaze away from the view port and floats towards where John called him from.

In the Busy Command Bridge Junior Officers, Commanders, serfs, pilots, gunners and everything to do with a ship busied themselves. The view ports were shut with 6 foot thick titanium blast doors. The entry doors up with a hiss as they glide into the walls and shut with a loud clank. A voice yelled out "ATEN-TION! Officer on deck!" All hands came to attention as the Warmaster entered the bridge. His large, alionic form dominated the bridge. "You all know that the War on Cryth is costing the Union more then we can afford." He said in his deep, brass, resonet voice "and the planet known as Earth holds a population hovering around six billion. Our mission: Take the planet, enslave the population to create our weapons of war, and to use the life their to create new soldiers. We estimate the planet will fall in one day. But High Command always over estimates; let's prove them wrong, gentlemen." He moved closer and said "As you were." Everyone returned to what they were doing. "Hensen! Bring us out of Warp." "Aye, sir!" He replied. The ship shuddered and the sound of tortured metal filled the ship. "Power down the Gellar feild. Raise blast sheilds and sheilds." "Yes sir!" Another said. He pointed to a communication officer, "Signal all ships to prepare for invasion, battle protacol Gamma." "Aye, sir." he replied and relayed the info. The Warmaster pointed at the Weapon Master, "Prepare all Bow, Stern, and Port weapon batteries. "Aye sir!" The Warmaster nodded. "Communication, did you hear that order?" "Yes sir!" "Good, relay that order to all craft." He looked at a rune board to see that all ships had done so, they did, they always do; or they die. He pressed a rune with his monsterous finger and said "All craft bring it into High Orbit and prepare for invasion." An officer yelled "Sir enemy space station crossing our orbital path!" He pointed at Master of Infanty "Prepare boarding pods!"

With a resonate boom one, of the smallest boarding pods rushed forth into the Void. They screamed into silence at a direct path towards the ISS. Leader of Tactical Squad Keplar was Squad Leader Veii. His comm sparked into life, the Warmaster's voice came through "The invasion cannot begin unless we take out that station, see if it has any weapons. If women are present, kill them, take the men; if their society has deemed them to go into space then they will make good soldiers. "Yes sir." He replied, his cranium shaking voice rang out. "Alright, we are taking the station. Take the men, kill the women." Then, the boarding pod slammed into the ISS, they could hear metal bending and snapping. The boarding pod fit so snug that the void couldn't rush in. A man in a blue jump suit flew back and slammed into a wall from the force of the impact. Bits of metal floated in mid air. The boarding door busted off it's hinges and left a huge dent in the wall. The 5 aliens walked out, energy weapons chasing for targets. Farouke tried to "float" Away, but Veii's lightning quick reflexes and huge arm caught him. "He doesn't look like a fighting man." he said "No matter." He crushed Farouke's skull like it was tin foil.  Blood and fragments of skull floated lazily. he blink clicked a rune in his helmet, his boots mag locked to the floor. He walked and kicked open a bulk head. "Keplar squad move out, male or not, if they resist, kill them." He saw a man and a woman standing in shock. They stared at the giant "We want nothing but peace." Said the woman, trying to be a diplomat. "Silly human." He said in broken english, he kicked he chest in and she slammed into the oposite wall. The man screamed and his face was immolated by the pulse cannon. "What's all the yelling?!" A man said, floating in the bulk head. He screamed "HELP!" When he saw the aliens and dead bodies. Veii fired one round into his stomach, ripping the man in half. He punched his yelling torso in the face so hard his fist went out the back of his head. He moved on. He looked at the cowering humans. He said into his helm link "Warmaster, sir, there is absolutely nothing dangerous here, all the men and women alike are un armed cowards." "Return." He replied.

The couple were interlocked in a sexual embrase. The woman put her head back and let out a moan of pleasure. The man grunted in reply. Then, suddenly, a deafening exsplosion was heard. The whole building shuddered and the sound of metal bending beyond normal capacity was heard. They broke apart, the woman said in a mild Italian accent "What's happening?" "I don't know." Replied the man in a thick Russian accent. They hastily put their cloths on. The woman opened the door to the cramped appartment and stepped out, looking up and down the hallway. Many other tenants were doing the same.

Sergeant Uzas and his Squad of the First and Foremost Berserkers stormed down the stair well. They were tall, atleast 3 meters, easily. Thier armor was bedecked with spikes, skulls on chains, and images of gruesome violence. They carried large Pulse Rifles. Uzas was infront, he jumped a whole flight and saw a human stand before him. Before the man could yell he had already ripped his throat out. Red blood sprayed his armor as he silently slumped agaisnt the wall. Uzas kicked the door off it's hinges and moved down the hall. People were talking in terror of why the building shook so bad. They saw Uzas and his four Berserkers. Their eyes opened in terror, they began to flee and Uzas spoke one word, "Kill." Their Pulse Rifles filled the hall with an Unholy light. Blasting people apart a door slammed shut. Uzas pointed at it and said "Talos!" The white armoured Apothocarie ran forth and kicked the door in.

She was Climbing into the vent, her boy friend was pushing her ass in. "Hurry!" She said in a panicked whisper. "No, go with out me, I'll be there in a minute." With that, he closed the vent. She climbed aroudn the corner of the vent shaft and poked her head around the corner to watch him. "Come on... Come on..." She whispered under her breath. The door to the appartment busted off it's hinges and a huge, armoured giant walked in.  She put her hand in her mouth to stop from screaming. Her boyfriend yelled at the giant "We are just civilians!" The giant paid no heed, a silver blade extended from under the barrel of his alien rifle. He was about to deliver the killing blow, but a streak of bright white slammed the building, she was blinded for a moment. She fled down the vent shaft.

"TAKE COVER!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. As buildings collapsed, tracers flew in every direction. The sound of exsplosions and gun fire filled the air. Soldiers wrapped in iron, which looked fairly human. Stormed down the street, their faces were also wrapped in iron, only leaving two eye slits and a mouth opening.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:41:03 PM by Secondus »
Gone

Offline Darko

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 04:14:24 AM »
Mega necropost x2. But that doesn't matter as this is a stickied thread. I'm just going to wonder when the winner FINALLY gets selected?
The Dream
By: Darko

White sand, salty air, blue water and a whole lot of nothing as far as I can see. I remembered where I was, back home in Florida. I know I'm not really there, I know this sand isn't real and I know the sun doesn't shine this bright, at least not anymore. I looked around for a moment, I saw my wife and my kids, how I missed them so much. Timmy looked like he was having fun in the water while his mother and sister were building sand castles. I started to walk over to them, they looked at me with bright happy faces as I joined my wife and daughter in the sand.

"What are you building Casey?" I asked my five year old. "I'm building sand castles with mommy!" she answered back. I looked at my pregnant wife and smiled, she smiled back at me. We played in the sand for about an hour, building a large house shaped sand castle. I started to think to myself, "How is this a sand castle anyway? Its made of sand sure, but its not a castle. Whatever." I sat near my wife and rubbed her stomach. "Just another month right?" I said as I looked at her. She nodded at me as I smiled at her.

After playing with them I grabbed a surf board and went after my son. He had always been a better surfer, even though I taught him everything he knows. We started to compete with each other on who could ride the better wave. I ended up loosing of course though I admit we had fun. We surfed for a few hours, but I knew what would happen next, as I've lived this dream over and over again.  I stand there on my board as I notice a large dark cloud quickly making its way towards us.

I scream to my family, telling them to get away from the beach but I already knew it was too late. I turn to my sun, as I see him get struck down by lightning. Knowing it was too late to help him I quickly make my way back to the beach, where my wife and daughter were. I soon reached the beach, though it was too late. I looked around for them as I saw strange men wearing suits of dark blue and brown. One had a mask with glowing blue eyes while the other had a mask with glowing red eyes. I saw my wife and daughter run as the red eyed one held up his weapon and shoot at them. He killed my daughter, I yelled as she lie there on the ground dead. My wife was clearly hurt but she kept running, the blue eyed one held up his weapon as he poured rounds into her. Grieving over the death of my family I stand there before falling to my knees, crying. The men notice me as the approach me. The red eyed one picked my head up with his weapon, looking me right in the eyes before pulling the trigger.

At this point I wake up, I'm in a dark cell, my arms chained to the wall. I look around briefly before a man walks in. His mask was like the ones that the men wore, but it was white not blue or brown. I looked at him with fear in my eyes. He just stared at me, cold and unfeeling. He pulled out his side arm, a pistol of some sort. "It's over," the man said holding the gun to my head. "Thank you," I whispered as he pulled the trigger.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
so who won the contest

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards