Author Topic: Inactivity  (Read 6740 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Inactivity
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
For the last two days I've noticed HRP hasn't been too active. Why? I don't know. I'd like to know what you guys want changed as obviously something is wrong seeing as HRP hasn't been past 10 players in two days. Let me know what you guys want changed and I'll do my best to do it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Camoâ?¢

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Inactivity
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »
How about add another gamemode thats different, no one likes RP anymore cause it's the same thing over and over again, it's no fun, Roflwaffle you didn't respond about what I said in steam chat before. Maybe that will help in sparking this community.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »
I agree. RP is just the same old same old. The original PERP set the bar too high for others to compete. Hell, Hunts made a shitload off of it... We need a new, revolutionary gametype to boost the popularity of HRP. I suggest we change the HRP gamemode, get rid of anything related to Dark(herp derp) RP and add features that are unique, such as a coast guard station, an oil rig, gas system, fixed weapons system, the stock market, weather, custom boat shops, and even get rid of the freaking airboat! The suggestions section should be used more!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:09:53 PM by BulletMan »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
There isn't much to do on it, and the lack of solid land makes it hard for me to think of RP'ish things to do, IMO.
Add some more serious RP features, make it less like a sandbox server, add more expansive features and jobs etc.

The main thing for me is it feels like a game mode that isn't quite sure of what it's suppost to be, in the fact that it feels more like a sandbox and a server you just mess about on and less like an RP server, that is taken a bit more seriously.

idk if thats just my personal oppinion and feeling towards it.

Bottom line: it dosen't feel like an RP server to me.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »
I'll talk to KaySeth about possibly adding a somewhat decent sized city. I don't know what we're at as far as source limits go right now.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:56:41 PM »
Need GMR server.

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 12:08:41 AM »
You should bring HL2 RP back

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 02:32:18 AM »
I think with the apocalypse, it set the bar very high for people who just came on for that,then they see it isn't there and don't come back. I know you did it for the good etc,but it may of set the bar higher than normal HRP is.

But yeah,like everybody else is saying, we need a new and completely different gamemode.
what

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 05:06:16 AM »
More events, more buildings in the new map, a Team Death-Match of some sort as a extra server?

Edit: The C:SS server wasn't very popular as that is a TDM, but i've been making a map over the past 4 days to prove my mapping skills.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:53 AM »
nerp ^ Again, GMR. Or Fretta. Fretta is always popular.

Offline Roqj

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 07:03:42 AM »
nerp ^ Again, GMR. Or Fretta. Fretta is always popular.

Popular gamemodes aren't always the solution as it's been done with many Communities before us.

Looliiz

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:15:56 AM »
School work :/ i dont have much time home those days

Offline Kooler than you?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »
I agree With the people who said it was the map. For one the island was taken off of a TTT Map. I would like to see a Whole redone Island Made By Kayseth. Also theres not that many Jobs Maybe add some more i Wouldn't know what But still some more Jobs would be nice. And the City Port Who ever Said A CoastGaurd Station That would be awesome Because People Always Make the stations so you can't get any packages through. Now one of the major problems When the Speed boat came out people were expecting A Model Like this

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://autotransport365.com/images/Speed-boat.jpg&imgrefurl=http://autotransport365.com/boat.html&usg=__W1MP4vzVmxHdx1pRRUc_ddHrHBI=&h=293&w=550&sz=23&hl=en&start=0&sig2=XOjee-SplvvXr4iwt0DrkA&zoom=1&tbnid=FPqFHzZe64lNMM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=174&ei=B7NvTcqPKoK4sAPygqy8Cw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSPEED%2BBOAT%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D890%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1036&vpy=142&dur=1348&hovh=164&hovw=308&tx=213&ty=99&oei=B7NvTcqPKoK4sAPygqy8Cw&page=1&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

Now i know its a long Link But I Really Think you should have a made a Custom Model For it.
Thats All i really have to say right now on what could be improved.

Offline Jizzypantz?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
Richie Hager got on

FORUM :)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 01:34:44 PM »
A few additions you could consider: Adding a Medic job. that would bring a few cool things like a medic chopper
(If you did the chopper idea maybe only allow 1 chopper and the mayor or CMO are the only people that can allow it to spawn, to stop rubbish flyers) and boats, as i can think of a few good RP scenarios like airlifting a patient.

Add more passive trade items like in OCRP, there was a lot of stuff you could sell instead of just weapons and ammo.

I'll try and think of a few more things soon but i hope you at least consider those suggestions.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal