Author Topic: [POLL] ArmA 2 ( And pref. OA also)  (Read 15801 times)

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [POLL] ArmA 2 ( And pref. OA also)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
does this mean ARMA 2 roleplay, rickroller has died.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
its not roleplay, it's just organized

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
does this mean ARMA 2 roleplay, rickroller has died.
Yes, in GMod. Arma2 roleplay.
No silly, a dedicated (serious)Arma2 server.

Offline frostwolf

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »
This is an epic Idea.

I love arma 2 just that I never played online much because I never got into a good group. If we do get one thought it should be organized.

If being put into a squad I would prefer basic infantrymen. Going up first with a group of people good for me. One thing, never ever put me in charge of anything air vehical, I can guarantee you I will crash, I suck at flying things.

There should be mods thought , ace and zeus AI are pretty good (as mentioned before)   

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:05 PM »
GUYS! Did you ever here of City Life RPG, that is ARMA 2's roleplay. Not in gmod. Im not a idiot. The ARMA engine is better for roleplay.

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 08:47:30 PM »
Though that is epic, seeing as I was part of the 42nd Air Division clan of ArmA2 as a mixed helicopter pilot and artillery coordinator I can understand why everyone would want it to be a serious server and such with realism mods.

The problem is ACE2 itself is a heavy mod that is pretty big, and takes forever to download not to mention it isn't the easiest piece to install. Not to mention, this is a gaming community, as you can observe in other servers it would be next to impossible to establish a completely serious gaming server without the classical noob or silly player running about and ruining the game.

Such servers and Operations require very dedicated united and organized clans, something communities will never have. I'm not saying CG is a bad community, it is superb. But, the matter of the fact is, it just is to big and to popular to succeed in realism.

Thus, the gamemodes would have to be Domination or Warfare, which are created for mass amounts of players and not to mention are pretty fun anyways!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I can't possibly agree more with the above post.  No offence to anybody at CG, but I really doubt anybody here is cut out for a serious, tactical unit.

Warfare, domination, zargabad life or insurgency etc would be far more suitable, on vanilla combined ops.
I am cutout for it. Ask Jigger and others, they know I take OCRP seriously. I also used to be in ARMA 2 Roleplay Cop. I do tatical raids, just that no cops cooperates.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »
hello my name is lt. fishy im with the united catalyst army.

SQUADRON ALPHA-TANGO-ECHO ROSTER:
Lt. Fishy - Anti-tank / Squadron Lead
Sgt. Smt - Blackhawk Pilot / Recon Support
PfC. _______ - Anti-tank
Pvt. _______ - Anti-tank
Pvt. _______ - Ammo Carrier / Rear Guard

Quote / Reply to this post to apply for a position.
Ill apply as the Ammo Carrier/Rear Guard. I play a lot of domination on both Zargabad and Chearnus. Id happy to apply.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »
I can't possibly agree more with the above post.  No offence to anybody at CG, but I really doubt anybody here is cut out for a serious, tactical unit.

Warfare, domination, zargabad life or insurgency etc would be far more suitable, on vanilla combined ops.
I am cutout for it. Ask Jigger and others, they know I take OCRP seriously. I also used to be in ARMA 2 Roleplay Cop. I do tatical raids, just that no cops cooperates.

This is may simply be an assumption, but OCRP doesn't seem to be remotely near the "seriousness level" of Arma 2.
o7

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
ArmA2 requires a real dedication and seriousness in what your doing not mention hours, yes I said hours, of training in specifications just to complete them properly.

Domination is not a realism or intense strategy mode, it is a mild have fun and shoot stuff sort of mode. If anyone would like to discuss this with me, come well armed. Also, remember I have over 100 hours in ArmA2 serious clan matches.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »

This is may simply be an assumption, but OCRP doesn't seem to be remotely near the "seriousness level" of Arma 2.
Dont you know. Im the only serious cop on ocrp. EDIT: I play domination. I like Zargabard the best. I usually play medic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:07:21 PM by Fancy Soviet Viking?rickroller? »

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 03:08:22 AM »
If we did get an a2 server, I wouldn't put any form of chernarus life on it. It sucks fat dick.
what

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 04:25:44 AM »
If we did get an a2 server, I wouldn't put any form of chernarus life on it. It sucks fat dick.
Seemingly the petition is winning, start making the squad.xml. Lt. Bacon (c wat i did thar)

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
Dont you know. Im the only serious cop on ocrp. EDIT: I play domination. I like Zargabard the best. I usually play medic.

For the record, Domination does not count as a tactical gaming mode and your map preference doesn't matter at all. Zargabad is the most fast paced and MW2 like one though, hmmmmm. I think what Hoplite has been trying to inform you of is that your making a fool of yourself. - Sincerely Kassendraw 42nd Artillary Commander (56 hours of serious matches)

On another note if you need different game modes or maps for any tactical situations I am quite proficient in level developing, this includes scripting. This will be, interesting to say the least..

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:13 AM »
On another note if you need different game modes or maps for any tactical situations I am quite proficient in level developing, this includes scripting. This will be, interesting to say the least..

If your glad to help then you can, i don't mind.

Yeah, i'll start making some things if rofl decides to do this. It will be based on a recent book i read of 16th Air Assault Brigades deployment in afghanistan in 2006. I will start out with easy company of 3 para(possibs a platoon in it) then gradually grow.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal