Author Topic: Crash on sending Client Info  (Read 8029 times)

Offline 69? THE COLOR OF LAMP.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Crash on sending Client Info
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
For some reason, When ever I try joining the server and get to the point "Sending Client Info", My Whole game
Crashes. This is the only server I have this problem with. Basically I can join Every server but this one. The strange thing is I could join fine just the day before. Any information and help would be Greatly Appreciated.

-Nick O'Reilly (Nheuwetter)

Offline vFear?

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Crash on sending Client Info
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:22:19 AM »
Launch Singleplayer prior to joining any multi-player server as it loads the content. I have to go this for Garry's Mod Tower. I just launch a single-player game, shoot my pistol twice, blow myself up with an RPG then start connecting to the server.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:53 PM »
1. Restart GMOD.
Fixed? If not:
2. Start your own multiplayer server and join the server you want from there.
Fixed? If not:
3. Close steam and go to your Steam directory ( Not Steamapps. ) and delete "ClientRegistry.blob" and let Steam update. Then do step two and most issues should be fixed.

This is mostly what I would've suggested aswell, as I've learned about these techniques through personal experiences, but the information was taken from another forum. Credits go to Genesis Roleplay (GRP), Niko (A GRP Senior Admin who posted the information), and Lewis (Iminiman, a Senior Admin on GRP, who sent me the information and allowed me to use it).

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
Launch Singleplayer prior to joining any multi-player server as it loads the content. I have to go this for Garry's Mod Tower. I just launch a single-player game, shoot my pistol twice, blow myself up with an RPG then start connecting to the server.

If this doesn't fix the issue, verify chache integrity, and or defrag files. Then start single player then join the server.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal