Author Topic: Computer Problems - In the process of being resolved.  (Read 3700 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Computer Problems - In the process of being resolved.
« on: June 26, 2011, 12:21:41 AM »
Having serious issues with my CPU and motherboard. Any CPU-intensive application (includes Gmod) causes me to BSOD, so I'm not going to be able to get on HL2RP until I can get the problem fixed. I can still handle the UCA OOCly, but don't expect me on SeC.602 until I can afford a new motherboard and RAM or play on a friend's computer. The motherboard is $55 USD and the RAM is about $50 USD. Feel free to help me out with the costs.

Edit: I'm trying to avoid having to buy all of this stuff. I may be able to get some spare parts from my uncle. He's at a family reunion so he can't do it now. I should expect them within the next few weeks. The chance of being able to fix the issue is almost ZERO, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit Two: Yankee will be the Acting SeC.... until I can get back on GMOD.

EDIT THREE :D....... I borrowed some money and got a new (extremely cheap but great reviews) mobo and RAM. I'll shoot for the end of this week to be back online. I'm typing this from my laptop.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 12:38:11 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Computer Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:51:56 AM »
Try safe mode >msconfig and disable everything except microsoft in the services and programs, then reboot.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
Yankee will be the Acting SeC.... until I can get back on GMOD.

Oh dear lord here let me just ship you my dads old computer. Nah lol

But yeah try what RTLK said cause i doubt its a problem with the hardware unless its what happen to me and it was a bad sata cord causing my computer to lockup and bluescreen.  When you bluescreen copy the error code.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
Having serious issues with my CPU and motherboard. Any CPU-intensive application (includes Gmod) causes me to BSOD, so I'm not going to be able to get on HL2RP until I can get the problem fixed. I can still handle the UCA OOCly, but don't expect me on SeC.602 until I can afford a new motherboard and RAM or play on a friend's computer. The motherboard is $55 USD and the RAM is about $50 USD. Feel free to help me out with the costs.

Edit: I'm trying to avoid having to buy all of this stuff. I may be able to get some spare parts from my uncle. He's at a family reunion so he can't do it now. I should expect them within the next few weeks. The chance of being able to fix the issue is almost ZERO, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edit Two: Yankee will be the Acting SeC.... until I can get back on GMOD.
Your CPU is not the issue. What is cooling your CPU is the issue, this sounds like a overheating. Also, what does RAM have to do with this?

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:36:33 PM »
GREAT NEWS GUYS! I recently borrowed some money (and started up my job again to get it paid back) and ordered a new motherboard and RAM. They're both cheap but have good reviews and get the job done.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
GREAT NEWS GUYS! I recently borrowed some money (and started up my job again to get it paid back) and ordered a new motherboard and RAM. They're both cheap but have good reviews and get the job done.
You made sure everything was compatible right? Like socket type n shit?

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Computer Problems - In the process of being resolved.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
Built my PC all over again with new parts. Back online. Locked.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:59:33 PM by Burning Skillet »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal