Author Topic: Tracking down GMR1  (Read 14745 times)

Offline W??W

• View Profile
    • Awards
Tracking down GMR1
« on: August 15, 2022, 09:45:28 PM »
For the better part of a few years. (And I am putting that lightly.)
I have been trying to track down the source of the gamemode "GMR1", anybody that knows how I could get my hands on it?
If I need special permission from somebody, tell me who and how to get in contact with them.
If it comes down to money, then even that can be arranged.
All I wish, is to bring back an old classic to the modern Gmod world.

EDIT: Last GMR was discussed in this community was back in 2014. Today I checked the Steeamworkshop and saw this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1726425641
As of 2019, the person claims to have ported the gamemode into modern Gmod and fixed all the known issues, however I can not verify this as he did not supply the gamemode in the said workshop file.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:52:07 PM by W??W »

Offline W??W

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tracking down GMR1
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 10:25:17 PM »
Update: I have obtained "PootisNetwork's" version of the gamemode, a 'fix' due to various Garry's Mod updates over the years.
Unfortunately it's last update was in 2019 and therefore is again, rendered unplayable until I can find a dev to fix it.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tracking down GMR1
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 04:58:09 PM »
Trying to "revive" a decade old gamemode is so pointless, I highly doubt it even exists let alone find a poor soul willing to do it.
Take it from me, but making a new gamemode from sketch is probably way less work and way more future-proof than trying to keep up with that old garbage code.

Not to mention it is absolutely not worth the investment as every single past attempts to 'revive' GMR back in the day when it was still well known among communities was already gone in vain as the servers would be dead within a week. Let alone now, a dozen years later when everyone has forgotten about it and nobody cares anymore.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal