Author Topic: Where did all the serious RP'ers go?  (Read 7331 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Where did all the serious RP'ers go?
« on: April 10, 2016, 09:03:23 PM »
A couple years ago, Serious RP was alive and well. It was an extremely popular gamemode. Today, the amount of serious RP servers have dropped and so did the actual player count of serious role-players. Some of the serious role-play servers are semi-serious at best, and the ones that are not suffer from bad administration or are just bad servers in general.

So my question is, where did everybody go? People generally don't just disappear into thin air. Are there other games that they flocked to?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Where did all the serious RP'ers go?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »
People are fickle so probably got bored and moved on to other games. Plus Gmod shows its age so younger people probably don't want to play it.

They moved onto their COD's and BF's and GTA's.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »
Taco N Banana is still the only serious rp spot i know of. I still poke in there with my 2 characters from time to time.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 07:59:23 PM »
Still here, waiting, trying to get something going again with people.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
Serious RPers cannot be created nor destroyed, simply displaced
have a nice day :)

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 11:50:11 PM »
Yeah i'm also still here and waiting.  I poke my head into the website every couple months or so to check on if anything is happening but nope.  I still have hope for the future and i'm CG would have a stronger fan base than before.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »
Got bored waiting for the new CGRP, left, went to Uni, came back now because I was bored and saw Gmod discussion asking "why to people hate HL2RP" CG popped back into my head and I came back to find a rotting carcass, just gonna bury it and move on.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 01:25:46 AM »
Nothing like Necro-posting a 6 month old thread that's dead in the dust.

Honestly I don't know, I think it's because the workshop was introduced and with it came a lot of kids who flooded the gamemode. A lot of the more mature players just kinda gave up on the gamemode, and it's gradually died out ever since. Kinda sad, really. I think the possibility of a server coming up with old-style concepts is still possible, but any of the old-old fags required to make that happen would have to get off their fat asses to do it. Everyone who visits this forum is basically just a saltier version of their younger self, who now knows all the drama and shit behind servers so no one wants to run it.

Ironically I find myself visiting the Catalyst Gaming forums a lot more often now.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 03:49:21 AM »
#NeverLetItDie

Since this thread is now alive again, don't mind if I do post a little something something here. Remember kids, being a black normie member is better than a gold elitist.  8)

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 08:23:48 AM »
All the oldschool all gone
Theres a few holdouts but theyre deluded holdouts like the Japanese marines
Its the newwave of RP today

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal