Author Topic: Gmod Party  (Read 4442 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gmod Party
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:35:41 AM »
While I forgive abbott since it might look like I was trying to necro/be a dick, I honestly wanted to talk about the gamemode.

Looking back at it, I would without a doubt play it. So I was thinking, I'm sure the code is around somewhere, so what if once CGRP/HRP2 get up and running, we look into porting it over? It can be done, OCRP was ported over to Gmod 13.

Here's the thread if you want to know more about it: https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=11.0
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gmod Party
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »
i really doubt gmod party is being developed anymore, at least not for CG

if im not mistaken as well, when we did have it up, it was really fucking difficult to even win anything and all the cosmetic shit you could get cost like a fuck ton to the point it was almost "donate a lot to get some shitty bucket hat since itd take you 10 weeks to even get it by playing normally"

but ye that bump was really random asf and looked somewhat like a loophole attempt though now i guess not but heyho i didnt warn or anything, plus it probably was a better idea to make a new thread about it anyway lol

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
Last time we tried to fix crap head code, the community lost ocrp.

Also we know your antecs cow and all the stupid shit you do. Don't be offended when you do something questionable and get in shit for it. It doesn't help your bad reputation in any way.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
It would be cool to have some of the old gamemodes back that we used to have that wasn't RP, like GMR. But, as we all know, they all die after a while for some reason so sadly there is no point in trying anymore.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:48:55 PM »

Also we know your antecs cow and all the stupid shit you do. Don't be offended when you do something questionable and get in shit for it. It doesn't help your bad reputation in any way.

Statua, I am kindly asking you to take your negativity elsewhere. I wasn't offended or anything, if you can't participate in a peaceful discussion then please do not post in this thread. Thank you.

It would be cool to have some of the old gamemodes back that we used to have that wasn't RP, like GMR. But, as we all know, they all die after a while for some reason so sadly there is no point in trying anymore.

I thought GMR was a great gamemode, but one of the major issues I had with it was how if somebody donated a bunch or grinded and basically had the best stuff in the game, it made it unfun for myself and everyone else who weren't very "leveled". While I do think that people that spent all that time/money should have better cars, the difference between and new player and a P2W/Grinder was simply to large. That was the single thing that ruined it for me honestly.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »

I thought GMR was a great gamemode, but one of the major issues I had with it was how if somebody donated a bunch or grinded and basically had the best stuff in the game, it made it unfun for myself and everyone else who weren't very "leveled". While I do think that people that spent all that time/money should have better cars, the difference between and new player and a P2W/Grinder was simply to large. That was the single thing that ruined it for me honestly.

I agree. I am sure that someone could come up with a way to make that better, like let new people start with decent cars so the grind isn't that long, reduce P2W, etc. Same for every other gamemode that was flawed in one way or another and eventually died out, the question is just if anyone even wants to bother anymore. We've tried many times before to launch all kinds of servers; nothing worked out in the long run (not counting RP). While I'd love to have other servers with good pop, like GMR or something, I just don't see it happening. How long did GMR last last time we had it running? A few months?

..I guess if people /really/ want to try again with "fixes" to make it more appealing for new people it would be possible.. I just don't think a lot of people here have much hope for anything anymore tbh

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 07:22:59 PM »

Statua, I am kindly asking you to take your negativity elsewhere. I wasn't offended or anything, if you can't participate in a peaceful discussion then please do not post in this thread. Thank you.

I never thought the P2W feature was bad at all, you still got money regardless.  I could see if it drastically impacted your way of actually progressing but it really didn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal