Author Topic: Quoting still doesn\'t work for me  (Read 18335 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Quoting still doesn\'t work for me
« on: June 15, 2015, 05:28:56 AM »
Ever since I was an admin, I've been unable to quote and the same issue was for others too. Is this ever going to get fixed because it can be quite inconvenient to be unable to quote.

What happens when I try to quote is that it doesn't actually quote the post, but just snaps down to quick reply and leaves it blank. It also doesn't work if I hit 'Insert Quote' in the full reply page. There is also an issue in that if I try to use Quick Edit on my own posts, it will also show up blank and also remove my post subject, so I've had to use Modify to edit any of my posts.

Post Auto-Merged: June 15, 2015, 05:30:10 AM
https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=29801.0

I forgot that I already made a thread about this issue, but this post has more detail in it and it kinda shows how long it's been since the issue was raised with no fix.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Quoting still doesn\'t work for me
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 10:29:05 AM »
Yeah it's pissing me of too. What makes it worse is that some can quote, and others cannot. And there is absolutely no logical explanation between the two.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:32:44 PM »
Ever since I was an admin, I've been unable to quote and the same issue was for others too. Is this ever going to get fixed because it can be quite inconvenient to be unable to quote.

What happens when I try to quote is that it doesn't actually quote the post, but just snaps down to quick reply and leaves it blank. It also doesn't work if I hit 'Insert Quote' in the full reply page. There is also an issue in that if I try to use Quick Edit on my own posts, it will also show up blank and also remove my post subject, so I've had to use Modify to edit any of my posts.

Post Auto-Merged: June 15, 2015, 05:30:10 AM
https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=29801.0

I forgot that I already made a thread about this issue, but this post has more detail in it and it kinda shows how long it's been since the issue was raised with no fix.

Well I don't seem to be having a problem with it, but yes, it does need to be fixed.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
I know, I have it on my list, but there are a lot more pressing issues at the moment and we don't have the money/time to devote to issues like this. Right now it's just amazing the website and game server are running. If we had any expendable revenue, we would fix these issues, but as most members are very much aware, we run month to month on donations and quite often Waffle has to foot the bill for our servers. This means that any downtime to fix an issue will almost guarantee that we won't break even that month.

I guess while I'm here I'll add a comment on a few things we're working on.

HRP2 has been sidelined in order to devote our available resources to getting CGRP to a presentable form. With the lack of funding our options to gain interest from other parties (read: developers), is slim. We have to work with our current set of staff, who generously work on a promise, which means a slow pace of development.

In regard to our current infrastructure issues, we had an attack on our back end server which hosted our centralized management, VPN, and Database. This was a major blow to the network and we are now running at a far limited capacity. To resolve these issues we would need at least 30 hours of downtime, and like I stated before, that would mean us not being able to make our quota for the month. However, until these repairs are made, we are stuck in a position where we can't continue development on many projects due to our limited flexibility.

All the problems stem from how HRP's player base is shrinking. We understand the instabilities with the server, however our primary goal at the moment is trying to gain interest in our future projects.

Lastly, I'll plug in here that if you're interested in aiding in any way, we appreciate donations of any kind. If you don't want credits and wish to donate other amounts, please contact the owner and he will work something out with you.
If you are a person who could assist with development, we are looking for Lua developers who could assist with either fixing existing problems with HRP or development on CGRP. If you're interested, please send me a message either on our forums or on Steam.

Thanks

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »
Somone why not put that last bit into news?

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
Somone why not put that last bit into news?
Because it's not news worthy? Just the same stuff nothing new, we are all aware.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:26:48 PM by Adam S of The DPRK »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »
there will still be those who don't know and may not check this thread because the title is semi-unrelated to these issues

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal