Author Topic: Refunds are coming to Steam whether Valve likes it or not-  (Read 4377 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Refunds are coming to Steam whether Valve likes it or not-
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:03 PM »

-European Union consumer rights directive is now in effect.  Which means all digital sales are privy to 14 day full refunds without questions to those in the UE. This also means consumer protection is likely to spread across other countries like the US, Canada, Australia, NZ, ect, as market trends over the years can be compared between nations.
This is good for both consumers and developers because people are going to more likely to take the plunge without having to spoil many aspects of the game for themselves while trying to research it in order to be sure it is quality.
Although this system is open for abuse, it will evolve and abuse will be harder to pull off. Overall I believe this is a net win, for people will be more likely to impulse buy and try new things. Developers will be more likely to try new things for people will be less likely to regret their purchases.
Just imagine, all the people who bought CoD, or Dayz, or Colonial Marines, they could have instead of being made upset, turned around and gave their money to a developer who they felt deserved it more. CoD lied about dedicated servers, Dayz lies about being in a playable and testable state, and Colonial Marines lied about almost everything. All of those games would have rightly suffered monetarily.
I'm looking for the most up to date version of this, will post.

Aww yiss, time to buy all my games on HMA so I can refund all these shitty fucking games. Pls move to news and announcements.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Refunds are coming to Steam whether Valve likes it or not-
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:03:19 AM »
About time. It'll be interesting to see how many people will abuse the fuck out of it.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 05:08:31 AM »
once you start downloading or streaming then you forfeit your right to a refund btw you need to go read it in more detail

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:41:41 AM »
Sources?

I'm not American so I don't blindly believe everything I read.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 04:53:21 PM »
If this is to happen, instead of streaming/downloading them making the return void, I think the player should have up to 5 days to enjoy/like or return.   If you know what I mean...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »
If this is to happen, instead of streaming/downloading them making the return void, I think the player should have up to 5 days to enjoy/like or return.   If you know what I mean...

They should just do what Origin does and then I would be perfectly happy. 24 hours from launching the game or 7 days from purchase. That's extremely fair.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 10:27:10 PM »

They should just do what Origin does and then I would be perfectly happy. 24 hours from launching the game or 7 days from purchase. That's extremely fair.
Yes, that there...  Soooo... you are saying EA for once is better than valve in one way?   That is a first...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 11:44:50 PM »

Yes, that there...  Soooo... you are saying EA for once is better than valve in one way?   That is a first...

The first? Waaa?

Oh bish, another one of your moments. It's been well known for awhile now that Steam CS is total shit, the same goes for their refund policies. In that respect, Origin beats steam. This has been known for awhile but I wouldn't expect someone like you to be up to date on everything.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 12:14:21 AM »

The first? Waaa?

Oh bish, another one of your moments. It's been well known for awhile now that Steam CS is total shit, the same goes for their refund policies. In that respect, Origin beats steam. This has been known for awhile but I wouldn't expect someone like you to be up to date on everything.
Not sure if are insulting me or what....  I never knew that you could refund things on origin simply on the premise that I've only ever bought one game on there and that was BF... and it was a disk and not online due to myself pre-ordering it from GS for benefits.  I did not read into refunds from origin because I never intended on refunding the ONE game I will buy off of it.... well, maybe Battlefront... but we will see about that one.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal