Author Topic: Civilization Board and Propisition 21.  (Read 10381 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Civilization Board and Propisition 21.
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:07:19 PM »
Sup dawgs,
Alright so ill skip around; Other Games should be renamed to just Games. This makes a lot more sense and i believe this section can be used better. And Live Streams should be moved into it.  Also a Civ board inside Games would be nice seeing Civ5 is being patched.

Second is Propisition 21 which calls for a complete forum cleanup.  Why stop with VIP?  Lets get rid of all the useless boards no one uses anymore in a effort to de-clutter the forums.

Will we ever have another Garry's Mod Racer server? No.
Will we ever have another  Cinema Server?  I hope not. Cinema is a failure itself now.
Will we ever have another Trouble in Terrorist Town server?  No, TTT is too full of junky servers.
Will we ever have another Team Fortress 2 server?  No.
Will we have another Minecraft server? Its failed so many times i dont see why we even have a board.
Will we have another rust server?  It was poorly taken care of to begin with. I dont think its useful to keep the board.   

CatalystFM is debatable, it might be useful when CGRP is eventually done but for now it wont hurt to hide the board.

HL2RP Admin Ranks need trashed.  Seeing HL2RP wont be coming back i dont see why they are kept.

Apart from this we should begin a Public Archive section specifically for the Old HL2RP Boards and the Current one.  Located at the VERY bottom of the forums this would house old but useful stuff (Unlike many gamemode boards we got). 

To me i believe these changes would benefit the community. The reason behind it all is an act to move forward to the future rather than continue to be shadowed by our past and failures.  I believe keeping the forum up to date is a major part of a community that is in a transition period which CG is in as we work on new gamemodes and only have 1 running.  When new players join the forums they will be confused by all these gamemodes we have thinking we actually have servers for them... to only be saddened to know they are all gone yet we keep the skeleton hanging. Apart from this some board icons would be neat (I do know mods and use one myself that does this easily). 

To end this all of this is my personal opinion.  I know all our opinions are different and some of you will pitch a giant fit about some parts of this (Ranks).  But that's why its a suggestion. 

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Civilization Board and Propisition 21.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
I have to agree with Adam here. We need to really cleanup this forum. There are a bunch of redundant ranks and boards that we have no need for.

+1
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:28:21 PM »
Sup dawgs,
Alright so ill skip around; Other Games should be renamed to just Games. This makes a lot more sense and i believe this section can be used better. And Live Streams should be moved into it.  Also a Civ board inside Games would be nice seeing Civ5 is being patched.

Second is Propisition 21 which calls for a complete forum cleanup.  Why stop with VIP?  Lets get rid of all the useless boards no one uses anymore in a effort to de-clutter the forums.

Will we ever have another Garry's Mod Racer server? No.
Will we ever have another  Cinema Server?  I hope not. Cinema is a failure itself now.
Will we ever have another Trouble in Terrorist Town server?  No, TTT is too full of junky servers.
Will we ever have another Team Fortress 2 server?  No.
Will we have another Minecraft server? Its failed so many times i dont see why we even have a board.
Will we have another rust server?  It was poorly taken care of to begin with. I dont think its useful to keep the board.   

CatalystFM is debatable, it might be useful when CGRP is eventually done but for now it wont hurt to hide the board.

HL2RP Admin Ranks need trashed.  Seeing HL2RP wont be coming back i dont see why they are kept.

Apart from this we should begin a Public Archive section specifically for the Old HL2RP Boards and the Current one.  Located at the VERY bottom of the forums this would house old but useful stuff (Unlike many gamemode boards we got). 

To me i believe these changes would benefit the community. The reason behind it all is an act to move forward to the future rather than continue to be shadowed by our past and failures.  I believe keeping the forum up to date is a major part of a community that is in a transition period which CG is in as we work on new gamemodes and only have 1 running.  When new players join the forums they will be confused by all these gamemodes we have thinking we actually have servers for them... to only be saddened to know they are all gone yet we keep the skeleton hanging. Apart from this some board icons would be neat (I do know mods and use one myself that does this easily). 

To end this all of this is my personal opinion.  I know all our opinions are different and some of you will pitch a giant fit about some parts of this (Ranks).  But that's why its a suggestion.

all of this, especially

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:14:58 PM »
Yes, please this forum really needs to be cleaned up.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:18:49 PM »
The issue is the 2 people that are required to do this likely wont do it because it would take too much effort and time.  (No offense). 

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »
The issue is the 2 people that are required to do this likely wont do it because it would take too much effort and time.  (No offense).

It's more laziness rather than anything else. Saying "to much effort and time" is silly. They could do it in less than 25 minuets tops, prob even less because they know how to work smf far better than me.

Odd how no admin/dev has commented on it yet...inb4 denied or long forgotten

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »
Well looky here. Looks like your suggestions have been listened to. Well partly anway.
Now what cow, still have something to say? <3
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
Well looky here. Looks like your suggestions have been listened to. Well partly anway.
No because it wasnt all done.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »
No board is ever deleted. We keep the archives hidden at the bottom of the board in case anything needs to be referenced.

CFM boards will stay for now till Somone77 or myself have to venture into that section of the admin area again. And HL2RP ranks were never deleted in the first place, and there is no real reason to delete them but to just remove people from them. But that's for another day when I don't have to leave in 2 minutes.

The rest IDGAF about. I just see Civ5 as another dead board. Create a thread in the other games section, thats why its there. Have enough discussion for enough time and a board may be added.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
No board is ever deleted. We keep the archives hidden at the bottom of the board in case anything needs to be referenced.

CFM boards will stay for now till Somone77 or myself have to venture into that section of the admin area again. And HL2RP ranks were never deleted in the first place, and there is no real reason to delete them but to just remove people from them. But that's for another day when I don't have to leave in 2 minutes.

The rest IDGAF about. I just see Civ5 as another dead board. Create a thread in the other games section, thats why its there. Have enough discussion for enough time and a board may be added.
What could you possibly need to reference from a board that literally only had 8 topics.

As for the HL2RP ranks i mean we will never have another HL2RP server but yeah. 

As for the rest it covers cleaning up the General Category which has useless shit in it that is not used. And if the Civ board died it would wind up like the Arma2 and the rest lol

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »

Yes, the roster still needs to be cleaned up. That was part of prop. 21, to get rid of all the redundant admins. This forum needs a total cleanup, not a halfassed one.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
Nobody said HL2RP wasn't coming back. Plus the permission set is already there for if we use separate admin ranks for Metro or CGRP we can just change the image. Hence the reason why it won't be removed.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:35 PM »
Nobody said HL2RP wasn't coming back. Plus the permission set is already there for if we use separate admin ranks for Metro or CGRP we can just change the image. Hence the reason why it won't be removed.
The community did.  In a vote.  If you missed it.  And thats good but you got about 10 people going around with fake ranks now.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 02:28:19 AM »
I think you both misunderstood each other...

@Karma I think Adam means he just wants all the ranks removed from everyone. Not the *actual* rank deleted.

@Adam I think Karma said he would already remove the rank from everyone later when he didn't had to go in 2 mins. he won't delete the actual rank, as it can just be recycled into a rank for metro2033.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 02:52:16 AM »
there are a few redundant ranks that need removing from people for the time being, such as the DJ ranks and the HL2RP Admin+ ranks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal