Author Topic: Bring back the VIP board  (Read 12917 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bring back the VIP board
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:13 AM »
I think I know why the VIP board was made since, you know, I made it.

We do a lot of things to give incentive to people for upgrading to VIP/Gold, and a board on the forum isn't really one of them. No one would pay for access to it, so that's really not a selling point.

Quote from: Inv??Gir
Generally you can almost talk about everything on this board unless it has rules
I can't even.

Every board on the forum is subject to the forum rules, except spam (which I'm not getting into this argument, if you know me then you know I think spam is a stupid board). This includes posts, like the ones that were posted to bring all this attention to the board recently, were against the rules, as they would be on any other board. It has no bearing that it was posted in the VIP board.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
thats a good point about it not really being an incentive for people

nobody is going to look at the benefits list, see a VIP+ forum section and go "OMG YES I WANT THIS SO MUCH MMMM I CUM NOW AND DONATE 4 THIS"

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Indeed, it was just a fun little thing to have for VIP+s to discuss things they for some reason want to only discuss with VIP+s, and for VIP+ release information (betas and what not).
It literally did no harm having it, so Idk why it was removed.

The only thing that did harm was Waffle (Mistakenly) saying that VIP board had no rules... So if we just bring the board back, and take back those words by clearly saying it DOES have rules, then everyone will be happy. :)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »
theres no need for the board anymore, we can just do vip betas through a mass pm to vip+

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »
oh boy

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »
I think I know why the VIP board was made since, you know, I made it.

We do a lot of things to give incentive to people for upgrading to VIP/Gold, and a board on the forum isn't really one of them. No one would pay for access to it, so that's really not a selling point.

Quote from: Inv??Gir
Generally you can almost talk about everything on this board unless it has rules
I can't even.

Every board on the forum is subject to the forum rules, except spam (which I'm not getting into this argument, if you know me then you know I think spam is a stupid board). This includes posts, like the ones that were posted to bring all this attention to the board recently, were against the rules, as they would be on any other board. It has no bearing that it was posted in the VIP board.
Rofl confirmed that the VIP was not subject to the forum rules and was similar to spam and that the posts in the VIP board did not break any rules.
Live free or die

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2014, 03:25:06 PM »
This is how it works on most communites
i cant find this board speical anyway i don't care its no longer exists

if i want to start a discussion i'll go to the general discussion board instead.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »
This is how it works on most communites
i cant find this board speical anyway i don't care its no longer exists

if i want to start a discussion i'll go to the general discussion board instead.
I don't see how this is relevant.
Live free or die

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2014, 05:19:05 PM »
@Ricky (FUCKING QUOTES SERIOUSLY FIX EM :'( )
Could be that waffle said that on TS. But it was a mistake that he said that.
That's the whole point of this suggestion thread I guess. To change his mind on how he sees the VIP board and to bring it back.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 07:20:26 PM »
@Ricky (FUCKING QUOTES SERIOUSLY FIX EM :'( )
Could be that waffle said that on TS. But it was a mistake that he said that.
That's the whole point of this suggestion thread I guess. To change his mind on how he sees the VIP board and to bring it back.
He said it on TS and it was very intentional. VIP board doesn't raise post count for that exact purpose. And I don't know what you keep saying about quotes. They work fine for me.
Live free or die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal