Author Topic: Keep spam and shit posts in the fucking spam section.  (Read 9770 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Keep spam and shit posts in the fucking spam section.
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:35:51 AM »
Spam seems to be seeping into other sections. This needs to stop. There is a spam section, post your bullshit there. I'm SUGGESTING tougher rules on people posting stupid shit outside of spam. Will link to shit posts in a moment

ALL THESE POSTS NEEED TO STOP:
Spam in VIP section:
https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=29814.0
Second shit post in VIP
https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=28534.0

Will post more once I get home
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:46:00 AM by Leon the reboobler :3 | ŢŞ »

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Keep spam and shit posts in the fucking spam section.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
Shouldn't be a suggestion. It is already in the rules.

We have a topic/post report feature for things like this. If you see posts that violate our forum rules, report it and forum administrators will deal with it sooner or later.

But thanks for notifying us about certain cases which seem to be handled too leniently.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:48:48 AM »
VIP was never serious, fuck off.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »

We have a topic/post report feature for things like this. If you see posts that violate our forum rules, report it and forum administrators will deal with it sooner or later.

But thanks for notifying us about certain cases which seem to be handled too leniently.
I'm suggesting ENFORCING the rules more scrictly. These cases are handles too lightly, as you said.

As for tyrex, fourm rules still apply in VIP. How about you fuck off?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:55:19 AM by Leon the reboobler :3 | ŢŞ »

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »

I'm suggesting ENFORCING the rules more scrictly. These cases are handles too lightly, as you said.

As for tyrex, fourm rules still apply in VIP. How about you fuck off?

I never said forum rules didn't apply in VIP, I said it was never serious.  What you consider shitposting, really isn't, it's just not serious.  I honestly wish Spam was removed so this stupid fucking "go back to spam" thing stopped.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 10:55:23 AM »
Guys... Can we please keep it nice in this thread?

If spam was removed we had NO place at all to post useless silly things. So shouldn't you rather be happy than sad that we have spam?

It's not like if we wouldn't had spam than suddenly shitposting across the entire forum would be allowed or anything. ':\

I said it was never serious.  What you consider shitposting, really isn't, it's just not serious.
It kinda was... It was in violation of not just one, but several forum rules. If we were to allow that, then god knows how far people will go. So we have to draw the line somewhere. And rather draw it strictly to point out that useless "spam" posts like that are not allowed, than being lenient with it and see people going further and further.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:58:54 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »
no sod uses vip to begin with and its always been filled with useless shit lol suddenly someone gets upset about it all and the last 2 threads get warned/locked, why not every other thread in there then

EDIT: ok last time i went in there it was full of shit but idk where half of those threads went lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:06:05 PM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »
Lol trying to stop trolls and spammers....thats cute:3
good luck with that millions of people are trying to rid of this little bastards from their communites and with no success.

But i do have a little suggestion
maybe you can just ban the spammer from the same forum

Its pretty simple:
The spammer goes to the VIP Section and starts a Spam Thread
instead of banning him from the whole forum just ban him from the Vip Forum
add this little rule into your ToS and people should simply respact the rules more...and if they don't once you ban them they cant ask for a refund nor try to complain for fraud 8)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »
good luck with that millions of people are trying to rid of this little bastards from their communites and with no success.

Its pretty simple:
add this little rule into your ToS and people should simply respact the rules more...and if they don't once you ban them they cant ask for a refund nor try to complain for fraud 8)

What the fuck are you even talking about?  There aren't any 'spammers' or 'trolls'.  Someone got angry that people aren't 100% serious at a gaming community 24/7 and that they should get in trouble for it.

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »

Its pretty simple:

What the fuck are you even talking about?  There aren't any 'spammers' or 'trolls'.  Someone got angry that people aren't 100% serious at a gaming community 24/7 and that they should get in trouble for it.

Are they talk about bullshit and stuff?!....yeahhhh thats spammers
already saw the "nigger" thread on the VIP forum and i can assure you that for 100% its a spam thread

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
The VIP forum is a joke.  Why do we even have it?

Better question:  Do we even need it?

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

Its pretty simple:

already saw the "nigger" thread on the VIP forum and i can assure you that for 100% its a spam thread

Do you even know what spam is?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 03:48:34 PM »
the vip board is almost useless anyway, the only useful thing ive seen come out of it is a thread for VIP+ beta for specific gamemodes and thats it, otherwise it might as well be considered Spam: VIP Edition

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Its pretty simple:

Dude calm the fuck down and stop being an asshole

and yes i know what spam is
though spam is when people flooding a thread with stupid messages its can also be one meaningless message that is not refer to the subject of the forum....

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 04:41:41 PM »

Its pretty simple:

Dude calm the fuck down and stop being an asshole

and yes i know what spam is
though spam is when people flooding a thread with stupid messages its can also be one meaningless message that is not refer to the subject of the forum....
And what is the subject of the VIP section?

I'd say that topic and many others  fell perfectly under the jurisdiction of

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal