Author Topic: moderator  (Read 5517 times)

Offline ?ž?®É«??-??Ä?Å?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
the idea of the moderator is to respawned to reports and attempt to help other players with a problem that is in act and noclip around to check on stuff
the moderator will not need to go on the forums that would be the admin/developer job

reason for haveing moderators is because i find a lot of the time i do a report and theres a admin on they wont respawned at all even if something against the rules is going to happen maybe the admins are afk a lot but its a problem that has happened to me around 3 times and i have seen it happen to other players

i think this would make it so players wont need to record every thing that they do in the servers

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »
There's not really much point in a moderator rank. If you can be trusted to become a mod then I'm sure you can be trusted to become an admin.

Offline ?ž?®É«??-??Ä?Å?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
There's not really much point in a moderator rank. If you can be trusted to become a mod then I'm sure you can be trusted to become an admin.

yes that is true but you wouldnt need to take so much responsibility as a moderator and as i said in the suggestion
i find that admins dont respawned to my reports sometimes

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
Having moderators wouldn't help anything. If we found someone we would want to be a moderator, we may as well just promote them to admin instead. I admit, we probably do need some more admins, but adding a new rank isn't a good way to solve the times when the server is without an admin.

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 05:04:02 PM »

yes that is true but you wouldnt need to take so much responsibility as a moderator and as i said in the suggestion
i find that admins dont respawned to my reports sometimes

Well, that's because they're AFK or something like that. It's not like the moderators would be any different.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 05:37:55 PM »
do you mean respond, not respawned

also we try our best to get to as many reports as possible as long as we can act on it and not blindly make a judgement, so players should still continue to gather proof even if admins are on because it helps

there is literally no point in a moderator rank, its pretty much just an admin rank with a different name, also with the fact that it is starting to slowly come up to xmas, we can be very busy with school/college/work/family so we may not always be able to get on and people only get offered admin based on traits, qualities, characteristics, behaviour, etc and its really hard to come across people who would actually fit the rank in HRP

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »
do you mean respond, not respawned

also we try our best to get to as many reports as possible as long as we can act on it and not blindly make a judgement, so players should still continue to gather proof even if admins are on because it helps

there is literally no point in a moderator rank, its pretty much just an admin rank with a different name, also with the fact that it is starting to slowly come up to xmas, we can be very busy with school/college/work/family so we may not always be able to get on and people only get offered admin based on traits, qualities, characteristics, behaviour, etc and its really hard to come across people who would actually fit the rank in HRP
I see the moderator rank as being a lower ranking player that has the abbility to teleport to sits.  They act as witness to the terms of something like RDM being reported. As for the rank iteslf, more ranks means less stress on admins.  They won't have to work as hard but will still be just as usefull.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
Okay, should probably respond to this.

Right away, I'll say no, there won't be a moderator rank, and here's why:
We currently have 26 members of our administration staff. Any given week you'll see that maybe 7 of them actually play on HRP for more than an hour. We would be the first to admit that we have a general problem with coverage when it comes to admin playtime, but what I won't say is that adding another group of staff that have less powers, will solve anything.

From what I see when I look at play logs for all players in general, you see the same 60-70 players who play a lot. Of those, the playtime is always the same, a nicely formed bell curve. The person is really into it for about 2-3 weeks, then it becomes a chore just to get on. That's what is wrong with adding responsibilities to a server like this. Very few of the admins will say they want to go on HRP because it just seems like work. Giving any of our current players the same level of responsibility will result in the same decrease in interest. So realize that the reason we don't have more admins isn't that we don't trust people in the community, we do. We just know how annoying it really gets. Everyone always 'asks for admin' without realizing that it just ruins the game for you.

The answer to your problem of 'catching minges' is to record. It's not instant bans, but it should result in less issues. I understand that doesn't help any, but really, what can we do? I'm in works with some of the Lua devs to hopefully bring some more powerful tools to our administration staff that help us act more quickly and decisively on rule breakers, but while that's happening it's important to realize that we're doing the best we can with what we have.

A lot of our staff will probably be restructured when CGRP comes out (depending on its success post-release) and that may result in the need for such a rank if we get overwhelmed, but as it stands, we have more administrators than we really know what to deal with, just no one wants to play all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal