Poll

Which Serious RP gamemode should we go for?

Our own post-apocalyptic canon
8 (12.1%)
PrisonRP
21 (31.8%)
Metro 2033
37 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: November 19, 2014, 08:31:39 PM

Author Topic: Final poll to decide the serious RP gamemode  (Read 23773 times)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Final poll to decide the serious RP gamemode
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
We wouldn't even need a surface with this map
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337486491

I lost count of the amount of times I got completely lost.
I'll honestly just vote for a different rp if we won't have a surface

imo surface should just be put up on some temporary passworded server if people are going to risk going up there

it'd be cool to have it so that if it's not a big faction going up such as the reich then it'd be a group of say 4 or 5 people with an admin (or just anybody in observer) acting as a game master
I really don't like the gamemaster idea, I'd rather have as much scripted and automatic stuff as possible and I think it would be interesting if the surface worked basically like sstrp would have considering we could have actual sweps

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
The sstrp style for the surface sounds neat. What map would be used though. My project list is full right now.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 02:05:33 PM »
The sstrp style for the surface sounds neat. What map would be used though. My project list is full right now.
well the coding for this wouldn't be finished for a quite a while i presume, so maybe your list would be a bit more empty when it's time

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
I say we do what has already been mentioned and just put the surface on above ground. I understand Statua is currently busy atm with Rockford but I doubt this gamemode is going to be released anytime soon(Right...?) so maybe after he's done...? Or we could just use some stalker map for the surface, that'd work.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Trust me, there are PLENTY of maps to use for the surface. As for the underground there is a ton as well, and I know at least 3-4 offhand that are great.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 12:34:11 AM »
I have potentially 9 other projects on my waiting list. I dont expect them all to follow through but I currently am working on 2 (halorp and hrp) and 2 other clients confirmed a spot after so yeah. Rockford is done cow lol.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »
I have potentially 9 other projects on my waiting list. I dont expect them all to follow through but I currently am working on 2 (halorp and hrp) and 2 other clients confirmed a spot after so yeah. Rockford is done cow lol.

hello

um

oz

Hmm ok. Well I'm sure we won't have to much of a problem finding someone that could make a map? Assuming it all works out with some pre-made map, get the ball rolling on donations and longevity, idk?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 01:19:19 AM »
Would love to see Prison RP, would play it if I could ever find a server for it.

Offline Inv??Gir

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
PrisonRP sounds like a great idea though i doubt people will actually follow the SeriousRP rules instead of breaking them
its really hard to RP when people decide that their 10$ investment should be directed specifically to other players just to ruin their gaming experience

Metro 2033 however could work fine IMO
idiots who loves ming and derp around usally do that because they are bored and got nothing speical to do
if this gamemode is going to offer radioactive monsters like in the game its going to keep them busy

I vote for Metro 2033 because i played the game and it was fun based on the weapons and apocalypse style and much more other cool features
could be really fun anyway:)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 02:07:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY&feature=youtu.be&t=15s

but yeah where do we go from here seeing as how metro's won

does hl2rp subforum disappear or what

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY&feature=youtu.be&t=15s

but yeah where do we go from here seeing as how metro's won

does hl2rp subforum disappear or what

We will probably need to get some new boards up for the new server. We will also need all of the servers set up before development starts. I'll talk to Somone about getting the boards and servers up soon.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »
Yes. Lets get discussions going. Figure out a plan we can all mutually agree on. Unlike hl2rp, we have nothing to base this off other then the game itself. We need to figure out what canon we use and what canon we ditch/manipulate to balance the game and make it enjoyable for even the random players. What factions will be set and who will be running them, and get them set up. How will the gameplay go? All this needs to be done before we even think about a server.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »
Yes. Lets get discussions going. Figure out a plan we can all mutually agree on. Unlike hl2rp, we have nothing to base this off other then the game itself. We need to figure out what canon we use and what canon we ditch/manipulate to balance the game and make it enjoyable for even the random players. What factions will be set and who will be running them, and get them set up. How will the gameplay go? All this needs to be done before we even think about a server.
Set up a date possibly in team speak  to talk about stuff?

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »
Lots of people got mad about the teamsqueak meeting when we did the HL2RP relaunch. Forums are the way to go. Everyone should get the chance to make suggestions as long as they are ready to accept denial or changes.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
Lots of people got mad about the teamsqueak meeting when we did the HL2RP relaunch. Forums are the way to go. Everyone should get the chance to make suggestions as long as they are ready to accept denial or changes.
Because not everyone can participate in a teamspeak discussion due to timezones etc.
And people got mad because actual important decisions were made on that chat without their input.
Talking on TS is nothing wrong with. As long as you keep it at just discussing and coming up with ideas. Don't make full blown decisions and you should be fine. ;)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal