Author Topic: Better use of the steam group  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Better use of the steam group
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:28:15 PM »
Yea.. Just annunce when events on hrp will happen a few min before they do of the oage to grab some more players, kinds seems underused. Def a lot more you could be doing with it

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Better use of the steam group
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:15:51 AM »
Hardly anyone uses steam groups. So the chances of someone noticing an event announcement within those few mins and joins the server within that time is practically null.

Besides events are never really planned. They just come and go whenever we feel like doing something.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
Honestly I have to agree. The steam group is really underused and I think it would be very helpful if major events/updates were posted on it. It doesn't hurt to do it.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:14 PM »
Hardly anyone uses steam groups. So the chances of someone noticing an event announcement within those few mins and joins the server within that time is practically null.

Besides events are never really planned. They just come and go whenever we feel like doing something.

I agree with Nick, Why would someone take 30 seconds out of there day to announce an event to gather players on the server? What are you guys fucking stupid or something, god use your brains for once. (If you couldn't figure it out, this was sarcastic. I didn't want to offend some dumb ass with a sarcastic statement.) Once more on this exposure topic, does it really take a lot of effort to get on the Steam group page and announce an event three minutes before it occurs? I have the steam group set so it will tell me any event that is occurring. I know that I would for sure get on the server for a few minutes to take part in an event, and I don't think I am the only one. I really don't know why Alaskan or another caring admin wouldn't use there resources to advertise the server and/or events with Steam, Facebook, or any other social media platform.       
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:39:19 AM »
I always forget that we have it. I'll give some other people access to make announcements and I'll start posting updates and stuff
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal