Author Topic: Suggest a Gaming Mouse!  (Read 14476 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggest a Gaming Mouse!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 08:06:30 AM »
http://smarteck.abacadesign.co.uk/tecknet-m134-programmable-laser-gaming-mouse-7-programmable-buttons/prod

i have that, cheap and feels nice for me plus contains mouse 4 and 5 which is all i really need anyway and a dpi changer up to 2000 (because using like 8000 dpi as a selling point is really retarded)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 12:04:01 PM »
http://smarteck.abacadesign.co.uk/tecknet-m134-programmable-laser-gaming-mouse-7-programmable-buttons/prod

i have that, cheap and feels nice for me plus contains mouse 4 and 5 which is all i really need anyway and a dpi changer up to 2000 (because using like 8000 dpi as a selling point is really retarded)

I set my DPI to 2500 and sometimes use 3000, so for people like me it rlly is a selling point
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 12:57:06 PM »

I set my DPI to 2500 and sometimes use 3000, so for people like me it rlly is a selling point

but its pointless to have like 8000 dpi

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 11:05:47 AM »
Whoever said having 8000DPI is just a worthless selling gimic? If you play games like Elite:Dangerous, StarCitizen or any modern FPS game; DPI really does matter.

In Elite:Dangerous, the 8000DPI mouse gives me far quicker response from the space ships and allows be to pitch & roll much faster and sharper than most other players.

I personally have the M65 and it's great, don't get the white one though as the top is glossy and also gets grubby with dead skin.

The sniper button on the other hand is a meh-ish addition, it's hard to get set to the perfect DPI for sniper abilities and often throws you off due to the sudden change from 8000DPI to roughly 500.

Overall, build quality is superb and it works great in combination with one of corsair's mouse mats.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
but 8000 dpi is a gimmick though lol

it also comes down to personal preference on what dpi you prefer to play on and sensitivity etc but 8000 is mainly a gimmick

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 11:09:53 AM »
It's only a worthless gimmick if you have never used or wanted to use that amount of DPI, I agree with you there but if you are like me who still feels that 3000-6000dpi is still way too slow, it's a good feature.

P.S. It's hilarious the things you can do with the helis in HRP with 8000DPI.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »
for me i have a 2000 dpi mouse because its all i really need, i just stick in 1000 dpi constantly or ill go up to 1500 or 2000 if i ever really want to get competitive or if the sensitivity in the game is fucking terrible due to bad porting etc

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »
Ironally I use the mouse that OP used which broke. Aka the logitech MX518
And I think it's a really good mouse. It's dirty, and the scroll wheel is not as smooth as it used to be (Makes a lot of noise and sometimes seems a bit sticky) I really like the mouse.
I have it for years, so that excuses the decay on it. But I like the shape of the mouse and it has all you need: Mouse 4 and 5, + and - for dpi and a third button under the scroll wheel that you can program to do whatever. (By default it does the same als alt-tab I believe)

But yeah, as much as I like it, it's getting old and sticky and I might have to replace it soon too. :P
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
My M506 has 12,000 dpi. I use it when i fly shit in PS2 or want my mouse to be op fast. But the response and smoothness of the mouse is way better the my G700 what had 5700 as the max dpi so i believe it does make a difference.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »
My M506 has 12,000 dpi. I use it when i fly shit in PS2 or want my mouse to be op fast. But the response and smoothness of the mouse is way better the my G700 what had 5700 as the max dpi so i believe it does make a difference.
It's only a worthless gimmick if you have never used or wanted to use that amount of DPI, I agree with you there but if you are like me who still feels that 3000-6000dpi is still way too slow, it's a good feature.

P.S. It's hilarious the things you can do with the helis in HRP with 8000DPI.

ok um

what the fuck how do you guys control the mouse when its at 8000 DPI like what the fuck how do you even

Jesus christ your eye/hand coordination must be at some goddamn genius level and your hand must be like

wow

how the fuck

can you please upload some videos of you using it at 8000 dpi, that seems fucking insane.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Ironally I use the mouse that OP used which broke. Aka the logitech MX518
And I think it's a really good mouse. It's dirty, and the scroll wheel is not as smooth as it used to be (Makes a lot of noise and sometimes seems a bit sticky) I really like the mouse.
I have it for years, so that excuses the decay on it. But I like the shape of the mouse and it has all you need: Mouse 4 and 5, + and - for dpi and a third button under the scroll wheel that you can program to do whatever. (By default it does the same als alt-tab I believe)

But yeah, as much as I like it, it's getting old and sticky and I might have to replace it soon too. :P
Its minus dpi button thats fucked up. And since i smashed my mouse on my desk in passionate rage the left and right clicks are going as well lol. It's been a good mouse but i must move on :, (
Anyway i think the corsair one is for ne. Not as stylish as some of the logitech ones but it seems the most pratical and the one that will last me a while. Plus it has the weights which seems good
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 07:28:24 PM »
I don't play at 12,000 although I have once for shits n gigs and still managed to get a kill doing it. I use 8000 in-game and set my in-game mouse sensitivity to like 10% so I get more positions.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:10 PM »
I just bought the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. The Corsair looked nice but it didn't have as much going for it as the G502. It's more expensive but hopefully it will last me long enough to offset the expense.

Feel free to keep chatting about DPI, you fucking nerds ;)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
Will post vid of me playing Elite:Dangerous tomorrow at maxed out 8200dpi on mouse and pulling some kunt out of frame shift drive then beating the shit outta their ship.

1v1 me bru irl

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »
Idk why I keep calling it a M506. its my G502. RIP.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal