Author Topic: Suggest a Gaming Mouse!  (Read 14465 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggest a Gaming Mouse!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 10:48:22 PM »
I just bought the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. The Corsair looked nice but it didn't have as much going for it as the G502. It's more expensive but hopefully it will last me long enough to offset the expense.

Feel free to keep chatting about DPI, you fucking nerds ;)

yea its a pretty dope mouse, youll enjoy it
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:04 AM »
I just bought the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. The Corsair looked nice but it didn't have as much going for it as the G502. It's more expensive but hopefully it will last me long enough to offset the expense.

Only things is, I have large hands so I dunno if it's small or not. If it's the same size or bigger than my MX518 then it'll be right.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »

Only things is, I have large hands so I dunno if it's small or not. If it's the same size or bigger than my MX518 then it'll be right.

I dunno how you hold the mouse but the way(s) I do is is kinda weird.

I leave my DPI at least 2500(although I'm training my hand to go up to higher DPI in the 3000's) so I'm able to bring my pointer from one side of the screen to the other without having to move my hand. I let the boney thing sticking out on my wrist lay on the mousepad and then I just flick the mouse around without having to actually move my whole hand/arm. The only parts that actually touch the mouse is my thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger and pinky to grip the side of the mouse for more control(it's amazing how much it helps) and the lower part of my hand just barely touches it. The rest just hovers above it.

I dunno if it means my mouse is to small/big but lemme tell ya, it really does do wonders the way I hold it. I have tons of control over it and so I'm able to quickly flick around.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »

I leave my DPI at least 2500(although I'm training my hand to go up to higher DPI in the 3000's) so I'm able to bring my pointer from one side of the screen to the other without having to move my hand. I let the boney thing sticking out on my wrist lay on the mousepad and then I just flick the mouse around without having to actually move my whole hand/arm. The only parts that actually touch the mouse is my thumb, index finger, middle finger, ring finger and pinky to grip the side of the mouse for more control(it's amazing how much it helps) and the lower part of my hand just barely touches it. The rest just hovers above it.

I dunno if it means my mouse is to small/big but lemme tell ya, it really does do wonders the way I hold it. I have tons of control over it and so I'm able to quickly flick around.
I might try that technique.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
I play CS:Go At 5,600DPI.  I feel around 5,200 is the max where its useful.  After that and it's just not very reliable.  (Even at 5,200 it takes abit of effort).  But it helps me work faster so oh well.

I'm using a standard Razer Naga.  Was on sale for 40$ last year and i grabbed it cause my Imperator shorted out finally after it was being held together with superglue and cardboard.   (It was a first production batch imperator).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:36:24 PM by Vice Admiral Dash - Adam S »

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 10:00:45 PM »

I pretty much use a relaxed version of a claw grip on my mouse and rest my wrist on the mousemat. Very rarely does my wrist leave that position on the mousemat as I can pretty much control any game without having to move my arm thanks to the DPI. Right enough it took me years to work myself up to this level of DPI and 8200 still fucks me over when on my desktop

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal