Author Topic: HRP Pre-Update Announcement  (Read 11187 times)

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HRP Pre-Update Announcement
« on: October 25, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

Pre-Update Announcement
Server Updated

This next HRP update will be quite a big one. I am completely replacing the current inventory system with a new system and I am adding a weapon pack. This means a complete inventory wipe will happen when this update hits. In the future I may add a way to get cash back for your old items, however I don't intend on doing this with the next update.

I plan on pushing this update in the next few days, so I do not recommend purchasing any weapons you do not intend on using.

Priced Item:

Non-Priced Item:

New Inventory Layout (Please ignore the text going off the panel):

The New Inventory
The new inventory will be weight based which means you will no longer be able to carry around 300 AK-47s without breaking a sweat. This is to hopefully make gun dealers and BMDs more useful, as at the moment it is easier to self-supply a few shipments of weapons than actually going to a gun store. All purchased entities from the F4 menu will now go into your inventory instead of spawning on the floor and you will be able to holster weapons without dropping them.

The Weapon Pack
The weapon pack I am adding is  the M9K pack. It includes a variety of different weapons of much higher quality than the current DarkRP weapons we are using. I am also modifying weapon prices to be slightly more expensive.

If you have any questions or issues with this, feel free to post a comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:52:05 PM by Top Hatted Cat »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HRP Pre-Update Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:04:16 AM »
are we using the entire list of insurgency weapons or have you picked certain ones?

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:07:05 AM »
are we using the entire list of insurgency weapons or have you picked certain ones?

Added list to OP.

Offline Guts

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
Most people have over 200k of weppons in their invintory. How are you planning on covering everyone with refunds?

Offline ^0[GKBS] ^1Avo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
I have quite a bit of weapon shipments and ammo in my inventory. How will you get that money back to me?

Catalyst Gaming

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
I have quite a bit of weapon shipments and ammo in my inventory. How will you get that money back to me?
You best start selling inventory.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
Indeed. The whole purpose of this early announcement is so people don't buy new weapons and start selling whatever they have left so they can get the most money out of it.
I have no idea if TopHattedCat was planning to code a refund system for the old inventories. I kinda doubt it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Guts

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »
Wait how long is it until the update?!

Offline -|TBG|- Harms Way

• Master Shipbuilder
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »
So which ones will be "legal" and "illegal" besides the AK and the RPG going to the "illegal" side?

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »
Wait how long is it until the update?!

It will be in the next few days.

So which ones will be "legal" and "illegal" besides the AK and the RPG going to the "illegal" side?

I am thinking any automatic weapon would be illegal, and the pistols & shotgun will be legal, like they currently are.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »

Going by the American gun laws, everything that isn't automatic or military-grade.  If this is true, legal weapons would include:

Bayonet Blade
Colt 1911
Ka-Bar Knife
L42A1
Benelli M4 Super 90
Makarov
SKS

Dragunov SVD may also be legal considering I've seen more than a few online and in gun stores, but it could always be kept as a BMD weapon as it is a considerable upgrade over the L42A1.

EDIT:  Also, something else that came into my head just now:  What if we split the "illegal" weapons into two groups.

The "black market" weapons (Weapons that only a BMD can spawn) would include the AK-47, FN FAL, RPG, RPK, and Dragunov.

The "Coast Guard" weapons (Weapons that only a CG Commander can spawn) would include the M14, M16A4, M249, and RGD-5.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:08:57 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline ^0[GKBS] ^1Avo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »

Going by the American gun laws, everything that isn't automatic or military-grade.  If this is true, legal weapons would include:

Bayonet Blade
Colt 1911
Ka-Bar Knife
L42A1
Benelli M4 Super 90
Makarov
SKS

Dragunov SVD may also be legal considering I've seen more than a few online and in gun stores, but it could always be kept as a BMD weapon as it is a considerable upgrade over the L42A1.

EDIT:  Also, something else that came into my head just now:  What if we split the "illegal" weapons into two groups.

The "black market" weapons (Weapons that only a BMD can spawn) would include the AK-47, FN FAL, RPG, RPK, and Dragunov.

The "Coast Guard" weapons (Weapons that only a CG Commander can spawn) would include the M14, M16A4, M249, and RGD-5.

Thoughts?

Sounds good, except the CG Commander spawning weapons. Why not have an NPC in the government building which would supply guns to the Coast Guard?

Catalyst Gaming

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »

Bayonet Blade
Colt 1911
Ka-Bar Knife
L42A1
Benelli M4 Super 90
Makarov
SKS

Thoughts?

Sounds good, except the CG Commander spawning weapons. Why not have an NPC in the government building which would supply guns to the Coast Guard?

I love the idea of having an equipment supplier NPC for CGs, would really allow for you to adjust to certain situations.
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »

Bayonet Blade
Colt 1911
Ka-Bar Knife
L42A1
Benelli M4 Super 90
Makarov
SKS

Thoughts?

um

unless you live in a liberal state, sure, you cant get automatic guns without some sort of a permit, but for the most part you can purchase them without much of a hassle.

ANYWAYS

pls dont try and make it uber realistic. at least allow us to stock up on a decent amount of guns, i dont want to have to run to the BMD every fucking hour to get another gun. HRP isnt meant to be realistic, its just a darkrp clone.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
but for the most part you can purchase them without much of a hassle.

u wot m8?

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Class-3-Firearms-License

On topic, inventory is going to be weight based, but I do hope that there is enough room to store several guns and ammo.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:38:05 PM by Hazard Time »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal