Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 13104 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Facebook
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 12:23:03 AM »
Also just now found this (http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=17485.0), this is a page dedicated just to take and post photos of yourself. Note how it is 8 fucking pages long, that is Facebook in a nutshell on the forums. I don't fucking get the point of putting a photo online to get judged by criticizing assholes, but to ones it own I guess.
Ah yes facebook, you know what I might as well put my name, address, phone number, bank info and personal life story here on the forums at that rate.

No thanks.

I don't know if you remember or not but you posted your picture while in New York on the forum, you also put videos up showing where you live from your dash cam. Also I'm sure it couldn't be to difficult to find your name and personal life story, So your point is invalid sir. (Stalker alert)

Also I found cow (With his fucking shirt off of course), of course he never said he didn't do that but still I can see him being all over the FB page.

lol my avatar on facebook was actually blank for like 3 years because i never used it yet i had hundreds of friends added on it

only recently have i actually put something that just showed my face

pls dont make assumptions about me
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »
There's a fine line between Internet friends and real life friends in regards to what people want to share. Photos are nothing compared to what we share and post on Facebook. Some people refuse to use Facebook. Some people have it to keep in touch with old friends and family. And some people use it as a place to share thoughts, ideas, and opinions.

Whatever you use Facebook for, I feel Internet friends should not be involved unless you guys are actually extremely good friends and would hang out irl. Im sorry but as it stands right now, there's only a few people her who i would even consider meeting irl.

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
Well this went off topic pretty fucking quick, this isn't for telling your life story about why you are afraid of getting raped by people on the internet. Does anybody have a valid reason of how a Facebook page for CG could negatively affect the community, server, or anything else vital to CGs survival? Just to clarify the first part no one gives a flying fuck if you don't like Facebook, don't want to add the page to your friends list, or don't take selfies or give a shit. 
Quotes from my hero Liberty Prime
"Communism is the very definition of failure!"
"Democracy is non-negotiable."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
Nobody would use it? Look at this thread.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »
Well this went off topic pretty fucking quick, this isn't for telling your life story about why you are afraid of getting raped by people on the internet. Does anybody have a valid reason of how a Facebook page for CG could negatively affect the community, server, or anything else vital to CGs survival? Just to clarify the first part no one gives a flying fuck if you don't like Facebook, don't want to add the page to your friends list, or don't take selfies or give a shit.

if you rlly wanted it, why not go and make a "Catalyst Gaming Fan Page"?

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »

if you rlly wanted it, why not go and make a "Catalyst Gaming Fan Page"?

I couldn't fucking care less about this fucking FB page, my point is it would be good advertizing for the server which means more new players. Without new players Catalyst Gaming wouldn't exist, this would allow for CG to live on for longer.

(Also to Nick, I saw the link in the shoutbox, indeed my EMAIL is linked to a Facebook page. This is only because I used to share my email with about 10 people, this resulted in a fucktard making that.)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »
facebook isn't going to attract any new members and i highly doubt the page would be kept updated for long anyway, plus nobody is going to want to join the facebook page and essentially give away their personal facebook account to everyone else at the community, so it's pretty much a waste of time to set one up

also pls calm down sir

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
facebook isn't going to attract any new members and i highly doubt the page would be kept updated for long anyway, plus nobody is going to want to join the facebook page and essentially give away their personal facebook account to everyone else at the community, so it's pretty much a waste of time to set one up

also pls calm down sir

A waste of time? What better does a owner/dev/or admin have to do (Yes I am aware you are "busy" all the time, no need to go on a rant or get angry over this comment)? It take three seconds to make, and you can't really say no one would join because SOMEONE would join. Once again pointing towards the forum about posting pictures of your self, there were over 8 pages. Yet no one is going to add the page because they don't want people to see shit about there personal life? Best logic 2014, also while looking upon other servers FB pages you can some times find hundreds if not thousands of likes on each post(s) and a lot of people who are friends with the page. I am aware the damn thing wouldn't be updated, the Steam community page is rarely touched for that matter.

also pls calm down sir
I presume this is towards the seeming hostility of my post, which is only from my aggressive swearing towards a subject for comedic reasons. Therefore you sir should calm dafuq down, and realize that social media is the future (This is a fact, fuck if I know and/or care).

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »

also pls calm down sir

A waste of time? What better does a owner/dev/or admin have to do (Yes I am aware you are "busy" all the time, no need to go on a rant or get angry over this comment)? It take three seconds to make, and you can't really say no one would join because SOMEONE would join. Once again pointing towards the forum about posting pictures of your self, there were over 8 pages. Yet no one is going to add the page because they don't want people to see shit about there personal life? Best logic 2014, also while looking upon other servers FB pages you can some times find hundreds if not thousands of likes on each post(s) and a lot of people who are friends with the page. I am aware the damn thing wouldn't be updated, the Steam community page is rarely touched for that matter.

also pls calm down sir
I presume this is towards the seeming hostility of my post, which is only from my aggressive swearing towards a subject for comedic reasons. Therefore you sir should calm dafuq down, and realize that social media is the future (This is a fact, fuck if I know and/or care).

just make a page then and post it if you want it so bad, i dont see the big deal with this thread, drama is so great

Offline Napalmmonkey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »

also pls calm down sir

also pls calm down sir

just make a page then and post it if you want it so bad, i dont see the big deal with this thread, drama is so great

man your to fucking good, why didn't I think of that. I really don't give half a shit about this page, I just figured that it couldn't do any harm. But I guess I can't really argue with fifty people that repeat the same shit over and over again. In conclusion, Fuck Facebook, fuck new players, fuck social media, and fuck drama -Catalyst Gaming 2014. GG M8

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
lol

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
Pretty much this. I think I only have a few people from Gmod on my facebook and they were people I either chose or they chose me because I knew they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.

I knew they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.
they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.
they knew I wasn't either.
I wasn't either.
I wasn't
cunts

Uhm

These things dont add up!

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »
Pretty much this. I think I only have a few people from Gmod on my facebook and they were people I either chose or they chose me because I knew they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.

I knew they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.
they weren't cunts and they knew I wasn't either.
they knew I wasn't either.
I wasn't either.
I wasn't
cunts

Uhm

These things dont add up!
Wait, what?
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal