Author Topic: Thank you Catalyst Gaming -- From the bottom of my heart  (Read 13495 times)

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you Catalyst Gaming -- From the bottom of my heart
« on: October 09, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
First off, I just want to say one thing: thank you.

If it wasn't for Catalyst Gaming, I wouldn't be living the life I'm living right now. I would have never lived the way I have the past 15 months if it wasn't for this community being a part of this game.

In May of 2013, I met a stranger who ended up becoming my whole world. One day while in OCRP, I was introduced to a girl by the username of "nikkihagen" by a friend in-game who was going to join my organization. She didn't talk much, but she seemed like she was nice, but kind of shy. She didn't really speak much, and I didn't really know what to say to her. I hate when people try and act "cool" around girls online to try and get nudes or whatever from them, and I was never going to be that kind of person. A few days went by after meeting her, and I added her on Steam because she was a member of my organization, so I figured it would be a good idea to have a way of contacting her. Never would I have imagined that this girl would be so special.

We eventually began to Skype; first with some of my friends, but eventually alone. I started to slow down my gaming and look forward to seeing her everyday, simply because we always had amazing conversations that went long into every night. I enjoyed her company, and I began feeling a way I've never felt before. I enjoyed Skyping with her more than some of my best friends, and more than playing my favorite games. I would sit and wait for her to come home from school, and she'd sit and wait for me to come home from baseball practice at night. It was a strong friendship, and a kind of friendship I never had with anybody before.

On July 1, 2013, I asked her if she'd be willing to try a long distance relationship with me. I told her that I have always disagreed with them and never wanted one for myself, but that she gave me feelings that I had never experienced before. I told her that I was willing to try something to "see where it would go," and that I would stay committed to her if she would stay committed to me. She immediately said "yes," and I can honestly say that the rest was history.

The hardest part about the relationship (I'm sure you could guess this) was that we were 1600 miles away from each other. I live near Chicago, Illinois, and she lives in Alberta, Canada, an entire different country. However, we never let that get in between us. We spent every single day on Skype together, talking non-stop about our daily lives and our future together. We dreamed of meeting and being able to love each other physically, but we never knew when (or if) that would ever happen. In March of 2013, though, I bought a $600 flight ticket to go and spend two weeks with her.

On July 15, 2014, having dated for over a year online, I boarded a flight to Canada. There, I met the love of my life. I can swear that I have never been more happy than I was when I got to spend those days with her. We were able to hug, kiss, and just be physically near each other for the first time ever. It was amazing. Sadly, on August 1, 2014, I had to fly back home. It was by far the saddest moment I've ever experienced, having to watch her disappear into crowd in the airport as I walked to my terminal. I had never cried more in my life.

After being home for a few days, I purchased another flight ticket to go and see her again. On December 19, 2014, I will get to spend another two weeks, and two holidays (Christmas and New Years), with her and her family. I'm beyond excited, and can't believe that I will have the opportunity to spend time with her yet again.

I'm not here to brag, to make someone feel jealous of me, or anything like that. I'm here to simply thank RoflWaffle and everyone who made Catalyst Gaming what it is for allowing my life to turn out this way. I met her in CG's server, and she is not a gamer by any means. That was the first time she had played, and one of the only. Meeting her was simply luck. As for our future together, in roughly a year and a half, as long as everything stays the way it is (which I have no doubt it will), she will be buying a one-way ticket to me and moving in with me in an apartment. It seems like a ways to go, but we've already gotten halfway there.

Here are some pictures of my girlfriend and I together:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Once again, thank you, Catalyst Gaming.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:01:36 PM by vizioN »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Thank you Catalyst Gaming -- From the bottom of my heart
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
Mate, I am fucking stoked for you. Love is the very best feeling in the world so I wish you both the best of luck.

Myself and my ex split up about 10 months ago after a two year relationship that was my first. It truly does change you doesn't it. I realised that gaming was no longer the best thing in my life and that I had something to look forward to. That I actually had a friend which I had never really had before.

Don't let shit get in your way. If things do get in your way, smash through them, listen to her, compromise and hold on to her because you WILL regret it if you don't. Never make stupid decisions in anger because you will fucking hate yourself every time you look in the mirror.

And fuck 1600 miles! It just makes it all the more special when you see her! :D

I wish you both the very best of luck and happy years to come :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »
Mate, I am fucking stoked for you. Love is the very best feeling in the world so I wish you both the best of luck.

Myself and my ex split up about 10 months ago after a two year relationship that was my first. It truly does change you doesn't it. I realised that gaming was no longer the best thing in my life and that I had something to look forward to. That I actually had a friend which I had never really had before.

Don't let shit get in your way. If things do get in your way, smash through them, listen to her, compromise and hold on to her because you WILL regret it if you don't. Never make stupid decisions in anger because you will fucking hate yourself every time you look in the mirror.

Thanks a lot bud! It's nice seeing you, btw :)

The feeling is something you know you've experienced once you've felt it. I began to realize that my feelings for her were much more meaningful to me than anything else, especially games. She's the reason for my inactivity the past year and a half, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I promise her each and every day that no matter the struggles we go through, I will always hold on to her. I do everything I can to treat her like my princess and never forget to mention how beautiful she looks everyday. It's the little things that really do go a long way and count.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »

The feeling is something you know you've experienced once you've felt it. I began to realize that my feelings for her were much more meaningful to me than anything else, especially games. She's the reason for my inactivity the past year and a half, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

I promise her each and every day that no matter the struggles we go through, I will always hold on to her. I do everything I can to treat her like my princess and never forget to mention how beautiful she looks everyday. It's the little things that really do go a long way and count.
You soppy twat! ^_^ 
A bit of advice for moving in, because me and my ex lived together for a bit:
Make sure you have 'me' time. No, not wanking (although...)! Don't spend every waking moment together is what I mean. Once that new moved in feeling wears off, and it will believe me, you will realise how valuable alone time can be. It isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean you have a weak relationship. It's just natural and healthy to want to be alone and do your own thing sometimes.

Also CLEAN UP! Nothing worse than a woman being pissed off because you didn't do the frigging dishes or you didn't take the bins out.

And hold her head under the covers and have a massive fart every night. She will need the practice and you need to make her enjoy them. I never did this...
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Wow, I'm in almost this exact same situation except I don't have the money to buy a flight ticket. She lives in Ohio and I live in Florida I'm probably going to drive there someday (That's 18 hours of driving). I met her on WoW and it started almost exactly how you described. I can't wait to meet her she gives me something to look forward to every day. She sometimes plays on HRP since I bought her Gmod and CSS. I'm happy for you and good luck :). Hot damn you know more about my personal life than most of my friends & family. Dunno if thats a bad thing or not.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »

You soppy twat! ^_^ 
A bit of advice for moving in, because me and my ex lived together for a bit:
Make sure you have 'me' time. No, not wanking (although...)! Don't spend every waking moment together is what I mean. Once that new moved in feeling wears off, and it will believe me, you will realise how valuable alone time can be. It isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean you have a weak relationship. It's just natural and healthy to want to be alone and do your own thing sometimes.

Also CLEAN UP! Nothing worse than a woman being pissed off because you didn't do the frigging dishes or you didn't take the bins out.

And hold her head under the covers and have a massive fart every night. She will need the practice and you need to make her enjoy them. I never did this...

Moving in will take getting used to, but with the way our relationship is, I don't see any problems like that coming about. I'll be sure to handle whatever comes our way the best I can though :)

Wow, I'm in almost this exact same situation except I don't have the money to buy a flight ticket. She lives in Ohio and I live in Florida I'm probably going to drive there someday (That's 18 hours of driving). I met her on WoW and it started almost exactly how you described. I can't wait to meet her she gives me something to look forward to every day. She sometimes plays on HRP since I bought her Gmod and CSS. I'm happy for you and good luck :). Hot damn you know more about my personal life than most of my friends & family. Dunno if thats a bad thing or not.

That's really awesome dude! Don't ever give up. If you both trust each other without a doubt, and are certain she could be the one, then hold onto her. I'm certain that my girlfriend is the one I will spend my life with, and those beliefs strive me to keep pushing forward everyday. You won't regret it if you work hard enough at it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 02:17:57 AM »
Happy for you man. Now I see why you disappeared xD. Them Canadian girls are quite a treat eh?

Long Distance is tough and there's lots of temptations in your local life. Seeing how you've been with her for over a year, I'd say you know that already. My lady I met at Cadet Camp in 2007. We dated long distance for a year and a half there but then stopped cause you know, kinda hard to have a real serious relationship when you're 14. We got back together in January and she got accepted to the military in February. She left for basic in March. Things kinda slowed down because she had a lot to focus on and I needed to figure shit out from a previous rough relationship. We got back together in August, again, now that I'm all comfortable and ready and she's finished basic (graduated yesterday).

Guess I'll never leave the military life (my dad is air force) cause we're moving in together on her first long term posting and after I get my Paramedic Certification, which will most likely be next fall in Moncton, New Brunswick. I hope things between you two go well and you have an amazing future together. Good to hear from ya.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 05:13:03 AM »
I'm really happy for you! Really.

The only concern I have is that almost all the time long distance relationships don't turn out to work for long.
My brother met a girl on Guild Wars 2 who lived in America but she was in The Netherlands for a school trip or something where they met each other IRL. They eventually became a couple but the long ass overseas relationship never worked out. My bro was saving up for a flight ticket to America for the next summer vacation but their relationship just went to hell because the girl was causing way to much drama.
And I myself used to have a semi-long distance relation ship a few years ago. Me and my ex both lived in the Netherlands, but she lived further up north and I lived near the south. And while we were both still underage students, that was a to long distance for us to meet so much. Thus she couldn't take it anymore and decided to move on. Pitty.

I hope things will go better for you man. And I hope your girl won't cause so much drama as my bro's ex :P
Good luck! And happy life.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
~follow your dreams~

I'm not here to be a Debbie downer but I have some serious thoughts that I would like to talk to you about. That's a load of money that you're spending that could be otherwise used for your education/college. Oh yes, papa cow strongly advocates education. I've heard this and I've said this "Make education your #1 priority in life." Now Ofc if you're out of college then yah spend dat money up boi. If you're skyping her 24/7 like you say you are, I can easily see how that could interfere with your studies.

Anyhoot, your calves are lackin brah. Leg day skippin chump
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »
~follow your dreams~

I'm not here to be a Debbie downer but I have some serious thoughts that I would like to talk to you about. That's a load of money that you're spending that could be otherwise used for your education/college. Oh yes, papa cow strongly advocates education. I've heard this and I've said this "Make education your #1 priority in life." Now Ofc if you're out of college then yah spend dat money up boi. If you're skyping her 24/7 like you say you are, I can easily see how that could interfere with your studies.

Anyhoot, your calves are lackin brah. Leg day skippin chump

I'm currently in a college that costs $50,000 a year but am paying under $11,000. I have no worries about my money, nor am I concerned about my studies. I never said I was Skyping her 24/7 either, but simply that we talk all the time (of course during our free time). While I understand your concern, I don't appreciate this kind of "support" in this thread. I don't need your opinion of how I should live my life, because trust me, I would give up absolutely anything for this girl, and that's the way I want to live my life.

As for everybody else, thank you so much for being supportive and understanding where I'm coming from. We have never had an issue with handling long-distance, and there won't be one as it's not too difficult for us to see each other in person every 5-6 months until we are able to move in.

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
I was in almost the same situation, me and my girlfriend have been togeather for over 3 years now and she has moved in. You always know when it's the right one, moving in togeather is fun to begin with but like others said - Have some time to yourselves every now and then as even the perfect couple will have fights caused by being too close at all times.

P.S. People say gaming is bad for you, this is one prime example where it can be a life changer.

Good luck man, hope you's have a good life ahead.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:57:49 AM by Stevob21 »

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
Jesus, fuck me.

Alright, viz. I know we have never really talked and I have once thought of making a thread just like this, not many people know me either, I'll probably get shit from a certain group even by typing right now.

Even so, I'm deeply happy for you, CG has definitely helped me through some stuff in my life, even through school and now moving to college in a few months. Just like you did, I realized how much gaming in-general was bad for me, seeing what it was actually doing to me physically and even mentally, I had realized that I am getting seriously unfit and just sitting around being lazy, doing nothing with my life.

To segue way here for a moment, CG helped me even realize this in a way: I can happily say that I'm getting mostly B's in my lessons with a few A's on the side and mainly in P.E, engineering, english and the other main subjects in schools, I went to the gym normally every other day and now I'm going every day of each week while making sure I'm eating healthily (of course some treats here and there) but now to love. Love is indeed a very good thing to move you on through life, a soul-mate to help you, as you will them, you seem like a very lovely couple and I wish you both all the best.

From me to you, CG. Thank you.

Again, I'm very happy for you and your girlfriend, you seem like a great couple.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
I was in almost the same situation, me and my girlfriend have been togeather for over 3 years now and she has moved in. You always know when it's the right one, moving in togeather is fun to begin with but like others said - Have some time to yourselves every now and then as even the perfect couple will have fights caused by being too close at all times.

P.S. People say gaming is bad for you, this is one prime example where it can be a life changer.

Good luck man, hope you's have a good life ahead.

Gaming definitely has negative effects, but you never really know what could come from it. I was one of the lucky few to have been given an opportunity like this, and I'm not going to pass it up. I appreciate your support and wish you the best of luck with your own relationship!

Jesus, fuck me.

Alright, viz. I know we have never really talked and I have once thought of making a thread just like this, not many people know me either, I'll probably get shit from a certain group even by typing right now.

Even so, I'm deeply happy for you, CG has definitely helped me through some stuff in my life, even through school and now moving to college in a few months. Just like you did, I realized how much gaming in-general was bad for me, seeing what it was actually doing to me physically and even mentally, I had realized that I am getting seriously unfit and just sitting around being lazy, doing nothing with my life.

To segue way here for a moment, CG helped me even realize this in a way: I can happily say that I'm getting mostly B's in my lessons with a few A's on the side and mainly in P.E, engineering, english and the other main subjects in schools, I went to the gym normally every other day and now I'm going every day of each week while making sure I'm eating healthily (of course some treats here and there) but now to love. Love is indeed a very good thing to move you on through life, a soul-mate to help you, as you will them, you seem like a very lovely couple and I wish you both all the best.

From me to you, CG. Thank you.

Again, I'm very happy for you and your girlfriend, you seem like a great couple.

Again, you never really know what can happen from playing here. It's unbelievable how much this game and this community alone has shaped my life. It's great that you've been affected by it like I have and that you've used it to better your own life. Props to you!

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 08:39:41 PM »
Let's make CG dating! :D

Jk that would be a massive fucking sausage fest. Although if you're into that.................................
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 06:11:33 AM »
you look like ur ready to play ball at any time

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal