Author Topic: One Door per Base Rule  (Read 5126 times)

One Door per Base Rule
« on: August 03, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »
To be honest, I think its BS that you can only have one door per base. If you have things such as triangles for purple or green harbor they have access to everything after one door? Seriously? No, it's not like lockpicks have one use then they break and its not like they take an eternity to pick a door. So 15 seconds and they have acces to EVERYTHING. I feel it should be changed so it at least takes more time to steal important things such as triangle or plants, at least buy some time for the owners to come catch them in the act or have time to react to the situation.
Thank you,
                Tyrese McFuckles

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: One Door per Base Rule
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
To be honest, I think its BS that you can only have one door per base. If you have things such as triangles for purple or green harbor they have access to everything after one door? Seriously? No, it's not like lockpicks have one use then they break and its not like they take an eternity to pick a door. So 15 seconds and they have acces to EVERYTHING. I feel it should be changed so it at least takes more time to steal important things such as triangle or plants, at least buy some time for the owners to come catch them in the act or have time to react to the situation.
Thank you,
                Tyrese McFuckles

"This means only one door can be between your stuff and the outside. Obviously multiple separate doors are fine. As long as you only have to go through one of them to reach your stuff" (Taken from rules) Basically, you can have multiple doors, just only one door from the outside to your stuff.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:18 AM »
That rule is a little bit hard to follow, personally.  I would think of ways to reword it, but it's late and I'm tired.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:20:37 AM »
The rule is there because many people used to abuse a kazillion doors between their stuff and the outside, most of the time even 2 inches away from each other. Meaning by the time you lockpicked the second door, the first door already closes (With the auto-close time) in your face. So it was literally impossible to get in.

However, maybe the rule could change a bit to mean the following:
- For pre-existing houses (aka the map), you can only have 1 additional door and it HAS to be far enough away from the map door so you can lockpick one of them, go in a hallway/etc, then lockpick the next one. This means with 1 map door and 1 tool door, you have 2 doors in total.
- For self made bases, you can have 2 tool doors between the outside and your values, as long as they are far enough away from each other to fit one or two persons in between, so you don't have to lockpick both doors simultaneously to be able to get in.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
The rule is there because many people used to abuse a kazillion doors between their stuff and the outside, most of the time even 2 inches away from each other. Meaning by the time you lockpicked the second door, the first door already closes (With the auto-close time) in your face. So it was literally impossible to get in.

- For pre-existing houses (aka the map), you can only have 1 additional door and it HAS to be far enough away from the map door so you can lockpick one of them, go in a hallway/etc, then lockpick the next one. This means with 1 map door and 1 tool door, you have 2 doors in total.
- For self made bases, you can have 2 tool doors between the outside and your values, as long as they are far enough away from each other to fit one or two persons in between, so you don't have to lockpick both doors simultaneously to be able to get in.

thats a good idea actually, makes sense for self made bases to have 2 so be on par with map buildings as long as they aren't stupidly close together ye

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »

Yes good idea. We need to add this.
ok

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal