Author Topic: Cg's guns don't hurt citizens  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Lord Gaben

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Cg's guns don't hurt citizens
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »
So I was playing harbor roleplay and I found out that coast guard guns don't damage citizens, but they damage other cgs

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Cg's guns don't hurt citizens
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:47:59 AM »
What?  I have witnessed otherwise...

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:19:47 AM »
I just tested it. Coast Guard can definitely damage citizens with their weapons. I don't see how you got that result.
ok

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
You probably managed to get your client and server out of sync with the weapon raising and lowering. As in, your client thought the weapon was raised while the server sees it as passive. Meaning when you shoot, your client SHOWS that it fires bullets but the server doesn't actually fire anything. Your ammo doesn't go down either. So even though you think you are shooting, you don't actually do anything and you don't damage anything.

So my guess: You got this glitch while shooting on a citizen. Then you switched weapons which fixes it again (Because switching your weapons puts both client and server back to passive mode) and then you tried it again on a coast guard.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
You probably managed to get your client and server out of sync with the weapon raising and lowering. As in, your client thought the weapon was raised while the server sees it as passive. Meaning when you shoot, your client SHOWS that it fires bullets but the server doesn't actually fire anything. Your ammo doesn't go down either. So even though you think you are shooting, you don't actually do anything and you don't damage anything.

So my guess: You got this glitch while shooting on a citizen. Then you switched weapons which fixes it again (Because switching your weapons puts both client and server back to passive mode) and then you tried it again on a coast guard.

What if you coded something in so the server would ping the client x amount of seconds to make sure it's in sync?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »
Or, fuking use net which basically allows you to hook into a message that is sent from client or server and there is almost 0% chance of client and server being out of sync (Due to the nature of net that resends the message multiple times if the first few fail)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal