Author Topic: New ram BSOD  (Read 3291 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New ram BSOD
« on: May 06, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
So I got new ram. It's the corsair vengeance 2x8 (16gb). I placed it into the DIMM slots, same slots my old ram was in, and when I ran my computer it would basically freeze at the motherboard logo/loading screen before windows popped up. I then took out one of the sticks and ran my computer. It would then have a popup saying something happened and gave me an option to run some test for windows to try and fix it. It would then have windows load for like 3 seconds(while frozen on it) and then BSOD. I tried using the other stick and I got the same problem.

I'm going to put in my old ram and see what happens...could I just have a defective unit?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New ram BSOD
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:16:29 PM »
try old ram, if it works, get replacement for corsair ram

also what is your motherboard and cpu

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
I would try running a memory diagnostic on the computer before windows starts. One way to do that is hit "F8" during boot and select the "Repair your computer" option. After that, there should be an option called "Windows Memory Diagnostic". If not, go to the command prompt and enter "mdsched". You should be able to follow the options to run the test and check the results (this may take a few hours with 16GB of RAM). If there is a faulty stick, it'll find it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »
I have the MSI P55-GD80 motherboard with a i5-650 Dual Core LGA 1156.

I would try running a memory diagnostic on the computer before windows starts. One way to do that is hit "F8" during boot and select the "Repair your computer" option. After that, there should be an option called "Windows Memory Diagnostic". If not, go to the command prompt and enter "mdsched". You should be able to follow the options to run the test and check the results (this may take a few hours with 16GB of RAM). If there is a faulty stick, it'll find it.

The problem is that whenever I run my computer with both sticks of ram, it doesn't even get past the motherboard loading screen, it just freezes. Then with one stick, it just BSOD 3 seconds after windows begins to load.

Post Auto-Merged: May 06, 2014, 07:57:06 PM
I believe I found the issue. It had to do with the motherboard.

Thanks anyways :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:57:06 PM by Cow 8-) »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Although you solved it already, try to write down the error code that comes up: If you have Windows 7 and below, it should be a line with a few zeros and other numbers at the end. If running windows 8, it should tell you already.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal