Author Topic: Can Call of Duty Advanced Warfare be good? (Could it be copying Titanfall?)  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
It seems like with the reveal of COD Advanced Warfare, it seems so similar to Titanfall to most of the people who have seen the reveal. The game to me actually looks like a next gen COD engine this time but has almost completely changed it's style. I always play it for the campaign, but i always play it with someone who buys it before me because it's best when you play the campaign with a group of people, plus you didn't waste your money

Before Advanced Warfare taking place in a futuristic setting, Treyarch made Black Ops II, which surprisingly i thought was kind of cool to install in the Call of Duty series with it's time setting taking place in 2025 and being able to see predictable military advancements. Advanced Warfare is taking futuristic settings to a far more level than ever though, I'm expecting the time setting to be around the 22nd century. Do you think Call of Duty is done, are they copying other games like Halo and Titanfall, or do you think Sledgehammer games is worthy enough to take a shot and make Call of Duty Advanced Warfare a good game of the series?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 07:47:42 AM by Ramone »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
looks the exact same as all the other previous CoD games with a few tweaks here and there like usual

if you want to be a dumbass and waste a lot of money then go ahead and buy it, otherwise the rest of the smart people will save our money for decent games

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
looks the exact same as all the other previous CoD games with a few tweaks here and there like usual

if you want to be a dumbass and waste a lot of money then go ahead and buy it, otherwise the rest of the smart people will save our money for decent games
No cod games are worth buying, but which ones are worth giving a try? I thought Black Ops II was the best one I've played in a while, but only for the campaign... The Multiplayer hasn't really changed since Modern Warfare.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i personally think world at war was the last decent cod game and one of the darkest ones too, and it is the last WW2 game they did

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Buying the game isn't being a dumbass, telling people this is being a dumbass. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else hates it too. I'm not a CoD player or anything, but it pisses me off when people say this. CoD multiplayer is fun, whether it's similar to the previous game or not. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. Calling people a dumbass for buying and playing something they enjoy is just being ignorant.

As for the game, it does look as if it's on a new engine. It's hard to say from just watching a trailer, though, as who knows what was modified.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
buying the same game over and over again with a few tweaks here and there is being ignorant, look at MW3 and MW2, MW3 was almost the exact same game with some different weapons and maps, but pretty much the exact same game for full price

they said ghost was going to be on a new engine, and they pretty much lied about that, so why would i have hope that AW is going to be on a new engine, itll be the exact same engine with some graphical tweaks to make it look new and fresh which will cause all the 12 year olds to become stupid enough to buy it

yes they are dumbasses for buying the same game over and over at full price

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
buying the same game over and over again with a few tweaks here and there is being ignorant, look at MW3 and MW2, MW3 was almost the exact same game with some different weapons and maps, but pretty much the exact same game for full price

they said ghost was going to be on a new engine, and they pretty much lied about that, so why would i have hope that AW is going to be on a new engine, itll be the exact same engine with some graphical tweaks to make it look new and fresh which will cause all the 12 year olds to become stupid enough to buy it

Might as well just stop buying most game sequels in general then.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards

So you shouldn't buy HL2 because it's the same as HL1 according to your theory? Don't be ridiculous.
Everyone knows COD and recently BF and some other shooters are milked out. They are literally being shit out and rushed to get one released every year. Other franchise are not. Or well, most are not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What's a titanfall?

Seriously I think everyone forgot about that game after a week of it being released.
Call of duty died after infinity ward slit up.
So basically Mw2.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

So you shouldn't buy HL2 because it's the same as HL1 according to your theory? Don't be ridiculous.
Everyone knows COD and recently BF and some other shooters are milked out. They are literally being shit out and rushed to get one released every year. Other franchise are not. Or well, most are not.

HL2 is one example of an amazing sequel, and Valve sure is taking their precious time making the 3rd one as they did with the second half life, Same thing with GTA 5, and some other sequels too. Some games are rushed like Battlefield, Call of Duty and Assassin's creed and end up not having a lot of new things, but some sequels also have been under development hell like Mafia II or Duke Nukem forever and don't end up meeting expectations. It's hard to make a good sequel, especially when trying to even out changes to make the game feel the same way but different at the same time. And for some reason, Black Ops II was the most recent COD game that could do that for me.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards

the difference is hl1 and hl2 are very different games, whereas the cods are not. that being said, while I personally don't find it to be worth the money, if you enjoy the game, there's nothing wrong with buying it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
They have noticed that people are starting to see COD as the cash cow that it is so now they have to throw in Kevin Spacy to get people to buy it.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
They have noticed that people are starting to see COD as the cash cow that it is so now they have to throw in Kevin Spacy to get people to buy it.

"That people are STARTING to see"???!!?!?!?
Dude, CoD has been a cash cow ever since modern warfare.

And as for "UHHHMEEHHGEEWWDD COD IS COPYING TITANFALL" Yeah no, it more looks like it's copying Crysis. At least, that's what I was thinking of when I saw the trailer. Not fucking titanfal. :\
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

"That people are STARTING to see"???!!?!?!?
Dude, CoD has been a cash cow ever since modern warfare.

And as for "UHHHMEEHHGEEWWDD COD IS COPYING TITANFALL" Yeah no, it more looks like it's copying Crysis. At least, that's what I was thinking of when I saw the trailer. Not fucking titanfal. :\

I agree, they are copying crysis like seriously... An exoskeleton that has armor,invisibility,jump boost etc, that's just crysis in a nutshell.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal