Author Topic: Suggestion for LOA rules and inactivity restrictions.  (Read 6930 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion for LOA rules and inactivity restrictions.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 07:50:05 AM »
Quit throwing shit at eachother please. Nobody is perfect and never will be. And no single person is to blame here either.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
Quit throwing shit at eachother please. Nobody is perfect and never will be. And no single person is to blame here either.
I'm not trying to throw shit.  I'm just saying dont make threads about stuff people dont know shit about.  All it does is cause people to blame each other and piss people off we cannot afford to loose.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
You all realise we reinstated HL2RP at the worst time Real Life wise right? Everybodies got exams and stuff coming up now (finals in america or whatever it is?) and all RL shit that is 100% more important than CG. Wait until about July and you will all see an increase in the playerbase, like it does every single year at catalyst gaming

/thread
what

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 09:57:15 PM »
You all realise we reinstated HL2RP at the worst time Real Life wise right? Everybodies got exams and stuff coming up now (finals in america or whatever it is?) and all RL shit that is 100% more important than CG. Wait until about July and you will all see an increase in the playerbase, like it does every single year at catalyst gaming

/thread

Actually, the server was fine at launch. What seemed to do the most damage was the constant crashes and lag. (Which of course, was no ones fault in particular.) On launch and a week or so after we had at least 30ish players a day, maybe less maybe more depending on the day. But I mean, after the constant crashing and lag every 20 minutes, I'd have been surprised if the population didn't diminish.

That aside, I'm honestly not surprised about the inactivity complaint of RAZOR. Not here to point fingers or anything, but .apex has always been like that, even from when I was OfC in APEX and he was my DvL. Gaming Zealot and I were always the ones really doing all the heavy lifting while he got on every blue moon and basically wagged his finger and gave the occasional thumb up or thumb down for things. We were the ones mostly pulling the strings. Now, whatever reason he has for his inactivity is his own and I particularly do not care, but I'm just saying how it is. He was the less ideal choice for the position, as I have always noted him as particularly inactive. Though in all likelihood, he was mostly likely chosen because either nobody else applied for the position, or those that did were much worse choices.

Never the less, pointing fingers isn't going to solve much, mates.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »

/thread
I hate to agree but I agree.  Especially since it started dying away when I started exam week which is early compared to most places in the world. Middle of June is when it picks up I suppose.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 03:41:28 AM »

/thread

Actually, the server was fine at launch. What seemed to do the most damage was the constant crashes and lag. (Which of course, was no ones fault in particular.) On launch and a week or so after we had at least 30ish players a day, maybe less maybe more depending on the day. But I mean, after the constant crashing and lag every 20 minutes, I'd have been surprised if the population didn't diminish.
Yes but any new release will incur a large amount of players for a while. Ours was unfortunately shorter due to the attacks and crashes which made the influx of players flocking for the release a shorter timeframe, but my point still stands it being released right before exams.
what

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »

/thread

Yes but any new release will incur a large amount of players for a while. Ours was unfortunately shorter due to the attacks and crashes which made the influx of players flocking for the release a shorter timeframe, but my point still stands it being released right before exams.
This,
Me for example:
It is like a closeout at school now as i am either taking tests/doing major projects for English. Or helping coordinate events for JrROTC and account for them. Exam week for me starts in 1.5 weeks and then i am clear out of school.  So when i have free time i work to support the family or play a game to wind down.  HL2RP honestly for a lot of us right now is a last priority.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »
summer will bring population back

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 03:01:05 AM »
For the record, GamingZealot's inactivity is due to administrative reasons. OzJackal and I were originally going to PK his OfC, but instead we opted to give him a lengthy ban. Upon issuance of said ban, GamingZealot left the community. He is still on the roster, because he never returned to the server and, therefore, never had his character removed.
Live free or die

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal