Author Topic: For MPF  (Read 1760 times)

Offline DOCTAH DOOM || Pocket???Aces??£

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
For MPF
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:46:20 PM »
This is more of a generalized suggestion, but it does regard the MPF as the title entails so if it is moved to the correct thread, I will be totally fine with it.

I was thinking that since we have control rooms, garages, etc. I think certain units should have some sort of station, it may even give the RCTs to sit around in a control room waiting for a go ahead on a lockdown (an RCT whom is trustworthy or a unit that won't go pushing the lockdown button repeatedly.) but that is the for the sake of example. So, bottom line, I suggest there should be more stationed units rather than all units patrol and do nothing else.
Have you accepted Billy Mays as your lord and savior? Then you believe in the Eastern Oxyclean.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: For MPF
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a setup similar to what we had going on with C8 - duty officer records everything and there's a large room with a bunch of consoles for a bit of passive RP, like writing a report, etc.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing a setup similar to what we had going on with C8 - duty officer records everything and there's a large room with a bunch of consoles for a bit of passive RP, like writing a report, etc.

I think this would be good.  Right now outside of GRID and NOVA there isn't much going for PassiveRP besides the typical eating, drinking, and sleeping.  Duty stations (especially for RCT's done with training) would be a great addition instead of just having people sit around doing nothing.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:27:52 PM »
Alternatively you could patrol.

The problem I get from people that don't have units (namely newcomers or old returners) is that the "new generation" of units flag up instantly, sit around waiting for RP to happen in the nexus, and therefore never step foot outside of the spawn zone fucking the ratio up and enjoying a wonderful bout of AFKing.

The problem is that most people don't think about the standard directives. No unit thinks to do what a unit does best. patrol

I've had complaints with this a few times and I appreciate that citizen RP isn't to everyone's taste however when the ratio is 4 units : 0 citizens and the units at hand are just LOOC chatting in the nexus with their dicks in their hand. Maybe flagging down to be a citizen would bring more people to let the units actually flag back up again, and maybe if they didn't then hide in the nexus waiting for whatever it is they're actually waiting for and went to interact then there wouldn't be a need for these units to get bored waiting around in the nexus.

Sorry if that seems a little mad. Just don't understand why people don't go looking for RP when there's always at least some RP to be had.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal