Author Topic: Josh Mason's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Josh Mason's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 01, 2014, 11:45:48 PM »
Josh Mason's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Comrade Strelnikov

IC Character Name: Josh Mason

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
   My character wishes to join the CCA because he aspires to lead a better life through joining the union, and has always looked up to law enforcement.

The CCA has always been there when my character has needed them, and as such, wishes to "return the favor" so to speak. He's always respected CCA members and wants to take part in what they do.

The final reason is that my character was physically abused as a child and teenager, and as such wishes to combat this happening to other people.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trustworthy. Law-abiding. Confident. Has a wish to protect the populace from physical violence.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
   I expect it to be quite interesting. While I understand that the CCA isn't a conventional police force, they play the role of one and, seeing as how I am becoming a cop IRL, I want to have my character join law enforcement; "fight the good fight", as it is said.

As for my character's IC side of things, I expect it to be a grueling but educational experience. My character, as has been stated, is a sociopath, and as such, would have a lot of interesting scenarios.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
   Josh Mason was born an only child to a middle-class Canadian family in 1991. His father was a violent alcoholic and his mother died in childbirth. He grew up being physically and verbally abused by his father, which caused him to become a clinical sociopath. At the age 8, he was prescribed medication for this.

In 2002, when Josh was 11 years old, his father was killed in a drink-drive accident, and Josh was placed into an orphanage. Because of his sociopathy, he was unable to relate to other children and as such, was targeted by bullies. He had very few friends throughout his childhood and teenage years. During his schooling, he became extremely proficient at mathematics, to the point where he participated in the Caribou Competition and won 2nd place at the national level.

Having remained in orphan care until the age of 18 in 2009, he left the orphanage and moved  from Bedford to Halifax, Nova Scotia, where he applied and was subsequently accepted into Dalhousie University. He worked as a payed intern with the Halifax Regional Police as an administrative assistant to pay his tuition.

In 2013, he graduated from Dalhousie with a Bachelor of Science in criminology. He proceeded to sign up for the Halifax Regional Police full-time, but dropped out prior to completing his training.

In April of 2014, Josh re-joined the Halifax Regional Police, this time taking up a full time job as an administrative assistant, the same job he had interned at during university. He excelled at this, superseding his superiors within months of joining. He was working here when the 7-Hour War struck in 2015. When it was over, Josh has survived by locking himself in the evidence room.

After the 7-Hour War concluded, he was assigned to City 12, where he remained until 2019, when he was transferred to City 18. He proceeded to apply for the Combine Civil Authority, which brings us to present-day.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Approx. 2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Approx. 1 year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since OCRP2's launch (April, 2013).

4. What Time zone are you in?
-4:00

5. In what country do you live?
Canada

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Calling the CCA and receiving a loyalist point after they dealt with the situation at hand. 02/03/14 (DD/MM/YY), CG HL2RP.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Josh Mason
CID: 83362
Height: 5'11"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 135 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Has an inexplicable fear of tissues.
Mental Defects: Is a non-violent sociopath.
Mental Advantages: Proficient at mathematics.
Notable Qualities: Fast runner.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
No.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the CCA simply because I desire to help the people of C18, and the Union as a whole.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Josh Mason hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Edit: Signed in Blue rather than Black.
Edit 2: Just realized I forgot a section. Edited it in.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:57:09 AM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Josh Mason's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 02:18:25 AM »
Accepted for interview.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Josh Mason's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:38:37 AM »
Interview was successful.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal