Author Topic: James Sterling's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
James Sterling's Metropolice Force Application
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:17:19 PM »
David Sterling's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Officialjake

IC Character Name: James Sterling

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
James grew up in Britain where there was for the most part law and order.  He respected the necessity of a government and laws to control the people from becoming a danger to themselves and others.  Part of this stemmed from learning about the lawless Irish Republican Army, a resistance group that fought against the British Army in Northern Ireland.  James found that he wanted to stop those who wish to make the world unsafe and lawless so he studied Criminal Justice in College.

Then the Seven Hour War started.  The world was quickly taken over by the Combine and people were being shipped off to different cities.  James was sent to City 45 where he began living a normal life under the new rule of the Universal Union.  Over time he began hearing about resistance groups sprouting up.  The resistance groups reminded him of the IRA and he feared that they would destroy the new order the Union set up.  Before the world was plagued by war and power struggles but now it is united under one nation and these rebels wanted to undo it all.

James began reporting these rebel groups and the less the presence the rebels had the safer he felt.  After a while though he began to get an itching feeling that he could do more than just report anti-citizens.  What if he could actively fight against them and be a part of the force that brought order to the world?  So he decided to join the Metropolice force.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
My character has an unwavering loyalty to the law, an objective view of the world (logically minded), is disciplined, and is trustworthy. 

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Metropolice Force to be like for you and your character.
For myself I am expecting the Metropolice force to be a new experience RP wise.  I have never had an MPF character before and from what I have heard from others I think that it will be fun especially with the different divisions of the MPF.  I think I would like NOVA or GRID the best because I enjoy medical RP and the mechanical passive RP in GRID is appealing as well.  I would be happy anywhere in the MPF though.

James Sterling doesn't exactly know what to expect.  He is assuming that there will be a rigorous training process that will test him both mentally and physically but doesn't know much about the MPF outside these assumptions.  He has only seen them roving around the city or guarding the Nexus.  He sees this application as a chance to give back to society and risk his life to preserve safety and peace by keeping resistance activity down.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Before the Seven Hour War:

James Sterling was born in London, England to a middle class family.  He grew up in a conservative family and developed a respect for the government and law.  In college he began to study Criminal Justice where he learned about the various aspects of law and the psychology of a criminal. He also learned about the IRA a resistance group in Ireland that fought against the British in Northern Ireland.  He saw them as lawless as they bombed cities like Belfast and put everyone in their path in danger.  They were one of the people he wanted to stop. 

In the summer after his first year of college he attended an EMT class so that he could have an exciting job while in college.  He then got his certifications and got hired before school started again.  When school started again he worked on the weekends and went to school during the week.  While stressful at times he was able to make it work out.  He was an EMT for year and a sophomore in college when his whole life changed forever.

After the Seven Hour War:

After the Combine takeover of Earth James was sent to City 45 where he had to adapt from his previous lifestyle to that of living under the Union.  While it was hard to adjust at first over time he started to see how the Union had come and brought a higher level of order to the world.  There were no more world wars and the Metropolice ensured that the cities would have a maintained sense of order and law.  Of course there were people who did not see the same way he did and tried to make resistance groups against the Union.  He saw these as a threat to the safety of his fellow Citizens and the Union.  He readily informed the MPF of resistance actives and saw it as doing his part for his safety and everyone else.  While he could not practice medicine anymore nor study at his university he could do his part in making the world a better place by helping the Union put anti-citizens down so that the law abiding ones were safe.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not had an MPF character before.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have been playing on RP servers for almost 2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
I have played on serious RP servers for probably a year but I also did serious RP on OCRP 1 and 2 with statua and KJUN in our emergency services org.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I have played on here for about 1.5 years.

4. What Time zone are you in?
-8:00 GMT

5. In what country do you live?
The United States.

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
The most memorable RP experience I had was with KJUN and Statua on OCRP 2 when we were doing serious RP with a bad traffic accident.  We RP'ed extracted the patient from the car without damaging the spine and we also had another member of the org doing traffic control around the accident.  We eventually loaded the patient up then RP'ed a minor surgery.  It was a lot of fun and I would consider it my best RP experience.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: James Sterling.
CID: 77164
Height: 5'11
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 135lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Able to keep calm in high stress situations.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Very Logically minded, less swayed by emotional appeal.
Notable Qualities: Studied Criminal Justice while being an EMT in college.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Metropolice Force Issued Rations?
Yes, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Metropolice Force Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?
I want to join the Metropolice force so that I can help maintain order in the City.  I feel that my skills developed before the war will be beneficial and I would be able to help my fellow citizens be safe from the lawless anti-citizens that seek to destroy the order the Union has strived to create.  By keeping my fellow citizens safe from the anti-citizens I also help preserve the Union and further their cause as well.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, James Sterling hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

EDIT NOTE: Removed the "." after my name because it messed up the title and the oath at the bottom of the page.  Also made my name blue at the bottom of the page.  Accidentally type David instead of James, fixed....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:37:58 PM by Officialjake »
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: David Sterling's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »
UNIT: 807
DIVSION: ECHO
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: David Sterling
Citizen Identification Number: 77164

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Notes:
<::|| Interviewer, verify subject against code 423, 10-107 is possible instance of code 17F. Consult me for further details. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C18.MPF.ECHO-OfC.807
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: James Sterling's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
UNIT: 807
DIVISION: ECHO
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...