Author Topic: Michael Robinson's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Greenman

• The Man Of Green
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Michael Robinson's Metropolice Force Application
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:37:58 AM »
Michael Robinson's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Greenman

IC Character Name: Michael Robinson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
I think the main reason is he's tired. Tired of living in fear, tired of being hungry, tired of being beaten. He's done with it and is willing to do anything for a slightly better and easier life. His situation is a desperate one.

He doesn't particularly care about the cause of the Union, not that he's quick the share this. He's hoping "For a better future" or some other such rubbish will see him through. Little white lies never hurt anyone, he just hopes he can keep up the act for long enough.

He's not particularly anti-Union either however. If nothing else it provides relative stability. He's simply on the wrong side right now. A decent meal and proper shelter sounds extremely attractive to him as well.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
+
Disciplined
True to his word
Unwavering, persistent

-
Sometimes fails to see the bigger picture (Can get caught up in small details, tunnel-vision perhaps a better term)
Stubborn
Not exactly quick to admit mistakes

I expect more traits to develop over time.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Metropolice Force to be like for you and your character.
I've had Metropolice characters before on other servers, I've always enjoyed this type of RP. Just extra opportunities for fun RP. It's a very different style as well, and there's more of an opportunity to create fun RP scenarios for others.

IC, he doesn't really know what to expect. He's only seen the Metropolice operate from the outside, as a citizen. Whatever awaits him, things can't exactly get any worse.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Born in Stoke, England, Michael Robinson led a pretty ordinary life. He has an older brother, Phillip Robinson, but they have since been separated following the Seven Hour War.   

At school he worked hard, hoping to study Biology at University. All things Biological fascinated Michael at this time. Unfortunately, his parents divorced around the time of his exams, a huge disruption in his life. So much so, he failed. He didn't acquire the necessary qualifications to attend University. It was a new low. His strong friendship with his brother got him through some pretty tough time.

After leaving secondary school, he moved from job to job, with no real idea of what he wanted to do. He was hard-working, always giving 100%, but he wasn't really fulfilled. He had aspirations to start his own delivery business with his older brother, with whom he had always had a good relationship with. Whilst he had no real academic qualifications, Michael felt he was intelligent enough to become an entrepreneur. Combined with his brothers charisma and energy, they felt they could build something successful. These plans never came to pass however, as one day everything changed.

Portal storms, alien invasion. The entire world subdued in Seven hours. He and his brother survived, their parents had passed away previously of natural causes. The Combine, as they were known, began setting up on Earth, extracting resources and implementing their own infrastructure. Michael and his brother were separated, both being relocated to different cities. His brother City 28, and himself City 45.

Michael led an ordinary Citizen life in City 45, Civil Authority Housing, attending Ration distributions, experiencing acute stun-baton to the body syndrome, all the things people deal with nowadays. He's done living in fear, barely surviving. Things have to change now, he can't deal with his current situation any longer.       

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 5+ Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Around the same time. I dabbled in DarkRP at the very start, finding HL2RP shortly after.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I first registered in 2011, but didn't stick around long with Gmod in general. Around a week this time around.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT

5. In what country do you live?
United Kingdom

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
I remember some Resistance RP on an old server. Me and a group of people were creating and distributing clean rations to Citizens. It was fun trying to figure out the best way of doing so without being caught.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Michael Robinson
CID: 97848
Height: 6ft 1"
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 162
Mental Distinctions: Quick Thinker
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Mentally Tough. Reliable.
Notable Qualities: Once worked in a Hospital. Learned advanced First Aid.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Never have, never will. Opposition to the Union is opposition to progress.

2. Do you regularly eat Metropolice Force Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Gladly.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Metropolice Force Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, glory to the Union.

6. Why do you want to join the Metropolice Force?
My skills would benefit the Union, and the Union would benefit me. We have done well, and I hope to further the goals of the Universal Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Michael Robinson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:23:40 PM by Greenman »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Michael Robinson's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »
UNIT: 807
DIVSION: ECHO
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...