Author Topic: Bring Back Old Gamemodes  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bring Back Old Gamemodes
« on: April 09, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
Bring back some of the older gamemodes like TTT and Cinema. The forums still exist for them, so why not start hosting them again and give new people some incentive to join CG aside from HL2RP and HRP?

Now, before all of you go saying "IT ISN'T ORIGINAL ENOUGH PEOPLE WON'T PLAY", consider this. Every community out there has a TTT/Cinema server. Despite these gamemodes being re-used everywhere and overdone, they're still incredibly popular and people that don't play Gmod for RP have their heads stuck in these gamemodes more often than not.

Doubtlessly, this thread's gonna attract a lot of flak because yes, CG is an RP-based community. But, population has been hovering where it is around when OCRP died and TOMASAS had his big freak-out and took down HRP for a few days, rather than increasing.

You guys are always saying in the development boards for RP gamemodes that you're building it with "attracting new players in mind" but new players aren't joining and the lack of content is making the people that play Gmod solely for RP bored while they play it. Download time when connecting to a server isn't all that matters. The amount of replayability on the gamemode itself, however, is.

Perhaps we could even get servers for gamemodes we haven't hosted before, such as Stop it, Slender.

Thoughts?
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bring Back Old Gamemodes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »
I take everything you say on board and come back with what most people will say in return.

Most of these smaller gamemodes, unless modded to shit to give them an edge and a reason for people to join, probably won't attract new players just act as a small and quick remedy for people to enjoy after exploding from the drama that Gmod RP causes. And even at that, the buzz around it will die out and in around 4 weeks the population of that server means that it might as well not even be up. It's a standard pattern shown in things like this. They become what I can only describe as a one night stand gamemode.

Although I appreciate what you say and a lot of people would probably get hyped about it, but the hype will only be very short lived. 
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »
Lol

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
I'm all for new gamemodes, however they always end up the same. They're popular for a few weeks, and then they're dead. Just like Nicknero's thread to put up Underdone. I love Underdone, it's one of my favorite gamemodes, but they usually don't last here.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
Just like Nicknero's thread to put up Underdone. I love Underdone, it's one of my favorite gamemodes, but they usually don't last here.

I think one of the factors that usually plays an important role and reason in why they don't last long: Most gamemodes require at least a certain amount of players before they can be fun. Like TTT for example. It's boring as shit with only 2-3 players on. But once it has 8-14 players, it's a whole lot more fun.

Underdone on the other hand stays the same for you regardless of the population. In fact, the less population = the less kill stealing = more fun for you. So that is why I truly believe Underdone has a chance. While gamemodes like TTT which we have put up-down-up-down-up-down many times, have less chance.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »
ttt with mods would be fun

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
ttt with mods would be fun
Yes please... because what I remember is that our TTT server was extremely bland.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal