Author Topic: Don't go on The Spire  (Read 8403 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Don't go on The Spire
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:45:50 PM »
Many of CG players, including myself, have been on The Spire's New Vegas RP. I went to check it out, had a bit of fun, got a creature character, and was planning on perhaps staying and switching between HL2RP and that.

That is, until I learned that the place is owned by an autistic 14 year old and all the admins are the same as him.
 I noticed a lot of the population was retarded, that happens when you have a large RP, but I assumed the good positions were taken by actually not dumb people. I was captured by the Legion, which is not the New Vegas Legion of raping and pillaging but of giving you food and not being mad when you hit them.

I was then introduced to the admin team and Johnny himself. I'd like to note that I talked with a Super Admin and they seemed quite intelligent, so I'll go out and say not the entire admin team is retarded, but a good chunk is. I was actively mocked and insulted by the admins and then kicked for ' Persistently stupid xd.'

I ended up reporting some I thought was an admin, but turned out to be the owner? Or wasn't the owner. The admins don't seem to know who it is because I kept getting different answers.

As you can see, the name of the thread was edited by the person who was being reported on (who may or may not be the owner). There are also actual tags you can put on threads, one being an icon of Rainbow Dash and the word "Autistic." Clearly this is a welcoming community. And also the irony that the admins I've dealt with with autistic themselves.

The responses to the thread were very formal and helpful and not mockingly sarcastic or immature at all.

To give an insight on the rp it went like this
./me readies gun
Johnny is then attacked, his right arm in the jaws of a Gecko.
./me shoots Gecko in the head

Riveting.

The last response was from an admin who I have another encounter with that caused me to make this fine peice of thread.

I went over the Creature rules many times and found nothing about S2King, despite many admins telling me to look and that I'm a moron for not reading them. I talked to a not retarded admin about it after the whole fiasco ended.
Doctor Nice roButt: Read through it again
Doctor Nice roButt: Nothing about S2K
Frahsty: It should be implied
Frahsty: Even if it isn't,
Frahsty: You don't STK a player unless they aree
Frahsty: agree
Doctor Nice roButt: We aren't allowed to defend ourselves if being S2K? We cant attack back because we have to rp it
Doctor Nice roButt: if someone is shooting at us, we have to type out rp as we die from bullets
Doctor Nice roButt: because a rule says its required to rp combat
Frahsty: What
Frahsty: If someone is shooting you
Frahsty: then yes
Frahsty: If they are directly shooting you then STK is allowed
Frahsty: Otherwise STRP
Doctor Nice roButt: Then those should be added. I was mocked and told to look at rules that didnt exist.

But before I was introduced to an intelligent human being, I went onto the server to talk to the admin who closed my thread to talk about it.

Transcript of the encounter:
[Before this, they had informed me that Johnny was the owner, even thought i was told someone named Tom was]
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': Johnny is?
[LOOC] 'Sally': yes
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': oh what
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': I wasn't aware of that.
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': The hell
[LOOC] 'Sally': derp
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': heart attack?
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': You'd think the Owner of the server would learn to rp better.
[LOOC] 'Sally': read up on the rp guidelines for the mutant chars
Giving David Spencer a gmod_camera
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': I have
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': uhh
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': I need a detective
[LOOC] 'Sally': and you would think you would at least realize reporting someone for killing you as a mutant means you should probably read the guidelines
[LOOC] Mutant 'Mr.Muffin': How did my gecko die xD
[LOOC] 'Sally': players are perfectly able to s2k you with NO rp
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': I didnt report him for killing me. He
[LOOC] 'Sally': he what, shot muffin? yeah yeah
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': He didnt kill me, he was insulting me and spawned back into an area he shouldnt be
[LOOC] 'Sally': try not to trip on your hospital blanket you aspie
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': After he avoided rp
Player oren left the game (Disconnect by user.)
[LOOC] 'Sally': you're an idiot
[LOOC] 'Sally': honestly
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': What?
[LOOC] 'Sally': just stop
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': I'm trying to be very civil about this.
[LOOC] 'Sally': your entire argument is invalid
David Spencer has teleported Ferox Lev to their position.
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': Most communities discourage avoiding RP and lolshooting.
[LOOC] Mutant 'Alduin': Maybe I was mistaken
'Sally' has kicked Mutant 'Alduin' for Persistently stupid xd.
Disconnect: Kicked by 'Sally' (STEAM_0:0:17777000) for: Persistently stupid xd.
Disconnect: Kicked by 'Sally' (STEAM_0:0:17777000) for: Persistently stupid xd.

Like I said before, I kept getting told to read creature guidelines and that S2King is allowed with them, but nowhere in the rules does it say that. If that little encounter hasn't solidified the retardation of a chunk of The Spire's admin team, then I'm not sure what will. Before I knew Johnny was the owner, I messaged him multiple times thinking he was an admin and he seemed very incompetent at his job. I looked everywhere for admin rules and if I could report the admins for something that would be considered Rule 1 at CG, but there were none. It's basically a free for all there.

Mr. Pettit: Johnny is 14
Mr. Pettit: You shouldn't go to him for anything.
Mr. Pettit: They don't have the same rules and standards of administration as CG did. They're mostly early teen years.

This whole thing has pushed me away from that server and back towards CG, where I know that the admins are held up to a standard and problems are treated with respect. You might complain that sometimes CG admins can be butts or that Rofl eats too many hotwings, but at least our admins don't constantly insult and mock you, and Rofl isn't an autistic 14 year old.

If this is in the wrong area, feel free to move it. I'm sure most of you will continue rping there, but I'll be sticking with CG.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Don't go on The Spire
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:51:33 PM »
thats why i dont play on other servers lol

cg might have its downs but its far less autistic than p much all the other gmod servers out there
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
I went to go play and as soon as I got in I asked a staff member for a some help on where to find the DL link for their content. They were nice for like five minutes before I got the PM "Fuck off we won't help people from different community's." I replied with "What." Then I got the reply "Unless your willing to leave CG, and make yourself a true member to the Spire then go fuck off." Even after I left I still got heckled by some of their members.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:50:28 PM »
Hm. Interesting. Perhaps we should have a wall if fame and shame for these types of communities. I was about to check it out but after reading this... Hm no.

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »
They seem pretty interested in welcoming new players... Even if they're from rival communities. RIP spire.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
I went to go play and as soon as I got in I asked a staff member for a some help on where to find the DL link for their content. They were nice for like five minutes before I got the PM "Fuck off we won't help people from different community's." I replied with "What." Then I got the reply "Unless your willing to leave CG, and make yourself a true member to the Spire then go fuck off." Even after I left I still got heckled by some of their members.

i wanted to go check out the server just so i could see how austismo it was

not even going to bother after reading this.

im sold on the fact that spire fucking sucks lmao
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:58:19 AM »
Perhaps we should have a wall if fame and shame for these types of communities.

What would that prove?  That sort of thing is beneath you, me, and everyone else at this community.

On topic, that sort of behavior is just absolutely disgusting.  I'd be amazed if their community lasts another month with a stable population.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 05:11:18 AM »
their admins have autism

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 05:26:06 AM »
the spire has like a solid gig of content, and then when you do join everyone's running around with guns and failRPing and then an admin calls you an autist and kicks you
welcome to the spire, enjoy your stay

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
from playing there and reading his posts on fp i've noticed johnny guitar is a holier-than-thou little tit

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
And this is why CG is obviously just one of the better communities. Specially regarding it's administration team.
If we ever do anything wrong, or treat any player with crap, we get yelled at by Roflwaffle. And that only makes sense. Because this thread proves how a community's reputation relies mostly on it's administration team. So having autistic 12 year olds in your admin team isn't going to bring your community any good. And this is also the reason why our administration rule 1 is taken so seriously.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »

And this is why CG is obviously just one of the better communities.

a good community shouldn't need to contemplate comparing themselves with another.

learn from their failures and use them as a stepping stone on the path to glory~

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
http://sovereignroleplay.net/index.php?topic=273.0

looks like they are going around clockwork servers hacking and shit

EDIT: or used to, so yeah its run by 12 year olds
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:18:28 PM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »
http://sovereignroleplay.net/index.php?topic=273.0

looks like they are going around clockwork servers hacking and shit

EDIT: or used to, so yeah its run by 12 year olds

I've looked at some of the admins' steam profiles and I saw one of them was VAC banned.
The community is run by 12 year olds. I think CG would do a better job with our current administrative team to make a server like theirs. They have a lot of cool content and I really wanna mess around with it, but the server is autism.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
I have a VAC ban too :v:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal