Author Topic: The Resisting.  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Resisting.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
The best rebels aren't known, OOC or IC.

ICly proper "rebels" would NEVER go into the city, they'd just use anti citizens or trustworthy citizens to smuggles supplys in, proper "rebels" wouldn't walk around with 9mms and shotguns, even in the outer districts like D2.

Thats why theres going to be an outlands server

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:13 PM »
Why do people resist? No becuase the combine is mean no no.. They only murdered billions of people (women and children too) And they'll kill you for the slightest reason!

EDIT: An outlands server? Thats fucking stupid how can you help people in the City when your on a different Server? Have an area of the map that is the outlands
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:07:18 PM by [={.N.A.L.}=] Renegade Awsome »

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
The admins said they are going to release an outlands server. D2 does not count as outlands, dumbass. D2 counts as canals, Outlands is where antlions and vortigaunts are, and where the Lambda Movement is.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »
The Lambda movement and Vortigaunts all exist in the canals. . .if you don't believe me play the first couple chapters of HL2. An official Lambda Movement group would not be hard to establish, believe it or not, there is actually some idea as to their organization, etc. Go to combine overwiki, to the resistance article.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 06:01:57 AM »
I know how to set it up and do it well. I have on another server. I sent a message to Rofl but no reply as he is always so busy and gets loads of messages. Its not hard to set up and ensure that only the best roleplayers get in. We just need things set up which we need rofl for.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 06:31:31 AM »
I personally don't give a shit about an Outlands server, I'm sticking with my UCA unit. You all can go out and derp around on the beach if you want.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
Cee Pee beach party.

Best. Vacation. Ever.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »
Wanna hear my verdict?

DISCLAIMER: The following profain words are not flaming, more of get the point across and etch the importance of it in your minds.

UCA: Youre not a cop. You're a fucking civil protection officer who is supposed to keep things running smoothly. Any idiot on the street must be dealt with in a mannar that will make him/her remember who's in charge. What is this? Cadet Camp?

Citizens: Stop being little bitches and suck it up. If you're dumb enough to jump on the garbage can, you can expect that your ass will be beaten. Don't like it? Don't be such an idiot. Bored? Learn to passive rp. If done properly, it's not as boring as you think.

Rebels: Guns are not for badassary or showing who's boss. They're to protect you from harm. You usually don't need them if you don't have a big base. Refugees should NEVER have guns. They're not geurilla resistance members. They're escapees. Also, if you think creating a rebel group will get you respect, think again. You get ONE idiot in your group and all respect for your group is gone.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »
Wanna hear my verdict?

DISCLAIMER: The following profain words are not flaming, more of get the point across and etch the importance of it in your minds.

UCA: Youre not a cop. You're a fucking civil protection officer who is supposed to keep things running smoothly. Any idiot on the street must be dealt with in a mannar that will make him/her remember who's in charge. What is this? Cadet Camp?

Citizens: Stop being little bitches and suck it up. If you're dumb enough to jump on the garbage can, you can expect that your ass will be beaten. Don't like it? Don't be such an idiot. Bored? Learn to passive rp. If done properly, it's not as boring as you think.

Rebels: Guns are not for badassary or showing who's boss. They're to protect you from harm. You usually don't need them if you don't have a big base. Refugees should NEVER have guns. They're not geurilla resistance members. They're escapees. Also, if you think creating a rebel group will get you respect, think again. You get ONE idiot in your group and all respect for your group is gone.

Agreed, Statua.
o7

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
    Wanna hear my verdict?

I agree with all of this, especially the thing about "ONE Idiot", as I have learned that an idiot in your group (from experience) can lead to your little refugee group getting destroyed...
That happened because one of the more... lolwebuler types in my small refugee group *Yeah, I harboured refugees in my D2 hideout*  was greedy and wanted guns, so he went up to a loyalist ICly, said something like "You can get me some guns, right?", So, the loyalist locks all of them in a shop in D2, gets a group of about 5 CPs to raid about 2 of the refugees, while I'm sitting out of harms way *facepalming* so badly ICly and OOCly.

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
Well, Obviously we're not allowed to have a Rebel group except for in the Outlands. Which'll never happen sense we were PROMISED an Outlands server, but were recently told that it's a stupid idea and will never happen. And Refugees can have guns. Rebels = Lambda movement in the outlands. Stupid idiots in Jumpsuits who think they're rebels cause they have guns and live in the slums = Refugees.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
An outlands server? Thats THE dumbest idea.. What is the point of hiding or resisting if there's no Combine. If we do go through with this.. Cota should ALWAYS be on and ALWAYS be searching for rebels 24/7

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 01:13:30 PM »
Outlands is mostly for Lambda Movement, Antlion, Vortigaunt, Zombie, Headcrab, and OTA roleplay.

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
Here's the thing about the Resistance concept. I always find it silly when there's groups of people who call themselves "rebels" or "resistance", that have guns, radios, and live apart from everyone else in their own little base.

That's not how it should be. At all. The key to resisting in a society controlled by a totalitarian government is to be discreet about it. Resisting isn't the fact that you carry a small handgun around you. Resisting in my definition means to carry your ideologies around with you, not present to others.

The thing is, most "rebels" just assume they can run off to different places with their friends, and talk about how to kill units. First of all, everyone is monitored and under surveillance at all times. Scanners take pictures of people everywhere, and when you decide to go out to the plaza, you're expected to have a destination. There is presumably cameras and microphones that would pick up suspicious acts, and any change of course should give reason for the combine to intervene and "blacklist" your name. And where would you run? There's cameras everywhere, which sends information to dispatch, and updates nearby units.

There's also the kind of people that just go out of their way, walks up in the middle of the streets, do /yell Fuck the combine!, and spit on oncoming units (maybe not in that extreme level). That's pointless, because the moment you start resisting publicly, the combine would immediately remove you from the streets and send you to nova prospect. After that, there's no point in resisting, since you'd be gone, right?

I will say that the best way to resist is discreetly. Be secretive about it, even go out in your way praising the benefactors and become a loyalist. Do it in a manner where it wouldn't give anyone reason to suspect you of such acts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal