Author Topic: <::|| Union Civil Authority Application Cycle 5 ||::>  (Read 16004 times)

Offline Dankey Kang??¢

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Application Cycle 5 ||::>
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 12:43:09 AM »
OOC Name:Dinky The Dinosaur

IC Character Name:Michael goldbeck

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Michael was tired of being an average Joe. he wanted to be somebody. that's when the combine invaded. Michael tried to run but the combine were to fast. they caught him and placed him in city45.he has tried to escape daily but the combine beat him and beat him over and over. he hasn't tried to escape since  because life has been easy. he hasn't had to work. he hasn't had to do anything. life is freedom for Michael as long as he respects the combine. the world is his playground (within limits). Michael tries his hardest to please the combine. he reports anti-civil behavior daily. he also tries to keep peace in the city non-violently.He has made good friends with a CWU worker and a Italian girl. he also gets rations daily.he hopes to become a civil protection unit one day to keep the peace in his fair city and serve his people.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Trustworthy-will always keep a secret

Loyal-Will always do what hes told

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? i expect it to be fun. i also expect it to be hard work dealing with minges and punchwhores. dealing with those kinds of people are tiring. i know because ive dealt with them before. you should always arrest before you kill. but if you cant arrest you should try to at least reason with them. if reasoning doesnt work you should shoot them. if they keep coming back ask an admin to ge trid of them. i also expect it to be really really time consuming being on all the time (which i am) and doing my part as a Civil protection unit. so thats why i want to become a civil protection unit.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
when Michael found out the world was being taken over by alien scum Michael hid in a dumpster. the combine found him shortly after and shot him in the legs and took him to a hospital for leg surgery. the combine were very nice about it. they gave him rations that made him forget that his legs were bleeding away. they also gave him some Universal union branded books to read while his leg healed. michael learned a lot about the universal union. he learned that the combine were just peacekeepers not monsters. hes loved the combine ever since. he treats the combine with respect. he does everything to please them. he shows his pride with his white UU loyalist armband. he has a request device which he flicks out and reports anti-civil behavior. he also throws away pieces of debris and other things that could potentially be used as weapons in the trash.he has given gifts to the combine to please them but they usually jus trefuse them and give them back but sometimes they keep them and thank him for the gifts.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 1 year

4. What Time zone are you in?(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live?california

6. How old are you?14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?havent had any really good ones

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?half and half

IC Section

Full Name:michael goldbeck
CID:75374
Height:6'0
Hair Colourblack
Eye Colour:blue
Sexual Orientation:straight
Weight:130
Mental Distinctions:none
Mental Defects:none
Mental Advantages:none
Notable Qualities: helpful,trustworthy,a good friend

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?no

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? to stop

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I,Michael Goldbeck hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. Number 1 and 3 are much too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:59:43 AM by Burning Bullet »
LOOC] Ted Simmons (CWU O): Go shove a suppliment up your ass

Offline Jellybelly

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: JWIgnatius

IC Character Name: Matthew Wells

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Matthew Wells has been living in City 45 for as long as he can remember (that is, because they wiped his memory upon transfer.) Before that, he was a promising student at a Combine-sanctioned learning facility. Matthew is a near-god with computers and electronics in general, and was allowed to own these devices. Little did he know the Combine were just using them to locate anticitizens, who were using pre-Combine computers as a means of secure communication. By giving Matthew a computer specially modified with Combine equipment, these communications could be intercepted and traced.

He continued to live his life in the facility, and was actually quite content. Because he was such a great asset to the Combine in the area, his living standards were nice, and he was allowed to socialize with other people who lived in the facility (who were all great minds, which, like him, were all being exploited). He made several friends. However, his life was about to change drastically.

The rebels in the area soon figured out they were being traced, and found out it was coming from the facility at which Matt was living. They attacked and "liberated" the facility. Only some citizens were freed, others were either killed in the crossfire or sent to live in nearby City 45. Matt was one of these people. He wasn't very happy about being sent to City 45. He had none of the benefits he had at the facility, and hated the place in general. By signing up for CCA, he could serve the cause he thought was right, and make sure that all anticitizens paid for their crimes.

Smart: especially when it comes to technology, but is quite knowledgeable in many subjects.

Pro-Combine: always saw things the way the Combine wanted him to.

Follows orders: does not hesitate to perform any action, and does anything he is ordered to very thoroughly.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

I am expecting the CCA to be a chance for me to roleplay a "tough-cop" while also making the server a better place to be. I expect the CCA to be a challenging yet fun role to try and fill, and am willing to be the best cop I can.

Matthew expects the CCA to be a demanding job, but is prepared. He expects to be given orders which he will follow and won't question anything he is asked to do.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Matthew was jolted from his sleep at the sound of an explosion. It was close, not the ka-thud a distant explosion makes. It was a ear-shattering, abrasive sound that shook him physically. It was even so close that it caused the room to shake, putting the thin, rusting metal bars supporting his bed out of their misery. He yelped as his bed toppled over and dumped him five feet (he had the top bunk) into the floor. His face broke his fall.

"Shit!"

His roommate was already standing half-way out of the door to their room, watching as several Combine troops scrambled down the hallway. He stepped back inside, turned on the lights and shut the door. He was starting to get his issued clothing on when he noticed Matt lying on the floor.

"You okay, man?"
"No, I'm not, Evan. I think I broke my fucking face!"

Evan hopped across the room, still getting his pants on, and helped Matt off the floor. Then the sirens went off.

"That's not good." Matt said.

In his entire time at the facility, Matthew had never heard the sirens go off. Usually they just issue warnings through the PA. The shit must have really hit the fan this time. But they knew the drill, at least. If the siren went off, they were supposed to head down to the nearest shelter. For them, that was all the way across campus.

Matt got his clothes on while Evan looked out the window to see what was happening.

"I see gunshots. We need to get to the shelter, man!" Evan shouted. The explosions were becoming more frequent, the gunshots more prevalent.

The two left their room and started down the hallway. They rounded the first corner and froze when they saw three armed men enter the building through a hole that had been blown in the wall. Suddenly one of the men was shot through the throat, tainting his teammate behind him with blood. The man grabbed his neck as he was choking and fell over backwards. The other two men raised their weapons and fired in the direction the shot came from.

Matt took a turn that led to the main courtyard, gesturing for Evan to follow him. They emerged into the courtyard to find a full-blown firefight in progress. The facility guards were outnumbered. Evan and Matt made a dash for the shelter. Evan rounded a corner and shouted,

"There's the shelter! Come o-"

Matt was paralyzed as his face became soaked in the blood of his best friend. Evan made a sick gurgling sound, and fell backwards into Matthew's arms. Matthew couldn't speak. He pulled Evan away from the corner. Then his eyes rolled back into his head, and he died. Matt dropped Evan and started to run when something knocked him out. When he woke up, he was in a train. A voice came over the loudspeaker.

"Now arriving: City 45. Do your part and enlist in the Combine Civil Authority. Report anticitizen behavior."

Matt knew what he was going to do here.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Ever since I got GMod, about 3-4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About 2 years is when I really got into them.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About 2 months now.

4. What Time zone are you in? Central Daylight Time.

5. In what country do you live? United States.

6. How old are you? 14 years.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? About 2 years ago, I can't remember the server name, but we actually were all RPing, no minges, everyone was doing their job. The whole thing was just one epic experience.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Matthew Christopher Neely
CID: 94253
Height: 5' 3"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 125 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Above-average mental capacity
Notable Qualities: N/A

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To serve the greater good, to keep a stable environment and to enforce the law.

I, _Matthew Wells_________ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. Number 3 is too short.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:50:34 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Das

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 02:53:06 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Das

IC Character Name: Lucy Rodgers

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
            Well the Civil Authority is one of the best jobs you can have in the cities, so that is a bonus. The Civil Authority probably have a better lifestyle, and more money. The Civil Authority get to carry weapons, which would generally make them more safe from the potential dangers of the cities. The Civil Authority always have something to do, whether it's patrolling, or guarding checkpoints.
           Also, her father was a police officer, who taught her a good deal about the law, and taught her to respect it. This eventually led her to detest criminal behavior. He groomed her from a very early age to be a police officer, but she never made it to the academy before the Combine occupied the Earth. Her father inspired her to uphold the law, no matter the cost.
           Finally, she was training to be good enough to go to the police academy before the Combine took over, and is still in shape. She hates crime, and the Civil Authority is a way to punish it. She went to college, and has a masters degree in criminology, and it would be a shame for it to go to waste. She also wants to follow somewhat in her father's footsteps, and she admired him very much.

Lawful, determined, passionate about her beliefs, responsible, disciplined, honorable, focused on her work, intelligent.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
       Similar to being a police officer in many aspects, the discipline, and the responsibility is still there, still patrols and procedures. I expect not much respect from citizens, but rather a masked fear, though some will be bold enough to speak out. Not much respect from the higherups, being just a recruit. Much of the time will probably be spent patrolling and stuff like that.
             It wil probably also be tough, given that recruit are given little respect and little equiptment. Not to mention it will be dangerous because of the rebels, which seem to be getting bolder all the time. It will probably also be very interesting, having all the procedures, and policies, not to mention the things that happen around the city that are pretty strange.

Her father was a police officer, and her mother was an english teacher. From a very early age her father taught her respect and discipline, this doesn't mean her father was stern or mean, just that her father taught her how to be have, and how to treat people. From an early age it was clear she was smart child, she excelled at learning. Her parents were very active in her growth, and development, but her father was sometimes busy with work and couldn't be there.
   She had a good childhood growing up, her parents weren't rich but they could afford most things. She got a good education, and made plenty of friends. She got good grades, was active in the comunity, and played a good deal of sports. Her father had been grooming her to be a detective when she grew up, and taught her everything he knew about crime, law, and procedure. It was from her father's lessons on crime that she developed a distain for crime.
       Not only was she on the tennis, and track teams, but she was also in the chess club and student government in highschool. She got almost straight A's, and was in all honors classes. She was in eleventh grade when her father retired after taking a bullet in his shoulder durring a bank robbery. Her father getting shot didn't deter her from the police force though. She graduated with a 3.8 G.P.A. and went to college.
       She went to college practically for free because of her scolarships. College was some of the best years of her life. She stayed out of trouble, did all of her homework. She worked toward getting a major in criminal psychology. She ended up getting her major in four years by taking semesters of college in the summer. After college she got a job working for a security company as an intern.
       She worked hard at her job, and she was good at it. Not only was she working hard at her job, she was training for the police academy, planning on going there once she finished her internship. She went on daily runs, went regularly to the gym, and ate a healthy diet, her father taught her to take police trianing very seriously. She was almost finished with her internship, when the Black Mesa Incident happened, and the Seven Hour War followed just after. She was smart, stayed indoors, and peacefully gave herself up when the Combine took over.   
       She soon found herself in City 4, just another citizen. She thought that the combine occupation had at least put an end to crime, but soon discovered that was not the case. She changed Cities every so often and eventually landed in City 45, but everywhere she went she was eventually branded a loyalist because she reported crimes commited by other citizens. After seeing  poster about Civil Authority, she decided to sign up, it was like being a pre-war police officer, she was already fit in anticipation of becoming a cop and staying in shape after the occupation, and she was already branded a loyalist, so she decided to sign up.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
about eight months, over the course of a few years
2. How long have you played on serious servers?
about six months
3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
about a month
4. What Time zone are you in?
US Central
5. In what country do you live?
United States of America
6. How old are you?
7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On a Fallout RP server I spent a good deal roleplaying in a town I ran, lots of good roleplay, arrested a few people, killed some, ran the local bar, made renovations, and set up a whole gate which I constructed out of wood, with metal plating nailed to it.
8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Lucy Rodgers
CID: 37694
Height: 5 feet 8 inches
Hair Colour Light brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 120 pounds
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Above average intelligence
Notable Qualities: Disciplined, intelligent, fit, determined

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.
3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.
4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.
5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.
6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To keep the streets free of crime, and to punish those who do not follow the rules. Also to serve the Universal Union, which has reduced crime, and keeps most of us civil.

I, _____Lucy_Rodgers_____ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW- Application was good, unsure what was meant by the Seven Hour War following "soon after", but the issue is negligible.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:02:58 PM by Burning Bullet »
CCA.C18.GRID-04.376 - DEAD Made one mistake too many.

Sarah Jones - ALIVE Depressed., contemplating suicide.

Steven Hughes - ALIVE Living in the outlands as a quiet badass.

Tim Roark - ALIVE Kissing much CCA ass, hoping to get into the CCA to finally be a use to something.

Offline Diebrox

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Diebrox

IC Character Name: Jackson Doe

During the seven hour war Jackson didn’t even attempt to resist against the Combine because he knew the human had no chance. He was relocated to city 70, a rather quiet city with a small population. Jackson always followed the orders of the Civil Protection, thus he never got into any problems and never earned any points. If he saw any suspicious acting people he reported them to the Civil Protection right away to show his loyalty to the combine.
His reputation was very bad amongst the local resistance; they gave him the nickname “Betrayer of Humanity”. But this one particular day changed his entire mind about the combine. That day he was attacked by a resistance member that was mad at him because he got his best friend amputated; the rebel was holding a sharp butcher knife at Jackson’s throat and said: “Well, what are you going to do now, traitor? You gonna call the cops?” while laughing sarcastically. The rebel was slowly starting to press the knife into his throat.
 Jackson was screaming in pain and his throat started bleeding, but suddenly a Civil Protection officer popped out of a corner and flicked his stunstick on. The Officer started punching the rebel unconscious and took both, the unconscious rebel and Jackson with him. The Civil Protection patched Jackson’s wound up and let him go. Since this day Jackson has a scar on his throat and is more thankful to the CCA than ever before, but he moved to city 18 to make sure this kind of an incident would NEVER happen again.

Loyal
Respectful

OOC:
I have never been in the role of a CCA officer, so it would be an entire new serious roleplaying experience for me. It will be a challenge and I will have to learn many new things like all the radio commands, the verdicts, etc. I will have to deal with many new roleplaying situations from a whole new perspective. Also, I’m hoping I will never have to deal with mingebags.

IC:

Jackson is expecting hard training and many orders from higher ranks. He thinks it will often be hard work, but it will pay off. Working for the CCA is also his way of saying “thanks” for saving his life. It’s a challenge he is willing to take.

Jackson Doe was born in America on the 28th August of 1986. His mother, Caroline Doe was 30 years old when he was born. His father, John Doe died in a firefight 2 months before his birth. John Doe worked as a police officer. During the said firefight 4 heavily armed criminals were robbing a bank and killed 10 people including John Doe and his partner Matt Johnson. They were already shot at when they arrived; they had no time to call for support. All of the criminals were armed with AKs. They both were hit into the stomach and bled to death. 30 minutes after John and Matt died other police officers managed to arrest them.
 When Jackson was 6 years old his mother married a brutal man called Jack. He worked in a factory and was 42 years old. At first he seemed very friendly, but a half year later he showed his true face; he was an alcoholic and was always drunk when he got home from work. Once Jackson turned 8 the real problems started, Jack hit Caroline and Jackson almost every day. One time he even made Jackson’s nose bleed and broke his left leg. A year later he was caught by the police during a fight in a bar; the man he was fighting against died while he was in the hospital. Jack was let out of the prison 5 years later, during that time Jackson was 14 years old. Jack hadn’t changed in any way; he kept hitting Jackson and Caroline. She couldn’t stand it anymore and they divorced a few months later. It didn’t stop Jack though. He was like a hunter that found his prey; he wouldn’t give up. He kept breaking into Jackson’s house by throwing a stone through their windows; he stole their things or simply destroyed something. And then, on a Sunday night, he went completely crazy. He broke down their door and went in with a sharpened knife and cut through Caroline’s neck. The entire room was spilled with blood. The loud scream woke up Jackson; he ran into his mother’s bedroom and saw blood everywhere. Everywhere. After this event he was put into an orphanage. His grades in school were usually normal to good, but the fact that he had no parents that could help him anymore made him get worse and worse in school. Two years after he barely made it out of school he moved into his own apartment and found a job as carpenter. And then he saw him… He saw Jack in a bar. Typical. He waited outside the bar for him to get into his car. Jackson followed him with only goal; get revenge. Jack parked his car in front of his house and got out. He locked his car and walked towards the house. Jackson sneaked up to Jack when he was about to open the front door and strangled him to death. He pulled the dead corpse into a bush so no one would find out what happened. Jackson nervously got back into his car and drove to his apartment to think about what he just did. Luckily the police never found Jack’s corpse. When Jackson turned 23 the seven hour war came. He didn’t even try resisting; he knew he and the rest of humanity had no chance. After the seven hours of earth being taken over by the combine he was first relocated to city 70, a very quiet city with a small population. He forgot everything about his past life due to the rations he ate daily. Jackson was known as “Betrayer of Humanity” among the local resistance of city 70. About five and a half years later he was attacked by a rebel, (see section 1 for more detail) and when he was about to get killed a civil protection officer saved him. To make sure this kind of an incident would never happen again he moved to city 18 a half year later.

OOC Details

Around 1 year
A half year
Not sure, a month I believe
CET
Germany
6. How old are you?
There’s not really anything that special to be honest.
Yes I do.

IC Section

Full Name:Jackson Doe
CID: #45842
Height: 6’2
Hair Colour: Dark brown
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 187lb
Mental Distinctions: Not very social, Innovative, otherwise none
Mental Advantages: Intelligent, Innovative
Notable Qualities:
Loyal
Disciplined
Fit
Respectful
Honest

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I have never been detained.

Yes, I always eat them.
3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am.

Yes.
5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

I have always been loyal and will remain loyal.

I want to join the CCA to show my thankfulness to the Civil Protection and enforce the law. I want to prevent murders and crimes. Or to summarize it: I want to keep city 18 safe.

I, Jackson Doe hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied. Number 3 is too short. A slight canon issue in #1, could a citizen REALLY move to another city of his/her own will?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:06:28 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Nikolai

IC Character Name: Seriozhenka Anchova

Seriozhenka wants to join the Combine Civil Authority to assist in the maintaining of sociostability among civilians. He believes in the importance of a civil environment within the limits of the city. He believes that all civilians who have not committed major offences towards the Combine Civil Authority deserve a fair chance at civilized life. However, he strongly believes that any civilians who have not committed major offences are traitors to the Universal Union and deserve to die a traitor's death.

He also has previous personal experiences that influence his wish to join the Combine Civil Authority. He was kidnapped and brought into Sector Six on a dark stormy night. He was told to give his keys to his apartment in the Combine Civil Housing, and to never come back again. The men threatened him and told him that if he told any Civil Protection unit he would be killed.

There was also family influence. Before the arrival of the Combine, his father had always been loyal to the U.S.S.R. and then Russia and had fought in the Russian-Afghan war in the late 1980s. Seriozhenka's father once said "I don't care who leads you, loyalty is always the best option." He always lived up to his father's words, and didn't intend on stopping, even under the most tyrannical rule.

My character is a very loyal subject. However, he is very nervous and skiddish because he has some knowledge of what the Combine Civil Authority has done, both to civilians and it's own recruits.

Mmm....this one's difficult. Well, I wish I could take the short way out, and say it would be like when I was in it, but I think it will be a educational and overall fun experience for myself out-of-character. I plan to have fun, and to live up to the roleplaying standards that I have held myself up to thus far, and perhaps improve on my roleplaying skills.

Seriozhenka is very nervous about joining the Combine Civil Authority. Although he believes strongly in the discipline of those who are not loyal to the Combine, he is very scared of what could happen to him. He is scared of who his superiors may be, or of what civilian could be hiding around the corner with a pistol, with vengeance on his mind.

Seriozhenka Anchova was born on a rainy Saturday in July, 1979, on his father's farm in Southern Russia. The same year, the Afghan Civil War, with Soviet involvement, started. This would greatly impact Seriozhenka's life later. As a young child, Seriozhenka did not receive formal education. His mother taught him simple arithmetic, writing skills, and reading skills on the weekdays. Every Saturday, a tutor would drive out to the farm from Moscow to teach more advanced skils to Seriozhenka. In 1986, Seriozhenka's father, who was an enlisted soldier in the 40th Army of the Soviet Union, was given notice that he was being deployed in Afghanistan, and that he and his family would need to move to Moscow until deployment in six months.
   Seriozhenka was not very willing to leave the farm, however Moscow was very beneficial to him. Seriozhenka learned of the bustling city, and Seriozhenka was finally able to go to a proper school. He was enlisted into an all-boys private school – the cheapest available private school in Moscow. Seriozhenka was learning more than he would ever be able to learn on the farm. In 1989, the war ended, as did his father's life. Seriozhenka and his mother did not have enough money to move back to the farm, so his mother had to get a job as a maid. Seriozhenka was disappointed with this, but he knew it was the only possible way to get by.
   At the age of sixteen, in 1995, Seriozhenka left home – and the Russian Federation – and moved to Krakow, Poland, where he would finish high school in a much more advanced private school than the one in Moscow, and then, hopefully, go to the University of Krakow. Seriozhenka knew he – with the assistance of his mother – would not fund his years in college. However, Seriozhenka was going to the University of Krakow to study medical science. He was able to convince a very wealthy friend of his who was a surgeon at the Krakow General Hospital to pay for Seriozhenka to go to college, as long as he worked as an unpaid assistant to the surgeon. Seriozhenka was able to maintain a 3.78 Grade Point Average throughout his years at the University of Krakow. He graduated in 2001 with a bachelor's degree in medicine and surgery. He was later hired at Krakow General Hospital, to work as a  nurse under the surgeon who had funded his education. He worked there until the arrival of the Combine, after which he was assigned to City 18.

OOC Details

Two years.

Six months.
Since February 12th - launch of Harbor RP.
Eastern Standard Time
The United States
6. How old are you?
My most memorable quality RP experience would probably have to be the roleplay between my former CCA unit and a NOVA unit when I fell off the tower in City 45 and broke a cervical vertebrae in my spine.

For the most part.

IC Section

Full Name: Seriozhenka Anchova
CID: #05787
Height: 6'0''
Hair Colour Blonde
Weight: 165 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Social deprivation.
Mental Defects:Acute paranoia.
Mental Advantages:The ability to consider both sides of a conflict, and make an non-bias decision no matter what the circumstances.
Notable Qualities:
The ability to work efficiently with co-workers.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Of course.

To maintain a low level, or complete halt, of anti-citizenship within the city.

I, Seriozhenka Anchova, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:12:37 AM by RTLK »
Live free or die

Rikki Statham

Re: <::|| Union Civil Authority Application Cycle 5 ||::>
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Rikki

IC Character Name: Jenifer Cooper

My character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority because she wishes to help the Combine regime in its triumphant march to control the world. She feels that the Combine rule is the best rule available due to her life. She was in a orphanage being beaten and starved during this time she lost all her innocence. After the Combine liberated the earth she was living on the streets so she took the Combine rule as her own.
My character had a medical flair that always showed up on occasion where it was needed. However at this time Jenifer has an overwhelming need to help people but mostly the Combine. After she was moved to city 18 she was raped and beaten only furthering her internal driving of revenge on the people that did this. During this time she never stopped to help the Combine in their march to control the world.
Jenifer always kept abiding the Combine and CCA rule but never took the next step. Jenifer now wishes to join the CCA to help the Combine in their glorious rule. Also during this period Jenifer always wished to pursue her life with anything medical, even without a personality. Also i wish to keep the population of minges in HL2RP down in anyway i can.

Jenifer is very trustworthy, But does not have a personality because of her past.

I am expecting the CCA to be tough and hard but it will be worth it for my role play abilities on both sides of the way HL2RP does it. My life in the CCA will be very strict and straight to the point but that's the Combine in a sense  that they will rip you apart without batting an eye.
However on my character i expect the CCA to be very tough when needed and worthy of time. But throughout all of this i expect the CCA to have a never ending grudge that they have on everyone. Throughout all of this the CCA and I will benefit from having me on their force (hopefully).

Born on October 3rd of 1991 Jenifer Cooper was born to Tony and Rikki Cooper after a brief affair when her mother visited England. Her father died in the Gulf war as part of the British Military and the news never made it to her until a year later at which time the Ukrainian military took her mother. After her mother was taken away Jenifer was a warden of the state and taken to an orphanage which was in serious despair. At this orphanage she gained a small hatred for mankind from the beatings and starvation that took place their because of the workers. After a few years at the orphanage she finally got to be able to fight back and did so. at the age of 17 just before she was about to be beaten she killed an worker out of a fit of rage. At this time the rest of the orphanage was in a small rebellion that was dulled down by the police. Jenifer was sent to jail for 5 years but the Combine liberated the world just over 1 year into her sentence and she too the Combine rule as her own because she had no other one to go by. Today she wants more than anything to help the Combine in a return of a favor from her younger years where they saved her life. But she also wants to pursue whatever she has left of her medical knowledge in where it would be applicable, the CCA. Above all else Jenifer wants to show people that the Combine are the best thing that has and ever will happen to earth. She wishes to show people the good side of the Combine and what good things they are doing for citizens and the earth both. Hoping she makes into the CCA she holds onto that passion inside her and carry's on life hoping it happens.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 or so years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About a year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About a month.

4. What Time zone are you in? EST -5 GMT

5. In what country do you live? USA

6. How old are you? 19

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? During a raid a COTA unit threw a granade in a room after it exploded he checked the room and said "Cleaned" i said "How?" and the unit said "I threw the thing in the thing and watched the thing do its thing."

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Based on mood yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jenifer Cooper.
CID: 22184.
Height: 5,4.
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Blue.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 86.
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: Can remember a lot.
Notable Qualities: Can run fast.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Once after saying for unit to treat someone with respect after dragging her on her face out of the CCH without an offence

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Thats the only thing i eat.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?  Very much so

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Without batting an eye.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I wish to join the CCH to make my role play skills better on both sides of the Combine regime and to enforce the Combine rule over the planet.

I, Jenifer Cooper hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied. #3 is riddled with fragments and is too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:09:38 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline timmy the turtle

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
OOC Name: Sledge hammer

IC Character Name: Josh Feldman

Josh is driven by power, something he doesn't receive as a normal civilian. He believes that being part of the Combine Civil Authority would bring him more power than he receives now. Josh also needs respect, his peers do not not respect him, or treat him decently to other people he is scum a nobody.

Josh is a strong believer in following the rules,( sure the rules may be oppressive but there still rules) no matter who is charge. The benefits also attract josh, he love the idea of being trusted to be handle fire arms and have signaficly more power.

Josh also see more profit in being a Combine Civil Authority, he loves the fact he would receives more rations for what he might do. He also enjoys the fact of being a combat trained person, he would be more dangerous, than when he came in.

Trustworthy, Lawful, Power driven, Distant, Intelligent, Law oriented and Trustful.

Im expecting it to be a strict realistic role play or a Metro cop in half life 2, having a strong willing to role play community makes it seem way more enjoyable to play. Having a organized team of fellow Combine Civil Authority units seems like there will be a lot of tactical moment and tough decisions to  make as a Combine Civil Auhtority.

Josh is expecting a strict workforce that will pay off in benfits. He is expecting a bunch of power and respect will be given to him while on duty.  He is expecting to treat his duty with responsibility, or having that privilege being took away.

DENIED. Application is incomplete.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:10:10 PM by Burning Bullet »

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
OOC Name: locksmith9898

IC Character Name: Kharn Crain

After living through the war between the Combine and the Human Armies, Kharn witnessed atrocities like no other. Scared and alone he began to travel, and  soon ended up at the train station of city 18.
With a heavy heart he allowed himself to be taken under the control of the ones who took his friends lives away. He began to adapt to city life. But he wanted to feel the power. He lusted after this feeling. He got more and more enraged at his lacking amount of power in his life. He felt a lost of control. Soon he begun to have periods of blackness. But in those periods he became a mad man. He lost all self control and begun to rant and rave. He soon found himself in front of the recruitment office.
His destiny laying before him, he went forward. He passed by many new arrivals. As he made his way towards the line he began to wonder. " What will this provide for my life?" A single worded answer came back. "Power, the Power to change lives for good or for worse." He started his long walk towards the office.

The will to survive, Strong, Good willed during the day, Manic during the lock downs

Well it would be a terrible and destructive journey for the sanity of my character,or it will provide him the perfect place to finally lay his friends souls to rest in his mind. The perfect place for him to grow as a leader and a healer. To be in a seat of mild power would help calm him down.
The CP's would provide a place to grow into his newly formed life as a worker and protector of the admistrater. It would provide the food he so badly needs. The protection from a larger force seeking his soul.

Explosions, I see nothing but explosions. And death. My fellow man falling while i cower in a corner. I deserved to be found, I had given up on my friends to watch them fight against the invaders. I can't stop seeing their faces. It's all I see when i close my eyes. I can't rest without being haunted. Run, my mind says to me, " Run and don't stop until you see the trees." So I ran, Farther and farther away from my home. Passing by chaos and destruction I never stopped. " You should have stayed" my mind tells me "You should have died with your friends" I know, I should be dead. But no I lived because I was a coward. " No you lived because you saw what no one else saw." Wait what? "You saw the futility of fighting. You chose to live. You should have died, but you didn't. Now find the city and live with new friends." No. The combine will kill me. I can't, I WON'T!
That was 2 years ago. I couldn't stand living in the trees anymore. Or what was left of them. I just need the security of living with a group of people. So I must make the journey to city 18. I passed by it on the way here. I must reach it before the antlions kill me. I have to... Make.. It.. THERE!

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About 2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About 1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?  Really this is my first time

4. What Time zone are you in? Pacific

5. In what country do you live? USA

6. How old are you? 16

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I had this experience as a city guard. And the Breen of our city was being assaulted by the mafia. It had to be the most epic slow battle ever. We didn't just shoot. We had to talk them down and arrest them. We lost half of our men and we even Roleplayed our wounds. I was shot in the leg so i had to walk slower than all the other CP's. 

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes. Though somethime cause of my ADD i get distracted. I'll turn off my laptop whenever i join the server.

IC Section

Full Name: Kharn Crain
CID:52208
Height:5 ft 6 in
Hair Colour white
Eye Colour: green/hazel
Sexual Orientation: its a secret
Weight: 150
Mental Distinctions:Bi polar
Mental Defects:PSD
Mental Advantages: none
Notable Qualities:Powerful Will and Drive

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I was AFK and laid down. The officer asked 6 times for me to get up. Since i was AFK i did not respond. That was really it.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? When i can get them

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? HELL YES!

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes SIR!

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? YES SIR!

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To prove myself and show that i am a hope to citizens. That in the combine there are caring soldiers fighting for you.

I, Kharn Crain hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b] :P

DENIED. 1 and 3 are too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:10:40 PM by Burning Bullet »

zmace

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:zmace

IC Character Name:jack joenson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Jack always wanted to be a part something big, something he could dedicate he's life to he's dad always told him that the army and the police is the biggest you can be a part of,
since its the things that have control over order and chaos.

Jack have always been drawn by the feeling of doing something right since he accidentally killed whole his family(mom, dad, and he's 2 brothers), he had been destroyed and wanted to follow something so he could forget about everything else, and be 100% willing to sacrifice everything he has and ever had.

When Jack was little he used to hunt with his father and fell in love with the feeling you get when you hold a gun and takes somethings life, not because that he would murder someone without reason but if it came to the part he wouldn't hesitate, he had always wanted to try being within something like the military but since the Combines destroyed that he wanted to join them instead, and never hesitate when it comes to be loyal.

Loyal, trustworthy, intelligent, lawful and good listener

It will be hard work and training but i love hard work the harder the more fun, i learn pretty quick and know how to handle lawbreakers, i love the idea of this theme since it makes you try the life in a combine controlled city its strict its crowded and people still seems to break such a simple rule as no running.

Its gonna be fun to try something like being a member of CCA i have never tried it, and i look to be fun and entertaining, i like how the citizens work for the food and break rules without any luck its hard but you know the sentence is work hard earn hard.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Jack was born in a small town in the year 1990 on June 6 he grew up in the village iowa with her two offense was five years older than Jack one day they came home with some things from the military after they had been in Afghanistan they had a mine the thought was not armed and there was Jack just 15 years and would see the mine he had never seen such a thing before, he laid it on the floor and went up to her væresle as there had been little he heard a huge bang when he came in the room was their table away and there was lots of blood all over Jack and began crying when he saw his two brothers and his parents lie scattered in the room, he was then picked up by a policeman who took him to the emergency room and told him that they were all dead on the spot if Jack knew huh what had happened and Jack replied no, but come to think of mine he had placed on the floor before he had gone up on his væresle, the officer asked if he had another family but Jack said no and was then placed in foster care, where he lived until he was 18 when he moved into a city where he started a school to be served but the same year he began conquering combine ground and he became obsessed to be in the new security forces, the years went by and it is now 2016 and he was told he could enroll at CCA

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About 2-3 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1,2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 3 months, almost all the 3 months without being registered

4. What Time zone are you in? +01

5. In what country do you live? Denmark

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When i played with some friend on one of the first RPG servers it was pretty fun being able to become a cop, mayor and such stuff, even buying a home and filling it with your own stuff, we had a lot of fun with trying to arrest newbies and such but they kept running away till we had to shoot them,

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes indeed, but also deepends on my mood if i am in a good mood i listen a lot if not i can get distracted.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Joensen
CID: 63481
Height: 1,85meters
Hair Colour Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straigth
Weight: 70kilograms
Mental Advantages: Knows how to make people do what he wants
Notable Qualities: Runs fast, is agile, learns easy, likes work

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Yes, i was taking a dead body to the nexus for the CCA and i got arrested, and i accidentally ran,

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? when im on its normally locked,

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes without doubt

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? Its big nice and i like thier outfits its neat, and see the fear in a citizens eyes when one from the CCA comes by.

I, Jack Joenson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. 3 is too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:11:37 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Rec. J. Webster [1st MRB]

IC Character Name: James Morgan

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. James is a loyalist, and feels that it is his duty to help the combine keep the city from being in complete chaos. Civil Protection has always been an interest of his his, not only for the benefits, but for the personal satisfaction of keeping the streets "safe" from civil unrest. He witnessed the 7 Hour War, and hated the Combine, but he learned to love them, from the water, and from the messages on the giant television screen, assuring them that it was safe, and that the Combine where only here to help him and humanity progress. He also wants to help the Combine "quell" the Rebel forces, seeing as they cause so much hype.

James hates the hype that the Rebels causes, he feels that he should go to the Combine to help the Citizens live a peaceful, good life. He also believes that the Combine should control the world, seeing as they have "helped" humanity so much. He also loves the peaceful life, and hopes that one day, everyone can live it. But he does understand that the authority that is given to him comes with responsibilities, which he looks forward to.

He also wants to help the Combine control the animal, and alien, species that threaten every day life. He feels that if the Combine does not destroy, or control them, humanity could die its self. The Combine also seem like heroic figures to him. He strives to become one of those heroic figures, and help the Citizens with their every day responsibilities, and issue them to the Citizens.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Friendly, Optimistic, Loyal, Willing.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I expect the Combine to be interesting RP, and fun, but serious at the same time. Depending on what squad I go into, I expect a lot of different RP. I also expect a lot of patrolling, guarding, and helping other Combine units. I also expect the Combine to depend a lot on team work, and militarized or police force RP.

If I get into GEAR, I expect a lot of mechanical RP, and repair RP, as well as building RP, which is interesting to me, but probably not the path I'd want. If I get into NOVA, I expect a lot of medical RP, and maintaining a medical station RP. Which would probably be my second choice, and a very interesting one. If I get into APEX, which would be my first choice, I would expect a lot of maintaining the detainees, checking their status, and how long they are detained, also administering their punishment. This would be my first choice, and my the most interesting to me.

James was born in London, England. It was a very big city, and he didn't enjoy the city life, but he always loved the weather in England. He saw things on the optimistic side, though he was a strict atheist. His family wasn't very happy, his mother and father always got in arguments. James thought these arguments where caused by him. But he always enjoyed the time he spent with his family when they where not fighting. He was also very active, he played football, or soccer, in school with his friends. He attended school, and his grades where average, he usually got Cs or Bs, which where satisfactory to him, but his teachers always pushed him, saying that he could do better. He passed the grades, without being held back. In his junior year at high school, he moved to Scotland, there he attended high school and college.

In Scotland, he wasn't popular, but he had a few friends. He was normal, for your average Joe's standards. He wasn't made fun of really, but he had a lot of enemies. Eventually, he graduated high school, and then looked at his college choices. He got into your average college, nothing too special, but it was sufficient. He graduated college, but his grades dropped, he now only averaged Cs, no Bs. During his time at college, he got a bit irresponsible, and partied a lot. But when he graduated, and stepped into the world of an adult, it all vanished.

During the days leading up to the incident, he worked at a car dealership, selling cars. He had made a good amount of money, and was living well, but when the Xen alien refugees flood into Earth, he was forced to abandon the business. He fled to a protected city, and used the rest of his money to continue living. Not long after, the Seven Hour War came. He fled to the cellar of a bar, and waited it out. When he had heard humanity had surrendered, he came out, hands high, and surrendered to the Combine's rule.

During the first weeks, he hated the Combine, but slowly, he began to lose his memory from the water, he drank a lot of it. With the help of the supporting words of Dr. Breen, he learned to love Combine, and wanted to do nothing but serve them to help humanity. His first city was City 23, and it wasn't so good there. Many problems ran in the City, but he constantly wanted to help the Combine. While being a loyalist, he got many death threats. He eventually requested to leave the City, then he went to City 18, his new City, there he lives the rest of his life, hoping to help the Universal Union.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 2 days, though I've only registered on the forums today.

4. What Time zone are you in? -5 EST

5. In what country do you live? United States

6. How old are you? 20

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? STALKER RP, I was captured by a faction named the "Neutral Cross" for banditry, even though I was innocent. First, we got into a gunfight, my buddy got shot in the head by a sniper, and I was shot in the leg and knocked un-conscious. I was taken to their base, and interrogated. Then my saviors came, validating that I was innocent, and I was let go, I found it pretty fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: James Carter Morgan
CID: #62056
Height: 6'1"
Hair Colour Black
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 195 Lbs.
Mental Advantages: N/A
Notable Qualities: Willing to take on many responsibilities

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?  Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Absolutely.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Absolutely

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I wish to help the Authority protect the civil state of the city, and quell the rebel forces within it. Over all protecting the day to day life of the Citizens.

I, James Carter Morgan hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:31:38 PM by Burning Bullet »
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Hercule

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 08:44:19 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Hercule

IC Character Name: Annie Deschnes

I'd love to do something new for awhile. I've only roleplayed citizens that get detained, or are generally useless. I'm quite funny- and I feel that if Annie would be enrolled in the UCA, she'd find herself with a lot more power than any other citizen. She'd try to do things differently than any other unit, being a unique one. Which, would make her loved among the ranks. I'd try to have a reason for anything I do, whether it be detaining a citizen, I'd always try to question them and make a valuable decision as to whether or not they deserve to roam free.

Especially with being an aged roleplayer, I think I'd always bring excitement to my roleplay. I'd definitely get involved with things that happen around the city, capturing a resistance member or maybe just somebody that has been causing a lot of trouble around the city. Keeping myself ego free, but trying to be as strict or rude as possible to get what I want ICly. I wouldn't be overly rude to superiors, though. Being in 'Civil Protection' is a dream for me. I have a lot of potential. I don't see the 'stunsticks' or anything as a weapon to beat somebody with. I'd try other tactics, be innovative. I'm not a generic person. I'd try to leave a mark, mentally or physically- if I have to. Otherwise, I'll still listen to rules given, trying my best to be a great unit. I'm definitely one of those people that see both sides of a job.

Annie is somebody who believes in discipline. After my short story, you can easily recognize the fact that Annie is soft. She took her beating. Now, with education out of the picture, among other things, she finds herself lonely. The only way to fix that loneliness is by joining a group of people- who believe in the same things that she does. 'Civil Protection' opens up her story. Imagine Annie, generally, a shy person, wielding a stunstick, demanding you to answer her questions. It'd definitely be an interesting role. Being a female is only the half of it. Annie would take the chance to do something big. To sum it all up- the 'UCA' is somebody that distinguished roleplayers join. It's a harsh faction. If you mess up, your hopes and dreams are crushed with amputation. That's extremely appealing for me, I always love a challenge. Detaining people is always fun, questioning them, coming up with scenarios to get answers- it's a 'masculine dream'. I guess you could say. If it was played by an intellectual, mentally scarred individual, it'd be a lot more fun. Not fucking up would be difficult. Being a smart person, I won't. 

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Friendly, Optimistic, Loyal, Willing.
Intelligent, anti-social at times, awkward, shy and naturally rude.

I'd love to follow some sort of protocol, and really get some sort of hard boiled, serious roleplay going. i always see units that make generic characters, without any meaning. I don't mind doing nothing as an officer, as long as it has some sort of back story behind it. I'm interested in developing relationships as I navigate myself through a squad in the UCA. Not necessarily being promoted, but making friends among the squad. I believe in developing a character more than anything. I'd feel extremely loved if I could find a way to make friends among the UCA, yet still be the cold hearted person Annie is. I'm an extremely good roleplayer- meaning that I always put effort into my /me's. I know how to handle people in general, whether it be IC or OOC.

In closing, what I'm interested in the UCA, is the fact that you can find the same personality in the 'job that a unit does', after hours, or when things calm down in the city, it really shows the gritty aspect of a unit. I'm one of those people. It's come to my knowledge that I'm more of a person that would like to develop my character- while becoming infamous for being one of those 'units that are good at something'. The roleplay that I'm interested in is finding out intelligence about resistance establishments that have popped up around the city. While, I'm known as a 'spectre'- yet my character story comes into play with that. Seeing as Annie has a trouble past. I hope that makes sense.

4)  Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

I

It was a frothy day in France. The day before Mrs. Deschnes's birthday. Mrs. Deschnes lay still on her rocking chair, as nineteen year old Annie Deschnes walked into the living room of the exotic villa, drearily looking out onto the coast of 'Kana Beach'. The ambient hum of the street could barely be heard. The villa was part of a wealthy neighbourhood of estates, a great neighbourhood for Annie. Annie's attire consisted of a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans, which hardly matched with her short, nurtured brown hair.

Keeping her head still, Annie stared insolently down at the carpet of the villa. Continuing her navigation through the large villa in a trance of warmth. Annie was just near past Mrs. Deschnes, before she had been caught. "Annie, where do you think 'yer going?" Mrs. Deschnes inquired, Annie retorting with a curt "Upstairs." Mrs. Deschnes' face had turned flush red, her withered hand extending subtly under her rocking chair. Annie couldn't breath, not even to nudge away a loose strand of her hair from her brow. Mrs. Deschne's hand lifted itself up minutely- which seemed like ages for Annie. An ideal leather belt from 'Louis Vuiton' in her palm this time.

Annie let out screams of agony, her buttocks aching after every whip. Looking up every three seconds, the withered remains of 'Mrs. Deschnes' still left in her head, along with another lash after the thought of it. "How do you like that!? You'll never go upstairs without my permission!" Mrs. Deschnes raved madly, attempting to get a response from Annie's sealed lips. Nothing. This made Mrs. Deschnes force more affliction upon Annie, Annie's sobs drowning out the picturesque scene before her. After a minute of a straight forward lashing, Annie lifted herself up. Relieved that her mother had disappeared; yet something was a bit too solemn about the scene. Scanning the area, Annie's pupils were nearly gouged out at the sign of her blood red palms. Oozing the substance like it was 'jelly'. One harsh shrill shriek flooded her ears, feeling a pang of remorse hit her once again; this time, a volt of electricity.

II 

Annie's shook back and forth, her buttocks itching around the hardwood floor of her apartment. This time, in an odd dimension. Dressed up in queer demeanor, like her private school days. Occupied with her thoughts, a vibrant knock shook the room before her. It was from the door. Annie maneuvered herself to the door, a few feet away from where she had been sitting. Putrid odours filled her nose as she churned a corroded key into the lock. Staring blankly at a 'Civil Protection' unit. "Citizen, apply." Annie had done so. Learning the various key terms of the city, she was more caught up in the propaganda than anything.  It had all gone fine and 'dandy', until the unit had withdrew his stunstick. Interviewing her with the weapon propped up in his hand. Annie returned an aggressive stare, clearly not mortified by the weapon. After dull questioning, the unit had finally left her alone. Thinking once more, about a career in 'Civil Protection', especially after seeing the blind side of a career in law enforcement in a short interview.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? I started roleplaying on San Andreas since 2006, in which, you really just get hooked. I was obviously an idiot at it, like most people who start (well, for me anyway), but, I developed. It seems like the only reason I'd be interested in roleplaying today is because of depressing scenarios. I'd never be a 'fantasty' roleplayer. That's why I started out on GTA. I moved onto GarrysMod in 09, even though I had the game since 2007.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?: Depends. I'd love to play on serious servers- but a lot of them aren't serious. I'd say that ever since I realized that roleplaying could get more serious, I've been playing on them for 4 years. I'd love to have something that is more than serious, but super duper realistic. Free of mingebags.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?: Since June 2nd.

4. What Time zone are you in?: EST. I'm always on when 0 players are on until the player count reaches 50 for six hours. So, usually on for 7 hours a day.

5. In what country do you live?: Canada

6. How old are you?: 16. I'm mature for my age, mainly because I'm well educated and spend my time typing up /me's on Catalyst-Gaming.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?: When, on Jessica Phelps, I had stayed in a detainment cell for 6 hours. In which, I roleplayed with many units. Whom, I can say, were great roleplayers. That contributed in my application.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?: Yeah.

IC Section

Full Name: Annie Deschnes
CID: 70430
Height: 5'6
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Weight: 116 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Sane
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities:  Doesn't like to give up and let somebody have the last laugh. Extremely arrogant and notably rude.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? An interesting outlook on the remains of the world, finally being able to purge the evil that resides in it. Discipline the uncivilized. Keep our Earth clean, as we finally have a chance to do so.

I, Annie Deschnes hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

ACCEPTED
- Ask a SA+ in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:03:34 PM by Burning Nigger »

Offline Made Man

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:

Darted. Site name: Complexion.

IC Character Name:

Thomas Garner's.

My character, Thomas Garners just came to the new city he was transferred to, while walking about, he managed to find many citizens, and he thought this wasn't just the time to be in a city full of refugees, citizens, and other kind of human beings. He rented an apartment, and was glad to be able to pay tokens for this apartment, just something for that reason. Contraband was being found, and this was going to be attracted against his data, so that is what he had to do, gather many contraband, turn them in, and earn some dignity. ( In-game, I've found over twenty, or nineteen contraband, I didn't count, but that is how much I caught in the game though. ) Points were soon later added, if he was actually going to be a loyalist, if that is going to happen at least.

After the jolt of running, jumping, and also carrying these large items in his backpack, he managed to give them in turn to the Civil Protection, they took these items, and you know rest of the drill, either burn these items, or just destroy them with their weapons. He was starting to feel good about himself, what he is doing for his benefactors known as the Civil Protection that is offering him help in need, and really giving the Earth a chance to be freed once again from humanity; such as the technology polluting our Earth, lets not get far away from the topic though; and the way they are doing something better for the human life. Man.

Application drills were sent out, to prove they are loyal to the Combine Civil Authority, and what points were actually given to these citizens. This was his only chance, last chance for his time of use, to become one of their benefactors, the Combine Civil Authority. It was strange for many citizens to be applying for this application, also difficult to be waiting for; annoying really, if you ask me; but that is how it is suppose to go, apply, check, deny or accept, hard work to be given to such working Civil Protection, clamping areas, proceeding on the double, concentrating on the radio contraptions that were replying every single second, or even minutes if your really that hard enough to listen to such tags; tags remind me of something, your digits that you were given, they are going to need to be listened also, not mixed up in such matters of other digits from a unit; but I guess that is how the digits, and difficulties that are processed everyday, year, hour, minute, second.

Loyal, Trustful, Establishing Achievement.

By the traits, and the effort put in-game with the CWU, ( Civil Worker's Union, ) and the Civil Protection, I think this job would be good for my character, serving under great circumstances that were given to the heart of this person, and serving to great pride that is offered to loyal people. The character so far is trying his best to do anything for the Combine Civil Authority, even if it is taking down in death, he will try his best to let the companions of him do something well worthing in his life; they protected him, sheltered, and even fed him well produced food, such as the rations, along with Breen's Water, Supplements, and tokens to give your character something like allowance; I am talking about how he will serve, and the goodness that was given to the character.

For the feeling of myself, I'd rather thought of myself improving on anything that I was given, because I used to roleplay as the Civil Protection before, and I've gone up towards the rank OfC. but never went on any further. I want to roleplay on the server because of the players that are voyaging to this server to also do something to make themselves feel very good about themselves; that is what I am trying to do with myself also, do something that I will be proud about, the circumstances lead on towards a better future.

I am sure I have pretty much the right amount of skill to do this kind of roleplay I am leading on to, because I was once a unit, as told once again to the reader. Offering such roleplay, grammar, sentences can improve to other players, and myself too, because I think I get the hold of doing this application with all of my offering for me to do. Hoping that if it will get denied, or accepted, I can wait for another drill, and work my hardest to keep on trying, for something you want. I've tried my best on other applications, but was denied for short reasons, the motives here are pretty normal.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.7

l| Seven Hour War. |l

Rubble was flying, bullets were going overhead, the sound of the noise, Zzinng! passed through his head as he ran with his arms passing around his head, noises of guns firing were shooting off as they hit someone, or just sent dust flying as the speeding projectile hit against solid ground, or against a material, such as concrete, or thick kevlar of the military; he was a citizen, not the military; blood was splattered all over his clothing, sweat was running down his face, scars were scattered from the slamming against the dirt, and the bruises from the head hitting. The pain was aching as he ran, his ankles were making a straining noise when they are going to give up or just give him a hard time to keep running. His shoes were torn, his pants were cut along with blood all over them, stains of dirt and rubble was stained everywhere along his clothing and his face that was bleeding with the markings of sorrow. Cars in the background were crashing, buildings were collapsing down on the ground, as the white dust flew in every direction, blinding anyone that encountered in such dust of solid. Voices of screaming and yelling of men and women, weapons being fired as the trigger was pressed, and the projectiles being sent to the enemy behind those flanking positions.

l| Slaver Camp. |l

Echoed noises were heard in the background, bullets were flying in the air, black smoke was in the air and the buildings were beginning to break, and also flaming with fire as the burst of grenades busted and the shrapnel pressing against the skin of him, someone grabbed him by the back of his collar, and some kind of heavy dank material was slammed against his head, knocked out with a single yank or pressure against the top of a persons head. He woke up with his hand in front of his face, two heavy armed units were looking down at him, their heads patrolling against the side, people in the background working as they sweated, and the fearing expressions, the women were crying, either from their siblings being killed, or just the amount of pain they had in their lives and not knowing that will happen to their lives. Putting the both of his hands along the ground, and his aching, weak feet against the ground was getting himself up from the ground, his vision was blurry, and the pain screeching behind his head made him want to yell out in terror, or do something to take this pain away. He looked down beside his feet, a small like pickaxe was on the ground, the noises of huge out bursts of terror traveled through his ears. He then picked it up, and began to work until the job was finished.

l| Citizen Transfer |l

Many of the citizens were beginning to walk in the huge door that opened, a year has gone by, and the Seven Hour war was such a terror for anyone to experience, which he experienced. Women and men were walking in with such clothing that was offered to them, Civil Protection were tabbing data against their datapads as they spoke in such a deep voice under these devices in their masks. Each minute was heard by their names, such as " Alice Parkin's, CID is 10325. " and the repeating word, " Apply. " made him cringe because he was beginning to experience an anxiety attack. His feet tapped against the ground as he approached the unit, he turned his head over towards him, saying without a glimpse, " Citizen, apply. ". His hand studdered towards his Citizen Identification Digits, and also said with his name also, "  T- th- thomas G- garn- garners. C- c- cid i- is-... 80541. ". The unit turned his head down towards his datapad, by the look of his lens, you can tell he was viewing the data that was given, or just putting the information on the datapad, which was really annoying when he tabbed his fingers against the blue neon screen, and took a picture of what the citizen looked like, and that was finished, in his future was his only hope of survival, and what would happen.

OOC Details

For as long as one year, because I've been attracted with roleplay, Half Life 2 Roleplay were suppose to be talking about. And gather pretty much the experience that I was really looking forward to playing.

Same as my first sentence beneath this sentence, because I mostly played on serious servers, just for the fun, and the reality that I was wanting to look for, and that is what this whole section here is talking about, under my circumstances really.

I've played on Catalyst Gaming for as long as ten months, and I never get bored of the fun, really enjoyable when the admins are on, and such, etc, you know what I am sayin'?

(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Canada, Toronto, ON.

6. How old are you?

Sixteen.

I remember the time I was an officer on Half Life 2 Roleplay. I was once caught under a rebel ambush, Three 02's, also with one 01, were defending off the bridge of City18, because it was the last position that we were authorized to be given, it was a very nice event, rebels fighting when you had no choice to either roll, or just attempt, and let the other player play to lose, or just try their efforts to win the best, which is determined on arguing, or just settling it down when an admin watches the both of the characters fight in action. I managed to shoot one of the characters in the head, which really killed him instantly, one of my 01's were shot down, then medical roleplay was bound to be offered for you, and even everyone else trying to help this very well deserving 01. The heat was getting stronger, and the units were bound down to being barely killed; which sooner or later, we've made it out alive, three wounded units down in combat; and which just gave me a good time for everyone to be handed.

In the end, everyone agreed with each other roleplay, and the play to lose thing was really being counted on, because they just tried their best to either have a good time, or to set their mood up; and by telling of this sentence, and those few words I told to the reader, also showed their skills, almost like a car showing off it's moves in front of a big crowd of people, cheering for which one would win or lose, that is my example of how we roleplayed; I've really enjoyed this roleplay, and I'd bet everyone else did to, because of the sound of their voices being texted in the OOC messages, and the expressions, such as :3.

I consider myself a listener, when it comes to listening to constant radio messages, IC chats, and also the knowledge of knowing what to do.

IC Section

Full Name: Thomas Garner's ( Tanders. )
CID: 80541
Height: 5'9 Feet Tall.
Hair Colour Natural Brownish Blackish Colour.
Eye Colour: Brownish Blackish Eye Colour.
Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Weight: 109lbs.
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: None.
Notable Qualities: Empty.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

No, I've never been detained, or apprehended before, but I did turn in some contraband, I think that is what I did for the benefactors, nothing else rather then that also.

One the rations are online, I eat Combine Civil Authority each time it is open, for your concern.

If it comes to a certain mission, or a special kind of event or activity, I will always give my life to the Universal Union.

Yes, I will try my best to take these advantages of my own responsibility I was performed, under emission of command, and myself, for the Combine Civil Authority.

I will always try, and I am going to be very faithful, loyal of my actions as long as I live.

I've been sheltered, fed, and also protected with the Combine Civil Authority. I gave them a reward back by offering help, such as activities, contraband turn-ins, and also anti-citizen, and also those filthy rebels, such as the 'resistance'. I've been very proud to be doing these activities, because I am doing something very grateful in my life, I was once never good to anyone, now I am something, and that someone is me, Thomas Garners, changing my life, for you, and also the future ahead of us all, control yourself, everyone will control themselves.

I, Thomas Garners hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted- This, as well as Hurcule's application are good examples of what to include in an application. Very well-done. Ask a SA+ in-game for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:41:53 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: =(e)=™ Hazard Time

IC Character Name: Dmitri Matrienko

Dmitri is a socialist, through and through.  He was one of the few "happy" members of the Russian Communist party, and stayed a proud communist even after the fall of the Berlin Wall.  He saw Russia's transformation to capitalism as a betrayal of the country that he loved, and he wrote several books about, all of which failed, leaving him destitute.
               With the coming of the Combine, however, Dmitri saw their rule as the rebirth of socialism.  He could not be happier; he was back in his element.  He considered himself a loyalist and never left home with his request device, which he never hesitated to use.
               Life, however, was not as perfect as it was back in the Soviet Union.  Crime is rampant, and anti-citizenry is on the rise.  Dmitri is beginning to realize that his request device can't arrest people.  It was then that he decided that the CCA needed his help, now more than ever.  It wasn't just his choice, it was his duty.

Respects the CPs and CWs, merciless towards criminals (petty and malicious), and loyal CCA laws and principles

I think Dmitri would really enjoy being a Civil Protector.  He has lived under their ever-benevolent gaze for some time, and he has them to thank for everything in his life.  Not only do they feed him, clothe him, and shelter him, they also helped him beat his heroin addiction.  He sees serving the CCA as being the ultimate sacrifice for society, and he will see to it that justice is served.
                   As for me, I think that this will be a new experience for me.  I have never been a CP before, and I plan to see if I can make a difference in this server.  I have seen many CPs, and they all impress me as being wonderful RPers, and I would be honored to serve among them.

Dmitri Mikhailovich Matrienko was born in Pskov, Russia, on April 12, 1981.  Both his parents were members of the Communist Party, and this rubbed off on him.  He joined many youth organizations, and he gained the respects of many of the organizers, who took note of his zeal.  He soon moved up through the ranks, and gained more and more respect among his peers.  Then, the Berlin Wall fell, as did Dmitri's life.  With the disbandment of the Communist Party, Dmitri lost everything he had worked so hard for, especially his respect.  His parents took to homeschooling him, fearing capitalist indoctrination in the public schools.  Upon turning 18, he left his home in Pskov and enrolled at Moscow University.  There, he joined several underground ultra nationalist organizations, but later quit, realizing that they weren't going to change anything.  Dmitri went on to major in journalism and apply to several newspapers, all of which later fired him after he published pro-communist/anti-government articles.  Dmitri then tried his luck at writing novels.  This also failed, and eventually got him blacklisted from many well-paying jobs.  Broken and destitute, he turned to drug use to escape. 
                          Then, the apocalypse came.  Dmitri was waiting at the Rizhskaya metro station when the sound of explosions came down from the subway entrance, followed by throngs of panicking citizens.  He ran into a near by bathroom and locked the door behind him.  He stayed there for some time, until the constant sounds of gunfire and the quake of explosions subsided. He emerged from the metro to see a razed and war-torn ruin.  For days he wandered the ruins, scavenging food and supplies.  He eventually found a group of other survivors, who accepted him into their colony.  He struggled with them for several months until a low drone could be heard above the din of electric generators.  From over the tops of burnt out houses came a combine dropship, which then landed in front of the bewildered survivors.  From out of the drop ship came humanoid beings, clad in kevlar, armored face-masks, and wielding machine guns.  The survivors, including Dmitri, were taken to a processing center, where they were assigned numbers and cities.  Dmtri was sent to City 18.  Even before stepping off the train, he was already amazed at the architecture of the city.  He was genuinely impressed by the towering walls and advanced technology of the Combine.  Upon arriving, he immediately felt at ease, like he was home again.  Then, Dmitri got his first ration.  He was at home!  Socialism had won, and he was still alive to see it happen!

OOC Details

Since I first got Garry's Mod, which was about two years ago

I played on my first serious server about one year ago.  It was love at first play!

I started playing and registered about two months ago

Pacific

USA

6. How old are you?

My most memorable experience was on the Slidefuse RP server.  A JW was in effect and an apartment search was in progress.  All tenants, including me, were put on the wall, tied up, and searched.  There must have been a lot of minges on, because I was one of three people out of about ten that were not amputated due to malcompliance.

I am always alert of what is being said in the chat box.  Whenever someone speaks to me, I respond.  Nothing annoys me more than when I am ignored or not heard.  As such, I do my best to listen to others, as an observation of the golden rule.

IC Section

Full Name: Dmitri Matrienko
CID: 89330
Height: 5' 10"
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Weight: 120 lbs
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: None

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I have never been detained

Yes

I am willing to give my blood, sweat, tears, and life for the Universal Union

I accept the responsibility invested in me

The Universal Union is my only family.  I shall not disappoint them without first giving my life.

The CCA have fed us, clothed us, and sheltered us since the resolution of the Seven Hour War.  All citizens have them to thank for their salvation from a life of savagery.  The resistance promise only death and destitution, and I wish to help our benefactors in making sure that we are not dragged down into the black pit we have only recently dragged ourselves out from.

I, Dmtri Matrienko, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. 2nd paragraph of 1 is too short. 3 is too short.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:14:34 PM by Burning Bullet »

handyboy919

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 03:33:53 AM »
OOC:
OOC Name: Handyboy919
IC Name: John Lee

John Lee wants to join the Combine Civil Authotiy beacause he respects the Combine and what they do. Hes thankful they took over. He thought the rebelion was just shit. He follows all the laws. When people try to break the law, he tells a Combine. If he was a combine he would question them and maybe exicute them.

John was born before the Combine took over. His family hated the Combine. Though he didn't understand why. His family left him for liking the Combine. As he grew up he studied the Combine. He made wishes of him becoming a Combine. A Combine Civil Authoritity to be exact.

John was always hated. The Rebelion never gave him help. He had no friends. All beacause of him wanting to be a Combine. Every time Breen was on the screen to make a speech. He listened with open ears. The Combine watched him with hate. Though he still wanted to be a Combine. No matter what people said about him. He always wanted to be a Combine.

Traits:|6.3 Feet|Brown hair|Orange eyes|Very fast|Partly Asian|Respects all CP|Wants to be a CP|

I am expecting John Lee's Combine job would be a Nova or a cop. He would have either a shotgun or a pistol. He would have low kevlar. He would respect all the other Combines. He would be strict (and he would kill any minges).

John Lee's number would be 1.285, 2.092, or 3.172. He might operate a city scanner. He would do daily checks around restricted areas. He would check citizens and their homes for any contriband.

John Lee was born in a small barn on August 13th, 1989. His family left him when he was 13. His family left him because they were on the Rebelion side. While John was on the Combine side. He always listened to every report Breen gave. He would note important stuff to help him. He wanted to become a Combine. He made that wish a week later the Combine took over. He always respected the combine. He was an outcast. The rebelion hated him. Same with the combine. Though the Combine hated him, he still wanted to become one of them. He had to fight for his survival. His whole life was a night mare. A cook that fealt pitty on John gave him scraps of food. The cook became one of John's only friend. When John told the Cook he wanted to be a Combine unit. The cook fealt proud of him. John went throughout his life with the cook. The cook was killed in a fire fight. John saw it happen. The cook was shot by a rebelion member. Thats when he swore he would get revenge on the rebelion.

OOC INFO:
I have been playing on rp servers for about 2 years now.
I have played on serious servers for about a year.
I started playing on these servers for about 3 weeks.
Pacific
United States of America
When I was solo invading nexus with a simple pistol on Rp C18 server.
I take ADD medication for me to stay focused. So yes.

IC INFO:
John Lee
Male
6'3 feet
Brown hair
Orange eyes
Straight
167 pounds
None
None
None
None

Not that I know of
Yes
I am willing to give a life for the Combine
Yes
John has been loving the Combine Civil Authority
One of Johns friends were murdered by the Rebelion

I, John Lee, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

DENIED. Application format not followed.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:15:03 PM by Burning Bullet »

Offline IRazion

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: iRazion

IC Character Name: Yoji Otsuka

Yoji is grateful to what the Universal Union, has done to the world. Growing up in a scary and dark streets of Tokyo, Japan. He usually was attacked by loan sharks because he couldn't pay his loan. He needed money to live in a house and keep his restraunt buisness running. He did extra work, but only to got barely money to survive. When combines took over the world the loans sharks could not hurt him or his wife or try to kill him. Two weeks after the take over his wife died in an explosion by rebels who were trying to kill  few combine officers. He started thinking about a sucide but decided to ask a permission to leave Japan . He got a permission to go City 18 from City 8 (Tokyo, Japan)

Now that Yoji is at City 18, he decided to join Combines as soon as he found that there is rebels in America too. He was walking to his room in the apartments and a man attacked him and pushed Yoji inside a room. The man robbed Yoji and took a gun out of his bag and told that he was going to kill Yoji. Luckily a neighbour next door heard the fight and requested Civil Protection there. Officers came in and saw the robber. The robber was finally shot by the Civil Protection
Yoji is very thankful that they safed his live again. He wishes to avenge his wife and make City 18 a safer place for other citizens.

Yoji always respects Combines for what they did and what they do. Yoji always takes rations that are given by UCA. Yoji is loyal. He would rather take his own life than betray allmighty Combines. Combines have brought happiness to his life and he wishes to join the Combines and give that safe feeling to other citizens of City 18.

-Honorful
-Dedicated
-Loyal
-Ambitious
-Rightful
-Heroic

For my character being very grateful that Combines saved his live twice and he had a permission to start a new life in America. He wants to join them to help people have a safe life and make rebels have their rightful punishment for what they have done against the Combines

For myself i'm expecting to continue my rp story. Make citizens have a good RP feeling.Make other people have fun while Rping and play more with Soap (Also Known As. Unit. 147). I also love to patrol and look a way to help people. I have also been an unit in a server. Server was shut down because lack of donators... so yeah i know how the things work.

Yoji Otsuka's Backstory

Before 7 Hour War

Yoji was born in dark streets of Tokyo. He saw a lot crimes when he was a child. His mom died when Yoji born. His dad was drunk. In Age of 15. Yoji came to home and saw his dad messed up more than ever. Dad had a gun.
He was aiming it at Yoji. He pulled the trigger but none of bullets hit Yoji. Once the gun had only a single bullet on magazine. Dad putted the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. Yoji was sent to an orphanage.
When Yoji was in age of 18 he got a girlfriend, a room and a job. His life was good. They married two years later.

After 7 Hour War

Next day: He found that combines have taken over the world in 7 hours. Yoji honored combines for doing it so fast. He lived under the control of combines.
12nd of June 2015
Yoji was CWU. He was working in a cafe. Suddenly he heard an explosion. He ran out and saw his house burning. He ran to the house and saw it collapse. He found that his wife was inside the house.
He bought a new house near his old house. He was thinking of sucide but he couldn't do it. He decided to avenge his family and find who did that. He wanted to know who and why did someone do this for him.
 In few weeks he found that rebels setted a bomb in that house to kill several combines. He found a rebel and got names of the rebels that setted the bomb. The rebels where Akio Uruga and Li Toguwa .
 He tried to find them for few weeks, he was almost going to give up and heard while he was walking a guy whisper "Akio i'm sure that Combines will find us soon for burning the house".
He walked to the men, lied that he was a rebel and asked them to come to his room. The men  decided to come with him. Once they were inside of his room. He attacked them and killed one of the men, the other man fleed and Yoji never saw him again.
Yoji asked the combies to send him to somewhere else and was accepted. Combines send him to USA. He left his job and his life to Japan. Once he arrived he bought a room. He didn't take any contacts to humans or anyone.
He discovered that there is rebels in this city too and decided to join Combines to kill all of these rebels.  (425 words)
OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About 7 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers? On gmod's Serious Rp servers i have played 5 months and 2 months in Freelancer's Discovery mod.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? About 9-10 weeks.

4. What Time zone are you in? UTC + 2

5. In what country do you live? Finland

6. How old are you? 20

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? I was an unit in my friends server. I remember when i was patrolling a street i saw a man having a gun. We started S2M ( Shoot to miss) firefight. The firefight ended when the man had only a single ammo left and we rp'd that he shot himself.

YES! I'm a good listener. If the text doesn't contain Leet.

IC Section

Full Name: Yoji Otsuka.
CID: # 93600
Height: 175 cm.
Hair Colour Black.
Eye Colour: Black.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Weight: 59 kg
Mental Distinctions: I fear no enemies.
Mental Defects: No
Mental Advantages: Able to calm myself at the right time
Notable Qualities: A good listener, loyal, runs fast.

Yes. I eat anything i can get and it also would be not be right to not eat The almighty CCA's rations.

Yes. Dying in honor is my will.

Yes.

Yes.
To earn citizen's respect by force and keep rebels out of the City 18.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black

I, Yoji Otsuka hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED. 3 is too short. Application is riddled with grammatical errors.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:15:38 PM by Burning Bullet »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal