Author Topic: Applications for IC Weapons  (Read 8079 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 06:13:40 AM »
Knifes and such should still require auth even if found on a unit.
Then you can just post that RP as backstory on how you obtained the knife.
This is just to make sure people don't bullshit and claim they found it on a unit when they never really did.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »
This is just to make sure people don't bullshit and claim they found it on a unit when they never really did.

Pointless preventive measure. Just ban people who claim they stole it from a unit but actually didn't.
We can just ask them for date and time when the situation occurred and check the logs.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

Pointless preventive measure. Just ban people who claim they stole it from a unit but actually didn't.
We can just ask them for date and time when the situation occurred and check the logs.

Good luck wasting half an hour searching through months of logs just to see if someone may or may not got a knife legitimately.
It's much better and faster for both parties if he makes his own evidence in the form of a simple auth app.

Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:46 AM »

Good luck wasting half an hour searching through months of logs just to see if someone may or may not got a knife legitimately.
It's much better and faster for both parties if he makes his own evidence in the form of a simple auth app.

Please stop misinterpreting my reply, Nick.
You just have to ask the player to give you a specific date when they obtained the weapon/item, then open the specified log file and Ctrl+F. You don't have to search through any of your 'months of logs'. It takes you like 2 minutes to do it.
If they can't give you the date then it's their fault and it's totally up to you if you're going to waste your time searching through the logs or just not going to believe them.
Since the roleplay already happened, there is no point in making an authorization application if it really could happen. If there was a reason to void the situation, it should have been done while it lasted.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »
Toxic, while it would work, that's going to be impossible to police and regulate.

As for ic weapons, something does need to be done. I've seen people who have had a character for like an hour and stab others with their home made shank.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »

• I know everyone hates rolling, but it's good for item RP. Thats why whenever someone breaks a window or glass to try and harvest a glass shard big enough to be a weapon, they should be required to roll a certain number to find it. Windows also cannot be broken more than once a week because they'd need to be replaced.
I personally love this idea, and when I do passive with myself I tend to /roll to acomplish/fail tasks.

Perhaps have a command called /find or something to that effect, where it will do a roll for you and say (you have found this item) if it detects you are within x y z coordinates which is a brick wall or so on (would require a bit of coding and time for the coordinate stuff but doable?)
what

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »

• I know everyone hates rolling, but it's good for item RP. Thats why whenever someone breaks a window or glass to try and harvest a glass shard big enough to be a weapon, they should be required to roll a certain number to find it. Windows also cannot be broken more than once a week because they'd need to be replaced.
I personally love this idea, and when I do passive with myself I tend to /roll to acomplish/fail tasks.

Perhaps have a command called /find or something to that effect, where it will do a roll for you and say (you have found this item) if it detects you are within x y z coordinates which is a brick wall or so on (would require a bit of coding and time for the coordinate stuff but doable?)

We actually roll a lot to find items, whilst this does lead to a large stock of items, it is all completely plausible. We never roll again on the same container and we don't go to the same place afterwards.

If I was looking for clothing and I went to a laundrette, I'd base it on a roll of >30 to attain clothing, anything higher yields quality. 20> is nothing and 10> we class as a critical failure: knocking your head, finding spiders, splinters... If we were searching for an instrument and we went to an old club, we'd roll a 90+ in order to find one, but it would be in a worn condition, et cetera, et cetera.

It eliminates the arduous play to lose of searching versus the inevitable complaining if you did find something.  You also, logically cannot find anything like a gun and such.

Loot tables are the best.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:09:47 PM by DrVengeance »
have a nice day :)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:26 PM »

thing is i got the units knife that deserted and went rogue or whatever but i have no idea when that actually occurred, i only know of 2 people ooc'ly who saw me loot it out of like 4 people so i wouldn't even have many witnesses

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
Nick stop trying to lie to the playerbase. Coming from a guy who's had admin before it's really, really fucking easy to go through the logs. Ctrl + F and blam, you got what you want. Hour and a half my ass.

What you could do is just screenshot console. If an admin asks for it, then all you have to do is provide the screenshot of logs. Easy enough.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 12:19:53 AM »
Ehh... I gotta agree with a bit of everybody here because a lot of people tend to be like."/me finds a piece of metal that looks rusty and sharp" like no offence but it sorta is stupid imo. But with the whole weapon app thingy, that's fine I just... Idk

NEUTRAL

Half life 2 roleplay characters \/

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:17 AM »
Nick stop trying to lie to the playerbase. Coming from a guy who's had admin before it's really, really fucking easy to go through the logs. Ctrl + F and blam, you got what you want. Hour and a half my ass.

What you could do is just screenshot console. If an admin asks for it, then all you have to do is provide the screenshot of logs. Easy enough.

all we'd need is a specific date, the characters name and optionally some chat lines to search for to find what we need

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
thing is i got the units knife that deserted and went rogue or whatever but i have no idea when that actually occurred, i only know of 2 people ooc'ly who saw me loot it out of like 4 people so i wouldn't even have many witnesses

There weren't that many rogue units, it would be fairly easy to find your gain in the logs.
Even so, if we agreed on that method, we'd put it in the rules so you have to remember the date and time when you obtain items like that.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
And if people screenshot (or just copy/paste) at least one line from the logs which is either chat or a /me (so something unique) we can easily find it in the logs by loading 1 file, searching that specific line, then open next file if not found. That would take about 5 seconds per file. So not to bad.

But screenshotting the majority of the RP can save us some trouble and time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal