Author Topic: Applications for IC Weapons  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Applications for IC Weapons
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:49:13 PM »
(Possible drama alert.)

I felt the need to make this thread due to the fact that IC makeshift weapons are being abused a lot. Not so much as abused just they are way to common, and nearly everyone has a perfect knife out of nowhere. Not to mention I feel this is a lead to mass mugging in the server aswell. I'm not saying units shouldn't be mugged, or we should have a rule agaisnt it i'm saying it's become way too common. Thus due to the IC weapons with no apps pretty much any citizen  could mug a unit if they wanted to. I look at this from an IC prespective, and by now i'm sure there would have been a ton of judgement waviers because we've had atleast 8+ pistols in the city,  and well more than attempted/sucessfull muggings. Not to mention that this is only one wee sector in a massive city. What we have combined plus all of Kiev i'm suprised the whole city hasn't been leveled by shells yet. It's just way too out of hand because we have a unit killed almost every day now. I understand resistance RP is important, but most of these muggings arn't even from expirenced roleplayers they are from the new DarkRP players who just want a gun. If we did allow IC Weapons again this would atleast lower the chances of anyone/everyone pulling a screwdriver out of their ass. It's not like we have to make the applications super hard either.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
yeah sure why not

people do tend to asspull ic weapons

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:13:08 PM »
you can mug a unit without weapons

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »
Only 1 wee district in the entire OOC city.
If someone is stupid enough to solo the hardpoint, especially at a low rank, then by all means they should be fucking mugged and with all the bullshit with 20-million units running in.
There have been a lot of raids but not a JW due to a lack of location knowledge.

Some muggings I recall were by: Yak, Misty, Vegas and myself. we are horrid RPers, 2bad4u.

have a nice day :)

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
Only 1 wee district in the entire OOC city.
If someone is stupid enough to solo the hardpoint, especially at a low rank, then by all means they should be fucking mugged and with all the bullshit with 20-million units running in.
There have been a lot of raids but not a JW due to a lack of location knowledge.

Some muggings I recall were by: Yak, Misty, Vegas and myself. we are horrid RPers, 2bad4u.
I'm sorry, did I say "DrVengeance is a horrid RPer?" I didn't say that all. Yes there are muggings, and i'm perfectly fine with that. I have no problem with units being mugged, that's not what this topic is even about in the first place. It's about making people apply for IC weapons just as we did before the shutdown, and it seemed to work just as fine.  I just simply have a problem with the amount of mugging there has been recently, and a big cause of that is IC weapons without an authorization app.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 05:59:13 AM »
I support this.

Mugging units is fine (though you shouldn't be gaining a pistol from recruits as they icly can't have them, they get them oocly and its being removed in the next update) but the fact everyone seems to be able to go "/me finds a dangerous hook on the floor" is getting stupid.
what

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 08:34:43 AM »
I don't think you should need an authorization application for a simple IC weapon. However, it wouldn't hurt to establish a requirement so an administrator has to observe your roleplay while finding your desired item and decide if you did well enough to be granted a permission to asspull. I'd also expect people to introduce some P2L into the situation when using a random, unreliable piece of crap you found somewhere on the ground.

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 11:18:12 AM »
I thought you took screen-caps of the attainment, then if you're disputed, you pull the caps x_x
have a nice day :)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »
Knives and things like that you should be required to apply for

Bricks, broken glass, ect, should be allowed without question from anyone.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »

yes, but what the problem is is people can just keep making new characters with these weapons after their other one died and mug units every character and just claim that the character is crazy or something so they're not scared.  this is a problem considering MPF units have to create applications while the rebels can type in a lousy description and click once

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:06 PM »

yes, but what the problem is is people can just keep making new characters with these weapons after their other one died and mug units every character and just claim that the character is crazy or something so they're not scared.  this is a problem considering MPF units have to create applications while the rebels can type in a lousy description and click once

How about this guise

We use statuas in game auth system??????? That would easily fix this problem
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 04:59:49 PM »

How about this guise

or the server should really be less admin dependent and less strict on these sort of things

people should be assumed to be responsible enough to roleplay finding/creating/having a weapon—an admin should only intervene if they abuse this privilege or it's not very believable

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 06:12:17 PM »

How about this guise

or the server should really be less admin dependent and less strict on these sort of things

people should be assumed to be responsible enough to roleplay finding/creating/having a weapon—an admin should only intervene if they abuse this privilege or it's not very believable
And then everyone becomes a mary sue character and powergames their way to victory because they don't want their super awesome character to die.

Suggesting less admin interference is really stupid, and has been discussed so many times before the server even went up.

Last time I as scanner got close to a group of lolwebuls, they magically started to throw like 100 freaking bricks and pipes out of nowhere. It was like they were literally standing on a pile of garbage to throw at me.
This kind of asspulling is just ridiculous and needs to stop.
This was on the C18 catwalks btw. So there wouldn't even be a single type of junk around to throw.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:17:31 PM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Applications for IC Weapons
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 12:35:35 AM »

How about this guise

And then everyone becomes a mary sue character and powergames their way to victory because they don't want their super awesome character to die.

Suggesting less admin interference is really stupid, and has been discussed so many times before the server even went up.

Last time I as scanner got close to a group of lolwebuls, they magically started to throw like 100 freaking bricks and pipes out of nowhere. It was like they were literally standing on a pile of garbage to throw at me.
This kind of asspulling is just ridiculous and needs to stop.
This was on the C18 catwalks btw. So there wouldn't even be a single type of junk around to throw.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

i guess no one read the post fully.

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 03:27:13 AM »
My guy icly tends to have a scalpel on him because he took it from the hospital, I shouldn't need an auth for that.

My suggestions:
  • Knives should be auth unless they are taken found on a unit or taken from someone with auths for a knife.
  • Finding bricks should be restricted to areas that are not well kept (like the slums) and the area must contain a brick texture (that's not the cobble ground). Each of those areas should only have 3 usable at one time to avoid people spamming throwing them, and then you cannot harvest bricks from that area for another 3 OOC days as you would need to wait until something collapsed or loosened. It might be hard to police that, but if you require everyone to show the logs and say where and when they got, that should help keep track.
  • I know everyone hates rolling, but it's good for item RP. Thats why whenever someone breaks a window or glass to try and harvest a glass shard big enough to be a weapon, they should be required to roll a certain number to find it. Windows also cannot be broken more than once a week because they'd need to be replaced.
  • Pipes should only be found where there are pipe props and they should be required to roll to harvest loose pipes (only in slum area). If not, they need a tool to take the pipe off.
  • If you obtain an IC item, you should be required to give logs of recent rp that show you either hid it or picked it back up to avoid not being caught while being searched and as pulling. Another alternative is to have them keep it in their psydesc (maybe just a symbol or letter to avoid taking up space) and when they don't have it they delete that part of the psydesc.

I know some rpers, with permission and observation from admins, have been using a roll system to loot items. I think it's a good idea. If we set up a table of what you need to roll (such as above 60 ) in order to find an item, and you can only loot a place once so you can't reroll. We could allow rerolls after a week or month or ect of ooc time since things change over time and people move around.
We could also set up a separate board where people post their characters' ic items so we can keep track of it. They'd post what they have and the logs from it, an admin approves it, then people can keep track of who has what. For items that can wear down or are disposable, other people can post when an item was used on them or saw the person using the item if they don't post it themselves. At the same time, the owner can post logs of maintenance. This can help settle disputes in rp.
I know Richard has stolen drugs, so he has a finite supply. I keep a mental log of when he uses what so I don't end up having an endless supply, but some people need to be policed or reminded so this could help.

But, like, that's just my opinion, man.

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal