Author Topic: Lights for C8  (Read 2906 times)

Offline DOCTAH DOOM || Pocket???Aces??£

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lights for C8
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:37:01 PM »
Mainly I'm talking about detainment, I put some lamps above the cell doors in C18's Detainment block and they look really nice, I hope that could also be implemented in C8 if it's necessary.

LINK
http://imgur.com/0PEw2Ly
Have you accepted Billy Mays as your lord and savior? Then you believe in the Eastern Oxyclean.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lights for C8
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
Cells are definitely really dark and having to turn my flashlight on whenever I'm in there gets annoying. I can support this.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:01:39 PM »
C8 Cells are fully lit I believe. They aren't really even cells it's more of a detainment block.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:05:53 AM »
But... aren't they SUPPOSED to be dark? I mean, it's detainment. Not a hotel.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Lights for C8
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 08:20:52 AM »

Not really. Holding cells at the precinct I work in are lit.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 08:48:01 AM »

Yes but you dont work in a combine nexus though. The dreary, scary and not much lighting feel is a trademark of the combine. It'd be a lot less intimidating if there was loads of light.
what

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »

Yes but you dont work in a combine nexus though. The dreary, scary and not much lighting feel is a trademark of the combine. It'd be a lot less intimidating if there was loads of light.

Indeed. That's basically what I meant. Since Combine doesn't give much fucks about humans, why would they waste any electricity to make it a bit more comfortable for ANTI-CITIZENS? Throwing them in a pitch black room has a better effect of: "What I've done is wrong and I don't want to end up in this room every again." Instead of "Lel Detainment ain't that bad. Next time I throw a rock at cops again! lelelele"
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
I don't think the idea was to have it be all bright and cheery, just some lights to accent it, like in the picture he linked.
It's not to be like 'oh happy land!' it's 'oh god the sinister door over there that they're leading me to'

Offline DOCTAH DOOM || Pocket???Aces??£

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »
I don't think the idea was to have it be all bright and cheery, just some lights to accent it, like in the picture he linked.
It's not to be like 'oh happy land!' it's 'oh god the sinister door over there that they're leading me to'

This.
I want to be a little more clear: Yes the combine is known to hate humans with a passion, of course their holding cells will be dark. However, look at my linked image one more time, the door to the darkest part in the room is lit up brightly.

It will be the door burned into your mind that you fucked up in the eyes of the MPF. That's why I think it looks so cool, the lighting. It's only an accent to make the place a little more sinister than just a bland pitch black room.
Have you accepted Billy Mays as your lord and savior? Then you believe in the Eastern Oxyclean.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
it shouldnt be lit up and bright, but it shouldnt be pitch black either, a really dim light so you can only just make out the outlines of stuff around you would make the environment of the cells spookier than a pitch black room

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
it shouldnt be lit up and bright, but it shouldnt be pitch black either, a really dim light so you can only just make out the outlines of stuff around you would make the environment of the cells spookier than a pitch black room

This pretty much. Some middle ground here, pls. We agree it wouldn't be lit like the sun, but at the same time, making a pitch black cell is just  unnecessary because from a practical standpoint, it doesn't help if units can see in the damn thing either!

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal