Author Topic: Gridhive  (Read 4514 times)

Offline Kiwi69

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gridhive
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »
I recently started to play on gridhive hl2rp servers as they seem to start to populate soon after catalyst gaming dies. They have many features on their server that catalyst gaming lacks on theirs. Most of these features provide a more in-depth and immersive role-play experience for civilians and I highly suggest considering them for our hl2rp server.

1. Citizen clothing. Citizens have the opportunity to buy clothing from the CWU if the "General Store is open" The choices of clothing provided consist of,
     A. A green or black beanie.
     B. Gloves
     C. Jeans
     D. A white coat.
     E. A green collard coat. (Most everyone buys this one.)
2. Trash. I'm not sure how they spawn the piles of trash, whether an invisible admin fly's around spawning them or if they are on a set timer. They seem to take around an hour to pop up. But, what's interesting about these piles of trash is that (If crouched) you can scavange the piles for anything useful. Batteries, scrap metal, scrap rubber, etc. These scavanged item complement blueprints that randomly pop up around the city.  So far i have found a blueprint for a Flashlight, Knife, Sledge Hammer and a pair of gloves. The flashlight requires a batterie, a piece of scrap metal, and a piece of scrap plastic. Not every pile of trash will have something of value of course, so it takes some time to accumulate the required materials to make said blueprints.
3, A piano. Again, I just recently started to play here so i'm not sure how the permissions work. But I THINK that donators have the ability to spawn a playable piano. Now, there arn't very many places to put a piano in city 18, but there are plenty of spots to put a piano in city 8. I personally do not think it is a good idea to give players the ability to spawn a piano, rather place a static piano in a bar or somewhere that never disapears on the map for citizen to take turns playing.

Anyways, just a couple suggestions that i think will make citizen rp more enjoyable and immersive, which may help the ratio stay balanced and i'm possitive will make players return to the server for more rp.
HL2RP Characters
[Healthy] Drew Cotton: Citizen living in City 18
[Healthy] C18.MPF.ECHO.919: Metropolice Force recruit awaiting proper training.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gridhive
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »
1: they use tnb bodygrouped models which i believe are already under consideration for the next hl2rp update

2: the loot system you suggested is already in another thread with a majority of the community being against it so i don't see how re suggesting it will make it any better
if khub really wanted to implement it i will give him ragedcraft because it is cooler than kurocrafting

3: seems a bit dumb because why would someone who pays irl cash be able to asspull a piano in an rp server

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:40 PM »
a single static entity piano in a fixed location might be okay but not one that anyone could spawn in willy-nilly

"oh hey frank look at this piano in my apartment room on the sixth floor"
"sick dude how'd you get it up into here???"
"magic"

no

oh

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »
The piano would just get shot up/destroyed by someone looking for attention. As for TnB models i'd love to see those.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »
The piano would just get shot up/destroyed by someone looking for attention. As for TnB models i'd love to see those.

Piano stronk, also very cool and playable. I pissed around on it playing concerning hobbits on singleplayer
have a nice day :)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
TnB models yes please.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Kiwi69

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »
The TnB models are not able to use animation or wear the clothing sold by the CWU. Just going to put that out there, I'm not against them I would actually love to see TnB models.
HL2RP Characters
[Healthy] Drew Cotton: Citizen living in City 18
[Healthy] C18.MPF.ECHO.919: Metropolice Force recruit awaiting proper training.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
The TnB models are not able to use animation or wear the clothing sold by the CWU. Just going to put that out there, I'm not against them I would actually love to see TnB models.

lookie here m8

you've got your normal citizen models with various bodygroups, the items sold by CWU are just generic clockwork items that allocate code to change a particular bodygroup type to match that of the description you've put into the item

if they have problems with that they are autism

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 11:14:13 PM »

lookie here m8

you've got your normal citizen models with various bodygroups, the items sold by CWU are just generic clockwork items that allocate code to change a particular bodygroup type to match that of the description you've put into the item

if they have problems with that they are autism
Exactly. I've seen it done before, and if Khub needed to I could prob try and get the script from the owner. If even we could try and get certain things UU branded, and some things not UU branded.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 12:05:18 AM »
DayZ RP.

Seriously if you need a script to RP finding shit and crafting up an item then Serious RP isnt for them. If I want to craft myself a bong out of some pop cans and a pipe, I'll probably spend a few hours ICly roaming around in D2, collecting supplies, then another hour building the bong. I dont need a script to make myself a bong IC.

As for the hats n shit. Selling those items for common players is a good idea. I still think flagged PAC would be nice to have that custom visual physical appearance.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 01:40:06 AM »
TnB models: yes, already planned
Piano: maybe
Junk spawning/collecting: might put this in as long a you won't be able to get stuff like weapons from then and as long as both the spawning interval and the chance to loot something are extremely low

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 07:01:07 AM »
DayZ RP.

Seriously if you need a script to RP finding shit and crafting up an item then Serious RP isnt for them. If I want to craft myself a bong out of some pop cans and a pipe, I'll probably spend a few hours ICly roaming around in D2, collecting supplies, then another hour building the bong. I dont need a script to make myself a bong IC.

As for the hats n shit. Selling those items for common players is a good idea. I still think flagged PAC would be nice to have that custom visual physical appearance.
it takes you that long to make a bong

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
DayZ RP.

it takes you that long to make a bong

I went through this on TS, the other day.
I'm apprehensive about finding shit in City via a script, but I'm all for it in the Outlands
have a nice day :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal