Author Topic: Kiwiee's Authorization application  (Read 3731 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Kiwiee's Authorization application
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:39:06 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Kiwiee
How long have you been roleplaying? (can be any game): Years, at least 7-8, maybe 9 now.
How long have you been playing Garry's Mod serious roleplay?: 3-4 years? Something like that

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Clothing:
  • Access to a black trench coat
  • Access to a black hooded shawl and face mask
  • Access to black dyed jumpsuit
  • Access to black leather gloves and boots

Equipment:
  • Standard lock picking set in leather wrap and carrying sling
  • Small crowbar Pinchbar (not weaponized)
  • Small clear-acrylic practice lock and padlock
  • Two homemade sharpened shiv's made of a tool and a spoon
Skills:
  • Basic Lockpicking skill - will /roll -20 at start to determine success which will diminish by 2 per job until just /roll to determine success
  • Ability to preform Basic Free running techniques after approx 1-2 weeks OOC time training
Misc:
  • Nickname "Ghost"
Example images;
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Name: Alexandria Sorin
Affiliation: Neutral (More So Resistance)

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Alexandria, or Alex, was a young Central-European before the war living on the border of Ukraine and Poland. She grew up in the small town of Sosnica with her family, working the farmland regularly and receiving much of her education from her mother on the weekends. Because of the lifestyle she had, she rarely left the town and rarely met new people.
Fortune must have been in her favor, or potentially lack thereof, when at the age of twelve she stumbled into a black market operation while mindlessly playing and rummaging through the abandoned buildings dotted around the town on her farmland.
She strolled inside the building with flaking white paint on its walls to discover a single light, along with a large, dark, mysterious, and exceptionally wonderfully bearded fellow sitting on an old wooden crate, two large heavy black cases behind him. The man introduced himself as “Nick”. The first encounter was an interesting one and Alex, although concerned and somewhat surprised by the large bearded man, decided to stay and listen.
To Alex it wasn’t at all obvious who or what she stumbled in on, but the small abandoned property surrounded by fields with a single dirt track in and out was home to an outpost and dealing center for a notorious black market trade. The traders would deal in everything from alcohol to people. Little did Alex know what was ahead of her, but little did she know any different.
The bearded fellow, Nick, must have liked the poor girl, she did come across as somewhat rebellious, hell, the life she lived was too simple for anyone with half a mind to have any sort of ambition. He decided to try and converse, build a relationship. She may not be worth much now, but eventually, she may be worth a large deal in his organization.
Since their first meet Alex was deathly interested in what occurred in that place. It was new and different, every weekend when she had her free time for years she would use her breaks in teaching to head over and see if the bearded fellow was still around. At times he was, at other times he merely disappeared for months at a time. Understandable.

This kept on occurring for years until by the age of 14, Alex had become good friends with Nick, and Nick, in return, had begun teaching her his way of life, spinning stories about being for the greater good, the work being legal, and about how he was the “robin hood” of Central Europe. There was Alex, with no knowledge of anything further than the local trading stalls of other towns, hearing the prospect of touring cities, exploring new countries and getting paid for remedial work? How was this not a part of her life already?
She knew she could not leave her family yet, and opted to stay. Nick reluctantly agreed, he had built a trust in her and promised that he would keep on returning, and until she was ready, would begin to teach her more and more about the trade and operations.
Alex’s life continued for the next two years, she became more pubescent and, naturally, this leads to more and more arguments with her life. “She’s a teenager! She can do what she wants now but no! She’s stuck on this damned farm doing work day in and day out with nothing to show for it!” She had come to constant arguments with her parents, only finding the source of joy in life returning to Nick when he was near and listening to his storied and plans and everything that entwined in the web of his work.
When Alex reached sixteen she finally had enough, the arguments and the slow work were nothing for her, she kept her dreams of big cities and dangerous opportunities in the forefront of her mind for months and her parents obviously didn’t have a concern with her leaving, they still argued on and on and on.
She waited until Nick arrived one day, and with a swift pack of her bags, she left the house late at night to join him in the old building.

It was a dark and cold night, her transport was an old military truck, but she sat up front listening to country music in the front, Nick drove and it suddenly became apparent around her that Alex was really switching lives now, was it the shotgun on the spare passenger seat or the crates of valuables in the back? She didn’t have a real clue what was happening, but she swallowed hard and carried on. “It’s better than a farm.” She repeated to herself.
A few nights of travel later and she arrived at a large warehouse surrounded with barbed wire. She couldn’t see it as the truck rolled in but she felt she was watched from every angle, it was concerning. The truck rolled into the large building and came to a rest. As Alex dropped herself down from the truck she took a look around and gawped at the interior. Crates and crates of valuables, weapons, and even a few super cars were in view at the end of the long and open room. This was her new home then.
Nick showed her to her room, it was spacious, and a double bed and fresh clothes awaited her. He told her warm and large food wasn’t a problem and that warm water was available 24 hours a day. Something of a luxury to Alex, she broke down and hugged Nick. The awkward silence afterwards was only broken by a call for Nick’s needs.
Her side of the deal for the quality of life was simple. She worked for her keep and soon, became an aide to Nick’s services. Sure she was behind the group at times doing nothing but watching out for suspicious people or hiding away with a laptop, but she was there, and slowly but surely, over the next two years, she started earning her way up the ladder, traveling all across Ukraine and Poland for her jobs, it was the life she dreamed of, but most importantly, she was making quick money with great friends and company.

By the time she was seventeen Alex was working on large-scale jobs, weapons and luxury car trades were a weekly trade for her, Nick became more and more trusted with Alex’s performance and allowed her soon to take her own jobs.
For her eighteenth birthday, Nick bought her a simple and small leather case, inside it contained a lock picking set and a small clear padlock. “You have a steady hand.” He told her. Although slightly bewildered by the prospect of owning some picks, she gratefully took them and in her and Nick’s spare time, she slowly learned how to open the padlock.
She was elated and each week, Nick would bring her a new padlock or a new clear training-lock to try and unlock and, although it wasn’t great, she did the job only breaking the odd pick every now and then.
Soon she became enthralled with picking, it became her life and she soon, with the nod from Nick, started working in various other parts of the trade other than distribution. She joined one of Nick’s teams that work on obtaining the goods via illegitimate methods as a picker and worked her way through the days, picking basic padlocks at the start, to doors, and eventually the locks to gates and supercar a plenty.
She became an integral part to the business that Nick had created, he was proud, and Alex was enjoying her life.
Years went by, as she obtained herself a high-quality picking kit and her black job clothes. She occasionally looked back at her life in the village, surrounded with guilt, she occasionally broke into her old home to check on her family, leaving them a generous donation to the house funds when she did.

The war was disastrous for Alex. Her life crumbled before her eyes as the occupational forces ran riot over Central Europe. She watches as her black market crew took their arms to defend their livelihood, only to suffer the same fate as the rest of humanity. Alex took shelter in her basement, hiding under an old and rusted overturned bathtub until the fighting stopped.
She emerged with all she took with her, her picking kit, her first padlock, a training lock, and her clothes. She looked around the basement, it was dark but there were streams of light coming from the open door.
As she looked up she realized the fate of humanity. Burning rubble and smouldering remains were all that remained of the town she lived in. There was no sign of Nick or any of the crew, even after frantic and desperate cries for them, she conceded, falling into a ball of tears and anguish.

After a few hours of lament, she picked up her articles, rolled them into her carrying case, slung it on her back and walked out into the town’s remains where she was, eventually, seized by the occupational forces and directed to her new fate.

The Train she was on was old and crowded, everyone was wearing the same blue jumpsuit and nervous expressions, carrying only the few belongings they could grab before being “detained”. Alex held onto her carrying case, her articles of clothing and pick were well hidden between other clothes she pulled from the wreckage of the warehouse to cover them.
The locomotive pulled into her new establishment, a large sign reads C18. This was her new home then? It was dark and confusing, her only thoughts were to hide again. These people killed her friends and family, she was alone and she needed to hide.
Although assigned a room in the “civil housing.” She wandered through the slums and suburbs, frequently changing her hideout as she lived purely off of pickpocketing other people’s foods and goods while continuing to practice her picking skills. She occasionally broke into people’s apartments or buildings in the slums. Ransacking the joint for sustenance before hightailing it out of there.
One time, about two months into her life in the city, Alex was eyed in the room, she was spotted and needed to make a break for it. She stumbled, took a fall on her leave, and dislocated her shoulder in the process. Only escaping certain death because of the compassion and pity of the kind citizen she raided.

Things were going to be rough in the city, so, after her quick visit to the hospital in town where she met a wonderful doctor, she needed to invest her time in learning quicker escape plans, tactics… Freerunning.
 At times when she was alone she began looking into very simple things, wall running, jumping, and controlling herself at speed. It wasn’t pulling off well but it was getting there, and it was something to do while she let her shoulder heal.

Alex decided that if the worst were to come to the worst in the city, she’d need something to protect herself, so she make herself two shivs; one out of an old screwdriver wrapped with twine, and the other made of a twine wrapped spoon with the handle sharpened, sharpened over and over again over the stone walls in the slums.

So, she was learning new skills, refining her old ones, and looking after her kit the best she could. Was this the time that Alex Sorin could become her former self? Live up to her mentor and father figure? Could she become the Nick of City 18?
This was the time to tell. It was the time of the Ghost.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

+Ability to pick the locks on doors and locks
+Ability to preform acrobatics (free running style) to a basic level IC after a few weeks (OOC time) of practice
+Ability to preform "smash and grab" robberies with the crowbar if things go tits up
+Dark clothes and hood better conceals identity
+Weapon is concealable and light making for easy threatening ability, it's also a weapon

-Picks can get stuck, lock picking can be damned obvious if someone walks by
-Character is physically weak and isn't a fighter, a problem if she gets caught
-Toolkit is fiddly and takes time to preform actions
-Lock picks can jam and break if accidentally applying too much torque
-Free running can lead to falling and injuries if accidents happen
-Locks and toolkit takes maintenance which is a difficult property with such unique tools
-Clothes stands out and looks obviously out of place if in D1
-Weapons are poorly made and likely to break quickly over time
-Being a self taught middle-European makes her English poor, not a good trait if you need to talk yourself out of a situation
-There is always a lot that can go wrong with any type of theft job, most passive tests will incur a /roll -20 (I will need to roll 70+ to pass) during a job
-End of the day I will have to carry all this around with me which is an IC nightmare

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Mostly create RP by breaking into places for food etc rather than visiting ration distributions.
Potentially occasionally breaking into businesses and muggings.
Development for more RP in D2 and apartments/CWU.
Create a depth of RP in D2
MAYBE become a black market of various stuff in the future but it would take another auth again in the future

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Extra Notes (optional):
Obviously all of this equip and perks are open to discussion and change.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:54:51 AM by [CA] KiwieeEh »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kiwiee's Authorization application
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:48:37 AM »
gonna take a swing in the dark here and say you recently played thief or some other assassin-esque game

if i were you i'd put a little more originality into your applications

also a 'small crowbar' is really called a pinchbar, crowbars are the bigger ones

before someone attempts to warn me:

Currently, anyone may post in an authorization application thread as long as what they are posting is valid, constrictive and not just a post stating whether or not you support the application.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:50:31 AM by XXXPUSSYSLAYERXXX »

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54:08 AM »
gonna take a swing in the dark here and say you recently played thief or some other assassin-esque game

if i were you i'd put a little more originality into your applications

also a 'small crowbar' is really called a pinchbar, crowbars are the bigger ones
Nope, just thought it would be a nice idea to RP, plus I was challenged to ICly steal from the CWU at some point.

I get your criticism and I accept that it's not the most original thing in the world but hey, it was 5am when I started writing it and I can't exactly change the whole thing up now, I know it ain't the best and definitely isn't my best work.

thanks for the hint, I've changed the name in the app.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:56:05 AM »
i mean like if you saw somebody wearing a black trenchcoat irl and a black mask and a black jumpsuit there's not even plausibility that you need to think they just copied some video game

people who commit crimes irl dont go to that extent of clothing because you're going to be detected just for what you're wearing

tbh you'd be better off with like a black woolen jumper jeans and a balaclava that can be stuffed into pockets

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 03:58:11 AM »
it looks nice, and it has a nice concept to it
i'd like to see it on the server and what you're requesting doesn't seem too bad, however for only 578 words it's a little bit under what i'd expect, i'd recommend increasing that count or taking off some of the things that you are requesting.
some of the pieces of it appear rushed, for example the shivs and the 'i found a full lockpicking set in my travels'
nice app overall however, and the concept is really nice

edit: also the nickname seems really unoriginal
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:59:55 AM by Vegas »

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Kiwiee\'s Authorization application
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:57 AM »
I appreciate both of the comments, I am only going with the equip mostly to make myself stand out more, it adds some extra negative effects to the RP and remember that people can change clothes, I'd only really look into wearing the coat and hood etc. if I was prepping and actually taking on the idea of a raid.

And yeah, I accept that in some areas the application is poorly written, I reiterate that it was started at 5am here and with it now being 8am with no sleep I can hardly say it's my best quality.
I'd happily edit some extra quality in but now I need some sleep. However, if anyone wants to judge the application based solely on how it is and potentially taking in that I hope some, if not most of the admins here know I at least have some decent RP ability in there, having an EsU and OTA unit and using that to at lest give me some benefit of the doubt I'd also accept that.

Again, I'll look at the auth some point in the future if need be, I just need at least a nap.

I'm glad I'm getting feedback though, always nice to see :)

EDIT:
New mind new story, same idea, new writing :)

(I hope almost 2000 words is better for you ;) )
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:51:12 AM by [CA] KiwieeEh »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
I understand that for some people on the server, they spend their time walking about looking for something to do, including walking in and around D2. Perhaps an encounter with a player like this would trigger to players: "Ah, there are people like this in the server".
I think what im trying to say here is it would be good to advertise that you don't have to be a normal citizen in a blue jumpsuit or an anti-citizen in a rebel outfit, but can infact be original.

TL;DR I see no problem with this, at the end of the day any abuse can be easily fixed with the revoke of the auth

+Support

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 07:41:15 PM »
Sometimes the items asked for in an auth dont have to be practical. It's based off what the character would have or want. Maybe his russian character has seen too many movies or just wants to look cool. It's not like he's copying anything.
There's a lot of room for abuse, but I think Kiwi can handle it.
+Support

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:55 PM »
I also support this. Consider it accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal