Author Topic: Evolution: Truth or exaggerated?  (Read 7726 times)

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Evolution: Truth or exaggerated?
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »
I am interested on CG's stance on evolution. I'm currently reading Darwin's 'Origin of Species'. I think evolution is true it was not created by an intelligent design.

Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Evolution: Truth or exaggerated?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
I don't think we will be able to definitely know 100% that evolution is truth until a very long time. While it's plausible that evolution is correct, there may be other theories that we will uncover in the future. All I know is that it's going to be some time until we can say, 100%, that evolution is pure and utter fact.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »
I'm 100% certain on evolution, it's less of a theory, more of a fact.
Like fucking gravity, it's proven over and over.
have a nice day :)

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:29 PM »
Evolution is of course true. It's a fact that species evolve. However if we're speaking about where Human beings came from, It's hard to say. We've found Hominids and other ape-like bipedal species that aren't quite human, but are very very close. It wouldn't be far fetched to simply state that we evolved from other ape like organisms. It's much more believable than a magical man who created us and wants us to follow his rules without even proving his existence.
ok

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:05:24 PM »

I think there's more to gravity. "atoms pull each other together" is basically the argument. What is the actual, physical force pulling them? Not gravity but the ACTUAL, PHYSICAL, thing pulling them together. Is it the electrons somehow grabbing each other and bringing themselves together(that would make far more sense to me). I've tried asking this question many times but people just tell me "oh, its gravity". What is the ACTUAL THING PULLING EACH OTHER TOGETHER, saying one word "gravity" doesn't answer the question. There has to be something, anything, pulling each other together. Tell me what it is and how it works, then label it gravity. But until I hear a solid explanation for this then who the fuck knows what's pulling us to the ground.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 09:14:14 PM »

I think there's more to gravity. "atoms pull each other together" is basically the argument. What is the actual, physical force pulling them? Not gravity but the ACTUAL, PHYSICAL, thing pulling them together. Is it the electrons somehow grabbing each other and bringing themselves together(that would make far more sense to me). I've tried asking this question many times but people just tell me "oh, its gravity". What is the ACTUAL THING PULLING EACH OTHER TOGETHER, saying one word "gravity" doesn't answer the question. There has to be something, anything, pulling each other together. Tell me what it is and how it works, then label it gravity. But until I hear a solid explanation for this then who the fuck knows what's pulling us to the ground.

the force that pulls us all towards the centre of the planet is indeed gravity though, its one of the four fundamental forces of nature

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »

the force that pulls us all towards the centre of the planet is indeed gravity though, its one of the four fundamental forces of nature

But tell me what is making everything be pulled together? What is the thing that is grabbing other atoms? To me it seems like magic, as if someone just has telekinesis. That's all gravity seems to be to me, telekinesis. This is probolly really deep but I'd like an answer to this telekinisis. Is it just magnets? As magnets make a lot more sense.

http://www.howmagnetswork.com/ This website can accurately tell how they work, whereas gravity is a different story.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »

It really depends on what theory you go by. Some people say its caused by particles called Gravitons, some say its caused by Gravitaional Waves, others, such as Newtons theory states that: Every point mass attracts every single other point mass by a force pointing along the line intersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them, being represented by the equation F=G m1(m2)/r^2.

Whereas Einstein's theory was basically that though basic physics clearly states two objects travelling in a parallel lines never meet, they actually do due to gravity which is caused by a dip in the fabric of space/time. Basically, it looks something like this.

Though more to the point, I think evolution is something that is quite true. I don't for a single minute believe that an invisible magic Dumbledor in the sky suddenly clapped his hands and all of existence suddenly came to be. That just sounds way too idealistic to be true. I do believe, however, that there is a source to everything. For example: Energy can not be created or destroyed -- that much we know. But it makes you think, if it can't be created and it can't be destroyed, how the flying fuck is it around to begin with? Energy is essentially suited to the situation via conversion into whatever, be it heat, kinetic, sound, light, blah blah. All in all, it's an elusive topic because it begs the question, why are we the way that we are? If evolution IS actually factual, why haven't we seen anything like it on a major scale which created us in the billions of years Earth has existed? Further more, if dinosaurs have been around as long as they had, why had they not gone through the same intellectual metamorphosis as homo sapiens? Why are we the special ones?

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 09:49:37 PM »

It really depends on what theory you go by. Some people say its caused by particles called Gravitons, some say its caused by Gravitaional Waves, others, such as Newtons theory states that: Every point mass attracts every single other point mass by a force pointing along the line intersecting both points. The force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them, being represented by the equation F=G m1(m2)/r^2.

Whereas Einstein's theory was basically that though basic physics clearly states two objects travelling in a parallel lines never meet, they actually do due to gravity which is caused by a dip in the fabric of space/time. Basically, it looks something like this.

Though more to the point, I think evolution is something that is quite true. I don't for a single minute believe that an invisible magic Dumbledor in the sky suddenly clapped his hands and all of existence suddenly came to be. That just sounds way too idealistic to be true. I do believe, however, that there is a source to everything. For example: Energy can not be created or destroyed -- that much we know. But it makes you think, if it can't be created and it can't be destroyed, how the flying fuck is it around to begin with? Energy is essentially suited to the situation via conversion into whatever, be it heat, kinetic, sound, light, blah blah. All in all, it's an elusive topic because it begs the question, why are we the way that we are? If evolution IS actually factual, why haven't we seen anything like it on a major scale which created us in the billions of years Earth has existed? Further more, if dinosaurs have been around as long as they had, why had they not gone through the same intellectual metamorphosis as homo sapiens? Why are we the special ones?

What about spontaneous generation? I still think that's a viable theory. Think about it, when the earth was created it was nothing but molten rock and the climate wasn't habitable for any lifeform to exist. But eventually amino acids and other proteins were created due to this heat and the climate, eventually leading up to single cell organisms aka prokaryotes or however you spell it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »

What about spontaneous generation? I still think that's a viable theory. Think about it, when the earth was created it was nothing but molten rock and the climate wasn't habitable for any lifeform to exist. But eventually amino acids and other proteins were created due to this heat and the climate, eventually leading up to single cell organisms aka prokaryotes or however you spell it.

Yeah, no. Spontaneous Generation is a dated theory which contradicts many things such as univocal generation. It's essentially effectively disproved by the Swan Neck Bottle and the Fly & Meat experiments. Probably not what they're actually called, but that's beside the point.

As you can see in the diagrams, if spontaneous generation were true, then organisms would have developed in the broth or on the meat even without contact with microorganisms or flies. Amino Acids are the building blocks of life, and the way I see it and from what I remember from a brief and rather vague explanation, the process in which unicellular life was created on Earth in its volatile primordial stages was through the random crashing and smashing of elements and various other organic building blocks thus leading to the most basic of make ups which would henceforth be added on to via natural processes and the later dubbed natural selection.

>I'll never forget...

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
Einstein's theory on gravity is proven.

Evolution is pretty much a given fact in modern science, everyone accepts. Seeing as there is insurmountable examples of it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »

Evolution is pretty much a given fact in modern science, everyone accepts. Seeing as there is insurmountable examples of it.

All in all, it's an elusive topic because it begs the question, why are we the way that we are? If evolution IS actually factual, why haven't we seen anything like it on a major scale which created us in the billions of years Earth has existed? Further more, if dinosaurs have been around as long as they had, why had they not gone through the same intellectual metamorphosis as homo sapiens? Why are we the special ones?

>I'll never forget...

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »

All in all, it's an elusive topic because it begs the question, why are we the way that we are? If evolution IS actually factual, why haven't we seen anything like it on a major scale which created us in the billions of years Earth has existed? Further more, if dinosaurs have been around as long as they had, why had they not gone through the same intellectual metamorphosis as homo sapiens? Why are we the special ones?

Aquatic ape theory.
The fact that we're also a weaker a species as a whole, would probably encourage mental growth for survival purposes

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 11:19:48 PM »

Aquatic ape theory.
The fact that we're also a weaker a species as a whole, would probably encourage mental growth for survival purposes

What. So you mean to tell me that humans got smart the way they did because a bunch of niggas lived near water for a long time and then left before they turned into mermaids? I'm sorry, but the just seems like a load of crap to me. I could buy the "weaker species = more brain power necessity" shtick, but Aquatic ape theory? Lolwut.

Some dinosaurs lived in "semi aquatic" environments...why weren't they running around building adobe huts and pyramids?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic_ape_hypothesis

>I'll never forget...

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:41 AM »

Aquatic ape theory.

What. So you mean to tell me that humans got smart the way they did because a bunch of niggas lived near water for a long time and then left before they turned into mermaids? I'm sorry, but the just seems like a load of crap to me. I could buy the "weaker species = more brain power necessity" shtick, but Aquatic ape theory? Lolwut.

Some dinosaurs lived in "semi aquatic" environments...why weren't they running around building adobe huts and pyramids?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic_ape_hypothesis

Well you see, that was a different paragraph. I was saying that would affect our stance greatly. I am however, not 100% in on the theory.

Reptiles have a lesser brain capacity than mammals. Besides, semi-aquatic means that they'd spend time in water but not live in it to the degree of a frog. Reptiles evolve differently to mammals too, they get transparent eyelids and such; let's not forget we're great apes, which walk on all fours but can walk as a bipedal . So, as potential tree-dwellers too, we'd have no reason to evolve into water dwelling because trees are safer, thus we adapted to maintain out home, but traverse water — Standing upright. This would make sense as to why babies can swim.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal