Author Topic: [Application Cross Post] Colombo Beniamino Authorization Application  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
(Elions had a good idea, so I decided to do the same thing. Auth apps, along with CWU apps aren't getting checked from what I've seen.)
Player Section

Steam Name: Vegas
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): ~5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: ~4 years

Character Section

Authorization(s): Cane blade. (twist the handle, sword comes out of the tip)
Golden ring.

Name: Colombo Beniamino
Affiliation: Slums/Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations. Born in Sicily, 1962, Colombo Beniamino was your average child. He was birthed into a relatively high-class family, due to their connections to the Mafia. Strange men would come by periodically, dropping off packages. His parents would leave without notice, and come back weeks later.
They lived in a mansion, as this was promptly after the 'economic miracle'. His grandfather, however, was Colombo's favorite. He would always show him his collections of odds and ends, including antiques from the wars. His grandfather always had a cane leaning against the wall whenever Colombo came over, which was oddly never used.

One day, as he was over at his grandparent's house, his grandfather had to go check on something outside. As soon as he was out of the door, Colombo went over to the cane leaning on the wall. Being a curious teenager, he picked it up and inspected it. It was in perfect condition, obviously the wood was being polished periodically. The handle seemed oddly detached, seperated from the rest by a brass band. He grabbed the handle and felt it spin a little bit in his hand. A glint of metal flashed in the corner of his eye. He looked down, and the tip of a knife was coming out of the bottom of the cane. He slowly twisted the handle, curious. As he did, the knife slowly evolved into something more - A sword. He heard a noise, and tilted his head up. The doorknob was turning. He quickly spun the handle the other way, and set it up on the wall the best he could. His grandfather walked back into the room, and, fortunately, didn't notice anything.

6 years later, Colombo is working the cash register at a corner store. An odd man stalks in, a hat pulled over his eyes, wearing a suit. He approaches the register instantly, not pausing to grab anything. He knocks on the counter twice, a hollow sound resonating. Colombo looks at the man, and tilts his head slightly. The man begins to talk;
"You're Mr. Beniamino?"
"Yes, I am. Who are you?"
"I'm a... friend, of your grandfather, Domenico. He has recently passed and has some items for you. Come to the docks by 7. Don't be late."
The man knocks on the counter again, and leaves without giving Colombo time to speak.

After clocking out of his shift at 6:30, Colombo begins walking down the streets to the docks. The sun is setting, and the streets are relatively empty. It's late November, a sharp chill putting the hair on Colombo's neck up. After he finally arrives at the docks, at 6:50, the sun has completely set. There are two men wearing hats over their eyes wearing suits, and another man wearing a suit. They all have gloves and dress shoes. The man without a hat has gray hair, and leaning on a cane.
Colombo glances between the men. One of the men wearing a hat pulls a bag off of his back. He tosses it in front of the gray haired man.
"Come here." the gray haired man says.
Colombo slowly steps forward, his shoes clapping against the cobbled floor. The man gets on one knee, opening the bag. He pulls out three items; a spotless golden ring, a box, and finally; the cane that used to lean against his grandfather's wall.

Colombo's eyes widen a little bit as he recognizes the cane. The man extends his arm, the ring atop the box. Colombo grabs the box, his hands shaking slightly. He then grabs the cane.
"He also had a message for you." the gray haired man says to Colombo.
"What is the message?"
"Don't forget who you are."
The three men spin on their heels, walking away, their dress shoes loudly slapping the cobblestones.
Twenty years later, Colombo is sitting in his mansion that he bought with half of his inheritance in Kiev, Ukraine just recently. He has yet to find a wife, living alone. He idly spins in his office chair, contemplating all of the events of his life when an abruptly loud bang is heard outside. He rockets to his feet, stepping over to the blinds. He pulls it open, glancing outside. A portal is being ripped into the skies, dropships coming down. A gunship comes out of the skies, and it begins blowing rooves off of houses. Ropes appear to be coming down from the dropships, shapes sliding down them.

Colombo swears, spinning on his heel. He paces across the hardwood floor, arriving at his closet. He opens the door, reaching to the top shelf. He grabs his grandfather's cane and a shovel, hurrying to his yard. He begins rapidly digging, glancing about. The portals are far enough away that he has time. He speeds up the digging, until he has a hole about five feet deep. He shoves the cane in, its perfect condition being tarnished by the dirt, and he buries it. The portals are practically right above him now. He hurls the shovel as far as he can, landing across the street. He sprints around to his back yard, hiding underneath his deck. He shelters his head, curling up into a ball and being as silent as he can.

It's almost a day later, Colombo still hiding underneath the deck. He crawls forward, peering his head around. There is noone in sight, the streets spattered with blood. He crawls out and around his house, glancing around. Everywhere seems to be empty. He looks up now, and sees a spire being formed in the distance. It seems to symbolize a city of some sort. He crawls over to his front yard. The shovel is still there, across the street. He walks over to it, more confident now. He grabs it, walking back to his yard. He begins digging where he buried the cane, reaching down. He pulls it out, shaking loose dirt off of it. He begins going towards the city, not ten miles away.As he draws near, he notices a canal system leading towards the city. It seems mostly dried up. Seeing low ground as probably more safe, he enters the canals.

After following the canals, he ends up in the entry to the 'slums' of the city. He walks in, looking about. There seems to be noone about, most of them probably hiding in their homes. He decides to play it safe, seeing as whatever made this city has either captured or killed everybody. He walks forward, and notices an alleyway. He hobbles over to it, slowly entering. As he nears the end of the alley, he notices that it's empty. He decides that this is a good spot, laying it down in the corner, pulling some cardboard over it. Colombo then leaves the alleyway, deciding to turn himself in.
Colombo leaves the slums, walking out into the heart of the city. A towering man wearing a mask stops him.
"Citizen, apply."
"Apply? What does that mean?"
"Name and citizen identification digits. State them."
"Err.. Colombo Beniamino. What are citizen identification digits?"
"You have not been given an identification card? Follow me, ciizen."
He follows the man, as he leads him to the Nexus. He is then handed his card, and shoved back out into the streets.
Colombo quickly returns to the slums, going back to the same alleyway that he hid the cane in. He had hidden the gold ring in his pocket, so he pulled it out and put it on. He walked over to his cane, pulling the cardboard off of it. He picked it up, and set out of the alleyway to explore what the city held in store for him.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
+Weapon to fight with
+Backstory
+Utility as a blade

-Ring might get stolen
-Mechanism could get stuck.
-Blade would require maintance

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects? I plan to defend the bar that my character runs, as well as use it to create passive roleplay while keeping the blade in good condition.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s)) No.

Extra Notes (optional): N/A

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Application Cross Post] Colombo Beniamino Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
The only problem is that this board is in character and this post is not.
I would move it to applications but im on phone at work. So I can't atm.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Application Cross Post] Colombo Beniamino Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »
Locking because it got approved already by OzJackal, sorry for the inconvenience.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal