Author Topic: Courtney Jane Strong's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
Courtney Jane Strong's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »
Courtney Jane Strong's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Grom

IC Character Name: Courtney Jane Strong

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Courtney's post-invasion life has been fairly unremarkable. She has kept her head down, assisting the CCA where possible in an attempt to fly 'below the radar'. Coupled with her respect and deference to authority, Courtney is in many ways an ideal citizen - she listens, follows orders and stays out of trouble.

Keeping her head down wasn't enough to ensure a peaceful existence, however. When a friend was stabbed and left to die by another citizen over a handful of tokens, Courtney was appalled by the injustice of the situation. Senseless violence seemed inherent amongst the citizen population, leading Courtney to wonder what could be done.

Recently, Courtney witnessed a Combine Civil Authority raid on D2 wherein several units were engaged by anti-citizens in a firefight on the bridge. After escaping the firefight and returning to her apartment, she found an MPF unit lying wounded and offered to help by providing her jacket as a makeshift bandage. Reinforcements and a member of the Citizen Healthcare Providers service arrived to assist, and Courtney was sent away.

Roughly twenty-four hours later, Courtney witnessed another raid, this time observing an OTA team proceeding into D2 and observing the hardpoint established by MPF personnel to facilitate the raid. The unit on point at the clamp site was the unit she'd assisted the day before, and after turning in a note found in the UCH, was encouraged by the unit to join the MPF.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Courtney possesses a submissive and somewhat introverted personality, meaning she's likely to take orders well and unlikely to talk back. She has a strong sense of justice. She tends to defer to authority figures and as a citizen has avoided trouble, and views vices such as gambling and drugs as distasteful.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Having roleplayed a CCA unit before, my expectations are similar to what I've already experienced. CCA roleplay provides ongoing roleplay in the forms of training and comradeship that isn't necessarily available outside of the CCA. I expect to form bonds with other units through patrols and activities and to interact with citizens in a variety of ways, whether I'm handing out rations or beatings. Generally, CCA roleplay allows mature players a chance to heighten the atmosphere of the server, adding to the dystopian feeling present on the server.

On the other hand, I'm aware that some of the misconceptions regarding CCA roleplay are generally exaggerated or fabricated. I'm not expecting to engage in shootouts with rebels every two days or to spend my time cybering inside the Nexus.

Within the CCA, I expect to find a group of mature, like-minded roleplayers who desire to create an atmosphere similar to that in the game for the general playerbase and a group of close-knit officers who take the time to interact with their comrades on patrol or while off-duty.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
The third of three children, Courtney was pushed to excel by her father who passed away when she was nine. Raised by her mother and grandfather in a lower-class neighborhood, Courtney was determined to escape from what she perceived to be a life of underachievement and violence. Eschewing the lifestyle her older brothers embraced, Courtney avoided drugs, alcohol and gangs in favour of education and hard work. The work paid off, and she was offered a scholarship to a local college - to most, this would barely be an accomplishment, but for Courtney it was both proof that she could rise above her upbringing and a chance to escape.

Courtney was studying to be a teacher when the Seven Hour War broke out, and in the aftermath and during the Combine invasion she watched governments collapse and mankind descend into anarchy that was only halted by the establishment of Combine-controlled cities and the relocation of the population to urban centers. For Courtney, life was uncomfortable but not entirely unfamiliar – life in the Union-controlled cities wasn’t particularly different to her pre-college life, and in some ways the constant presence of authority made it an improvement. Criminal gangs were stamped out, violent offenses were uncommon, and ration cycles and assigned housing guaranteed citizens who cooperated would be cared for.

Courtney settled into her new life with a sense of pragmatic acceptance. Participating in work details as mandated, she lived a relatively solitary life with limited contact outside of her roommates and work colleagues. For a time, she attempted to find out what happened to her family, sending letters through approved channels, but eventually these efforts ceased. Like many citizens, Courtney simply continued to exist – life became little more than work and sleep, with the routine performed in something of a daze.

Before long, Courtney was relocated to City 18. She had been relocated before, and didn’t expect this city to be any different from the others she’d lived in. This wasn’t to be the case. In her brief time in the city, Courtney has seen one of her roommates murdered, witnessed a firefight between MPF personnel and anti-citizens and – in her mind – saved a unit’s life. Her eyes opened, Courtney decided – at the unit’s prompting – to make something of her life. She would join the MPF.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Not that I can remember.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Six years. Probably closer to seven.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Probably approaching seven years now. I've also participated in forum-based roleplays for around nine years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
I've been registered and have played on and off for around a year and a half.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT+10

5. In what country do you live?
Australia

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
In HL2RP, probably a prolonged sequence of roleplay on Pubgamer where CCA forces attempted to track down an anti-citizen figurehead. As a Civil Administrator, I made numerous speeches discrediting her and was heavily involved in attempts made to draw her out of hiding through instituting crackdowns on rations and appealing to the public to sell her out.

Outside of HL2RP, I played a bounty hunter on Infusion Gaming's Fallout roleplay server and had the privilege of capturing DrVengeance's raider character. After being doublecrossed by the New California Republic and refused payment, I hung around with him for a while before selling him to a bartender. The entire series of events as well as the roleplay we shared during his captivity was fantastic.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes. I was an admin for a period of time at two roleplaying communities (PubGamer and Infusion Gaming), and listening was a large part of the job.

IC Section

Full Name: Courtney Jane Strong
CID: 63943
Height: 5' 2"
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 105lb
Mental Distinctions: Reluctant to accept praise; often tries to deflect credit for achivements to others.
Mental Defects: None recorded. Family history of late-onest Alzheimers. Aunt and mother diagnosed with clinical depression at age forty.
Mental Advantages: Above-average mental faculties. Intelligent. Possesses good memory and developed communicational skills.
Notable Qualities: Keen attention to detail and developed observational skills. Loyal and trusting with strong respect for authority.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To better serve the Union and to assist in its efforts across the city. I believe joining the CCA would allow me to contribute to the city’s wellbeing in a meaningful way, protecting citizens from unruly elements and helping the Union maintain a secure, stable rulership of the city.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Courtney Jane Strong hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Courtney Jane Strong's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
Pending

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Not that I can remember.

This is a pretty vague awnser so i'm going to check out whether or not you've had a unit here before, if you post back with a definitive answer then you'd be helping yourself

19/03/2014: Accepted for interview
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:25:44 PM by Krisrules »

Offline Grom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
Pending

Not that I can remember.

This is a pretty vague awnser so i'm going to check out whether or not you've had a unit here before, if you post back with a definitive answer then you'd be helping yourself

19/03/2014: Accepted for interview
Checking my 'own posts' section I can't find an application for one but I also can't find an application for the CWU which I definitely applied for and was accepted into at one time. I've definitely played units at other communities but I'm fairly sure I haven't had one at CG. After a few years HL2RP starts blending into one big blur of characters. :P Hope that helps.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:35:25 PM »
Accepted and inducted.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal